EC | Rd. 2| (1) Sixers vs (5) Hawks [1-1]

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Who will win the series? (after game 2)

Poll ended at Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:50 pm

Hawks
37%
Sixers
63%

Total votes: 30

chrismikayla
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,907

Re: EC | Rd. 2| (1) Sixers vs (5) Hawks [1-1] 

Post#1681 » by chrismikayla » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:54 am

Buzzard wrote:
chrismikayla wrote:
Buzzard wrote:I still like the chances of a upset. McMillan may start Huerter but that weakens the bench a lot.

I am glad they decided to shut Hunter down and have surgery. There is no sense in turning this into a potential Jonathan Isaac sideshow....

I like the idea of starting Huerter. He’s a scorer and a better defender than many think . I just get nervous when he’s a primary ball handler bringing the ball up the court lol.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

Huerter, Bogdan, Trae is the bulk of their shot creators. That pretty much leaves the bench to Lou and Gallinari. If Reddish gets back, he could provide a shot in the arm.

Hopefully the negative production from the bench will be positively outweighed by not starting Solomon Hill

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
[gfycat][/gfycat]
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,016

Post#1682 » by eyeatoma » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:07 am

Read on Twitter

Ron Artest knows his stuff..
GSP
RealGM
And1: 14,649

Post#1683 » by GSP » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:54 am

jayu70 wrote:This sucks for him and the Hawks.
The downgrade to Solo and Snell is no Bueno.
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Yeah they have no shot without Hunter. He shut down Randle and wouldve done a great job on Tobias. Is a sneaky offensive player too. Solomon Hill shouldnt be getting playoff minutes if youre a serious team.
kuclas
General Manager
And1: 3,898

Post#1684 » by kuclas » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:46 am

GSP wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Yeah they have no shot without Hunter. He shut down Randle and wouldve done a great job on Tobias. Is a sneaky offensive player too. Solomon Hill shouldnt be getting playoff minutes if youre a serious team.

Shaq Barkley and Perkins all picking Atlanta last night and this morning.

If Atlanta is shooting well and home crowd energizes the players. Sixers could be 3-1 hole coming back home. Many are predicting 6 games for hawks.

That first game was so important to win on the road. Because Sixers are dominant at home.

A lot can happen. Embiid knees may not hold up than I’d definitely favor Atlanta.
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,016

Post#1685 » by eyeatoma » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:28 am

kuclas wrote:
GSP wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Shaq Barkley and Perkins all picking Atlanta last night and this morning.

If Atlanta is shooting well and home crowd energizes the players. Sixers could be 3-1 hole coming back home. Many are predicting 6 games for hawks.

That first game was so important to win on the road. Because Sixers are dominant at home.

A lot can happen. Embiid knees may not hold up than I’d definitely favor Atlanta.
You must be fun at sixers parties.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
CP War Hawks
Analyst
And1: 1,430

Post#1686 » by CP War Hawks » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:38 am

Hawks can't survive this series w/o its two best wing defenders. It's way too much pressure on Trae with Hill and Snell out there for extended time.
kuclas
General Manager

Post#1687 » by kuclas » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:06 pm

CP War Hawks wrote:Hawks can't survive this series w/o its two best wing defenders. It's way too much pressure on Trae with Hill and Snell out there for extended time.

While there are physical limitations to players to defense (height , length, slow foot). Defensive physical limitations can still be made up by effort.

Trae young doesn’t even try. It’s pretty sad. We aren’t asking him to give 100% effort on defense because he’s the show on offense. But please. Give at least 20% of defensive effort sometimes.

Even the greats like Embiid. You can see when he takes plays off on defense. But you can see when he actually tries on defense. Of course I’m trying to compare opposites here. A center is more important on defense than a small guard

But small guards like Kyle Lowry who are even shorter than Trae show effort on defense.

Look at current Atlanta hawks. Cam Reddish wasn’t exactly known as defensive stopper in college at duke. But he’s really up his defensive game in the nba. Of course cam has a long more length than Trae. But it’s effort also.

