ImageImageImageImageImage

Build a Franchise Season 4- Playoff Edition- Announcement on page 48

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

wackbone
RealGM
And1: 3,391

Re: Build a Franchise Season 4- Playoff Edition- Announcement on page 48-- Coach of the Year announced Thursday 

Post#1101 » by wackbone » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:03 am

3toheadmelo wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:Well damn, looking like next season is the last

The best bet is hoping to maybe go outside the Knicks board to get some active members. We may have exhausted the most active members on the knicks forum. I can see if any mods/active members might have interest and will direct towards bish.

I think I got NoDopeOnSunday for next season

I don't really have the time to do some recruiting, but the Trades & Transactions (and Games) pages could be a good place to start... That's where I come from and am most of the time. I rarely post anywhere else lol

I'm just hella busy this month.

I've also always wanted the opportunity to start from scratch seeing as I joined at the end of Year 1.

But I also have torn down to nothing and my entire path is through the 2022 and 2023 draft. If we reset, that's beneficial for my short term competitiveness, but sucks to not see how my rooks do ala the Spurs here, for example... Ultimately I look forward to being apart of whatever we do.

BAF Celtics
PG: Russell Westbrook|x
SG: Desmond Bane|Mathurin
SF: Mikal Bridges|Mathurin
PF: John Collins|x
C: Chet Holmgren|x

Other: Roddy, Saric
bringbackhoffa
RealGM
And1: 5,041

Re: Build a Franchise Season 4- Playoff Edition- Announcement on page 48-- Coach of the Year announced Thursday 

Post#1102 » by bringbackhoffa » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:05 am

mpharris36 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:Well damn, looking like next season is the last

The best bet is hoping to maybe go outside the Knicks board to get some active members. We may have exhausted the most active members on the knicks forum. I can see if any mods/active members might have interest and will direct towards bish.

would mods from other forums be interested..ie the Raptors and Bulls forums both look like they have quite a few mods, those mods could potentially steer us in the right direction of recommending certain posters on those boards whom they think could be interested based on activity levels on the forum?

Edit: maybe even a mod from an inactive team forum has/wants to be involved in something like this or even someone from the fantasy basketball forum?

Looks like this poster in the fastasy basketball thread is running something similar, could we possibly get him and his participants to join this as well? viewtopic.php?f=39&t=2086841
Charlotte Hornets 2024-25

Morant/Alvarado
Edwards/Huerter/Robinson
Durant/Bogdanovic/Royce
Draymond/Highsmith
Gafford/Collins

On the block: Huerter 36/2 years, Rubio- $6/3 years, Mills- $3/3 years, Duncan Robinson- $16/1 year, Okeke- $1/3 years
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,548

Post#1103 » by mpharris36 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:06 am

wackbone wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

I don't really have the time to do some recruiting, but the Trades & Transactions (and Games) pages could be a good place to start... That's where I come from and am most of the time. I rarely post anywhere else lol

I've also always wanted the opportunity to start from scratch seeing as I joined at the end of Year 1.

But I also have torn down to nothing and my entire path is through the 2022 and 2023 draft. If we reset, that's beneficial for my short term competitiveness, but sucks to not see how my rooks do ala the Spurs here, for example... Ultimately I look forward to being apart of whatever we do.

we will be fine. I have faith in this group. And that is probably where I was going to go to find a few new recruits that post a lot that would be interested. We have a great thing going and we have gotten through 4 years already.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
Context
RealGM
And1: 12,220

Re: Build a Franchise Season 4- Playoff Edition- Announcement on page 48-- All rookie team announced Wednesday 

Post#1104 » by Context » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:23 am

Phish Tank wrote:
Context wrote:
bringbackhoffa wrote:
the last gofundme we did, the money i donated got refunded back to me, not sure why, was it because the money was not forwarded to Bish?

I have no idea...I didnt set it up...I was just posting it now to remind everyone that its something we should do for Bish; no matter what he says...

is Mecca still handling this? I figure he won't after he retired from BAF (and I guess RealGM as a whole). We're probably better off coordinating on our own.

i have no issue with this...I can set it up or someone else can...I just want to make sure we get it done :D
LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
Context
RealGM
And1: 12,220

Post#1105 » by Context » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:26 am

bishnykfan wrote:Couple things I wanted to comment on while I have a bit of time.

First off, I got some more bad BaF news today. Smash has let me know that he is leaning towards bowing out for season five. Assuming he is out that will leave yet another giant hole in the game. Smash has always been one of the most active GM's both with his team and in the discussion thread. He did leave the door open to maybe returning, but as of now, he told me to start looking for a replacement in Portland. Considering we already have definite openings in Brooklyn, Indiana and Milwaukee and I still have not heard from Chicago or Miami, we have a lot of turnover in the league. This is never a good thing, especially considering the fact that we are losing original, long time GM's.

