ImageImageImage

MIAMI HEAT Offseason Thread 2021

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,027

Re: MIAMI HEAT Offseason Thread 2021 

Post#621 » by twix2500 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:38 pm

Heat interest in Kelly Outre, likely to replace iggy role. Similar to J Richardson. Image

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
twix2500
RealGM

Post#622 » by twix2500 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:41 pm

twix2500 wrote:Heat interest in Kelly Outre, likely to replace iggy role. Similar to J Richardson. Image

My running theory is the Heat wants to trade Iggy and Dragic in return get Lowry and a second player for around 10 mill per.

PG: Lowry - Dipo
SG: Butler - Herro
SF: Robinson - Oubre or Richardson
PF:_______ - Okpala
Ce: Adebayo - Achiuwa

Dc__20
Junior
And1: 753

Post#623 » by Dc__20 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:04 pm

I hope we keep dipo. In the 2 games he played I like his speed and defence.
twix2500
RealGM

Post#624 » by twix2500 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:16 pm

Dc__20 wrote:I hope we keep dipo. In the 2 games he played I like his speed and defence.
I think its all up to Dipo and if he offered something substantial by another team. Riley said he looking to revisit Dipo in August

carnageta
Veteran
And1: 6,919

Post#625 » by carnageta » Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:00 pm

Kelly Oubre? We have our power forward of the future, ladies and gentlemen.

Spo is going to have a field day.
carnageta
Veteran
And1: 6,919

Post#626 » by carnageta » Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:02 pm

We didn’t trade for CP3 or Gallo because of, Kelly bad boy Oubre. Dam sun.
Beenie
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,255

Post#627 » by Beenie » Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:34 pm

Oubre hasn't played more than 56 games the last 4 years.

I like Oubre, but not for a dime more than the MLE.

And he certainly shouldn't be prioritized.
HeatIn5
General Manager
And1: 18,357

Post#628 » by HeatIn5 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:39 pm

Zeno wrote:
HerroBalls wrote:
Zeno wrote:Is an opted in Dragic plus Iggy for Porzingas a possible trade for you guys or is that just too much of a dice roll for you guys? If you could get him right, Porzingas would fit in nicely in theory..Maybe you could get a Dallas 2025 thrown in for taking the extra years that could be used for an upgrade somewhere on the roster...I'm pretty sure you guys aggressively shoot this idea down...

I’d do that

Lowry/McConnell or Nunn
Duncan/Herro
Jimmy/FA Wing
Bam/FA stretch 4
Porzingis/Dedmon

Would be a solid team

What would you be trading for Lowry? I don't think the MLE would get it done. Dude is a businessman.

We have the 5th most cap room, we sign him first, then bring back Duncan, then sign the other 2 with exceptions. , trade last
Read on Twitter
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 71,298

Post#629 » by Wiltside » Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:40 pm

Kelly Woybre. Could be worse I guess, and he'd be an upgrade for sure...but man, depressing that this is what 2021 offseason is coming to.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 71,298

Post#630 » by Wiltside » Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:41 pm

I don't think I've ever seen gom this pessimistic either. Shambles.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
Chalm Down
RealGM
And1: 132,723

Post#631 » by Chalm Down » Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:49 pm

Wiltside wrote:I don't think I've ever seen gom this pessimistic either. Shambles.

This is what happens when you get kermit'ed in the first round
Bishop45 wrote:"Let Iggie start the season brehs, was the wors that could happen"
Zeno
RealGM
And1: 19,581

Post#632 » by Zeno » Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:57 pm

HerroBalls wrote:
Zeno wrote:
HerroBalls wrote:
I’d do that

Lowry/McConnell or Nunn
Duncan/Herro
Jimmy/FA Wing
Bam/FA stretch 4
Porzingis/Dedmon

Would be a solid team

What would you be trading for Lowry? I don't think the MLE would get it done. Dude is a businessman.

