ImageImageImageImageImage

Discussing Other Teams' Moves - Part 7

Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

Illuminaire
Veteran
And1: 606

Re: Discussing Other Teams' Moves - Part 7 

Post#1361 » by Illuminaire » Mon Jun 7, 2021 5:49 pm

nate33 wrote:Agreed. This is honestly one of the strangest and dumbest moves I've ever seen from a front office.

In one fell swoop, they dumped a good GM and a great coach while simultaneously discouraging any other top tier coach from being interested.

The one positive thing I can say is that Stevens does appear to be a competent and intelligent guy who has been extremely successful at everything related to basketball. It's possible the organization felt they would lose him if they didn't make the situation better, and this was their way of doing that.

That's all I've got, though. It's a weird one. It's hard to justify losing a top-5 coach and a top-5 GM in one move, no matter how frustrating the last couple of years have been.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#1362 » by Ruzious » Mon Jun 7, 2021 5:57 pm

Dark Faze wrote:This move is probably a year away, but I'd love to see a Wall buyout followed by him playing with the Bucks. I think it'd be a terrific fit and I'd love to see him enjoy some winning.

My fear is him signing with the Heat. A bunch of off the court stuff to distract him and I don't love the on court fit.

I don't think the Bucks would want him, tbh. They want all their players to be 3 point shooting threats to offset Giannis' weakness.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,961

Post#1363 » by FAH1223 » Mon Jun 7, 2021 6:04 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,726

Post#1364 » by gambitx777 » Mon Jun 7, 2021 6:11 pm

If it some how happened this year NYK, LA, LA Miami , Dallas, NO.
Ruzious wrote:
Dark Faze wrote:This move is probably a year away, but I'd love to see a Wall buyout followed by him playing with the Bucks. I think it'd be a terrific fit and I'd love to see him enjoy some winning.

My fear is him signing with the Heat. A bunch of off the court stuff to distract him and I don't love the on court fit.

I don't think the Bucks would want him, tbh. They want all their players to be 3 point shooting threats to offset Giannis' weakness.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using RealGM mobile app
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1365 » by Ruzious » Mon Jun 7, 2021 6:47 pm

It's kinda funny, but maybe the best PG target for the Wiz - if we're pretending to be contenders now is - another former MVP - Derrick Rose - who's a month older than Westbrook. He reinvented himself as a good 3 point shooter last season and had the highest TS% of his career.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
FAH1223
RealGM

Post#1366 » by FAH1223 » Wed Jun 9, 2021 12:05 am

Read on Twitter
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,855

Post#1367 » by payitforward » Wed Jun 9, 2021 12:29 am

Ruzious wrote:It's kinda funny, but maybe the best PG target for the Wiz - if we're pretending to be contenders now is - another former MVP - Derrick Rose - who's a month older than Westbrook. He reinvented himself as a good 3 point shooter last season and had the highest TS% of his career.

Gotta hand it to him - he went all the way to hell & brought himself back. Be great to have him.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1368 » by Ruzious » Wed Jun 9, 2021 3:30 am

FAH1223 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Wow, if the Knicks have some interest in Wall, what kind of interest would they have in Westbrook?
FAH1223
RealGM

Post#1369 » by FAH1223 » Wed Jun 9, 2021 4:39 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,969

Post#1370 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Jun 9, 2021 11:14 pm

Ruzious wrote:
FAH1223 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Wow, if the Knicks have some interest in Wall, what kind of interest would they have in Westbrook?

That's a good question. John Wall is pretty much the same player he's always been, other than he's going to miss a lot of games due to recurring injuries. I think Westbrook is a better player, still, than John Wall.

The Wizards need to at least make the Knicks knows Russell could be available.
Bye bye Beal.
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#1371 » by gambitx777 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:28 pm

The Dallas 2023 first and the det 2023 second and obi toppin and a sign and trade D rose sign and trade (3 years, 30 mill)
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
Ruzious wrote:
FAH1223 wrote:
Read on Twitter

That's a good question. John Wall is pretty much the same player he's always been, other than he's going to miss a lot of games due to recurring injuries. I think Westbrook is a better player, still, than John Wall.

Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1372 » by Ruzious » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:44 pm

gambitx777 wrote:The Dallas 2023 first and the det 2023 second and obi toppin and a sign and trade D rose sign and trade (3 years, 30 mill)
Ruzious wrote:Wow, if the Knicks have some interest in Wall, what kind of interest would they have in Westbrook?

I'd even let them keep Obi - just don't think he's a winning archetype.

Now that you mention it, I wouldn't be surprised if the Wiz use their MLE to sign Rose.
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,855

Post#1373 » by payitforward » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:36 pm

Ruzious wrote:
gambitx777 wrote:The Dallas 2023 first and the det 2023 second and obi toppin and a sign and trade D rose sign and trade (3 years, 30 mill)
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:...The Wizards need to at least make the Knicks knows Russell could be available.

Now that you mention it, I wouldn't be surprised if the Wiz use their MLE to sign Rose.

Ditto on both points! In fact, I'd much rather have their #19 & #21 picks this year -- probably do it with just one of the two.

Now... Russ is better than Rose -- but this is still a lot to ask. So we'd have to see if they'd be willing.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1374 » by Ruzious » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:49 pm

payitforward wrote:
Ruzious wrote:

Ditto on both points! In fact, I'd much rather have their #19 & #21 picks this year -- probably do it with just one of the two.

Now... Russ is better than Rose -- but this is still a lot to ask. So we'd have to see if they'd be willing.

I'm with you here. And this conversation started because of the rumor that NY was interested in Wall. And if they're interested in Wall, ya gotta figure they'd be interested in Westbrook. But who knows, maybe some agent started the rumor.
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#1375 » by gambitx777 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:10 pm

Maybe they figured they can get assets out of taking wall. Like I'd wood and wall for obi toppin and some seconds.
Ruzious wrote:
payitforward wrote:
Ruzious wrote:I'd even let them keep Obi - just don't think he's a winning archetype.

I'm with you here. And this conversation started because of the rumor that NY was interested in Wall. And if they're interested in Wall, ya gotta figure they'd be interested in Westbrook. But who knows, maybe some agent started the rumor.

gambitx777
General Manager

Post#1376 » by gambitx777 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:13 pm

But for cap filler it makes the trade a bit more palatable and keeps I think one if not two max slots open to them to use even with Russ and his contract. Im just interesting in those Dallas picks because we can get a 2023 pick back a second and toppin I'd be happy . And have D rose and some money to play around getting a getter back up maybe going after wood or Wiggins I'd be pretty stoked
Ruzious wrote:

Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1377 » by Ruzious » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:04 pm

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/knicks-rumored-to-have-interest-in-significant-trade/ar-AAKSC87?li=BBnbfcL

Nothing new but interesting to hear more babbling bolognaise about a Wall to NY trade.
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#1378 » by gambitx777 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:29 am

What the hell do the Lakers have to trade? Like I see all this bull **** Lakers after dame, Lakers after Luka. They have nothing.

pcbothwel
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,562

Post#1379 » by pcbothwel » Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:35 am

gambitx777 wrote:What the hell do the Lakers have to trade? Like I see all this bull **** Lakers after dame, Lakers after Luka. They have nothing.

Ughhh... Anthony Davis? Lol
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#1380 » by gambitx777 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:38 am

Is that even possible. like would they have the balls. ? Is ad under a long term deal?

Return to Washington Wizards