John Collins is another guy who needs to step it up. Why doesn’t Collins switch over to guard Tobias Harris. Why is bodgon guarding Harris a lot. It makes zero sense. Harris is taller and stronger than bodgon. Put Collins on him. Or is Collins roaming guarding Ben Simmons who isn’t a true threat on offense as we all know. If that’s the case. Collins has to hard double team Embiid every time he has the ball. Forget Simmons. Capela can slide over to cut off the Simmons cut if he see Simmons cutting. Capela can cover that much ground when guarding Embiid.

What is Nate thinking when he’s thinking of defense schemes. The Sixers starters net offensive rating is some crazy 131 when they are on the floor. Hawks gotta do something.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,211

Post#1688 » by Michael Jackson » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:21 pm

CP War Hawks wrote:Hawks can't survive this series w/o its two best wing defenders. It's way too much pressure on Trae with Hill and Snell out there for extended time.

Don;'t you dare talk bad about Tony Snell. He came into the league as the predator, he is patient waiting for his moment to attack. He is reading the sixers heat signatures.

Buzzard
RealGM
And1: 7,522

Post#1689 » by Buzzard » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:11 pm

kuclas wrote:

While there are physical limitations to players to defense (height , length, slow foot). Defensive physical limitations can still be made up by effort.

Trae young doesn’t even try. It’s pretty sad. We aren’t asking him to give 100% effort on defense because he’s the show on offense. But please. Give at least 20% of defensive effort sometimes.
What is Nate thinking when he’s thinking of defense schemes. The Sixers starters net offensive rating is some crazy 131 when they are on the floor. Hawks gotta do something.

The Trae sucks on defense continues ( do people ever get tired of regurgitating the same garbage ) ...and now it looks like Nate sucks at coaching defense from your point of view. The Hawks should just be happy they won one game and take a 4 - 1 series loss as a moral victory :lol: ( sarcasm )

Solomon Hill is a 3rd SF/PF off the bench for any of these teams left in the playoffs. In a nutshell he has no business getting 30 minutes a game but here we are. McMillan has done wonders working around Hunter and Reddish's injuries ever since he took over. The competition is tougher now but I am not about to write him and Hawks off. Not even close...

Hawks hold serve at home; and Embiid is sweating bullets, having tissy fits, and looking tired the rest of the series.
BAF Pacers: Unleash Trae!

PG Ice Trae
SG Buddy Hield/Luke Kennard/Brandin Podziemski
SF OG Anunoby/Terrence Ross/Kris Murray
PF Richaun Holmes/JaMychal Green/Chris Livingston
C KAT/Mark Williams
kuclas
General Manager

Post#1690 » by kuclas » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:27 pm

Buzzard wrote:
kuclas wrote:

The Trae sucks on defense continues ( do people ever get tired of regurgitating the same garbage ) ...and now it looks like Nate sucks at coaching defense from your point of view. The Hawks should just be happy they won one game and take a 4 - 1 series loss as a moral victory :lol: ( sarcasm )

Solomon Hill is a 3rd SF/PF off the bench for any of these teams left in the playoffs. In a nutshell he has no business getting 30 minutes a game but here we are. McMillan has done wonders working around Hunter and Reddish's injuries ever since he took over. The competition is tougher now but I am not about to write him and Hawks off. Not even close...

Hawks hold serve at home; and Embiid is sweating bullets, having tissy fits, and looking tired the rest of the series.

Why isnt Collins guarding Harris? There are things the coach can do.

I know it sounds ridiculous. But putting trae on defense against simmons May be the best situation. Simmons post up game sucks unless he’s got a point blank layup or dunk. It’s better to have trae defend the low block vs Simmons. Than have capela defend the low block vs Embiid.
Buzzard
RealGM

Post#1691 » by Buzzard » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:45 pm

kuclas wrote:
Buzzard wrote:
kuclas wrote:While there are physical limitations to players to defense (height , length, slow foot). Defensive physical limitations can still be made up by effort.