Second, as far as moving forward, I am not saying that I want the game to end. I do enjoy it still but when it becomes clear that we can't keep the game going with the same enthusiasm, it definitely makes me question if its worth all of the time I put into it. If we have a bounce back year and get 5-6 new enthusiastic GM's involved, then there is no reason we can't keep the game going into season six. The potential difficulty of FA plays no part in whether or not the game will continue. I will take a look at potential upgrades to the process when I get some time but I think we can work around that potential pitfall if we have a healthy league at that point.

Finally as far as the gofundme...I did try and withdraw the funds during the season but it said I needed Mecca, the person who started the gofundme, to do something and he had already left the site. I couldn't withdraw the money without him. Honestly, I never feel comfortable about it and just let it go thinking Mecca would be back eventually. Then as the season went on, I just didn't think about it. I sincerely appreciate anyone and everyone who donated no matter the amount. It is appreciated and welcomed even if I wouldn't ask for it.

no worries bish...i will set it up and I will turn it over to you so you can withdraw it...you deserve it and more...
LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,977

Post#1106 » by Capn'O » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:17 am

Bleak news indeed.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,340

Post#1107 » by Phish Tank » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:19 am

bishnykfan wrote:
Finally as far as the gofundme...I did try and withdraw the funds during the season but it said I needed Mecca, the person who started the gofundme, to do something and he had already left the site. I couldn't withdraw the money without him. Honestly, I never feel comfortable about it and just let it go thinking Mecca would be back eventually. Then as the season went on, I just didn't think about it. I sincerely appreciate anyone and everyone who donated no matter the amount. It is appreciated and welcomed even if I wouldn't ask for it.

Those funds should still be there..... we gotta get in touch with Mecca. Don't think he'd talk to me, but I'm sure he's in touch with some others.
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#1108 » by br7knicks » Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:40 am

mpharris36 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

yeah he would be a great addition and we have br7

we may need to fill 6 spots though unless smash comes through and realizes he will miss this too much (which he will :lol: )

Not sure what happened to swiss.

yeah, it'll take me a second to get back into how this is done, since i only started the inaugural year.

but smash and swiss have been BAT/BAF staples since i've been around with BAT 3.0
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
And1: 24,599

Post#1109 » by El Poochio » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:20 pm

Lmaooooo Mecca scammed you guys

B: L. Doncic | J. Carter | D. Banton
B: D. Melton | A. Burks
B: B. Ingram | K. Oubre | J. Tate
B: Z. Williamson | DJJ | K. Lofton Jr
B: KP | D. Powell
El Poochio

Post#1110 » by El Poochio » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:21 pm

Would you guys be ok if I joined with my 5 alt accounts

El Poochio

Post#1111 » by El Poochio » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:49 pm

Guys I just recruited Montmorencie for Brooklyn

In other news I have also agreed a trade for Dame

Richard4444
General Manager
And1: 5,986

Post#1112 » by Richard4444 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:34 pm

How do I play? Is there a site or something?
BAF Brooklyn - Pre-Season NBA 2K Simulation 2023 Champions.

Brunson/Nembhard/Micic
Butler/IQ/Ben Sheppard
Strus/Watford/Nesmith
Boucher/Morris/Baldwin Jr
Embiid/Landale/Yurtseven
RealGM
And1: 39,206

Post#1113 » by 2010 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:37 pm

Damn, we losing some Mt. Rushmore type dudes.

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
Depalma2002
Pro Prospect
And1: 944

Post#1114 » by Depalma2002 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:39 pm

wackbone wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

I'm pretty much right in the middle in terms of a young roster, picks, and competitive talent and have been making moves with the free agent reset in mind so either continuing on or restarting with scratch doesn't really affect me greatly.

That said, I don't think it's fair for those teams that compiled youngsters and or future picks and suffered in the short term for hope of the future. Not sure it's fair if that future never arrives. I will go along with the consensus of course, but if it comes to a vote, I'm going to wait until those teams weigh in. If they are in favor, I'll be in favor. If they are opposed, I'll be opposed.

I think one new rule we will need to implement either way is doing away with future considerations trades. A few of the teams that have left have outstanding future considerations deals which may go unhonored or will saddle the new gms further.
BAF ORLANDO MAGIC
C: AD / Vucevic / Leonard
PF: WCJ / Stewart/ Looney
SF: Grant /Williams Jr/ THT
SG: Rozier / Poole / Maledon
PG: Lillard / KPJ/Wesley
bringbackhoffa
RealGM

Post#1115 » by bringbackhoffa » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:53 pm

Richard4444 wrote:How do I play? Is there a site or something?

Reach out the commissioner by DM (Bishnykfan), there is no site, everything is run on this forum.

