EC | Rd. 2| (1) Sixers vs (5) Hawks [1-1]

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Who will win the series? (after game 2)

Poll ended at Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:50 pm

Hawks
37%
Sixers
63%

Total votes: 30

CP War Hawks
Analyst
And1: 1,429

Re: EC | Rd. 2| (1) Sixers vs (5) Hawks [Hawks up 1-0] 

Post#1661 » by CP War Hawks » Wed Jun 9, 2021 7:30 am

kuclas wrote:
TheNewEra wrote:Is there even a player in the league the Hawks could trade for that could even help them against Embiid? Maybe throw a big money 2 year team option at Marc Gasol?

The hawks are fine with capela guarding Embiid. But hawks have to hard double team Embiid and yes that includes even trae young throwing his 160 pound body to help out. But really John Collins needs to double down to help out on Embiid. Single coverage is suicide vs Embiid especially when he’s within 5 feet.

Watch the 2019 raptors series. Watch Leonard cheat down to help Gasol when Embiid gets closer. That’s how you defend Embiid.

Or just hope he runs out of gas. Embiid was out of gas end of the 3rd quarter. If shake didn’t get hot. I don’t know if Sixers could hang on with Embiid on the bench.

Hawks are not title contenders with Capela. He's no threat to score and his post defense isn't the best. He can get lit up against guys that can stretch the floor or get their own shot.

His offense isn't good enough to where he needs to be accounted. He has no go to move, can't score away from the basket, and he's a bad free throw shooter.
Hans1984
Pro Prospect
And1: 307

Post#1662 » by Hans1984 » Wed Jun 9, 2021 8:54 am

The playoffs really suck so far. So many blowouts. I can count the good games on one hand and I've watched almost every game.
Hussien Fatal
Veteran
And1: 1,372

Post#1663 » by Hussien Fatal » Wed Jun 9, 2021 10:55 am

Slick SickSir wrote:Sixers were way better with simmons on the bench which allowed us to play 5v5 basketball finally

Cant wait to trade him in offseason. Absolute waste of a player

Don’t know if you saw but Embiid was on the bench too during that run. I definitely don’t love Ben but he was key in slowing down trea and I know it’s hard to cope with but that’s where Ben’s value is on DEFENSE. Offensively he is the most frustrating player I’ve ever seen. I do think he should be benched in key moments down the stretch but he is the DPOTY, which automatically puts him in the top 20-25 player category.

But if the sixers fail to make the finals you can bet Ben will be traded for an upgrade along with a prospect. Maybe Dame will be available who knows. But if Ben hurts the sixers in anyway on their way to being eliminated before the finals you can bet Daryl will move him.
They call me Hussien Fatal its a two game table im robbin you **** cradle wit a knife in your navel....
kuclas
General Manager
And1: 3,847

Post#1664 » by kuclas » Wed Jun 9, 2021 11:10 am

CP War Hawks wrote:
kuclas wrote:
TheNewEra wrote:Is there even a player in the league the Hawks could trade for that could even help them against Embiid? Maybe throw a big money 2 year team option at Marc Gasol?

The hawks are fine with capela guarding Embiid. But hawks have to hard double team Embiid and yes that includes even trae young throwing his 160 pound body to help out. But really John Collins needs to double down to help out on Embiid. Single coverage is suicide vs Embiid especially when he’s within 5 feet.

Watch the 2019 raptors series. Watch Leonard cheat down to help Gasol when Embiid gets closer. That’s how you defend Embiid.

Or just hope he runs out of gas. Embiid was out of gas end of the 3rd quarter. If shake didn’t get hot. I don’t know if Sixers could hang on with Embiid on the bench.

Hawks are not title contenders with Capela. He's no threat to score and his post defense isn't the best. He can get lit up against guys that can stretch the floor or get their own shot.

His offense isn't good enough to where he needs to be accounted. He has no go to move, can't score away from the basket, and he's a bad free throw shooter.

So what the alternative? Brook Lopez? A 7 footer who has learn to shoot from 3 point lane and shoots 86% free throws. And can somewhat be a rim deterrent at times even with his slow foot speed?

Atlanta has at least 3-4 guys on floor who can shoot at all times. You still need a center. Go after Jarrett Allen in off season as restricted free agent? Same issue with Allen.

