ImageImageImageImageImage

New York Yankees Thread

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 19,915

Re: New York Yankees Thread 

Post#1901 » by blueNorange » Mon Jun 7, 2021 6:16 pm

VirginiaKnickFan wrote:Cashman has sucked at addressing the needs of this team, balanced hitting and pitching apart from Cole. His time is up, sweep him and Boone out the door.

hold off on cole because he's most likely using substances since his last start all his spin rate on all his pitches were well below his season averages by a lot.

him and trevor bauer.

yu darvish the other night visibly was shown going to his glove and rubbing the ball.

these are cole's spin rates every start

4/01: 26.3
4/06: 26.6
4/12: 26.2
4/18: 26.4
4/24: 26.4
4/30: 26.5
5/06: 26.7
5/12: 26.5
5/17: 26.3
5/22: 25.9
5/28: 26.1
6/03: 24.9
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
blue and orange
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,003

Post#1902 » by blue and orange » Mon Jun 7, 2021 6:52 pm

I wouldnt say the Yankees are cheap I say their poorly constructed, the front office cares more about showing everyone how genius they are then they are about winning championships. Getting rid of Girardi was dumb, George butted heads with managers as long as they were winning though he wouldnt get rid of them. I

Its not like Girardi wasnt using analytics himself he just wouldn't let the analytics department make out the lineup cards thats what I have issue with, yes they should have input but shouldn't be making the on the field decisions that should be the manager. The genius analytics team that had Happ inserted into an ALDS game against they Rays. Yes Boone won 100 plus games his first 2 years you had Girardi guys there still like Didi and CC that leadership is gone now. You got an undisciplined team that constantly gets thrown out on the base paths, commits errors, not to mention this swing out of your shoes approach never driving runners in. Team doesn't even try to steal any bases aside from maybe Tyler Wade. The Stanton contract is a killer, could have acquired Arenado, and still gotten two ace pitchers. There needs to a change in philosophical approach.

I wasnt even mad about getting swept by the Sox because this will at least make the front office rethink and blow up this analytics department, probably wishful thinking on my part.
GEOLINK
General Manager
And1: 8,310

Post#1903 » by GEOLINK » Mon Jun 7, 2021 7:05 pm

blueNorange wrote:
VirginiaKnickFan wrote:Cashman has sucked at addressing the needs of this team, balanced hitting and pitching apart from Cole. His time is up, sweep him and Boone out the door.

hold off on cole because he's most likely using substances since his last start all his spin rate on all his pitches were well below his season averages by a lot.

him and trevor bauer.

yu darvish the other night visibly was shown going to his glove and rubbing the ball.

Where are these numbers from if I may ask?
ccvle
Head Coach
And1: 1,694

Post#1904 » by ccvle » Mon Jun 7, 2021 7:59 pm

blue and orange wrote:I wouldnt say the Yankees are cheap I say their poorly constructed, the front office cares more about showing everyone how genius they are then they are about winning championships. Getting rid of Girardi was dumb, George butted heads with managers as long as they were winning though he wouldnt get rid of them. I

Its not like Girardi wasnt using analytics himself he just wouldn't let the analytics department make out the lineup cards thats what I have issue with, yes they should have input but shouldn't be making the on the field decisions that should be the manager. The genius analytics team that had Happ inserted into an ALDS game against they Rays. Yes Boone won 100 plus games his first 2 years you had Girardi guys there still like Didi and CC that leadership is gone now. You got an undisciplined team that constantly gets thrown out on the base paths, commits errors, not to mention this swing out of your shoes approach never driving runners in. Team doesn't even try to steal any bases aside from maybe Tyler Wade. The Stanton contract is a killer, could have acquired Arenado, and still gotten two ace pitchers. There needs to a change in philosophical approach.

I wasnt even mad about getting swept by the Sox because this will at least make the front office rethink and blow up this analytics department, probably wishful thinking on my part.

Don't get me wrong. There are things that I don't agree with the front office, moves that I don't like and decisions that I questioned. However, being cheap is not on the top of the list.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#1905 » by blueNorange » Mon Jun 7, 2021 8:34 pm

GEOLINK wrote:
blueNorange wrote:

him and trevor bauer.

Where are these numbers from if I may ask?

i got it from a tweet that a bunch of other information, but you can find a lot of these things here

https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/savant-player/gerrit-cole-543037?stats=statcast-r-pitching-mlb
LOL Y U MAD THO?
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#1906 » by blueNorange » Tue Jun 8, 2021 9:56 pm

cole pretty much admits to doctoring the ball.

Read on Twitter
?s=20
LOL Y U MAD THO?
GEOLINK
General Manager

Post#1907 » by GEOLINK » Wed Jun 9, 2021 12:05 am

blueNorange wrote:cole pretty much admits to doctoring the ball.