I know it sounds ridiculous. But putting trae on defense against simmons May be the best situation. Simmons post up game sucks unless he’s got a point blank layup or dunk. It’s better to have trae defend the low block vs Simmons. Than have capela defend the low block vs Embiid.

I am not going to second guess Nate when he got a split in Philadelphia. The 76ers and Hawks finished up the season as two of the best 2nd half home teams in the league. There will be adjustments; but I also think a little home cooking is going to do Collins and Capela a lot of good.

PG Ice Trae
C KAT/Mark Williams
PrinceCliche
Sixth Man
And1: 720

Post#1692 » by PrinceCliche » Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:18 pm

I want ATL to beat Philly in 6.

Hawks win the next two at home, then Philly game 5 at home, ATL close 'em out in game 6.
ChinaInc
Junior
And1: 263

Post#1693 » by ChinaInc » Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:20 pm

PrinceCliche wrote:I want ATL to beat Philly in 6.

Hawks win the next two at home, then Philly game 5 at home, ATL close 'em out in game 6.

If I was a Nets fans I'd want the same.

Sixers have the best chance of beating them
PrinceCliche
Sixth Man
And1: 720

Post#1694 » by PrinceCliche » Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:21 pm

ChinaInc wrote:
PrinceCliche wrote:I want ATL to beat Philly in 6.

If I was a Nets fans I'd want the same.

Sixers have the best chance of beating them

Sixers don't want that smoke from Brooklyn.
Hussien Fatal
Veteran
And1: 1,383

Post#1695 » by Hussien Fatal » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:53 pm

Joel needs to stay outta foul trouble on the road, same thing with simmons. If they aren’t in foul trouble they should win pretty easily.
They call me Hussien Fatal its a two game table im robbin you **** cradle wit a knife in your navel....
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 41,034

Post#1696 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:03 pm

Embiid's post up stats are mind blowing

36.4% frequency
1.38ppp
68.6% score frequency
73% EFG

They're going up while playing against Capela, who is supposed to be a solid defender.
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,446

Post#1697 » by youngcrev » Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:53 pm

Read on Twitter
Sactowndog
Kings Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 1,706

Post#1698 » by Sactowndog » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:13 am

Buzzard wrote:
kuclas wrote:
Buzzard wrote:The Trae sucks on defense continues ( do people ever get tired of regurgitating the same garbage ) ...and now it looks like Nate sucks at coaching defense from your point of view. The Hawks should just be happy they won one game and take a 4 - 1 series loss as a moral victory :lol: ( sarcasm )

I am not going to second guess Nate when he got a split in Philadelphia. The 76ers and Hawks finished up the season as two of the best 2nd half home teams in the league. There will be adjustments; but I also think a little home cooking is going to do Collins and Capela a lot of good.

I love Nates coaching but it’s a fair question. Bogi is quite a bit shorter and lighter Harris. A couple times Harris just shot over him.
Buzzard
RealGM

Post#1699 » by Buzzard » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:24 am

Sactowndog wrote:
Buzzard wrote:
kuclas wrote:Why isnt Collins guarding Harris? There are things the coach can do.

I love Nates coaching but it’s a fair question. Bogi is quite a bit shorter and lighter Harris. A couple times Harris just shot over him.

Do you have the answer to the question?

PG Ice Trae
C KAT/Mark Williams
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,917

Post#1700 » by jayu70 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:00 am

Buzzard wrote:
Sactowndog wrote:
Buzzard wrote:I am not going to second guess Nate when he got a split in Philadelphia. The 76ers and Hawks finished up the season as two of the best 2nd half home teams in the league. There will be adjustments; but I also think a little home cooking is going to do Collins and Capela a lot of good.

Do you have the answer to the question?
IIRC,
Collins was the 'designated' doubler on Embiid, leaving Ben open from the perimter where we know he won't shoot it from.

Return to The General Board