Maybe bringing back Al Horford for one last go to the Hawks? He was actually playing like same ole Horford in okc (not Sixers Horford). But like old Horford reliable 14/7 on pretty good efficiency. Only reason okc shut him down cause they didn’t want to win any games and didn’t want him to get injured.
kuclas
General Manager
And1: 3,847

Post#1665 » by kuclas » Wed Jun 9, 2021 11:27 am

Slick SickSir wrote:
John Murdoch wrote:
Slick SickSir wrote:Sixers were way better with simmons on the bench which allowed us to play 5v5 basketball finally

For who tho

Anyone

How about Neto? You saw how Neto ran Sixers offense last season.

They sucked.

So to say anyone is not a good answer. You need an all star type of guard and not many of those guys available.
CP War Hawks
Analyst
And1: 1,429

Post#1666 » by CP War Hawks » Wed Jun 9, 2021 11:43 am

kuclas wrote:
CP War Hawks wrote:
kuclas wrote:

So what the alternative? Brook Lopez? A 7 footer who has learn to shoot from 3 point lane and shoots 86% free throws. And can somewhat be a rim deterrent at times even with his slow foot speed?

Atlanta has at least 3-4 guys on floor who can shoot at all times. You still need a center. Go after Jarrett Allen in off season as restricted free agent? Same issue with Allen.

Maybe bringing back Al Horford for one last go to the Hawks? He was actually playing like same ole Horford in okc (not Sixers Horford). But like old Horford reliable 14/7 on pretty good efficiency. Only reason okc shut him down cause they didn’t want to win any games and didn’t want him to get injured.

As constructed, the Hawks need a near elite two way big considering Trae's defensive short comings. When you combine him with Collins and Bogi who are avg defenders, it's really no other option. Lopez would be an interesting fit for sure.

Capela is not the Hawks biggest problem obviously. If we are talking about making the leap into contention, yeah they will need a more versatile big. The Hawks can still work the draft if it makes sense.
DaBolden76
Sophomore
And1: 64

Post#1667 » by DaBolden76 » Wed Jun 9, 2021 12:15 pm

CP War Hawks wrote:
kuclas wrote:
CP War Hawks wrote:

As constructed, the Hawks need a near elite two way big considering Trae's defensive short comings. When you combine him with Collins and Bogi who are avg defenders, it's really no other option. Lopez would be an interesting fit for sure.

Capela is not the Hawks biggest problem obviously. If we are talking about making the leap into contention, yeah they will need a more versatile big. The Hawks can still work the draft if it makes sense.

Sounds like Hawks need a Simmons lol
PMONSTER
Head Coach
And1: 1,301

Post#1668 » by PMONSTER » Wed Jun 9, 2021 1:29 pm

If you look at that Knicks series, the Knicks just couldn't score against the Hawks because Randle was terrible. Now they playing a true superstar with people capable of making shots.

I know the Hawks won the first game but that was a discouraging win in my opinion.

It's possible the Hawks don't win another game, but I'll go 76ers in 6
NBA Playoffs.... I can never wait!
Mike87
Junior
And1: 370

Post#1669 » by Mike87 » Wed Jun 9, 2021 1:41 pm

Embiid is incredible, maybe the most impactful player on both ends in the game. Hawks did what they needed to and stole one. Shaping up to be a great series.
Misteclipse
Junior
And1: 375

Post#1670 » by Misteclipse » Wed Jun 9, 2021 2:18 pm

Slick SickSir wrote:
Misteclipse wrote:

You've had a lot of awful takes lately since creating another account. Simmons defense was a difference maker.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

What r u talking about?

The only difference he made was sitting on thr bench allowing his team to then tske it from a tied game to an almost 20 point lead while he sat n watched from the bench rather than sitting and watching from the block
I'm convinced you walked in on Simmons giving your girl backshots so you created another account and haven't had a single post without his name in it yet. The Sixers were still +10 with him on the court and probably don't win this game without the elite defense he played on Young. That stretch you talk about had nothing to do with Simmons and everything to do with Shake doing something he hasn't done in forever. Embiid was on the bench too.

Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,369

Post#1671 » by Eyeamok » Wed Jun 9, 2021 2:24 pm

YamiRain wrote:How did ben only score 4 points?

