Image ImageImage Image

Free Agent/Trade For PG Discussion

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

MalagaBulls
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,947
Location: Malaga, Spain (Where the Sun shines 300 days a year))

Re: Free Agent/Trade For PG Discussion 

Post#221 » by MalagaBulls » Sun Jun 6, 2021 5:51 pm

Read on Twitter
StunnerKO
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,143

Post#222 » by StunnerKO » Mon Jun 7, 2021 6:02 pm

John Wall and a pick for Aminu , Sato and Thad , Contract up same time as Vucci , reduced to 3rd potentially 4th option based on Pat
TheJordanRule
Veteran
And1: 1,253

Post#223 » by TheJordanRule » Mon Jun 7, 2021 6:10 pm

StunnerKO wrote:John Wall and a pick for Aminu , Sato and Thad , Contract up same time as Vucci , reduced to 3rd potentially 4th option based on Pat

Co-signed. If we want to bet on an elite ancient PG, this might be the best way.

:rockon:
PaKii94
RealGM
And1: 6,546

Post#224 » by PaKii94 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:54 am

I was thinking about it.... Ben Simmons would be a great fit at PG for us. His lack is shooting/scoring but that's what we have with Coby/Lavine. He'd bring playmaking and all NBA caliber defense and also provide a big defender for the perimeter stars. Unfortunately I don't know how we get him
waffle
RealGM
And1: 1,661
Location: Don't question the finger and do respect the black box. That is all.....

Post#225 » by waffle » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:43 pm

ooooooooooooh

I like your thinking

I have NO IDEA how we could get it done, though. How is Philly's cap situation going forward?
Tetlak
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,134

Post#226 » by Tetlak » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:47 pm

PaKii94 wrote:I was thinking about it.... Ben Simmons would be a great fit at PG for us. His lack is shooting/scoring but that's what we have with Coby/Lavine. He'd bring playmaking and all NBA caliber defense and also provide a big defender for the perimeter stars. Unfortunately I don't know how we get him

Our only shot would probably be a Pat + Coby package to be honest. I'm personally more interested in Tobias from that squad.
PaKii94
RealGM

Post#227 » by PaKii94 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:28 pm

Tetlak wrote:
PaKii94 wrote:I was thinking about it.... Ben Simmons would be a great fit at PG for us. His lack is shooting/scoring but that's what we have with Coby/Lavine. He'd bring playmaking and all NBA caliber defense and also provide a big defender for the perimeter stars. Unfortunately I don't know how we get him

Our only shot would probably be a Pat + Coby package to be honest. I'm personally more interested in Tobias from that squad.

Tobias is a nice player but his skillset overlaps our stars and doesn't help with any of the flaws.

I'd be willing to give up Coby but I'd really want to pair pat on the wing with Simmons
TheJordanRule
Veteran

Post#228 » by TheJordanRule » Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:47 pm

PaKii94 wrote:
Tetlak wrote:

Tobias is a nice player but his skillset overlaps our stars and doesn't help with any of the flaws.

I'd be willing to give up Coby but I'd really want to pair pat on the wing with Simmons

If we absolutely have to, we might as well give them the league renown highly desired Pat/Coby combo and finally bring our new superstar, Ben Simmons, into the fold. Haha! Tbh, I've done this before with players I really covet, so I can't really talk, but I think it's safe to say that a Coby + Pat package wouldn't get it done. Even a Coby + Pat + Vuce trade would be a longshot. Simmons is too good. If you really want a prayer at Simmons, grab one of the Top 3 most elite FAs, and try to swing a trade that way when Simmons is at his absolute lowest value. Even then... would love it if it happened guys. I'm right there with you. Unfortunate that we just need a more realistic game plan at a time when that realistic game plan doesn't exist.
PaKii94
RealGM

Post#229 » by PaKii94 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:10 pm

TheJordanRule wrote:
PaKii94 wrote:
Tetlak wrote:

If we absolutely have to, we might as well give them the league renown highly desired Pat/Coby combo and finally bring our new superstar, Ben Simmons, into the fold. Haha! Tbh, I've done this before with players I really covet, so I can't really talk, but I think it's safe to say that a Coby + Pat package wouldn't get it done. Even a Coby + Pat + Vuce trade would be a longshot. Simmons is too good. If you really want a prayer at Simmons, grab one of the Top 3 most elite FAs, and try to swing a trade that way when Simmons is at his absolute lowest value. Even then... would love it if it happened guys. I'm right there with you. Unfortunate that we just need a more realistic game plan at a time when that realistic game plan doesn't exist.

Yeah I know it's not nearly enough. That's why I said I have no idea on how to make it reasonably happen. But just watching him in the playoffs, Simmons is like the perfect fit. The blasphemous thought is trading Lavine for him (I'd rather trade vuc but he's obviously locked in).

Simmons/vuc and Lavine/embiid are more balanced pairings.

Simmons/Coby/____/PWill/vuc
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,649

Post#230 » by sco » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:17 pm

PaKii94 wrote:
TheJordanRule wrote:
PaKii94 wrote:

Yeah I know it's not nearly enough. That's why I said I have no idea on how to make it reasonably happen. But just watching him in the playoffs, Simmons is like the perfect fit. The blasphemous thought is trading Lavine for him (I'd rather trade vuc but he's obviously locked in).

