Some more of that KP baby, from Boston to LA

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Patsfan1081
RealGM
And1: 5,491

Re: Some more of that KP baby, from Boston to LA 

Post#21 » by Patsfan1081 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:29 am

Swish1906 wrote:
realEAST wrote:
Swish1906 wrote:
No. Mavs ceiling with KP playing good (like last bubble) is much higher than their ceiling with Kemba

Oh, no doubt. but question is are we ever going to see that KP again.

I mean, I'd take version from the beginning of the last season over his current self - he was great defensively, not that efficient offensively, but still stretched floor for Luka; this year his defense fell off the cliff, and even though he had fine offensive numbers, he had much bigger impact last year (speaking only of regular season) than this.

Thats what the Mavs athletic staff has to evaluate. If his wacky season is the result of the bubble injury or was it just because of the crazy season in general. surgery, missing first month etc.

Isn’t he now rumored to be unhappy also? And it’s not like his injuries were a one year deal, it’s really starting to add up.

If they dont think that the injury wrecked him longterm, then they arent move him in best case marginal deals or even clear downgrades like i saw with Markkanen or freaking Horford deals.

Then they are going to do their best to help him getting back to his bubble play
realEAST
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,311

Post#22 » by realEAST » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:02 am

Swish1906 wrote:
realEAST wrote:
Swish1906 wrote:
No. Mavs ceiling with KP playing good (like last bubble) is much higher than their ceiling with Kemba

Oh, no doubt. but question is are we ever going to see that KP again.

I mean, I'd take version from the beginning of the last season over his current self - he was great defensively, not that efficient offensively, but still stretched floor for Luka; this year his defense fell off the cliff, and even though he had fine offensive numbers, he had much bigger impact last year (speaking only of regular season) than this.

Thats what the Mavs athletic staff has to evaluate. If his wacky season is the result of the bubble injury or was it just because of the crazy season in general. surgery, missing first month etc.

If they dont think that the injury wrecked him longterm, then they arent move him in best case marginal deals or even clear downgrades like i saw with Markkanen or freaking Horford deals.

Then they are going to do their best to help him getting back to his bubble play

And what if it did, what if his game doesn't return to that level or close to it? There also seems to be a kind of a constant tension with him. I'd really be surprised if he is not moved this summer. It will really be interesting to see what happens.
Buzzard
RealGM
And1: 7,522

Post#23 » by Buzzard » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:23 am

Dallas: I love Kennard in Dallas. Zubac is doable and the pick could be a nice one.

Boston: Beverly and KP in Boston is a big risky move. But man if it pans out.

Clippers: If the Clippers fail to get out of the 2nd round, scoring looks to be the need.

This to me is the if. Kennard should be looked at as 1st round value. Then you are also sending 16 for KP. I don't see him holding that kind of value. If anything, I'd want 16 if I was Boston.
BAF Pacers: Unleash Trae!

PG Ice Trae
SG Buddy Hield/Luke Kennard/Brandin Podziemski
SF OG Anunoby/Terrence Ross/Kris Murray
PF Richaun Holmes/JaMychal Green/Chris Livingston
C KAT/Mark Williams
Apz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,984

Post#24 » by Apz » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:58 pm

Buzzard wrote:Dallas: I love Kennard in Dallas. Zubac is doable and the pick could be a nice one.

Clippers: If the Clippers fail to get out of the 2nd round, scoring looks to be the need.

This to me is the if. Kennard should be looked at as 1st round value. Then you are also sending 16 for KP. I don't see him holding that kind of value. If anything, I'd want 16 if I was Boston.

Kennard holding no 1st value on that contract
Buzzard
RealGM

Post#25 » by Buzzard » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:43 pm

Apz wrote:
Buzzard wrote:Dallas: I love Kennard in Dallas. Zubac is doable and the pick could be a nice one.

He is one year removed from almost 16 points a game and a .589 TS%. Despite Lue not having a clue how to use him, he still has a .608 TS% this season.

PG Ice Trae
C KAT/Mark Williams
Apz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,984

Post#26 » by Apz » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:31 am

Buzzard wrote:
Apz wrote:

He is one year removed from almost 16 points a game and a .589 TS%. Despite Lue not having a clue how to use him, he still has a .608 TS% this season.

And how many 1sts with that logic is kp worth? Can stick to this regular season
Swish1906
Head Coach
And1: 10,625

Post#27 » by Swish1906 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:34 am

Nothing easier than scoring a lot of points on a crappy team.
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,407

Post#28 » by JRoy » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:38 am

Swish1906 wrote:Nothing easier than scoring a lot of points on a crappy team.

Not scoring a lot of points on a crappy team is even easier.
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
Buzzard
RealGM

Post#29 » by Buzzard » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:10 am

Apz wrote:
Buzzard wrote:
Apz wrote:

And how many 1sts with that logic is kp worth? Can stick to this regular season

This why I see Kennard and 16 as a good deal for the Mavericks. Its like they are getting their two picks back for KP and saving face...

PG Ice Trae
C KAT/Mark Williams
realEAST
Lead Assistant

Post#30 » by realEAST » Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:29 am

Wth, Kennard has negative value on that deal, and I don't think it is really that debatable.
He was an option in the "Worst contract in the league" on this very board.
He most certainly isn't worth a 1st round pick. Where did that come at all?
Citing his TS% without mentioning his total numbers is clearly a misleading argument, and serves no purpose.
JediMasterRevan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,047

Post#31 » by JediMasterRevan » Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:00 pm

Dallas getting too good a deal.

Porzingas is a malchontent
Has been a terrible fit
Has SERIOUS health concerns
Has the worst contract of everything being traded.

No way they break that down into far cheaper contracts, add a very promising young player AND a low mid first rounder.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,821

Post#32 » by Texas Chuck » Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:07 pm

Interesting pattern developing. Multiple Celtics posters really aggressively anti-KP. Similarly Dallas fans the same towards Kemba. This could be coincidence or this could be all the both Boston and Dallas originated speculation of a swap and both sides being scared to death.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
snowman
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 2,523

Post#33 » by snowman » Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:19 pm

If I'm Boston I could be talked into a future lotto protected pick, but not the 16th this year, and I would not offer Nesmith, but would offer Tristan Thompson so Dallas would have another big, but that throws the money out of whack. How about Grant Williams instead. Add yes Robert Williams is off the board. I mean Boston would be taking on another year at 36 mill, and until he actually opts out of it, it's still on the books.
realEAST
Lead Assistant

Post#34 » by realEAST » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:33 pm

snowman wrote:If I'm Boston I could be talked into a future lotto protected pick, but not the 16th this year, and I would not offer Nesmith, but would offer Tristan Thompson so Dallas would have another big, but that throws the money out of whack. How about Grant Williams instead. Add yes Robert Williams is off the board. I mean Boston would be taking on another year at 36 mill, and until he actually opts out of it, it's still on the books.

EDIT: My bad, Kemba does have one year less than KP.

Nevertheless, Tristan Thompson can't be an incentive for Dallas doing this deal, since he is a negative value himself.

Return to Trades and Transactions