Pacers Unlikely To Blow Up Roster In Offseason

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Pacers Unlikely To Blow Up Roster In Offseason 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:48 pm

The Indiana Pacers are likely to retain Caris LeVert, Domantas Sabonis, Malcolm Brogdon and T.J.. Warren this offseason though they could consider blowing up the roster, two sources tell J. Michael of the Indianapolis Star.

Kevin Pritchard is believed to be open to the idea, but Herb Simon is unlikely to give the green light to the idea. The Pacers typically do everything within their power to remain as competitive as possible.

The Pacers have received interest in Myles Turner from the Charlotte Hornets, New York Knicks and Los Angeles Lakers.

Via J. Michael/Indianapolis Star

basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,911

Re: Pacers Unlikely To Blow Up Roster In Offseason 

Post#2 » by basketballwacko2 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:14 pm

And the issue is the Hornets, knicks and lakers have nothing to offer that would interest the Pacers.
Zeno
RealGM
And1: 19,581

Post#3 » by Zeno » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:24 pm

basketballwacko2 wrote:And the issue is the Hornets, knicks and lakers have nothing to offer that would interest the Pacers.

I think you could easily take a few 1sts for Turner from the Knicks and flip those for something of interest to a 3rd team if they don't want to rebuild. I also wonder, gulp, if a Hayward revisiting of Hayward is possible. Like Hayward and charlotte's 1st for Turner and filler is possible.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
dubbmotta
Senior
And1: 99

Post#4 » by dubbmotta » Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:40 pm

basketballwacko2 wrote:And the issue is the Hornets, knicks and lakers have nothing to offer that would interest the Pacers.

Hornets could offer this year's lottery pick and Terry Roizer. Turner and Sabonis should not be on the court at the same time..move Sabonis to center, TJ to PF, Levert to SF, etc. etc..
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#5 » by basketballwacko2 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:53 pm

Zeno wrote:

I think you could easily take a few 1sts for Turner from the Knicks and flip those for something of interest to a 3rd team if they don't want to rebuild. I also wonder, gulp, if a Hayward revisiting of Hayward is possible. Like Hayward and charlotte's 1st for Turner and filler is possible.

The KNicks picks for 2021 are not interesting to me at all. And if I say their 2 #1's and 2nd plus more future picks is still not enough I'm going to be called a homer but the fact remains Indiana is thin at the 4/5 because they have no 4's unless Turner or Sabonis plays that spot. Oshae Brissett looks pretty good for an undersized 4, but we still don't know how much he's got. Trading Turner weakens the already bad defense of the Pacers. He's the rim protector and the best defender by a long way.

Hayward is 31, injury prone and massively over paid, $29.9 million for 2021-22. No thank you.
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#6 » by basketballwacko2 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:55 pm

dubbmotta wrote:

Hornets could offer this year's lottery pick and Terry Roizer. Turner and Sabonis should not be on the court at the same time..move Sabonis to center, TJ to PF, Levert to SF, etc. etc..

Rozier? :lol:
What do the pacers do with him? Oh yeah trade Turner, get another guard, and just put who ever at PF! :lol:

Rozier is crap.
jk31
Rookie
And1: 658

Post#7 » by jk31 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:33 pm

mh i hope they get their minds straight and keep Turner... rather See Sabonis go. a Team with Sabonis as the starter at the 5 will allow Lots of points night in and night out... Pacers Were 12 points per 100 possesions better with Turner at the 5 than with Sabonis at the 5.

Return to Wiretap Discussion