Any Bulls starting line-up with Coby in it isn't going anywhere. Sure Simmons would have been nice, but all of that speculation ended when Doc took over. I think we have more chance at getting LBJ right now.
:clap:
pipfan
RealGM
And1: 3,360

Post#231 » by pipfan » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:30 pm

We would have to move into the top 4, and deal that pick and Williams for Simmons
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,649

Post#232 » by sco » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:36 pm

pipfan wrote:We would have to move into the top 4, and deal that pick and Williams for Simmons

That may not be enough, but I'd do that.
:clap:
TheJordanRule
Veteran

Post#233 » by TheJordanRule » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:46 pm

PaKii94 wrote:
TheJordanRule wrote:
PaKii94 wrote:

Simmons is absolutely incredible. To even have a puncher's chance we need Philly to lose. If they make it into the NBA Finals in spite of Embiid's injury issues, I don't see the Sixers swapping Simmons out at all unless a franchise puts up an ungodly amount of assets. He goes from commanding a king's ransom to near untouchable. If we can't grab Kawhi, we'd need to really HIT on our MLE signing and operate over the cap. Something like overpaying THT as much as possible and then finding out that he's a borderline all-star at age 21, or something else equally crazy.
nomorezorro
RealGM
And1: 8,886

Post#234 » by nomorezorro » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:40 pm

we would have to trade zach lavine to get ben simmons, end of conversation
WookieOnRitalin wrote:Game 1. It's where the series is truly 0-0.
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,083

Post#235 » by MrSparkle » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:44 pm

nomorezorro wrote:we would have to trade zach lavine to get ben simmons, end of conversation

I agree; that’d be the trade.

I’d consider it. The question’s simply... whether Simmons and these loose parts get anything done. Can he recruit?
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,233

Post#236 » by Dan Z » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:40 pm

sco wrote:
pipfan wrote:We would have to move into the top 4, and deal that pick and Williams for Simmons

I'd rather keep the top 4 pick and Williams than trade it for Simmons. If the Bulls get Cade or Suggs...they could be our point guard of the future. Or if we get Green he can play SG or SF. Mobley doesn't fit as well, but he project to be a very good player.

Simmons is a good player, but has his flaws. It seems like he gets exposed every year in the playoffs...you want a player like that?

We also save money by keeping the rookie. Let's say the Bulls get Cade and he has a good rookie season. That means the Bulls don't have to worry about the PG position as much as they are now. It gives them flexibility.
TheJordanRule
Veteran

Post#237 » by TheJordanRule » Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:03 pm

Dan Z wrote:
sco wrote:

I'd rather keep the top 4 pick and Williams than trade it for Simmons. If the Bulls get Cade or Suggs...they could be our point guard of the future. Or if we get Green he can play SG or SF. Mobley doesn't fit as well, but he project to be a very good player.

Simmons is a good player, but has his flaws. It seems like he gets exposed every year in the playoffs...you want a player like that?

We also save money by keeping the rookie. Let's say the Bulls get Cade and he has a good rookie season. That means the Bulls don't have to worry about the PG position as much as they are now. It gives them flexibility.

We'd have to do better than #4 to get a shot at Cade. He's the consensus #1 pick. He's not perfect, but he IS a 6 ft 8 monster at PG. Lucking into Cade would represent a dramatic shift in our fortunes. We would actually have a future if it happens.
CobyWhite0
Rookie
And1: 819

Post#238 » by CobyWhite0 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:20 pm

TheJordanRule wrote:
Dan Z wrote:
sco wrote:That may not be enough, but I'd do that.

We'd have to do better than #4 to get a shot at Cade. He's the consensus #1 pick. He's not perfect, but he IS a 6 ft 8 monster at PG. Lucking into Cade would represent a dramatic shift in our fortunes. We would actually have a future if it happens.

Where did he say, infer, or imply that we could get Cade at #4??

He gave a hypothetical that we get a top-4 pick, and proceeded to list every player in the consensus top-4, in the consensus order in which they are expected to be drafted.
TheJordanRule
Veteran

Post#239 » by TheJordanRule » Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:46 pm

CobyWhite0 wrote:
TheJordanRule wrote:
Dan Z wrote:

He gave a hypothetical that we get a top-4 pick, and proceeded to list every player in the consensus top-4, in the consensus order in which they are expected to be drafted.

To be clear, Dan Z NEVER suggested we could get Cade at #4. And although he DIDN'T, the casual understatement of, "Let's say we get Cade, and he has a good rookie season..." rubbed me the wrong way. Cade is a franchise changing talent. The other guys don't really come close right now. It's like saying, "Let's say your grandfather gives you 10 million dollars. Well, then you probably won't have to worry about your finances for the next month" Okay, that's true, but WHAT?! Cade is an absolute beast. Whereas giving away picks #2-4 + Pat to grab Ben Simmons would be a pipedream of the highest order, given what a crapshoot the draft is, what little Pat has accomplished, and how incredibly valuable Simmons is to not just the Sixers but around the league. But we're turning that down because... ???
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,233

Post#240 » by Dan Z » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:51 am

CobyWhite0 wrote:
TheJordanRule wrote:
Dan Z wrote:

Pipfan said: "We'd have to move into the top 4...". That suggests the Bulls anywhere from #1-4, which means Cade, Suggs, Mobley or Green. I wouldn't trade any of them plus Williams and salary for Simmons.

Return to Chicago Bulls