Portland & Orlando

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,025

Re: Portland & Orlando 

Post#21 » by Scoot McGroot » Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:44 pm

BK_2020 wrote:This is a pretty good trade for Orlando.

Agreed. Orlando should DEFINITELY do this trade. They get MUCH better immediately.

Obviously, there's no reason for Portland to make this deal.

Myth wrote:
BlazersBroncos wrote:This offer wouldnt get Portland to even pick up the phone.

How would Portland know the offer before picking up the phone? That is impressive.

:clap:

This was the first thing that popped in my head as I read that one.
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM
And1: 15,072

Post#22 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:50 pm

Not even remotely close to being close for Portland.
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,251

Post#23 » by JRoy » Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:54 pm

xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:Not even remotely close to being close for Portland.

“2 picks away from being 2 picks away”
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 31,982

Post#24 » by jbk1234 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:49 am

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:What I think an actual Orlando offer could look like:

Harris, Bamba, Anthony, RJ, 3, 8, 2023 Chicago 1st, 2023 Orlando 1st, 2025 Orlando 1st, 2025 Denver 1st
I doubt the Magic would make an actual offer given Dame's age, contract, and likely displeasure getting shipped there. But either way, they shouldn't offer all of that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Commodor
Analyst
And1: 957

Post#25 » by Commodor » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:39 am

If Orlando had kept Gordon, Fournier and vooch and traded their youth for Lillard it would have made a lot more sense all around.

Can’t see Lillard in Orlando at this point.
Resistance
General Manager
And1: 3,364

Post#26 » by Resistance » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:59 am

If Clifford just left because they are going to rebuild, then trading for Lillard goes completely against what Orlando has been signaling going back to the Gordon,Vucevic and Fournier trades during the season.

I understand if they get an amazing deal from Portland, then Orlando could keep him for a short interval and flip him to capture the value that Portland foolishly gave away. Since trading Lillard is going to be a huge event for Portland, I doubt that they are going to take just any offer such as a lowball from Orlando.
wolves_89
Head Coach
And1: 3,925

Post#27 » by wolves_89 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:05 am

There is just no realistic Magic offer for Lillard that doesn't include the Orlando 2021 1st (plus a huge amount of additional value).
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,251

Post#28 » by JRoy » Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:07 am

Commodor wrote:If Orlando had kept Gordon, Fournier and vooch and traded their youth for Lillard it would have made a lot more sense all around.

Isaac is the only really interesting piece ORL has. Unfortunately his value takes a hit because of his health issues.
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
Prospect Dong
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,122

Post#29 » by Prospect Dong » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:58 am

JRoy wrote:
Commodor wrote:If Orlando had kept Gordon, Fournier and vooch and traded their youth for Lillard it would have made a lot more sense all around.

Isaac is the only really interesting piece ORL has. Unfortunately his value takes a hit because of his health issues.

I don't think Lillard to Orlando makes much sense, directionally, unless the magic somehow steal another star to pair with him. If they were doing it, I'd think the offer starts with #3 (if that's where they end up) and Fultz to balance the rosters. That's still a bit short, but maybe not way off if Portland are trading Dame - and maybe they should.

You're not getting much credit for Bamba - if you like him you should keep him. If you could do #3+#7 or 8 and just send back Fultz, I actually think that's close to the best offer Portland would get, if it's a rebuilding package they want. But I don't think you can easily make up the value of the #3 by throwing in a bunch of future picks and second tier prospects.
"shooting free throws in the ACC is much tougher"

KawhiRaptors

Return to Trades and Transactions