ImageImageImage

Kemba Walker Thread: Celtics seek to Trade Walker

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

JHTruth
RealGM
And1: 2,511

Re: Kemba Walker Thread: Celtics seek to Trade Walker 

Post#101 » by JHTruth » Wed Jun 9, 2021 10:35 pm

cloverleaf wrote:
Darthlukey wrote:
Justin33 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

All well and good, moving Kemba makes sense for both sides, but assuming we dont want to send out an asset (which is fair enough), is he going to renegotiate his deal or take a huge pay cut in a buyout? If not, its gonna be hard to move him.

No, they are going to have to compensate someone for taking him and he's not going to cough up part of his contract against his interest. One possibility would be Horford back from the Thunder, but having it come out that Kemba isn't happy with the organization is not good news. That puts all their prized FA/traded-for vets of this era leaving on sour terms: IT, Kyrie, Horford, Hayward and now Kemba. I wonder if that makes it harder for the rest of Danny's team to stay in the front office. Maybe they manage to ship Brad out for a combined coach and GM role in Indy? Then JT can get his preferred coach in Larranaga while the C's do a legit search, including bringing in AA former players working their way up, for a fresh front office. No, I know, Wyc doesn't want that, but maybe the heat will go up for something like that now. (And I still want them to sell a leadership share of ownership to KG and his group.)

Kemba is leaving because he's tired of the fans getting on him but what did he expect? Constant injuries, poor performance in the playoffs. Did he expect a ticker-tape parade?
Zeroforwinger
Junior
And1: 414

Post#102 » by Zeroforwinger » Wed Jun 9, 2021 10:58 pm

Kemba for Westbrook?
Celts17Pride
RealGM
And1: 62,835

Post#103 » by Celts17Pride » Wed Jun 9, 2021 11:06 pm

Kemba Walker has underachieved his whole time in Boston. Just a fact. Everyone needs a change and a fresh start
cloverleaf
General Manager
And1: 6,377

Post#104 » by cloverleaf » Wed Jun 9, 2021 11:22 pm

Zeroforwinger wrote:Kemba for Westbrook?

Why would the Wizards want to do that?
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,221

Post#105 » by djFan71 » Wed Jun 9, 2021 11:36 pm

Celts17Pride wrote:Kemba Walker has underachieved his whole time in Boston. Just a fact. Everyone needs a change and a fresh start

I mean, not the WHOLE time..... Oct-Dec 2019 was pretty special...
Infinite Llamas
General Manager
And1: 21,313

Post#106 » by Infinite Llamas » Wed Jun 9, 2021 11:44 pm

cloverleaf wrote:

The only reason I see is that they secretly want to trade Beal to start a rebuild but needs Beals consent first. Acquiring Kemba would go a long way in Beal demanding a trade.
Gerald Green Loves LLamas!
Infinite Llamas
General Manager
And1: 21,313

Post#107 » by Infinite Llamas » Wed Jun 9, 2021 11:45 pm

This whole thing is sad cause the one guy who really wanted to be here and absorbed all that Celtic pride was misinformed by doctors and traded away unceremoniously.

You could say that our team management went into a free fall after drafting Tatum.
Gerald Green Loves LLamas!
RoyceDa59
RealGM
And1: 8,785

Post#108 » by RoyceDa59 » Wed Jun 9, 2021 11:52 pm

I don’t think Kemba will be a highly desired asset for one main, obviously and unfixable reason - he’s too small.

Small scoring PG’s that play limited defence on big contracts are net neutral in today’s NBA. He’s also been a sort of dud asset in the playoffs when teams clamped down.

What the Celtics need is a 3rd star, so hopefully they’re able to package him up with more assets and really lock in a big 3 core.

At his age and contract it’s hard to picture which team would go after him.

Curious who ya’ll think would be a good suited for Walker.
Go Raps!!
Zeroforwinger
Junior
And1: 414

Post#109 » by Zeroforwinger » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:12 am

cloverleaf wrote:

Yeah I thought there was more of a difference in their salaries. I guess I’m going to have to accept a Horford, Wiggins type.
BostonCouchGM
Head Coach
And1: 4,857

Post#110 » by BostonCouchGM » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:42 am

nobody is going to want him. Even someone like Love which I'd do backflips over, likely isn't going to happen because CLE is set with Sexton and Garland. We're really screwed. Not only is it a horrible contract but now he's a damaged goods malcontent. We might have to do a pick swap or give a future 1st. What a disaster. Thank God Danny is gone so he can't do any more damage to this franchise.
JHTruth
RealGM
And1: 2,511

Post#111 » by JHTruth » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:01 am

BostonCouchGM wrote:nobody is going to want him. Even someone like Love which I'd do backflips over, likely isn't going to happen because CLE is set with Sexton and Garland. We're really screwed. Not only is it a horrible contract but now he's a damaged goods malcontent. We might have to do a pick swap or give a future 1st. What a disaster. Thank God Danny is gone so he can't do any more damage to this franchise.

Revisionist history. 99% of fans were thrilled with the signing. The fact that it wasn't ideal is not Danny's fault
gocelts
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,898

Post#112 » by gocelts » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:27 am

I don’t actually think Kemba is “poo pooing” Boston like Kyrie. I think he legit wants to move on as he’s just not a fit here with Tatum, Brown and Smart. He knows he getting shopped and he’s being a good sport about it.

