Re: Sam Darnold Still Deciding Whether To Get COVID-19 Vaccine

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Sam Darnold Still Deciding Whether To Get COVID-19 Vaccine 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Jun 9, 2021 8:56 pm

Sam Darnold revealed he has yet to receive a COVID-19 vaccine and that he\'s still evaluating the situation.

The Carolina Panthers traded for Darnold in the offseason.

Matt Rhule has said he is not telling any players they have to get the vaccine. 

Via David Newton/ESPN

Barcs
Veteran
And1: 712

Post#2 » by Barcs » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:06 pm

There will come a time when teams will require vaccination. Why would anybody invest long-term in a player that could catch COVID and end his career or miss months of game time over it. Maybe Darnold doesn't believe in germ theory? Wouldn't be surprised considering he's the only NFL player I've ever heard of getting MONO. Glad we traded that bum.
SELL THE TEAM, JIM!!! :curse:
PHXCavaliers
Sophomore
And1: 18

Post#3 » by PHXCavaliers » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:40 am

Barcs wrote:There will come a time when teams will require vaccination. Why would anybody invest long-term in a player that could catch COVID and end his career or miss months of game time over it. Maybe Darnold doesn't believe in germ theory? Wouldn't be surprised considering he's the only NFL player I've ever heard of getting MONO. Glad we traded that bum.

So you are trying to say people who are vaccinated cant get Covid 19? Id do some research on the vaccine you are taking my guy then come back and have a big boy talk
Barcs
Veteran
And1: 712

Post#4 » by Barcs » Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:52 pm

PHXCavaliers wrote:
Barcs wrote:There will come a time when teams will require vaccination. Why would anybody invest long-term in a player that could catch COVID and end his career or miss months of game time over it. Maybe Darnold doesn't believe in germ theory? Wouldn't be surprised considering he's the only NFL player I've ever heard of getting MONO. Glad we traded that bum.

So you are trying to say people who are vaccinated cant get Covid 19? Id do some research on the vaccine you are taking my guy then come back and have a big boy talk

Nice straw man. The vaccine is designed to make the virus less deadly. It's something like 95% effective in preventing life threatening symptoms, you know the ones that can have long term heart & brain effects. Why would anybody invest long term in a player who is much more susceptible to damage their body in that way? The vaccine reduces transmission rate as well.

:banghead:
SELL THE TEAM, JIM!!! :curse:

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion