ImageImageImage

Kemba Walker Thread: Celtics seek to Trade Walker

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,875

Re: Kemba Walker Thread: Celtics seek to Trade Walker 

Post#121 » by Bleeding Green » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:16 am

Zeroforwinger wrote:Kemba for Westbrook?

Please no. Westbrook is a pure ceiling destroyer. I guess he ensures you make the playoffs, but he also ensures that you lose in the first round.

I'm down for Kemba being traded, but not at a massive loss like most of the trade suggestions go. I'd rather just keep him and let him play than trade him for trash. His value can't really get much lower and eventually he will be a potentially valuable expiring contract.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,496

Post#122 » by zimpy27 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:30 am

Which is more enticing for the Celtics?

Kemba for Schroeder(SnT)+Kuzma

OR

Kemba for Powell, J-Rich, Burke, WCS
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
grantlongforpresident
Assistant Coach
And1: 124

Post#123 » by grantlongforpresident » Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:20 am

Kemba isn’t a good fit basketball wise with Tatum and Brown. Bad team building by Ainge.
Ed Pinkney
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,067

Post#124 » by Ed Pinkney » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:43 am

How accurate do we think this Bleacher Report story is that both sides are “motivated” to separate?
Bohemian
Analyst
And1: 3,308

Post#125 » by Bohemian » Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:03 am

Ed Pinkney wrote:How accurate do we think this Bleacher Report story is that both sides are “motivated” to separate?

I'm surprised to see it being treated as a rumor. It looks more speculative to me.
ParticleMan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,689

Post#126 » by ParticleMan » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:48 pm

grantlongforpresident wrote:Kemba isn’t a good fit basketball wise with Tatum and Brown. Bad team building by Ainge.

it was a great fit until kemba was injured. tatum's shooting and brown's opened up a lot of lanes for him. but since his knee, he can't beat anyone to the rim, and he just started clogging the perimeter. he became a 3-and-no-D guy who dominates the ball, which made him a terrible fit.
BK_2020
RealGM
And1: 13,605

Post#127 » by BK_2020 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:51 pm

ParticleMan wrote:
grantlongforpresident wrote:Kemba isn’t a good fit basketball wise with Tatum and Brown. Bad team building by Ainge.

it was a great fit until kemba was injured. tatum's shooting and brown's opened up a lot of lanes for him. but since his knee, he can't beat anyone to the rim, and he just started clogging the perimeter. he became a 3-and-no-D guy who dominates the ball, which made him a terrible fit.

He actually gets to the rim at will still. He just can't finish as well as he used to, and his pull-ups are not as accurate.
Edug27
RealGM
And1: 8,204

Post#128 » by Edug27 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:14 pm

ParticleMan wrote:

Agree. He was a solid fit on paper coming from the Hornets. But just didnt work out.
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,836

Post#129 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:16 pm

zimpy27 wrote:Which is more enticing for the Celtics?

OR

I’d do this trade with Dallas if they offered it.
GoCeltics123
RealGM
And1: 32,641

Post#130 » by GoCeltics123 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:20 pm

Read on Twitter

Yeah I'm pretty sure Farbod was right on this, I'd be shocked if the Kemba thing isn't true
greenroom31
General Manager
And1: 11,410

Post#131 » by greenroom31 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:51 pm

CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:Which is more enticing for the Celtics?

OR

I’d do this trade with Dallas if they offered it.

Ditto. Not really interested in Schroder and Kuzma.
Theocy
Sixth Man
And1: 1,425

Post#132 » by Theocy » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:01 pm

i dont think anyone is willing to offer anything now for kemba.

IF the medical team thing he's done we probably trade him now at a huge loss to avoid having to trade him later for a 2x huge loss later (or just stick with his contract).

IF the medical team thing he'll bounce back with 1 long summer he will be with us until trade deadline to prove a point.

I still believe in Kemba; the guy has been crazy unlucky it's not the lack of effort.
bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 55,417

Post#133 » by bisme37 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:01 pm

Bohemian wrote:
Ed Pinkney wrote:How accurate do we think this Bleacher Report story is that both sides are “motivated” to separate?

I'm surprised to see it being treated as a rumor. It looks more speculative to me.