Hayward and Horford just took the absurd amount of money that was thrown and Danny had the foresight to not pay them.
~gocelts
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#113 » by djFan71 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:32 am

JHTruth wrote:
BostonCouchGM wrote:nobody is going to want him. Even someone like Love which I'd do backflips over, likely isn't going to happen because CLE is set with Sexton and Garland. We're really screwed. Not only is it a horrible contract but now he's a damaged goods malcontent. We might have to do a pick swap or give a future 1st. What a disaster. Thank God Danny is gone so he can't do any more damage to this franchise.

Revisionist history. 99% of fans were thrilled with the signing. The fact that it wasn't ideal is not Danny's fault

Nah, it was like 85% tops. There was a contingent (at least here) against it for the exact reasons of what has happened the last 2 years.
Gomes3PC
General Manager
And1: 3,752

Post#114 » by Gomes3PC » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:39 am

Can't figure out the exact machinations, but feel like Indy may be an interesting trade partner. Warren wants out, Brogdon/LeVert didn't mesh. Maybe something like LeVert/Lamb/Warren for Kemba/Nesmith/1st? Doubt Pacers fans would love it but think it actually clears things up a bit for both teams.
Gomes3PC
General Manager
And1: 3,752

Post#115 » by Gomes3PC » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:43 am

This is nonsense. Despite all the alarmism, Kemba was actually a good player and a net positive when on the court. He's clearly not worth his contract and his knee is a concern but he is not unplayable or some nonsense that would make him untradeable. We will have to attach a pick but the last thing this team needs anyways is another 3-year development project. We need to start to fill actual contributors around the Jays, now.
Triple7
RealGM
And1: 8,393

Post#116 » by Triple7 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:43 am

Stevens says Hi. :lol:
31to6
RealGM
And1: 27,954

Post#117 » by 31to6 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:52 am

djFan71 wrote:
JHTruth wrote:

Nah, it was like 85% tops. There was a contingent (at least here) against it for the exact reasons of what has happened the last 2 years.

As one of the very few dissenters I think that percentage was in the 90s. We should dredge up that thread some time while we wait for Kemba to age and retire.
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 21,785

Post#118 » by Curmudgeon » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:09 am

I was neutral. Didn't like the basketball part (too short, too old) but loved the potential to bring the team together after the Kyrie disaster. Now, ironically, we hear reports that Kemba wants out a la Ray Allen.

He could still be a useful player as an offensive sparkplug off the bench. If he doesn't like that role, let his agent find a new home for him. Good luck with that.
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West
"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells
"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#119 » by djFan71 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:17 am

31to6 wrote:
djFan71 wrote:
JHTruth wrote:

As one of the very few dissenters I think that percentage was in the 90s. We should dredge up that thread some time while we wait for Kemba to age and retire.

I may have counted myself twice since I was both anti-Kemba and anti-Vuc.
Celtics_History_Lesson
Assistant Coach
And1: 6,267

Post#120 » by Celtics_History_Lesson » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:42 am

Am agreeing with everything this genius said back on Thu Jun 27, 2019:

Celtics_History_Lesson wrote:Kemba Walker is the biggest pile of trash as a "max" player there could be, except for Enis Kanter at big money. Certainly shows why the "super-max" is a terrible idea, and how Charlotte is wrecked if they pay that, and their "superstar" is "insulted" and leaves if not paid it.

K Walker may kill the Celtics, 30 points a game on big %s, but that is just an indictment on how the Celtics can be confused and lazy in recent seasons.

Walker is short and weak, selfish, and does not win. If the Celtics replace half their team with overpaid K Walker they will be a less-entertaining version of the Hornets.

Someone is trying to turn the Celtics into ESPN-approved basketball, with a few highlight plays but nobody mentions all the missed shots and stupid plays, and all the losing.

Rozier isn't worth league minimum, and K Walker is just a slight upgrade from Rozier. Most teams build their offense around their highest-paid and their highest draft pick. Those players, who should be the starters at shooting guard and small forward because they are too small for power forward and the team has no chance of winning if they play power forward, won't see the ball once again if little, selfish point guard is around.

Rozier from 3 35% for his career, K Walker 36%. Per minute, Rozier more rebounds, Walker has more shot attempts and points and a little bit more passing.

Just last season, Walker 43% from the field, Smart 42%, Rozier 39%, Wanamaker 48%.

Assist rate per 36, Walker 6, Smart 5, Rozier 5, Wanamaker 6.

Shot attempt rate, Walker 21, Smart 9, Wanamaker 11, Rozier 13.

Just a little chucker on a bad team.

True Shooting %, Walker 56%, Smart 57%, Wanamaker 60%, Rozier 50%.

I Thomas at league minimum, or K Walker at $100million over 3 or 4 seasons?

Ainge must bring in players with skills. Chucking is not a skill. K Walker, Kanter, selfish chuckers who have never played defense.

Everyone here is correct, if the only "skill" that more than half the roster has is "iso" chucking of low-percentage shots, the team is a disaster. At least in the first half of the season, a lot of those bad Marcus Morris selfish iso shots went in, which was a surprise. He then reverted to what he has always been, selfish chucker who missed and fell over.

The Hornets were terrible. If the Celtics become the Hornets, the Kemba Chucking Show, that will be the most unwatchable Celtics team ever.

Return to Boston Celtics