Read on Twitter
?s=20

He sounds like a former Houston Astros player.
blue and orange
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,003

Post#1908 » by blue and orange » Wed Jun 9, 2021 1:05 am

Let it burn let it burn let it burn.
GEOLINK
General Manager

Post#1909 » by GEOLINK » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:49 am

Can we stay in Minnesota?
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,073

Post#1910 » by thebuzzardman » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:50 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Shocking. No one in the history of baseball has EVER done that.
Fury
RealGM
And1: 14,934

Post#1911 » by Fury » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:57 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Well, I've got news for you...
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#1912 » by blueNorange » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:47 pm

Fury wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Well, I've got news for you...

don't be coy, say what you want to say. :lol:
LOL Y U MAD THO?
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#1913 » by blueNorange » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:49 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=20

no, nobody in history used that type of substance that power lifters use.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,073

Post#1914 » by thebuzzardman » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:07 pm

blueNorange wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=20

no, nobody in history used that type of substance that power lifters use.

Roids started in late 70's but obviously took off in the 90's.

Scratching or putting crap on the ball? More like the 1890s
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,068

Post#1915 » by moocow007 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:32 pm

blue and orange wrote:I wouldnt say the Yankees are cheap I say their poorly constructed, the front office cares more about showing everyone how genius they are then they are about winning championships. Getting rid of Girardi was dumb, George butted heads with managers as long as they were winning though he wouldnt get rid of them. I

As odd as it may sound given that the Yankees still have one of the highest payrolls in baseball, but they are an example of a half in, half out team. They are willing to spend money but not enough to separate. They keep onto their own players for way too long cause they don't want to be left having to spend money getting some other teams players to the point where their own players have no more value and they are then forced to scramble for scraps. That Aaron Hicks contract is a perfect example of this half baked modus operandi that's been around for a lot longer than most fans realize. 7 years $70 million right? $10 million a year. Great. But the **** has never been healthy. So you gamble that he'll be healthy to make that 7 year $70 mill a bargain but fail to realize that because you aren't willing to do whatever it takes, if his history holds, you are going to be screwed with a medium sized anchor of a contract (which is what Hicks is right now). They did this way back with cheaping out on Yoan Moncada who was the key player that got the Sox Chris Sale and as a result a WS championship. They got too cute and cheap trading essentially the same package for Sonny Gray instead of Justin Verlander and as a result cost them basically a WS championship. They'd honestly be better off just admitting they can't spend enough to win a WS title and instead do what the Red Sox did...trade your big ticket guys when they still had high value before it's too late cause you don't have the financial commitment to do whatever it takes, rebuild by acquiring assets, then pick your time to jump right back into things.
VirginiaKnickFan
RealGM
And1: 2,849

Post#1916 » by VirginiaKnickFan » Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:45 pm

Yankees getting beaten by the the Phillies....FIRE BOONE and CASHMAN.
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 13,915

Post#1917 » by KnicksGadfly » Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:00 pm

VirginiaKnickFan wrote:Yankees getting beaten by the the Phillies....FIRE BOONE and CASHMAN.

A new owner too please. With all of Dolan's faults and stupidity, I never really questioned his desire to win. He paid. Paid to lose, but he paid. I'm sure the Steinbrenners want to win, but they got their wallets in mind first and foremost, and maybe winning comes in as a lesser priority.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,362

Post#1918 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:02 pm

What the hell is going on with your starting pitching?
Free Palestine
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 13,915

Post#1919 » by KnicksGadfly » Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:07 pm

moocow007 wrote:

As odd as it may sound given that the Yankees still have one of the highest payrolls in baseball, but they are an example of a half in, half out team. They are willing to spend money but not enough to separate. They keep onto their own players for way too long cause they don't want to be left having to spend money getting some other teams players to the point where their own players have no more value and they are then forced to scramble for scraps. That Aaron Hicks contract is a perfect example of this half baked modus operandi that's been around for a lot longer than most fans realize. 7 years $70 million right? $10 million a year. Great. But the **** has never been healthy. So you gamble that he'll be healthy to make that 7 year $70 mill a bargain but fail to realize that because you aren't willing to do whatever it takes, if his history holds, you are going to be screwed with a medium sized anchor of a contract (which is what Hicks is right now). They did this way back with cheaping out on Yoan Moncada who was the key player that got the Sox Chris Sale and as a result a WS championship. They got too cute and cheap trading essentially the same package for Sonny Gray instead of Justin Verlander and as a result cost them basically a WS championship. They'd honestly be better off just admitting they can't spend enough to win a WS title and instead do what the Red Sox did...trade your big ticket guys when they still had high value before it's too late cause you don't have the financial commitment to do whatever it takes, rebuild by acquiring assets, then pick your time to jump right back into things.

This. I'm sure Mets fans would have been ecstatic about this type of behavior when the Wilpons owned the team but I'm not.

The standards have also fallen for the ownership and FO. They "feel" the team now could win a championship so they rest on their laurels. They don't believe seasons are failures when the Yankees fail to win. I don't know, once the Core 4 retired, it just feels like the championship or bust mentality has faded. The Dodgers won, and they still brought in more upgrades to their squad. The Padres didn't sit still...they're fighting. The Yankees lost, and well, that sucks.
GEOLINK
General Manager

Post#1920 » by GEOLINK » Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:34 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:What the hell is going on with your starting pitching?

Kluber went down and it's been downhill since then.

Return to New York Knicks