'
Kemba's cousin says it's hogwash.

https://sports.yahoo.com/while-feelings-may-hurt-trade-001412818.html
JHTruth
RealGM
And1: 2,511

Post#134 » by JHTruth » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:06 pm

31to6 wrote:
djFan71 wrote:
JHTruth wrote:
Revisionist history. 99% of fans were thrilled with the signing. The fact that it wasn't ideal is not Danny's fault

Nah, it was like 85% tops. There was a contingent (at least here) against it for the exact reasons of what has happened the last 2 years.

As one of the very few dissenters I think that percentage was in the 90s. We should dredge up that thread some time while we wait for Kemba to age and retire.

At the time everyone was sick of Terry and Kyrie, Kyrie had just shafted us along with Al, and the fanbase was overwhelmingly positive about recovering with Kemba. It's simply dishonest for the overwhelming majority of fans to now say they opposed the signing. Just ridiculous
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,170

Post#135 » by djFan71 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:20 pm

JHTruth wrote:
31to6 wrote:
djFan71 wrote:Nah, it was like 85% tops. There was a contingent (at least here) against it for the exact reasons of what has happened the last 2 years.

As one of the very few dissenters I think that percentage was in the 90s. We should dredge up that thread some time while we wait for Kemba to age and retire.

At the time everyone was sick of Terry and Kyrie, Kyrie had just shafted us along with Al, and the fanbase was overwhelmingly positive about recovering with Kemba. It's simply dishonest for the overwhelming majority of fans to now say they opposed the signing. Just ridiculous

Definitely. 85-90% is till pretty high... just giving you **** on the 99% thing. 31to6 and I got receipts but are too lazy to look for them. Well, at least I am. He was team Vuc, I was team give the keys to Smart, keep Baynes, draft NAW/Clarke/Claxton. I believe Slart wanted Rubio. There were probably a few others.
The Corey's
RealGM
And1: 6,540

Post#136 » by The Corey's » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:22 pm

The only thing that matters is that the Celtics wanna get rid of him. How Kemba feels is worthless.
JHTruth
RealGM
And1: 2,511

Post#137 » by JHTruth » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:23 pm

djFan71 wrote:
JHTruth wrote:
31to6 wrote:

Definitely. 85-90% is till pretty high... just giving you **** on the 99% thing. 31to6 and I got receipts but are too lazy to look for them. Well, at least I am. He was team Vuc, I was team give the keys to Smart, keep Baynes, draft NAW/Clarke/Claxton. I believe Slart wanted Rubio. There were probably a few others.

Vuc is the most overrated "star" in the NBA. Doesn't impact winning at all
ParticleMan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,689

Post#138 » by ParticleMan » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:25 pm

kemba's crew and the C's might deny it but that's just because they know it would lower his trade value and make him harder to trade. it's an obvious move for the C's to try to unload kemba.
BK_2020
RealGM
And1: 13,605

Post#139 » by BK_2020 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:47 pm

Theocy wrote:i dont think anyone is willing to offer anything now for kemba.

IF the medical team thing he's done we probably trade him now at a huge loss to avoid having to trade him later for a 2x huge loss later (or just stick with his contract).

IF the medical team thing he'll bounce back with 1 long summer he will be with us until trade deadline to prove a point.

I still believe in Kemba; the guy has been crazy unlucky it's not the lack of effort.

But if he's good next season by the trade deadline, he may not have much value because he will surely not pick up his option. This is the exact same conundrum the Cs were in with Hayward.
RickyDizzle
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,101

Post#140 » by RickyDizzle » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:56 pm

I think its very unlikely Kemba is moved this summer. If he sat back to backs all year but played every playoff game other teams would have a different lasting impression of him. Unfortuneatly missing half of our playoff series further solidified what a gamble it is to take on his contract given the health concerns.

Porzingas might be gettable since he has an extra year, but for anyone that expires the same time or earlier I think we are giving up big assets to rid ourselves of him this summer which I am loathe to do. The extensions for the Jays kicking in means that our best way to add impact talent going forward is through the draft. Cant give up firsts to get rid of Kemba...

Given that hes generally a good guy, not a negative impact on the team, the route I would go is focus on his recovery all offseason, get some of those good puff pieces out there about how good his knee is feeling, how the turnaround from the bubble to the next season was too short to get his knee right, but now hes there, manage him conservatively until the deadline and then trade him after he rehabs his value a bit and has 1.4 seasons on his deal instead of 2.

The risk of course is his value goes down further or he gets hurt again, but Id rather eat his contract for two years then trade a bunch of firsts to offload him.

Dizzy

Return to Boston Celtics