We have the 5th most cap room, we sign him first, then bring back Duncan, then sign the other 2 with exceptions. , trade last

Just like the Raptors capspace is tied to renouncing Lowry, Baynes and Hood so is the Heat’s capspace. They can’t use their capspace without losing Dragic and Iggy first.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 144,292

Post#633 » by MettaWorldPanda » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:05 am

Wiltside wrote:Kelly Woybre. Could be worse I guess, and he'd be an upgrade for sure...but man, depressing that this is what 2021 offseason is coming to.

Tsunami Papi not coming here. Media loves to floss our name with every free agent. He’ll be looking to get a deal above the mid level and will want a starting 2 or 3 spot.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#634 » by MettaWorldPanda » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:15 am

twix2500 wrote:
twix2500 wrote:Heat interest in Kelly Outre, likely to replace iggy role. Similar to J Richardson. Image

My running theory is the Heat wants to trade Iggy and Dragic in return get Lowry and a second player for around 10 mill per.

PG: Lowry - Dipo
SG: Butler - Herro
SF: Robinson - Oubre or Richardson
PF:_______ - Okpala
Ce: Adebayo - Achiuwa

I agree about working a deal of Dragic and Iggy for Lowry but for that to happen that means we are working as a capped team. Meaning no money to spend on free agents aside from mid level. Oubre will probably get much higher then a mid level. Maybe even 12-15 per and doubt he has interest in coming off the bench. Our mid level most likely goes to a big unless we somehow get the Raps to throw in Baynes. Raps will probably want Achuiwa and Okpala. I’m good with that.
contract
RealGM
And1: 20,715

Post#635 » by contract » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:19 am

SA37 wrote:
The Bunk wrote:
SA37 wrote:
The question is: who does Miami have to renounce to get to $27M in space?

It is hard to see a scenario where Miami doesn’t opt-in on both Dragic and Iguodala and bring Ariza back. Ariza played well for Miami and Miami really can’t do better for ~MLE money. I don’t think Miami quits on Oladipo unless his contract demands are out of touch with reality.

Dragic - Oladipo
Butler / Herro
Ariza / Iguodala
Bam / Achiuwa
??? / ???

Miami would still have decisions to make on Nunn and Robinson. Miami would have the MLE and BAE to add frontcourt help:

N Noel - K Olynyk - C Zeller - R Lopez - B Marjanovic - D Theis - J McGee - P Millsap - D Dedmon - M Muscala - D Howard - F Kaminsky - E Kanter - A Len

Miami could try to acquire Lowry via S&T with Dragic and Robinson going to a 3rd team.

Miami could then try to use Nunn and Iguodala to get Al Horford.

Use the MLE on Rudy Gay, D McDermott, or Otto Porter Jr and the BAE on Millsap

Lowry / Oladipo
Butler / Herro
Ariza / Gay, McDermott, or Porter Jr
Bam / Millsap / Achiuwa
Horford / Dedmon (?)

Thats another Miami Heat........first round exit.

Possibly.

I don’t think Miami is as bad as a 1st rd exit might lead some to believe just like Miami making the Finals didn’t make Miami a perennial title contender.

The reality is Riley is highly unlikely to blow the team up and, even if he were more inclined to do so, Miami’s draft pick situation is not optimal for it. The other side of that is Miami’s ability to improve the roster is limited by its limited draft assets.

Lowry could be Miami’s Chris Paul if he decided to sign with the Heat. Oladipo could make a full recovery and be 100% by January. Herro could make the strides he didn’t make this past summer. There are good players who might become available via trade or free agency, like Beal, DeRozan, Porzingis, Kemba Walker, M Turner, M Brogdon, KAT, B Simmon, D Lillard…etc.

Miami can upgrade its roster to be a realistic contender for the next 2-3 years, which is about as much as you can expect from any franchise. When you are that close to contending, you don’t blow it up to see if lotto balls go your way for draft picks you may not get to keep.

I agree that it makes no sense to give up on trying to contend, but absent a star forcing his way here, we're not realistic contenders. Absent a star forcing his way here, we're going to have to pull off an upset just to reach the conference finals.

We're currently in a position where we can expect some rotation players to decline at roughly the same rate as other younger rotation players improve. I don't see an obvious way to improve significantly. Hopefully Pat does.
:meditate: Team Small Ball :meditate:
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,191

Post#636 » by Bishop45 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:07 am

Wiltside wrote:Kelly Woybre. Could be worse I guess, and he'd be an upgrade for sure...but man, depressing that this is what 2021 offseason is coming to.

