ImageImageImageImageImage

Who will the Knicks Target? Here's a List of REALISTIC Players

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Chislic
Rookie
And1: 385

Re: Who will the Knicks Target? Here's a List of REALISTIC Players 

Post#121 » by Chislic » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:50 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:Oubre is a poor mans wiggins

And Bullock is a poor mans Oubre? :o

Wiggins > Oubre > Bullock

Just looking for realistic talent upgrades. I totally get that there are better players. Sometimes you have to take a chance on guys. He seems like an interesting option.
Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,237

Post#122 » by Oscirus » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:52 pm

Rasho Brezec wrote:I would take John Wall and two 1st rounders for cap relief and Knox or Obi.

we still use obi, they can have knox and only knox. Sign and trade frankie smokes if they so desire
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 41,022

Post#123 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:30 pm

NYF13 wrote:For Myles Turner, can Charlotte beat this offer of HIGH 2nd Round pick plus Mitchell Robinson?

Yes, they can offer Miles Bridges or Monk, and their lottery pick. They need a center worse than we do, and truthfully I hope they don't get him, that would give them a 5 out offense.

The Wolves want him too.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,083

Post#124 » by moocow007 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:48 pm

Chislic wrote:

Just looking for realistic talent upgrades. I totally get that there are better players. Sometimes you have to take a chance on guys. He seems like an interesting option.

Yeah I agree here.

I think folks are still trying to get too perfect. They want Bullock's supposed good guy personality and role playing skillset merged into the uptick in Oubre's physical and overall basketball talent. And if they can't have that they would rather just sit on their hands waiting for that unicorn to drop.

As I've said before (on the NBNF podcast), folks need to stop being so worried about change and the unknown. That's why they have this front office and that's why they have this COY lead coaching staff that has managed to get EVERYONE to play above their talent level and EVERYONE to play as a team.

You gotta put some value in that and expect that they can offset the warts of a guy like Oubre.

Oubre would immediately be the 2nd most talented player on the Knicks team if he were here today. If he can be had for just a little more than MLE and costing the Knicks no assets to get him, you do it unless you can get someone better with that capspace [scans free agent list...squints...squints some more...shakes head roles shoulder shrugs].
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#125 » by moocow007 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:54 pm

RHODEY wrote:
Chislic wrote:If we strike out with big name talent, I'd like to see us at the very least upgrade talent. Go all in for 2022 offseason.

Payton (10.1pts, 3.4reb, 3.2ast) ----> Malcolm Brogdon (21.2pts, 5.3reb, 5.9ast) Pacers fire sale??
Noel (5.1pts, 6.4reb, 2.2blk) ----> Richaun Holmes (14.2pts, 8.3reb, 1.6 blk)
Bullock (10.9pts, 3.4reb) ----> Kelly Oubre jr (15.4pts, 6reb)

More offense, rebounding, assists, athleticism and youth.

Brogdon/Rose
RJ/Quickly
Oubre/Bullock
Randle/Toppin
Robinson/Holmes

So you consider going from a %41 3pt shooter to a %31.6 3pt shooter an upgrade?

If shooting was the only thing that matters no it wouldn't be an upgrade. But Oubre does trump Bullock in the one area that so happens to be the Knicks biggest weakness...talent.
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,281

Post#126 » by RHODEY » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:20 pm

moocow007 wrote:
RHODEY wrote:
Chislic wrote:If we strike out with big name talent, I'd like to see us at the very least upgrade talent. Go all in for 2022 offseason.

Payton (10.1pts, 3.4reb, 3.2ast) ----> Malcolm Brogdon (21.2pts, 5.3reb, 5.9ast) Pacers fire sale??

Brogdon/Rose
RJ/Quickly
Oubre/Bullock
Randle/Toppin
Robinson/Holmes

If shooting was the only thing that matters no it wouldn't be an upgrade. But Oubre does trump Bullock in the one area that so happens to be the Knicks biggest weakness...talent.

