ImageImageImageImageImage

Who will the Knicks Target? Here's a List of REALISTIC Players

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 118,990

Re: Who will the Knicks Target? Here's a List of REALISTIC Players 

Post#81 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:21 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Read on Twitter

Hope he likes Indiana
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,682

Post#82 » by Knicksfan1992 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:22 pm

nykballa2k4 wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:
BowlRips wrote:Wall is going to get bought out if he can find a team to sign him to a deal. This way Houston could take the write off... Would $18mil a year for 1 year with a team option make sense?

I have to think Wes is working those back channels as we speak... With the Kentucky connection we're an obvious fit for him. But I would not actively trade for that deal unless they really sweeten the pot. I think if you're looking to take a bad deal on Kemba would be the better option because he only has 1 year on short rest of bad production under his belt and he still had moments last year where he looked like his normal self. Also his archetype is a better fit with the roster than Wall's is. We need shot making in the playoffs. Kemba, when right, gives you that at an elite level.

If Wall is just cut loose he would be insane to not find his way onto a contender. MLE Lakers and a chance at a ring is better than a chance to start in NY for a best case 2nd round team.

Is it though? Yes he can challenge for a title, but he's not a natural fit there because LBJ and AD aren't natural shooters. Adding the 3rd non-shooter isn't exactly ideal to that and we saw what happened to Schroder when they actually got to the playoffs. He could never really get his footing and he probably cost himself tons of money this offseason.

Wall might look at it and say I can walk into the Knicks, with staff that is comfortable with him, be the starter, have the ball in my hands more and prove I can play on a winning team, stay healthy and also be able to showcase himself a little bit as well because the Knicks need another real ball handler. If he goes to the Lakers he has to sit back and watch LeBron and AD try to cook everything up and if it doesn't work out with them he's going to tank his value because they will bench him (see Drummond).

I think, in the scenario you're talking about the best situation for him would be the Clippers. They are desperate for some ball handling and playmaking away from PG and Kawhi. They are loaded with shooters for him to spray the ball out to which was always his best skill and they have enough defenders to cover for his lost ability on that end.

But at the end of the day money talks and the Knicks, if all else fails can give him a bigger pay day than any other team can.

It depends on if Wall wants to sacrifice an extra 5-10 million to play for a contender or get a chance at another bigger deal down the line by giving the Knicks good production as more of a focal point.
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,364

Post#83 » by god shammgod » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:24 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
Read on Twitter

Hope he likes Indiana

the season is over and he's at the knicks facility still. he's staying. y'all really listening to this guy

Image :lol:
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#84 » by god shammgod » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:25 pm

ccvle wrote:
snadler wrote:Knicks will be connected to every player available because we have the most cap space and tons of picks..

Most importantly we now have a respectable team.

bearadonisdna
RealGM
And1: 5,394

Post#85 » by bearadonisdna » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:29 pm

Lonzo is a treadmill point guard, likely loses his matchup on most nights . But especially vs any above average to good point guard
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#86 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:29 pm

god shammgod wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
Read on Twitter

Hope he likes Indiana

the season is over at he's at the knicks facility still. he's staying.

Looks like he’s emptying his locker in that pic. Well damn. It was nice knowing ya Mitch!
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#87 » by god shammgod » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:32 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:Hope he likes Indiana

Looks like he’s emptying his locker in that pic. Well damn. It was nice knowing ya Mitch!

no
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,416

Post#88 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:33 pm

Davis18 wrote:How about Randle & 21st for Haliburton, Bagley(salary dump) & 9th?

Love it.

And so will shammgod
Free Palestine
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#89 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:36 pm

god shammgod wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

no

Yes
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#90 » by god shammgod » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:36 pm

Read on Twitter

this is the same guy lol
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#91 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:40 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Read on Twitter

this is the same guy lol

No
If the Indiana Pacers decide to make Myles Turner available in a trade this offseason, they're expected to receive significant interest.

The Charlotte Hornets, Los Angeles Lakers and New York Knicks have expressed interest in Turner for a significant amount of time. The Minnesota Timberwolves also have strong interest in Turner.

J. Michael of the Indianapolis Star believes the Hornets are the team who is most likely to deliver an aggressive offer for Turner.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,075

Post#92 » by moocow007 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:41 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:Re-sign Frank.

We're going to have a small podcast dedicated to Frank where you can guest hose with Slice. We get MP as well. :lol:
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#93 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:42 pm

Sham in shambles now seeing that someone else reported the Turner news
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#94 » by god shammgod » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:45 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:Sham in shambles now seeing that someone else reported the Turner news

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,075

Post#95 » by moocow007 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:46 pm

Turner makes sense if you ship Mitch to Indy or to another team. Otherwise really not the focus considering both the contract and, more importantly, the cost in assets to trade for him. Maybe in a package deal with Brogdon. I'm not a huge fan of Brogdon but his contract is not onerous and he's better than many of the other obvious options out there.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,100

Post#96 » by thebuzzardman » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:48 pm

Capn'O wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:Sham punching the air
Read on Twitter

Turner intrigues me because he provides a lot of what Mitch provides but also lets it fly. I would guess my Sexton dreams are dashed if we pursue him.

I like Turner because he can play some backup 4 at times, but obviously, because he provides shooting at the 5
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#97 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:48 pm

god shammgod wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:Sham in shambles now seeing that someone else reported the Turner news

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Doesn’t change that he also said we’ve been interested in him for a significant amount of time. Knicks know we need a stretch 5 who can block shots. You know it deep down too, that’s why you hyped up all those Ymca videos of Mitch shooting For the past 3 years :lol:
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#98 » by god shammgod » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:52 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Doesn’t change that he also said we’ve been interested in him for a significant amount of time. Knicks know we need a stretch 5 who can block shots. You know it deep down too, that’s why you hyped up all those Ymca videos of Mitch shooting For the past 3 years :lol:

what we need are real stars, not the stiff brick go left brothers. i don't even care much about the rest of this until they figure that out. if they do anything but put kawhi and dame together or trade randle and tank, i'll be disappointed. imagine being excited over sexton and turner :lol:
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#99 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:55 pm

god shammgod wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

what we need are real stars, not the stiff brick go left brothers. i don't even care much about the rest of this until they figure that out. if they do anything but put kawhi and dame together or trade randle and tank, i'll be disappointed. imagine being excited over sexton and turner :lol:

Mitch getting traded triggers you the most :lol:
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#100 » by god shammgod » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:55 pm

guys on this forum have upped their aspirations from being orlando from 2 years ago to indiana from 2 years ago. yaaaay lol

Return to New York Knicks