Michael Malone: We Quit In Game 2

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Michael Malone: We Quit In Game 2 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:38 pm

The Denver Nuggets were blown out 123-98 by the Phoenix Suns in Game 2 of the Western Conference Semifinals and Michael Malone expressed disappointment with how his team competed.

"I felt we quit tonight, which is something you never want to see," Malone said. "So I guess for Game 3, I'm just going to try to find guys that will at least go out there and leave it all on the line. I may have a hard time coming up with five guys that fill that, but these two games, these second halves have really been disappointing, and that's an understatement."

The Nuggets trail Phoenix 0-2 in the best of seven series.

"I saw one team that wanted to be here, that played with a purpose and urgency, and one team that did not want to be here and played with no urgency," Malone said. "And that's why we got our ass kicked. ... We had a lot of guys play really bad tonight. And then we allowed the impact of not making the shot to affect the other end, and it was really -- this was just an embarrassing performance all the way around, top to bottom."

Via Nick Friedell/ESPN

Zeno
RealGM
And1: 19,785

Re: Michael Malone: We Quit In Game 2 

Post#2 » by Zeno » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:19 pm

There is one thing for sure. Michael Malone has a future in broadcasting if/when he loses his job. Great sideline interviews, zoom calls. Goes in hard on his team after game 1, double the slander after game 2. He got game.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please adviseā€¦.

Dan G.
beeshma
Starter
And1: 1,797

Post#3 » by beeshma » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:32 pm

He is describing MPJ as someone who didn't want to be there.
Will Barton as someone who does.
TheBoi10
General Manager
And1: 11,891

Post#4 » by TheBoi10 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:33 am

He's been calling out his team lately, can't keep doing that and not expect to lose the locker room.

Return to Wiretap Discussion