DWade urging Jazz to make FO changes-New tweet

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,737

DWade urging Jazz to make FO changes-New tweet 

Post#1 » by AingesBurner » Tue Jun 8, 2021 12:14 am

I wonder if this has to do with the DL-Millsap debacle? Does he think we need a more aggressive FO? Wonder if changes will be coming.

Read on Twitter
Ingles is cooked.
ForeverRDjazz
Starter
And1: 541

Re: DWade urging Jazz to make FO changes 

Post#2 » by ForeverRDjazz » Tue Jun 8, 2021 12:17 am

GobertReport wrote:I wonder if this has to do with the DL-Millsap debacle? Does he think we need a more aggressive FO? Wonder if changes will be coming.
Maybe D Wade is looking for another job? Jazz FO has made some good moves. DM and Rudy and Quin and few good role players and had best record in west all while battling few injuries. Not sure how much change I'd like to see?
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#3 » by AingesBurner » Tue Jun 8, 2021 12:23 am

ForeverRDjazz wrote:
GobertReport wrote:I wonder if this has to do with the DL-Millsap debacle? Does he think we need a more aggressive FO? Wonder if changes will be coming.
Maybe D Wade is looking for another job? Jazz FO has made some good moves. DM and Rudy and Quin and few good role players and had best record in west all while battling few injuries. Not sure how much change I'd like to see?

Maybe. If FO changes are made I hope it’s a good hire and not a woke hire.
Ingles is cooked.
vryadli
Rookie
And1: 357

Post#4 » by vryadli » Tue Jun 8, 2021 2:06 am

I think it is most awkward time to talk about any changes. When team has to be as a single entity focused on beating Clippers to introduce certain distraction and uncertain confusion... that is beyond my comprehension.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,280

Post#5 » by babyjax13 » Tue Jun 8, 2021 2:43 am

God this has Danny Ainge written all over it. This is stupid, I get why we brought Wade in, but it's completely inappropriate to have all these leaks about sacking the FO when we are competing for a championship.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#6 » by AingesBurner » Tue Jun 8, 2021 2:50 am

babyjax13 wrote:God this has Danny Ainge written all over it. This is stupid, I get why we brought Wade in, but it's completely inappropriate to have all these leaks about sacking the FO when we are competing for a championship.

Jeez, that would be crazy if Danny Ainge was leaking fake info to get a job. Now if it’s Wade, I wonder if the Jazz had some chances to improve the team but they didn’t want give up the picks needed and Wade heard about it.
Ingles is cooked.
Crunch 99
General Manager
And1: 3,679

Post#7 » by Crunch 99 » Tue Jun 8, 2021 3:14 am

How about a link to the story?
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#8 » by AingesBurner » Tue Jun 8, 2021 3:23 am

Ingles is cooked.
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#9 » by babyjax13 » Tue Jun 8, 2021 4:07 am

GobertReport wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:God this has Danny Ainge written all over it. This is stupid, I get why we brought Wade in, but it's completely inappropriate to have all these leaks about sacking the FO when we are competing for a championship.

Jeez, that would be crazy if Danny Ainge was leaking fake info to get a job. Now if it’s Wade, I wonder if the Jazz had some chances to improve the team but they didn’t want give up the picks needed and Wade heard about it.

Ainge is leaking crap all the time. I doubt he is leaking it in the sense that he just made it up, but I bet he did have a conversation with Wade about working for Utah and told a reporter who then ran with it.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#10 » by AingesBurner » Tue Jun 8, 2021 4:10 am

babyjax13 wrote:
GobertReport wrote:

Ainge is leaking crap all the time. I doubt he is leaking it in the sense that he just made it up, but I bet he did have a conversation with Wade about working for Utah and told a reporter who then ran with it.

For sure, guess we will see.
Ingles is cooked.
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#11 » by babyjax13 » Tue Jun 8, 2021 4:24 am

GobertReport wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:
GobertReport wrote:

Fischer (the person who wrote this) went to college in Boston. He has mainly been a reporter for the Sixers, but it makes sense that he'd have a connection to Ainge - more likely than an actual connection to the Jazz. Usually when you source these things there is a possible connection to Boston media.