IMO Talent without the commensurate production is wasted talent. The Warriors version of Oubre is not something I would sign up for. And I feel like we can ultimately do better.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#127 » by moocow007 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:58 pm

RHODEY wrote:
moocow007 wrote:
RHODEY wrote:

IMO Talent without the commensurate production is wasted talent. The Warriors version of Oubre is not something I would sign up for. And I feel like we can ultimately do better.

Oubre is younger than Julius Randle and folks were not liking the previous versions of Randle either. There is a reason why so many teams are rumored to be very interested in Oubre. It's his ability to impact the game with the ball when he's in the game and what most team have come to realize that you need to have guys that can score on multiple levels in the NBA if you plan on competing with the big dogs. While no he's not lived up to his talent potential (see Randle up until this season) there is the talent and room to become more. Bullock? he is what he is and this past season, with Thibs pushing everyone to go above and beyond their norm, is likely going to be hard to reproduce. That is what Bullock is all likelihood. And we saw what the lack of versatile and talented offensive players does for a team come playoff time. If the plan was for Oubre to be the main guy then yeah, that's a potential disaster, but the Knicks are not. They have Randle and hopefully are aiming for a true no.1. So Oubre would serve what many of the Hawks players behind Trae serves...multi skilled and versatile offensive players that force you the opposing team to have to spend energy to guard...that has the talent to actually punch back when the opposing team throws their own. It's what ultimately doomed the Knicks...their lack of anyone that can thrown a punch on offense game in and game out. No he's not a great 3 point shooter but you don't need everyone on your team to be able to shoot 3's. It's great if they could but you need guys that can create baskets and not have to rely on someone else to get them set up. Yeah it would be great if we can get an Oubre level talent that can also shoot 3's real well and that doesn't have the Tsunami Papi personality quirks, but those are the top tier guys that we have no way of getting. And even if we could it doesn't mean that adding someone that has his talent but is not perfect isn't a good move...especially in today's NBA...
newyorker4ever
RealGM
And1: 4,545

Post#128 » by newyorker4ever » Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:06 pm

Capn'O wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
So you've moved IQ for one of them. Interesting.

Don’t shoot the messenger I’m just saying I think this is a realistic scenario for us lol

Not sure how I feel about Lonzo to be honest

I think it's a lineup that fits really, really well and still has some growth potential. We'd be battling for the 4 seed again, give or take but with a greater chance at advancing and challenging.

Just don't forget that a big reason why we got the 4th seed was because at least 3 teams in Boston, Miami and Toronto way under performed last year and all 3 will make additions this offseason and be better teams next year.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,041

Post#129 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:25 pm

moocow007 wrote:
Chislic wrote:

Yeah I agree here.

I think folks are still trying to get too perfect. They want Bullock's supposed good guy personality and role playing skillset merged into the uptick in Oubre's physical and overall basketball talent. And if they can't have that they would rather just sit on their hands waiting for that unicorn to drop.

As I've said before (on the NBNF podcast), folks need to stop being so worried about change and the unknown. That's why they have this front office and that's why they have this COY lead coaching staff that has managed to get EVERYONE to play above their talent level and EVERYONE to play as a team.

You gotta put some value in that and expect that they can offset the warts of a guy like Oubre.

Oubre would immediately be the 2nd most talented player on the Knicks team if he were here today. If he can be had for just a little more than MLE and costing the Knicks no assets to get him, you do it unless you can get someone better with that capspace [scans free agent list...squints...squints some more...shakes head roles shoulder shrugs].

I don’t think Oubre is good bro. I am all for getting talent upgrades as always but he is as dumb as a rock. I watched a bunch of games of his when he was in Phoenix and he gave me the impression of someone who just wants to pad his stats. He rarely looks to pass to the open man and he loves taking contested shots and shooting bricks. When Phoenix got rid of him I said they would be better off without him and so far it looks that way.
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
prophet_of_rage
RealGM
And1: 6,637

Post#130 » by prophet_of_rage » Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:37 pm

RHODEY wrote:

Brogdon/Rose
RJ/Quickly
Oubre/Bullock
Randle/Toppin
Robinson/Holmes

Oubre started out at GSW so poorly. He shot over 40 per cent most of the season.

