How BOS moves Kemba to DAL

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

sportfan6197
Senior
And1: 321

Re: How BOS moves Kemba to DAL 

Post#21 » by sportfan6197 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:06 pm

Apz wrote:
MasterIchiro wrote:I predict Kemba ultimately ends up in Dallas and KP in Boston but the swap requires much smaller assets than Brown to balance a deal. If I'm Boston I keep Brown and build around Brown and Tatum. Open for business on everyone else including picks, young bench pieces and Marcus Smart.

Kemba could be excellent next to Luka for the next 2 years. Luka is the only Maverick who can create shots. Kemba would thrive there. When he defers to Tatum and Brown they go iso and never return value because Kemba never gets the ball back.

U really need to start watching other teams. Kemba would suck next to luka, both offensively and defensively. Bribe okc with bad picks if u want, they might bite. Kemba would have the ball in his hands there. Or charlotte, kemba and ball would make an excellent backcourt together. Atleast better fit then mavs

this seems like every team's response when an opposing fan's teams says something they disagree with.

the mavs just had the most watched series of round 1. i think a lot of people on here "watched" the mavs break becuase luka had to carry too much
MasterIchiro
RealGM
And1: 5,302

Post#22 » by MasterIchiro » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:17 pm

sportfan6197 wrote:
Apz wrote:
MasterIchiro wrote:I predict Kemba ultimately ends up in Dallas and KP in Boston but the swap requires much smaller assets than Brown to balance a deal. If I'm Boston I keep Brown and build around Brown and Tatum. Open for business on everyone else including picks, young bench pieces and Marcus Smart.

Kemba could be excellent next to Luka for the next 2 years. Luka is the only Maverick who can create shots. Kemba would thrive there. When he defers to Tatum and Brown they go iso and never return value because Kemba never gets the ball back.

U really need to start watching other teams. Kemba would suck next to luka, both offensively and defensively. Bribe okc with bad picks if u want, they might bite. Kemba would have the ball in his hands there. Or charlotte, kemba and ball would make an excellent backcourt together. Atleast better fit then mavs

this seems like every team's response when an opposing fan's teams says something they disagree with.

the mavs just had the most watched series of round 1. i think a lot of people on here "watched" the mavs break becuase luka had to carry too much

Bingo. Trimming the KP fat off the roster would go a long ways towards Luka's weight loss target. In all seriousness, I love Luka's game at any BMI but it's clear Dallas is maxed if they trot out the same crew next season. I appreciate Mavs fans disgust with the value surrendered for KP vs. his current negative value, but the Mavs need someone who can run offense. And it has to be a negative value contract. KP is unhappy with his role. Kemba and Boston are ready to part ways. Kemba wants to play in a winning situation. KP doesn't want to sit and stare at Luka try to manufacture points.
It has been written...
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,252

Post#23 » by JRoy » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:20 pm

Bnice5 wrote:Kemba and Smart for KP, Powell and Burke.

Too rich for BOS.

The difference between Kemba and KP is not 2 scrubs for Smart.
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,486

Post#24 » by Dr Positivity » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:21 pm

Porzingis has more value than Kemba but adding Brown? Not even close.

It'd be more like Boston takes Powell for Thompson, adds a player like Grant Williams.
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,252

Post#25 » by JRoy » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:25 pm

Dr Positivity wrote:Porzingis has more value than Kemba but adding Brown? Not even close.

It'd be more like Boston takes Powell for Thompson, adds a player like Grant Williams.

This sounds closer. Maybe BOS adds SRP.
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
BleedGreen1989
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,776

Post#26 » by BleedGreen1989 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:43 pm

MasterIchiro wrote:
hugepatsfan wrote:I have no interest in a swap. Paying either of them $30M is a death sentence in building a team. KP makes that much a season longer. It’s very simple.

If Dallas can find an idiotic team that is willing to take KP at that much and they prefer Kembas bad contract to whatever bad contract slop the team taking KP sends back then maybe I’d be open to a 3 teamer. But the thought of taking on KP’s third year has me literally shaking angry right now

Tell us how you really feel? An additional element often omitted in the imminent Kemba - KP swap is clubhouse health. Kemba is beloved by teammates and coaches. He has a positive influence on morale. KP has some, uhh, question marks to put it lightly. I'm not convinced Boston would have to add. It might be Dallas.

HUGE element overlooked and in addition to the extra year on KP's deal, has me in the "no thanks" camp.

This locker room has been...rocky(?) for the couple of years prior and Kemba has been a bright spot in cleaning out some of the stinky Kyrie vibe that was lingering. He's literally the happiest, nicest dude in the world.

Bringing in even a potential malcontent is far too risky IMO.
JD45
General Manager
And1: 261

Post#27 » by JD45 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:21 pm

I knew all right thinking people would erupt in righteous indignation at the trade based on all the previous comments on the trade value of the players involved. So let me show my flawed thinking on relative player value so I can be corrected.