You are asking the wrong question. With 38 minutes played how did Trae Young only score 21 points.
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
chrismikayla
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,906

Re: EC | Rd. 2| (1) Sixers vs (5) Hawks [1-1] 

Post#1672 » by chrismikayla » Wed Jun 9, 2021 2:43 pm

In a strange way I feel the Nets are a better matchup for the Hawks because they lack a center. Embiid is a horrible matchup for the Hawks. Capela is a good help defender not man.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
[gfycat][/gfycat]
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,444

Post#1673 » by youngcrev » Wed Jun 9, 2021 7:45 pm

Misteclipse wrote:
Slick SickSir wrote:
Misteclipse wrote:You've had a lot of awful takes lately since creating another account. Simmons defense was a difference maker.

What r u talking about?

The only difference he made was sitting on thr bench allowing his team to then tske it from a tied game to an almost 20 point lead while he sat n watched from the bench rather than sitting and watching from the block
I'm convinced you walked in on Simmons giving your girl backshots so you created another account and haven't had a single post without his name in it yet. The Sixers were still +10 with him on the court and probably don't win this game without the elite defense he played on Young. That stretch you talk about had nothing to do with Simmons and everything to do with Shake doing something he hasn't done in forever. Embiid was on the bench too.

I'm convinced people should make use of the foe list and just ignore him.
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,444

Post#1674 » by youngcrev » Wed Jun 9, 2021 7:51 pm

This series is likely over sooner rather than later barring an Embiid set back (which certainly isn't out of the question unfortunately). Sixers have about as good of an answer for Trae as you can get with Simmons and Thybulle tag teaming him all game, while the Hawks don't have anyone that can remotely cover Embiid. On top of that, with Hunter out, they don't have a great answer for Harris either.

They might squeak out another with a hot shooting night, but I wouldn't be surprised if this is done in 5.

Or maybe I'm just overconfident and completely biased
Castle Black
Lead Assistant
And1: 12,958

Post#1675 » by Castle Black » Wed Jun 9, 2021 7:52 pm

Series over. Great season Hawks fans. Y’all have a nice young team and potentially bright future if your Front Office makes the right decisions.

Read on Twitter
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,867

Post#1676 » by jayu70 » Wed Jun 9, 2021 8:10 pm

This sucks for him and the Hawks.
The downgrade to Solo and Snell is no Bueno.
Read on Twitter
?s=20
chrismikayla
Assistant Coach

Post#1677 » by chrismikayla » Wed Jun 9, 2021 9:27 pm

Damn that’s it , can’t beat Philly without their best two way player. Solomon Hill is barely a rotation player

[gfycat][/gfycat]
Buzzard
RealGM
And1: 7,522

Post#1678 » by Buzzard » Wed Jun 9, 2021 10:12 pm

jayu70 wrote:This sucks for him and the Hawks.
Read on Twitter
?s=20

I still like the chances of a upset. McMillan may start Huerter but that weakens the bench a lot.

I am glad they decided to shut Hunter down and have surgery. There is no sense in turning this into a potential Jonathan Isaac sideshow....
BAF Pacers: Unleash Trae!

PG Ice Trae
SG Buddy Hield/Luke Kennard/Brandin Podziemski
SF OG Anunoby/Terrence Ross/Kris Murray
PF Richaun Holmes/JaMychal Green/Chris Livingston
C KAT/Mark Williams
chrismikayla
Assistant Coach

Post#1679 » by chrismikayla » Wed Jun 9, 2021 10:35 pm

Buzzard wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

I still like the chances of a upset. McMillan may start Huerter but that weakens the bench a lot.

I am glad they decided to shut Hunter down and have surgery. There is no sense in turning this into a potential Jonathan Isaac sideshow....

I like the idea of starting Huerter. He’s a scorer and a better defender than many think . I just get nervous when he’s a primary ball handler bringing the ball up the court lol.

[gfycat][/gfycat]
Buzzard
RealGM
And1: 7,522

Post#1680 » by Buzzard » Wed Jun 9, 2021 10:40 pm

chrismikayla wrote:
Buzzard wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

I like the idea of starting Huerter. He’s a scorer and a better defender than many think . I just get nervous when he’s a primary ball handler bringing the ball up the court lol.

Huerter, Bogdan, Trae is the bulk of their shot creators. That pretty much leaves the bench to Lou and Gallinari. If Reddish gets back, he could provide a shot in the arm.
BAF Pacers: Unleash Trae!

PG Ice Trae
SG Buddy Hield/Luke Kennard/Brandin Podziemski
SF OG Anunoby/Terrence Ross/Kris Murray
PF Richaun Holmes/JaMychal Green/Chris Livingston
C KAT/Mark Williams

Return to The General Board