Round 2, Game 1, Utah Jazz vs Los Angeles Clippers

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

Denizfeital
Starter
And1: 198

Re: Round 2, Game 1, Utah Jazz vs Los Angeles Clippers 

Post#41 » by Denizfeital » Wed Jun 9, 2021 2:14 pm

What a game. I am so happy with the team. They played without Conley (and we saw how much they missed him), specially during that 8 minute spam when they could not make any basket.

I hope Conley can play these series, perhaps next game. He is very important to this team.

The overall effort was amazing. I loved it. And kudos to The Clippers, they must have been tired for a while and it showed in the second half, but they never gave up.

On a side note, very cool to see Karl Malone watching the game.

Let's go Jazz! We can do it.

Regards,

Deniz
zero24gravity
Sixth Man
And1: 842

Post#42 » by zero24gravity » Wed Jun 9, 2021 3:27 pm

Donovan was fantastic, we all witnessed that. He's such a hungry player! Rudy got going in the 2nd half, and capped off a spectacular final team defensive possession. But I want to give mini game-balls to Favors and Bogey. The playoffs as a whole have shown us why the team needed Favors back this season. No, he's not Rudy, but that man is a wonderful back-up center, who is smart, reliable, and "gets it". He was really really good at playing his role. Bogdonovic was also stellar in his role. Might be my favorite game with him as a Jazzman. Yes, he's had bigger scoring games, but he played perfectly in his role, IMO. He shot well and mixed up his offense, he worked on D (was matched with Leonard much more than I expected, and held his own), and he had ZERO turnovers because he didn't try to do too much outside of his skillset (my loathing for him dribbling, in general, is well documented). He hit timely big shots, as well. His +12 plus/minus was more than double anyone else on the team (including Mitchell). Good stuff!

Royce also gets a shout out, as a player who is playing his butt off. 11 rebounds, and making life difficult on whoever he guards.

JC did what he's supposed to do. Not great efficiency, but added the bench scoring that the Jazz need, which is his role.

Now, let's keep the momentum going. Need Conley back (healthy) and to see Joe & Niang play more impactful roles.
AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,737

Post#43 » by AingesBurner » Wed Jun 9, 2021 3:39 pm

If Conley is ready to go next game, if I’m Quin I play mental games with Lue and say Conleys doubtful for game 2 and announce 30 minutes before the game that he is playing.
Ingles is cooked.
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,253

Post#44 » by Catchall » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:57 am

I'd like to see the Jazz come out the gate and carpetbomb the Clippers like they did to the Grizzlies in Game 5 last round. Really put the Clips on their heels.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,253

Post#45 » by Catchall » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:58 am

GobertReport wrote:If Conley is ready to go next game, if I’m Quin I play mental games with Lue and say Conleys doubtful for game 2 and announce 30 minutes before the game that he is playing.

Conley has been listed as Questionable for tomorrow.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
Crunch 99
General Manager
And1: 3,679

Post#46 » by Crunch 99 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:56 pm

zero24gravity wrote:...Bogdonovic was also stellar in his role. Might be my favorite game with him as a Jazzman. Yes, he's had bigger scoring games, but he played perfectly in his role, IMO. He shot well and mixed up his offense, he worked on D (was matched with Leonard much more than I expected, and held his own), and he had ZERO turnovers because he didn't try to do too much outside of his skillset (my loathing for him dribbling, in general, is well documented). He hit timely big shots, as well. His +12 plus/minus was more than double anyone else on the team (including Mitchell). Good stuff! ...

Bogey obviously isn't our quickest defender, but imo, his focus, determination and effort is there. He's a gritty player imo. He was one of only two Jazz players to play all 72 regular season games (Niang was the other) and he stepped up on offense when DM and Conley were out. I am glad to have him.

Imo, Bogey occasionally attacking the paint is part of the Jazz offense by design, notwithstanding his occasional bad turnover games. I disagree with the poster that said they guarantee that Quin is not telling him to do that. When his outside shot isn't falling, he often times still finds a way to positively impact games by driving and getting to the line or scoring in the paint. Go Jazz!

Return to Utah Jazz