ImageImageImageImageImage

If The Nets Win The Chip.. The Pressure Is On The Knicks

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

malik959
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,832

Re: If The Nets Win The Chip.. The Pressure Is On The Knicks 

Post#41 » by malik959 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:27 am

In now way, shape, or form should the Knicks rush into a panic mode if the Nets win the ship. If they do :dontknow: who cares. We need to just stay the course and continue to build, it has worked out very well recently. My only issue right now with the Nets would be Houston gift wrapped Harden to them and had to wipe their face throughly clean before they left out the bathroom because they got used.
I’m not up for trading the fort when there’s other player around the same age as our players (Ball), who can grow with the team we have in place. So giving up 6-7 guys to grab a star to me is just Melo all over again, and to me would be another huge mistake when we already have a great young core in place. Let’s just keep moving forward making a team that can compete for several years AKA San Antonio, not just one like Cleveland, Toronto, Detroit.
prophet_of_rage
RealGM
And1: 6,637

Post#42 » by prophet_of_rage » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:41 am

NewKnicks wrote:I haven't seen one yet, but has anyone seen an article written about this yet? Maybe one of the writers who lurk on here to get info will steal this idea and you'll see it soon. Not that I want to see it, but you know topics like this are going to be everywhere soon.
There was one in the post two days ago.

Sent from my SM-N970W using Tapatalk
Davis18
Senior
And1: 695

Post#43 » by Davis18 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:55 am

I think value of history goes long way.
Example Cubs & White Sox.
I would not lose any sleep over it if I am Dolan.
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,259
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#44 » by BKlutch » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:07 am

robillionaire wrote:
NewKnicks wrote:
robillionaire wrote:
I mean they have already been running with this storyline for nearly 2 years now.

I'll say this though, had the nets built up their own team of gritty likable players and won the championship, that actually might have had New York celebrating them. I don't think throwing together a super team with unlikable divas trying to avoid any adversity and a bunch of ring chasers is going to win over the heart of the city, even if they do win. it just seems fake

I agree, it would be much easier to appreciate them if they did it the right way. I don't like any of their 'big 3'. Never did. I appreciate their basketball skills, but each one of them is annoying in their own right. Never did like any of them.

It totally seems fake. That's a great way to put it. It really shouldn't even been allowed. It sucks, but they turned the NBA into a circus now. Basically whichever teams certain players conspire to go to, those teams are the new champs for several years. And I don't see it changing either. The NBA likes this current formula, because they sell individual players these days, not teams. I wish they would stop all this nonsense, but now that the rabbit is out of the hat, it can't be stuffed back in. This is the NBA now.

I never even disliked the Nets until KD and the gang got there and spit on the knicks while doing it. I actually have a Nets t-shirt buried in a dresser drawer somewhere that I've had for years. I had a soft spot for the team. I even lived in downtown Brooklyn for a couple years. I feel like I would be a person that they assume would finally abandon the misery of being a Knicks fan and switch to the Nets, and it only made me hate that stinkin' team. They can win the championship and the Knicks could go 0-82 and it wouldn't make me root for them. I'd sooner quit watching the NBA

I started liking the Nets as a second team when they were ABA. I felt bad they had to sell Juilius Irving, but I still watched them as a 2nd team when they were in Jersey.

The day Prokhorov put up The Billboard, everything changed. Suddenly they were a team of trolls. The old guys failed, the team crumbled, and then Kenny Atkinson started doing the right thing again. I thought... maybe... if they keep going, I could like them as a second team.

Then they fired Atkinson and released all their home grown talent. They went to the store and bought 3 shiny new things to dominate the leage. Well FUQQ THAT. FUQQ Brooklyn. I'm finished with them forever.

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,870

Post#45 » by nykballa2k4 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:14 pm

NewKnicks wrote:I was thinking about this today. As the games go by, and the odds of BKN winning the championship increase by the day, the pressure on the Knicks front office keeps growing as well.

Dolan has never been in a situation to where he will actually have to compete with another franchise in terms of fans. I know.. I get it.. true Knicks fans will never make the jump to BKN fans, but realistically, there are going to be a lot of fair weather fans as we get closer and closer to the Finals who make the fatal switch over to the Nets. Kills me to say that, but it's just reality. There is going to be a significant amount of NYers who, at a minimum, will 'enjoy' the fact that a NY team wins the NBA championship.