First I compared teams and see the Mavs won 6 more games in the regular season and swept the Celtics head to head. So somehow I came to the conclusion the Mavs were the better team. Then I ranked the top 6 players on each team (without regard to salary)
Mavs: Luka, KP, THJ, Brunson, Maxi, DFS
Celtics: Tatum, Brown, Smart, Walker, Fournier, Thompson

Then I combined the ranking
1: Luka
2: Tatum
3: Brown
4: KP
5: Smart
6: THJ
7: Walker
8: Brunson
9: Maxi
10: DFS
11: Fournier
12: Thompson

That ranking still makes it plausible the Mavs were the better team. And swapping #3 and #7 for #4, #8, #9 and #10 didn't seem so outlandish.
"Government is the great fiction through which everyone endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else"

Frederic Bastiat
Bnice5
Sophomore
And1: 81

Post#28 » by Bnice5 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:30 pm

JD45 wrote:I knew all right thinking people would erupt in righteous indignation at the trade based on all the previous comments on the trade value of the players involved. So let me show my flawed thinking on relative player value so I can be corrected.

First I compared teams and see the Mavs won 6 more games in the regular season and swept the Celtics head to head. So somehow I came to the conclusion the Mavs were the better team. Then I ranked the top 6 players on each team (without regard to salary)

That ranking still makes it plausible the Mavs were the better team. And swapping #3 and #7 for #4, #8, #9 and #10 didn't seem so outlandish.

Fair thought process, but you did not give any consideration for relative rankings...

Tier 1:
Luka
Tatum
Brown

Big Gap

Tier 2:
KP
Smart
THJ
Walker

Gap

Tier 3:
the rest

Tier 1 of the above is untouchable unless traded for another tier 1 player.
JD45
General Manager
And1: 261

Post#29 » by JD45 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:08 pm

Bnice5 wrote:
Fair thought process, but you did not give any consideration for relative rankings...

Tier 1:
Luka
Tatum
Brown

Big Gap

Tier 2:
KP
Smart
THJ
Walker

Gap

Tier 3:
the rest

Tier 1 of the above is untouchable unless traded for another tier 1 player.

So if those tiers are correct, how would it explain the Mavs being the better team? Thats the point I am getting at. I could understand if you said Luka was just so much better than Tatum and Brown he made the Mavs win even if the Mavs second best player was trash. But you have Tatum and Brown both at the same tier as Luka.
"Government is the great fiction through which everyone endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else"

Frederic Bastiat
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#30 » by Prokorov » Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:40 pm

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:Remove Brown, Richardson, Kleber, DFS, and Brunson and add a lotto protected pick from Boston. Brown is obviously a nonstarter in a move like this and you know that.

I'm not sure your dumping kemba with a non-lotto pick and no brown. unless they want to take back something like john wall
Apz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,929

Post#31 » by Apz » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:00 am

BleedGreen1989 wrote:
MasterIchiro wrote:
hugepatsfan wrote:I have no interest in a swap. Paying either of them $30M is a death sentence in building a team. KP makes that much a season longer. It’s very simple.

If Dallas can find an idiotic team that is willing to take KP at that much and they prefer Kembas bad contract to whatever bad contract slop the team taking KP sends back then maybe I’d be open to a 3 teamer. But the thought of taking on KP’s third year has me literally shaking angry right now

Tell us how you really feel? An additional element often omitted in the imminent Kemba - KP swap is clubhouse health. Kemba is beloved by teammates and coaches. He has a positive influence on morale. KP has some, uhh, question marks to put it lightly. I'm not convinced Boston would have to add. It might be Dallas.

HUGE element overlooked and in addition to the extra year on KP's deal, has me in the "no thanks" camp.

This locker room has been...rocky(?) for the couple of years prior and Kemba has been a bright spot in cleaning out some of the stinky Kyrie vibe that was lingering. He's literally the happiest, nicest dude in the world.

Which is all good, since mavs fans doesnt try to dump kp on boston its boston and many others that try to dump kemba on mavs. So lets agree, no trades with kp to boston and no trades with kemba to mavs and we should all be happy?

If mavs want a 6 foot pg that doesnt play defense and can hit some 3s next to luka, they already got that in burke for less then 1/10th of the salary hit and he is healthy
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,914

Post#32 » by basketballwacko2 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:36 am

BleedGreen1989 wrote:You know Brown is not even in the discussion here, let's be realistic.

Kemba for KP could have some legs but there is no way the Celtics add Brown. :nod:
Patsfan1081
RealGM
And1: 5,486

Post#33 » by Patsfan1081 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:53 am

JD45 wrote:I knew all right thinking people would erupt in righteous indignation at the trade based on all the previous comments on the trade value of the players involved. So let me show my flawed thinking on relative player value so I can be corrected.