Sent from my SM-N970W using Tapatalk
aggo
RealGM
And1: 5,523

Post#131 » by aggo » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:04 am

Oubre is not going to add 5 wins to this team. He's an upgraded Bullock in terms of production but does that really matter? He's not going to dynamically change the team imo because he doesnt address the biggest issues we have on offense: PNR ball handling, volume 3pt shooter w/ efficiency, dribble drive + kick guard, playmaking from the 3pt line.

If we're not going to trade for a star, we need to add guys who are going to significantly impact our offense beyond just camping the 3pt line. Oubre may have started out slow but his AST numbers for a ball movement offense are atrocious and we will be signing a guy who has at best only shown incremental improvement since hes been in the league. He had every opportunity to break out this year and has mostly stayed true to form as a role player. We need guys who can playmake, be consistent, and take ball handling pressure away from Randle. Oubre is not that.

I'd rather sign Derozan and I hate that dude's game.

Evan Fournier - dynamically changes the team. Fills an enormous need in 3pt shooting, playmaking and lets RJ slide to SF
Kyle Lowry - dynamically changes the team. We need a PNR pg that can play 30mpg
Ibaka - a backup that would add tremendous lineup flexibility
Will Barton
Dinwiddle
8516knicks
Head Coach
And1: 4,815

Post#132 » by 8516knicks » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:10 am

Pass on Oubre.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,134

Post#133 » by thebuzzardman » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:23 am

Ball
Walker
DeRozan
Oubre
Turner
Rozier

Can hardly wait for the rest of the offseason.
Ghetto Gospel
Veteran
And1: 2,534

Post#134 » by Ghetto Gospel » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:28 am

if Oubre can't be unlocked by steph, draymond and kerr, i'm pretty doubtful that thibs will unlock him
FreeSpiritNY
Veteran
And1: 1,285

Post#135 » by FreeSpiritNY » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:33 am

Knicks are going to do 1 of 4 things

Trade for Kemba

Trade for wall

Trade for Damien

Trade for a top draft pick

I am hope we some how get Suggs

I much rather trade 2-3 picks for a young player than a player with 2-3 years left

Now if we some how got butler kawhi and a top pg than I’m down. Which will never happen
aggo
RealGM
And1: 5,523

Post#136 » by aggo » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:39 am

I would not be opposed to Kemba but they would need to pay us.
Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,995

Post#137 » by Nazrmohamed » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:56 am

8516knicks wrote:Off your list I'd like Turner, Gordon (cheap) and maybe DeRozan (if cheap enough and we get a decent point guard). Of course I'd like DeAron but no chance he's gettable for what we have to give.

Wall, if we also get picks with him. Maybe Porter JR or Barnes, again if cheap enough.

Don't break the bank, go for 2nd round with healthy Mitch, a shooting big and more shooting/playmaking in the backcourt.

Edit to add: Kendrick Nunn, Robinson and Rachaun Holmes, all of which have been mentioned in the press. and Norman Powell, if gettable reasonably.

We got 7 picks in 3 yrs and they got Tyrese Hsliburton. I wouldn't rule ourselves out of Fox that easy.

But I do like that last paragraph cause I like the idea of a Nunn/Powell backcourt
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,134

Post#138 » by thebuzzardman » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:15 am

Add Nunn, Powell (or Fournier) & Oubre, try to get Turner

Trade RJ for a top 10 pick in this draft, move Mitch in the trade for Turner.
Resign Rose
N Y K
RealGM
And1: 8,451

Post#139 » by N Y K » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:59 am

I just want capable shooters and shot creators
WargamesX
General Manager
And1: 6,478

Post#140 » by WargamesX » Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:02 am

I think the Knicks operate the same way they have the last few years. Nothing about this season or this FA screams “go all in”.

I do think they grab Nunn long term (4 year’s with a last year team option), and offer Oubre a Marcus Morris 1 year, 20 Mil deal to then trade him for a worst expiring player on a similar deal on a contender.

Oubre has taken short deals before and as long as he is healthy taking a short balloon deal isn’t a bad move. Especially if the Knicks promise him a starter role to increase his stock.
Matthew 6:5
Luke 15:3-7

Return to New York Knicks