THIS IS THE BIG ONE: The kids. Dolan and the Knicks have a chance to lose out on an entire generation of the youth in NY. If the Nets win 2-3 title's, all the kids will flock to them. I think he understands just how big this situation is, and he'll react accordingly to try to save that from happening.

Dolan will start feeling a LOT more pressure to succeed (he probably already is), and that could be a good thing for us, or a bad thing, depending on how the Nets success affects the moves the Knicks make. One thing a Nets championship will probably guarantee, is that the Knicks will not be sticking to any type of youth movement. Dolan is going to feel like he needs to get the media spotlight back on the Knicks, so I expect big splash moves incoming. As fragile as Dolan's ego seems to be, he's going to want to compensate in some way to get the Knicks back on the front page.

Dolan will be pushing our front office to make some big moves. So, what will that be? I don't know. But I don't even see him and the FO waiting another year for the Lavine's/Beals of the world. I'm going to predict that something big will happen this offseason, sooner or later. We will trade up in the draft, for starters (if he doesn't have a deal already lined up to ship the draft picks out).

I opened this thread to see what others think. If you agree with my assessment, are there moves out there that we're not seeing yet? Players that maybe can be had that we're not aware of? Or do you disagree? Will this always stay a Knicks town? (of course I think it will - just wanted to see what others think)

I just can't think of a scenario to where Dolan watches the Nets championship parade on TV, and he doesn't feel the need to do something BIG to get the spotlight back on the Knicks. Let's all pray whatever they decide to do won't destroy what we've been starting to build. For the first time in forever, the Knicks actually have some good young pieces, draft picks, and cap flexibility.

By the way, this is one of the worst days of my life having to make a thread about the Nets winning a championship. But it's probably going to be here pretty soon, unless maybe Utah can take them out. But I doubt it. F*ck my life.

This thread already exists no?
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=2089319

If you allow what they Nets are doing to influence decision making then you are guaranteeing 00's Knicks where we were 6-8 seed, first round fodder.

Stay the course, Nets have 2 injury prone superstars and a beard. They look amazing this year. They will look amazing next year. They will not hold up. 2 chips max, 4 years high level bball followed by 10 year rebuild. We should make our goal something different. We need to be a top-4 seed every season, maintain flexibility, go all in when the time is right/right situation comes about.
Nets pounced when Harden demanded a trade. Lakers went all in when LeBron recruited AD. Clippers are looking suspect after trading away ALL of their draft capitol for playoff P. Bucks look like one of the sad cases on 90-day-fiance after going all in for Jrue

Bucks made the knee-jerk reaction to the Harden move and got burned.
DONT BE THAT GUY
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
Woodsanity
RealGM
And1: 9,851

Post#46 » by Woodsanity » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:35 pm

I wouldn't root for the Nets even if snake boy and flat earther 3 peated.

Only the playoffs separate the true great ones and frauds.
NewKnicks
Sixth Man
And1: 756

Post#47 » by NewKnicks » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:11 pm

nykballa2k4 wrote:
NewKnicks wrote:I was thinking about this today. As the games go by, and the odds of BKN winning the championship increase by the day, the pressure on the Knicks front office keeps growing as well.

Dolan has never been in a situation to where he will actually have to compete with another franchise in terms of fans. I know.. I get it.. true Knicks fans will never make the jump to BKN fans, but realistically, there are going to be a lot of fair weather fans as we get closer and closer to the Finals who make the fatal switch over to the Nets. Kills me to say that, but it's just reality. There is going to be a significant amount of NYers who, at a minimum, will 'enjoy' the fact that a NY team wins the NBA championship.

THIS IS THE BIG ONE: The kids. Dolan and the Knicks have a chance to lose out on an entire generation of the youth in NY. If the Nets win 2-3 title's, all the kids will flock to them. I think he understands just how big this situation is, and he'll react accordingly to try to save that from happening.

Dolan will start feeling a LOT more pressure to succeed (he probably already is), and that could be a good thing for us, or a bad thing, depending on how the Nets success affects the moves the Knicks make. One thing a Nets championship will probably guarantee, is that the Knicks will not be sticking to any type of youth movement. Dolan is going to feel like he needs to get the media spotlight back on the Knicks, so I expect big splash moves incoming. As fragile as Dolan's ego seems to be, he's going to want to compensate in some way to get the Knicks back on the front page.