Morant/Alvarado
Edwards/Huerter/Robinson
Durant/Bogdanovic/Royce
Draymond/Highsmith
Gafford/Collins

On the block: Huerter 36/2 years, Rubio- $6/3 years, Mills- $3/3 years, Duncan Robinson- $16/1 year, Okeke- $1/3 years
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,965

Post#1116 » by Manhattan Project » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:20 pm

I'd hate to see this end, especially after it's been four real years man. It also isn't fair to talk about doing a reset to see if that would inject more activity into the league. It's almost a lose-lose situation for Bish, it's just on us to be more active. My life has settled down after last fall to the point in which I'm ready to go back to being really active, just my team won't be able to back up any of the smack talk :lol:
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
bringbackhoffa
RealGM

Post#1117 » by bringbackhoffa » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:30 pm

Manhattan Project wrote:I'd hate to see this end, especially after it's been four real years man. It also isn't fair to talk about doing a reset to see if that would inject more activity into the league. It's almost a lose-lose situation for Bish, it's just on us to be more active. My life has settled down after last fall to the point in which I'm ready to go back to being really active, just my team won't be able to back up any of the smack talk :lol:

is that bum Reddish available?

Morant/Alvarado
Edwards/Huerter/Robinson
Durant/Bogdanovic/Royce
Draymond/Highsmith
Gafford/Collins

mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1118 » by mpharris36 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:03 pm

Manhattan Project wrote:I'd hate to see this end, especially after it's been four real years man. It also isn't fair to talk about doing a reset to see if that would inject more activity into the league. It's almost a lose-lose situation for Bish, it's just on us to be more active. My life has settled down after last fall to the point in which I'm ready to go back to being really active, just my team won't be able to back up any of the smack talk :lol:

I agree 100% here. Its just on us to be more active. We have a good group.

Sometimes life gets in the way so a few people had to bow out, but we still have a really strong group. We just need to inject 5-6 new guys into the mix who will be active and we should be able to push beyond year 5. Sounds like we already have 2 in br7 and nodope who will be great additions.

I don't see restarting as a viable solution. Too many man hours have been put into this league and teams to just restart in hopes its going to drum up new interest. I think the teams that have built up there future should get a chance to see it come to fruition.

We should really push towards steaming past year 5 as a hurdle. I think the big FA year is looming but I think the shared document where people know what it will take to beat the best offer will really take a lot of pressure off bish answering emails about what it will cost to beat a bid.

Outside of that its just on us. I think the knicks being good again took our attention away a little especially during the BAF playoffs. But now that its the offseason I see this taking off again because the draft/FA/trades always peak interest in BAF. Just gotta get back to those rivalries and discussing trades/picks ect....hopefully the new guys inject some new life as well!

ROSTER

DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,252

Post#1119 » by DOT » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:35 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
Manhattan Project wrote:I'd hate to see this end, especially after it's been four real years man. It also isn't fair to talk about doing a reset to see if that would inject more activity into the league. It's almost a lose-lose situation for Bish, it's just on us to be more active. My life has settled down after last fall to the point in which I'm ready to go back to being really active, just my team won't be able to back up any of the smack talk

Sometimes life gets in the way so a few people had to bow out, but we still have a really strong group. We just need to inject 5-6 new guys into the mix who will be active and we should be able to push beyond year 5. Sounds like we already have 2 in br7 and nodope who will be great additions.

I don't see restarting as a viable solution. Too many man hours have been put into this league and teams to just restart in hopes its going to drum up new interest. I think the teams that have built up there future should get a chance to see it come to fruition.

We should really push towards steaming past year 5 as a hurdle. I think the big FA year is looming but I think the shared document where people know what it will take to beat the best offer will really take a lot of pressure off bish answering emails about what it will cost to beat a bid.

Outside of that its just on us. I think the knicks being good again took our attention away a little especially during the BAF playoffs. But now that its the offseason I see this taking off again because the draft/FA/trades always peak interest in BAF. Just gotta get back to those rivalries and discussing trades/picks ect....hopefully the new guys inject some new life as well!
I assume I'll be more active when my team gets good lol

Think we really should start going to other boards and inviting guys who are really active.

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1120 » by mpharris36 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:37 pm

K-DOT wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
Manhattan Project wrote:I'd hate to see this end, especially after it's been four real years man. It also isn't fair to talk about doing a reset to see if that would inject more activity into the league. It's almost a lose-lose situation for Bish, it's just on us to be more active. My life has settled down after last fall to the point in which I'm ready to go back to being really active, just my team won't be able to back up any of the smack talk

I assume I'll be more active when my team gets good lol

Think we really should start going to other boards and inviting guys who are really active.

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app

I agree. I made a post on the trades and transactions board. I don't know if we can make a post so other mods can see...but getting a few mods from other teams would be good bet too in terms of activity.

Already have gotten a couple of PM's that I will funnel to bish. But we obviously need to be picky with bringing in guys we dont know about. So having very active guys on other boards makes the most sense.

ROSTER

Return to New York Knicks