Winnie over Woybre
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
SA37
RealGM
And1: 7,052

Post#637 » by SA37 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:08 am

contract wrote:
Spoiler:
SA37 wrote:
The Bunk wrote:
Thats another Miami Heat........first round exit.

Possibly.

I don’t think Miami is as bad as a 1st rd exit might lead some to believe just like Miami making the Finals didn’t make Miami a perennial title contender.

The reality is Riley is highly unlikely to blow the team up and, even if he were more inclined to do so, Miami’s draft pick situation is not optimal for it. The other side of that is Miami’s ability to improve the roster is limited by its limited draft assets.

Lowry could be Miami’s Chris Paul if he decided to sign with the Heat. Oladipo could make a full recovery and be 100% by January. Herro could make the strides he didn’t make this past summer. There are good players who might become available via trade or free agency, like Beal, DeRozan, Porzingis, Kemba Walker, M Turner, M Brogdon, KAT, B Simmon, D Lillard…etc.

Miami can upgrade its roster to be a realistic contender for the next 2-3 years, which is about as much as you can expect from any franchise. When you are that close to contending, you don’t blow it up to see if lotto balls go your way for draft picks you may not get to keep.

I agree that it makes no sense to give up on trying to contend, but absent a star forcing his way here, we're not realistic contenders. Absent a star forcing his way here, we're going to have to pull off an upset just to reach the conference finals.

We're currently in a position where we can expect some rotation players to decline at roughly the same rate as other younger rotation players improve. I don't see an obvious way to improve significantly. Hopefully Pat does.

Stars are in short supply, especially the franchise-changing variety. However, there are a few who may become available this summer: Kawhi, Lillard, Beal, Ben Simmons, DeMar DeRozan, Kyle Lowry.

Plus you have All-star calibre guys who are also likely to be available: Kemba Walker, Kristaps Porzingis, Malcolm Brogdon, Myles Turner, Al Horford (granted, his best days may be behind him).

Of the guys mentioned above, I think Miami has a real shot at getting Lowry, DeRozan, and Beal (if he were to try to force his exit from Washington).

Being optimistic, but conservative, if Miami manages to get Lowry and re-signs Oladipo, you’re talking about a Miami team that would feature 4 players in the top-50 in the league, 2 of whom are arguably in the top-25.

Miami is going to have to model itself after Utah and Phoenix, not Brooklyn, the Clippers, or the Lakers.
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,433

Post#638 » by gom » Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:13 am

Chalm Down wrote:
Wiltside wrote:I don't think I've ever seen gom this pessimistic either. Shambles.

This is what happens when you get kermit'ed in the first round

I'm actually happy to be out now. I can't imagine how we would have looked against the Nets. Losing by 30 to the Bucks was hard but there is always worse.
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#639 » by MettaWorldPanda » Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:14 am

Raps trade C Aron Baynes and S&T PG Kyle Lowry for PG Goran Dragic, SF Andre Iguodala, and PF Precious Achuiwa. Achuiwa is the cost of doing business for the Raps helping facilitate S&T. We get a center in Baynes who can play with Bam. Trade allows us to fill other needs with MLE and Bi annual.
Flash4thewin
RealGM
And1: 7,984

Post#640 » by Flash4thewin » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:23 am

MettaWorldPanda wrote:Raps trade C Aron Baynes and S&T PG Kyle Lowry for PG Goran Dragic, SF Andre Iguodala, and PF Precious Achuiwa. Achuiwa is the cost of doing business for the Raps helping facilitate S&T. We get a center in Baynes who can play with Bam. Trade allows us to fill other needs with MLE and Bi annual.

The Raps will laugh at that. If we get Lowry it will be with Cap space. The Raps have made their terms clear, they want Herro for any Lowry trade. They are clearly ok with letting him walk, so that means we need to renounce everyone except Duncan and Nunn, but that also means we need to match whatever they get in free agency.

Return to Miami Heat