The LeBron Thread 2021 Off-Season Edition

Moderators: PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063

Mazter
Sixth Man
And1: 768

Re: The LeBron Thread 2021 Off-Season Edition 

Post#241 » by Mazter » Tue Jun 8, 2021 6:14 pm

homecourtloss wrote:A friendly 8 free throws granted to Jordan on midrange fadeaways also helped nicely.

For the bolded—“playoff career,” right? He went on to miss quite a few in Washington that many people (not you) don’t count for whatever reason.

Yeah sure, just went along with the general title "the last shot", which lost it's value of course due to his Wizards comeback, but remained with it's name.
falcolombardi
General Manager
And1: 5,987

Post#242 » by falcolombardi » Tue Jun 8, 2021 7:24 pm

nzahir wrote:You guys think CJ McCollum would be a fit?

Say Trez opts in and no takers for Dennis (so he comes back and goes to bench)

Trez, Kuz, Alfonzo, our 1st, and protected 2027 1st

Maybe a 3 teamer

Is value fair?

i dont see how blazers does that, it doesnt fit going toe a ring with lillard and it also doesnt fit a rebuild without lillard either

in 3 team trade... maybe? that other team would need to give blazers somethingh they want for CJ, if it is picks then lakers are pointless in the trade i think

if is a star then i think they wont part ways with a star for such a meh package
MisterHibachi
RealGM
And1: 19,073

Post#243 » by MisterHibachi » Tue Jun 8, 2021 8:04 pm

Buddy Hield seems a more realistic option than McCollum. He hates being in Sacramento, and from a distance, seems like his relationship with the front office is sour, or maybe that was last year when he wasn't starting idk. Seems like his value should be in the gutter. And Luke coached rookie Kuz so might still have some affinity for him. And if I recall correctly, the Lakers already engaged the Kings this past summer for Bogdan Bogdanovic, so there is some history between the front offices there. Might still be a long shot, but a guy shooting 40% from 3 on 10 attempts a game would be insane next to LeBron and AD, even if he's a negative defender.

Also, wouldn't mind Reggie Bullock and Danny Green back if the Lakers can afford them.
"He looked like Batman coming out of nowhere"
nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,654

Post#244 » by nzahir » Tue Jun 8, 2021 8:55 pm

falcolombardi wrote:
nzahir wrote:You guys think CJ McCollum would be a fit?

Say Trez opts in and no takers for Dennis (so he comes back and goes to bench)

Trez, Kuz, Alfonzo, our 1st, and protected 2027 1st

Maybe a 3 teamer

Is value fair?

i dont see how blazers does that, it doesnt fit going toe a ring with lillard and it also doesnt fit a rebuild without lillard either

in 3 team trade... maybe? that other team would need to give blazers somethingh they want for CJ, if it is picks then lakers are pointless in the trade i think

if is a star then i think they wont part ways with a star for such a meh package

3rd team sends them one guy or if Portland wants to rebuild if Dane is moved?
MisterHibachi
RealGM

Post#245 » by MisterHibachi » Tue Jun 8, 2021 8:57 pm

Read on Twitter

Or maybe he'll be cheaper than we expect. I realize I don't often take into account the value of the contract beyond what it means for making the trade work. CJ being viewed as a negative asset is pretty nuts.
nzahir
RealGM

Post#246 » by nzahir » Tue Jun 8, 2021 8:57 pm

MisterHibachi wrote:Buddy Hield seems a more realistic option than McCollum. He hates being in Sacramento, and from a distance, seems like his relationship with the front office is sour, or maybe that was last year when he wasn't starting idk. Seems like his value should be in the gutter. And Luke coached rookie Kuz so might still have some affinity for him. And if I recall correctly, the Lakers already engaged the Kings this past summer for Bogdan Bogdanovic, so there is some history between the front offices there. Might still be a long shot, but a guy shooting 40% from 3 on 10 attempts a game would be insane next to LeBron and AD, even if he's a negative defender.

Also, wouldn't mind Reggie Bullock and Danny Green back if the Lakers can afford them.

I think Sac chose Hield over Bogdan, so I don’t think they move him

If we could do Kuzma and THT, I would do it

Not sure they would
Greyhound
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,722

The LeBron Thread 2021 Off-Season Edition 

Post#247 » by Greyhound » Wed Jun 9, 2021 3:23 am

I think the Lakers should go back to their winning formula next season. That would be inserting a 3 and D wing into the starting lineup and having LeBron essentially running the point offensively again.

If Schroder is retained, he needs to be placed in the sixth man role he was meant to be in to begin with.

LeBron was able to force the ball to Davis to begin games two seasons ago and that got him going. Schroder took a lot of shot opportunities away from Davis this past season with his hunger to establish his own offense. I say go back to what worked, and LeBron double digit assists is the winning formula.

I still think that Schroder could be valuable for the Lakers if used properly going forward.

You say whatever you need to say to get him to resign, then once he is under contract you do what’s best for the team (and put him in the role that is best suited for the team).
Don't believe the hype...
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#248 » by Slava » Wed Jun 9, 2021 10:57 am

MisterHibachi wrote:Buddy Hield seems a more realistic option than McCollum. He hates being in Sacramento, and from a distance, seems like his relationship with the front office is sour, or maybe that was last year when he wasn't starting idk. Seems like his value should be in the gutter. And Luke coached rookie Kuz so might still have some affinity for him. And if I recall correctly, the Lakers already engaged the Kings this past summer for Bogdan Bogdanovic, so there is some history between the front offices there. Might still be a long shot, but a guy shooting 40% from 3 on 10 attempts a game would be insane next to LeBron and AD, even if he's a negative defender.