Dolan will be pushing our front office to make some big moves. So, what will that be? I don't know. But I don't even see him and the FO waiting another year for the Lavine's/Beals of the world. I'm going to predict that something big will happen this offseason, sooner or later. We will trade up in the draft, for starters (if he doesn't have a deal already lined up to ship the draft picks out).

I opened this thread to see what others think. If you agree with my assessment, are there moves out there that we're not seeing yet? Players that maybe can be had that we're not aware of? Or do you disagree? Will this always stay a Knicks town? (of course I think it will - just wanted to see what others think)

I just can't think of a scenario to where Dolan watches the Nets championship parade on TV, and he doesn't feel the need to do something BIG to get the spotlight back on the Knicks. Let's all pray whatever they decide to do won't destroy what we've been starting to build. For the first time in forever, the Knicks actually have some good young pieces, draft picks, and cap flexibility.

By the way, this is one of the worst days of my life having to make a thread about the Nets winning a championship. But it's probably going to be here pretty soon, unless maybe Utah can take them out. But I doubt it. F*ck my life.

This thread already exists no?
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=2089319

If you allow what they Nets are doing to influence decision making then you are guaranteeing 00's Knicks where we were 6-8 seed, first round fodder.

Stay the course, Nets have 2 injury prone superstars and a beard. They look amazing this year. They will look amazing next year. They will not hold up. 2 chips max, 4 years high level bball followed by 10 year rebuild. We should make our goal something different. We need to be a top-4 seed every season, maintain flexibility, go all in when the time is right/right situation comes about.
Nets pounced when Harden demanded a trade. Lakers went all in when LeBron recruited AD. Clippers are looking suspect after trading away ALL of their draft capitol for playoff P. Bucks look like one of the sad cases on 90-day-fiance after going all in for Jrue

Bucks made the knee-jerk reaction to the Harden move and got burned.
DONT BE THAT GUY

I never saw that thread.

I agree with everything you said, although I would think about trading Randle for a lottery pick this year and roll with the kids.
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,041

Post#48 » by robillionaire » Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:27 am

prophet_of_rage
RealGM
And1: 6,637

Post#49 » by prophet_of_rage » Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:31 am

No more pressure

Sent from my SM-N970W using Tapatalk
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,898

Post#50 » by GONYK » Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:32 am

BarryLird
Pro Prospect
And1: 515

Post#51 » by BarryLird » Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:36 am

GONYK wrote:Image
:rockon:
Im Coming Home
RealGM
And1: 16,163

Post#52 » by Im Coming Home » Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:37 am

LMAO
RGM Knicks BAF- Houston Rockets

PG: Cunningham | Suggs |
SG: Au Thompson | Rupert |
SF: Griffin | Reddish
PF: Avdija | Prince| Bertans
C: Lively II | Smith
Kidknick!
Head Coach
And1: 1,464

Post#53 » by Kidknick! » Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:38 am

Lock this thread up and send it to Cancun! NYETS in effect!

Budenholzer is such a trash coach, could you IMAGINE what a guy like Van Gundy or Spoelstra would do to further develop a guy like Giannis?
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 41,031

Post#54 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:38 am

ny-n-md
Sixth Man
And1: 1,386

Post#55 » by ny-n-md » Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:40 am

JUST PLAY THE KIDS ALREADY!!!!!
BKAY
Analyst
And1: 1,396

Post#56 » by BKAY » Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:41 am

Knicks had a better season than the Nets lol. suck it brooklyn
Little Italia
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,134

Post#57 » by Little Italia » Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:52 am

Knicks feeling like the 72' Dolphins right now lol

"New York Knicks will never win a championship with James Dolan at the helm. Off with his head!!"

WELCOME TO MEDIOCRE HELL
Im Coming Home
RealGM
And1: 16,163

Post#58 » by Im Coming Home » Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:40 am

RGM Knicks BAF- Houston Rockets

PG: Cunningham | Suggs |
SG: Au Thompson | Rupert |
SF: Griffin | Reddish
PF: Avdija | Prince| Bertans
C: Lively II | Smith
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#59 » by br7knicks » Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:18 pm

Ah, it's already that time of the Knicks off season. Ballboys feel every thought that enters into their head means they need to start a brand new threas, even though there are already plenty to post in.

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=2089319
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,145

Post#60 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:21 pm

Little Italia wrote:Knicks feeling like the 72' Dolphins right now lol

Nets feeling like 2007 Patriots.

Oh wait, that's not accurate. Patriots actually made it to the finals before folding.

Return to New York Knicks