Who’s the better team aside........You ranked KP highly so I’m guessing you’re dismissing injuries, however Walker is below him and THJ despite being a allstar last season(all nba the previous). How is Hardawy better than Fournier and Walker when they put up better, more efficient numbers?
Patsfan1081
RealGM

Post#34 » by Patsfan1081 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:57 am

Apz wrote:
BleedGreen1989 wrote:
MasterIchiro wrote:

Which is all good, since mavs fans doesnt try to dump kp on boston its boston and many others that try to dump kemba on mavs. So lets agree, no trades with kp to boston and no trades with kemba to mavs and we should all be happy?

If mavs want a 6 foot pg that doesnt play defense and can hit some 3s next to luka, they already got that in burke for less then 1/10th of the salary hit and he is healthy

:roll: There are Mavs fans suggesting Kemba trades in this thread. And comparing Burke to him is just ridiculous. That’s like saying Boston doesn’t need Porzingis because they have Luke Kornet......
Apz
Lead Assistant

Post#35 » by Apz » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:02 am

Patsfan1081 wrote:

Who’s the better team aside........You ranked KP highly so I’m guessing you’re dismissing injuries, however Walker is below him and THJ despite being a allstar last season(all nba the previous). How is Hardawy better than Fournier and Walker when they put up better, more efficient numbers?

So why isnt boston better? If all their players is better then mavs, and got 3 allstars then, and was a lot less affected by covid, how come they almost missed the po? Maybe all theif players just get overratef because its a classic team, like lakers junk?
Apz
Lead Assistant

Post#36 » by Apz » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:07 am

Patsfan1081 wrote:
Apz wrote:
BleedGreen1989 wrote:

:roll: There are Mavs fans suggesting Kemba trades in this thread. And comparing Burke to him is just ridiculous. That’s like saying Boston doesn’t need Porzingis because they have Luke Kornet......

Wouldnt take those sdriously. When kemba was fa we argued on the mavs forum that he was a ridicolously bad fit with luka and not worth anything near the salary , and the same guys that argued against us is the same that still think he got value. So guess they were wrong then and are wrobg now
Patsfan1081
RealGM

Post#37 » by Patsfan1081 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:07 am

Apz wrote:
Patsfan1081 wrote:

So why isnt boston better? If all their players is better then mavs, and got 3 allstars then, and was a lot less affected by covid, how come they almost missed the po? Maybe all theif players just get overratef because its a classic team, like lakers junk?

? I didn’t say they were better, however I will say they were the previous two for sure. But you’re all over the place, Boston had a ton of players miss games this season, hard to miss the news of Tatum getting COVID. But Boston had a lot more issues outside injuries, doesn’t mean the players they got aren’t talented. Fournier missed two weeks just after being traded to Boston because of COVID.....
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,847

Post#38 » by SmartWentCrazy » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:10 am

Apz wrote:
Patsfan1081 wrote:

Boston isnt better because most of their players generally suck. And they were utterly decimated by COVID, where they cumulatively had players missing 50+ more games than Dallas did:

Read on Twitter

Also, Luka is an MVP candidate and no one on the Celtics is at that level. Thats the biggest reason.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 31,982

Post#39 » by jbk1234 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:18 am

MasterIchiro wrote:
sportfan6197 wrote:
Apz wrote:

Bingo. Trimming the KP fat off the roster would go a long ways towards Luka's weight loss target. In all seriousness, I love Luka's game at any BMI but it's clear Dallas is maxed if they trot out the same crew next season. I appreciate Mavs fans disgust with the value surrendered for KP vs. his current negative value, but the Mavs need someone who can run offense. And it has to be a negative value contract. KP is unhappy with his role. Kemba and Boston are ready to part ways. Kemba wants to play in a winning situation. KP doesn't want to sit and stare at Luka try to manufacture points.
I think the Mavs should do everything within reason to get off of KP's deal ahead of 2022 F.A. class, but Horford is better option here because they'd save a lot more money. They could attach a protected pick to him at the deadline for a true expiring and have the entire max slot open.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Apz
Lead Assistant

Post#40 » by Apz » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:28 am

jbk1234 wrote:
MasterIchiro wrote:
sportfan6197 wrote:

I think the Mavs should do everything within reason to get off of KP's deal ahead of 2022 F.A. class, but Horford is better option here because they'd save a lot more money. They could attach a protected pick to him at the deadline for a true expiring and have the entire max slot open.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app

What? Horford is dead money, and mavs cant trade fof dead money and then use a pick to get rid of him. If they wanted to just get cap or get out of kps deal, in ghis case, why wouldnt they use that pick to dump kp right away? Since luka gonna sign his 200m deal for 22 season soon it would limit their moves less. Bettef off just keep kp abd try to get that ny pick back to open their flexibility then closing it for another 6-7 years

Return to Trades and Transactions