Bullock, Green, Olynyk would all be at the top of my wish list for free agents.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
TroubleS0me
Head Coach
And1: 5,160

Post#249 » by TroubleS0me » Wed Jun 9, 2021 12:57 pm

Derrick Rose got more votes & 1st place vote @ that than LeBron wow..

LeBron wasnt going to win but wow he shouldnt have been that low on the voting
he was leading the MVP Race at some point in the season.

MisterHibachi
RealGM

Post#250 » by MisterHibachi » Wed Jun 9, 2021 5:52 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Always liked 6 better anyways. He should've left 23 strictly for the Cavs. Article says AD staying with #3. Would be interesting if LeBron wins another Finals MVP which jersey the Lakers choose to retire. A Finals MVP in two different numbers should generally get both jerseys retired.
nzahir
RealGM

Post#251 » by nzahir » Wed Jun 9, 2021 6:12 pm

MisterHibachi wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

Always liked 6 better anyways. He should've left 23 strictly for the Cavs. Article says AD staying with #3. Would be interesting if LeBron wins another Finals MVP which jersey the Lakers choose to retire. A Finals MVP in two different numbers should generally get both jerseys retired.

I hate this idea

So many different jerseys and teams

Could have kept 23 for CLE only or could have been always 23 besides 6 for Miami

What’s the point of this if AD is staying with 3?

AD couldn’t go back to 23 after Lebron won a ring with 23, so they should have kept them or Lebron should have been 6 originally
TroubleS0me
Head Coach
And1: 5,160

Post#252 » by TroubleS0me » Wed Jun 9, 2021 6:27 pm

MisterHibachi wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

I hope not. Let Kobe have that honor.
LikeABosh
RealGM
And1: 8,633

Post#253 » by LikeABosh » Wed Jun 9, 2021 8:31 pm

Honestly, I don't even think it matters if the Lakers have a negative defender in the lineup. Number 1 defense with a million different lineups because of injuries. Vogel's elite defense is a constant it seems.

But shooting has got to be better and that's really all they should focus on imo. McCollum or Hield would be fine
GSP
RealGM
And1: 14,736

Post#254 » by GSP » Wed Jun 9, 2021 8:33 pm

TroubleS0me wrote:Derrick Rose got more votes & 1st place vote @ that than LeBron wow..

There s always some New York voter. Remember the one who stole unanimous Mvp from Bron by voting for Melo? :noway: :noway:
donnieme
Head Coach
And1: 7,174

Post#255 » by donnieme » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:18 am

Very curious to see what direction the Lakers go on the 5 situation next season. Against the Suns all that perimeter defensive prowess was often circumvented through attacking the bigs. The Lakers matchup strengths on paper almost looked like a weakness at times. It's a pick your posion thing but all options were very costly. Every year bigs that don't guard pace or space become less and less playoff viable.

Would personally ship Drummond and Harrell (both probably opt out anyway) and keep Gasol but not as a starter. It's too costly spending all season building chemistry with players that will just end up picking up DNPs against most playoff matchups. If they couldn't even guard Cameron Payne and 35 yr old CP3 they would have been a disaster rotation against the Nets.
GSP
RealGM
And1: 14,736

Post#256 » by GSP » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:52 am

Seeing how badly Denver is getting clobbered even with Barton back yeah no Murray or Dozier but still. Lakers performance was decent specially with Ad.

They need that shooter who can also score off dribble but besides that I don't think they need too many changes. They'll be the best defense in the league next season too IMO
eminence
RealGM
And1: 10,745

Post#257 » by eminence » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:56 am

GSP wrote:
TroubleS0me wrote:Derrick Rose got more votes & 1st place vote @ that than LeBron wow..

There s always some New York voter. Remember the one who stole unanimous Mvp from Bron by voting for Melo? :noway: :noway:

Apparently there’s a fan vote for MVP and Rose won it, lol.
I bought a boat.
LikeABosh
RealGM
And1: 8,633

Post#258 » by LikeABosh » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:44 pm

Lakers interested in Myles Turner. Not exactly the kind of shooter the Lakers need, but a stretch 5 would be nice. Defense would also be ridiculous with AD and him averaging 5-6 blocks per game
RCM88x
RealGM
And1: 18,975

Post#259 » by RCM88x » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:53 pm

Probably will both be too expensive but either Patty Mills or even Demar Derozan could be valuable on this team. Obviously Derozan's shooting is a concern but he's just the kind of secondary shot creator and ball handler that the Lakers need.

I like the idea of Myles Turner, certainly better than Drummond. CJ sorta worries me for some reason, perhaps due to his lack of play making/passing ability.

LookToShoot wrote:Melo is the only player that makes the Rockets watchable for the basketball purists. Otherwise it would just be three point shots and pick n roll.
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,679

Post#260 » by Dupp » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:03 pm

Probably not possible but I’d try for brogdon. Indy have a bunch of good players on a crappy team.

Return to Player Comparisons