JColl
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#12 » by AingesBurner » Tue Jun 8, 2021 4:31 am

babyjax13 wrote:
GobertReport wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:

Fischer (the person who wrote this) went to college in Boston. He has mainly been a reporter for the Sixers, but it makes sense that he'd have a connection to Ainge - more likely than an actual connection to the Jazz. Usually when you source these things there is a possible connection to Boston media.

If that’s the case, I would say you’re right.
Ingles is cooked.
Denizfeital
Starter
And1: 198

Post#13 » by Denizfeital » Tue Jun 8, 2021 12:12 pm

Wow, I am glad nobody called that an "article". Story is enough. I could have done a better job posting that on my Twitter account.

It has no quotes from Wade whatsoever. Basically saying that there have been whispers here and there...

"It’s going to be hard to shake up a front office that has built such a successful team, but if the Jazz lose to the Clippers, Wade may have an argument that some things need to be changed." Yup, I myself also can make that argument. :D :D

Regards,
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#14 » by AingesBurner » Tue Jun 8, 2021 2:53 pm

Denizfeital wrote:Wow, I am glad nobody called that an "article". Story is enough. I could have done a better job posting that on my Twitter account.

It has no quotes from Wade whatsoever. Basically saying that there have been whispers here and there...

"It’s going to be hard to shake up a front office that has built such a successful team, but if the Jazz lose to the Clippers, Wade may have an argument that some things need to be changed." Yup, I myself also can make that argument. :D :D

Regards,

Sources are usually not revealed in stories like this one.
Ingles is cooked.
stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Post#15 » by stitches » Tue Jun 8, 2021 4:11 pm

I have no idea who this person is and no idea about his reliability as a reporter. This makes no sense at all. So you get Wade as a new part owner and he wants to do something about issues of racism in the FO. So what's the move you make - well obviously get the guy who had to leave his job in Boston partly precisely because of his insensitivity to handling issues of racism in Boston. Makes ZERO sense.

Now I see that he actually has connections to Boston media market and Ainge and I doubt he has much of a sourcing from within the Jazz. Again... makes zero sense... unless he's carrying water for someone particular... someone of the Boston market that just found himself without a job.
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#16 » by AingesBurner » Tue Jun 8, 2021 5:17 pm

stitches wrote:I have no idea who this person is and no idea about his reliability as a reporter. This makes no sense at all. So you get Wade as a new part owner and he wants to do something about issues of racism in the FO. So what's the move you make - well obviously get the guy who had to leave his job in Boston partly precisely because of his insensitivity to handling issues of racism in Boston. Makes ZERO sense.

Now I see that he actually has connections to Boston media market and Ainge and I doubt he has much of a sourcing from within the Jazz. Again... makes zero sense... unless he's carrying water for someone particular... someone of the Boston market that just found himself without a job.

I think we figured that was the likely conclusion.
Ingles is cooked.
erudite23
Lead Assistant
And1: 659

Post#17 » by erudite23 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:33 am

This story is probably trash, but I HOPE this has to do with establishing more of a commitment to actually winning a championship than to being a winning basketball team.

I think the last 20 years of Jazz basketball shows pretty clearly that this franchise is more interested in staying out of the bottom of the standings than they are in building a true championship contender. They have pinched pennies and held onto spending power that could have been a difference maker for them at times. And they have not taken any real big risks. The Conley trade is probably the biggest one they've taken--a low cost trade for a proven borderline All Star on the backside of his prime. The only real risk was a couple years of paying out a large $$ for dwindling productivity. Which was highly unlikely given how good Conley had been for such a long time. So even the riskiest move they have made was fairly low risk.

When the Jazz have a chance to go above and beyond to push themselves from playoff contender to championship contender, they have consistently passed it up in favor of maintaining "fiscal responsibility." Ultimately this is why we have not been a serious contender even one time since 2000.

So if that's the change, bring it.
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#18 » by AingesBurner » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:26 am

erudite23 wrote:This story is probably trash, but I HOPE this has to do with establishing more of a commitment to actually winning a championship than to being a winning basketball team.

I think the last 20 years of Jazz basketball shows pretty clearly that this franchise is more interested in staying out of the bottom of the standings than they are in building a true championship contender. They have pinched pennies and held onto spending power that could have been a difference maker for them at times. And they have not taken any real big risks. The Conley trade is probably the biggest one they've taken--a low cost trade for a proven borderline All Star on the backside of his prime. The only real risk was a couple years of paying out a large $$ for dwindling productivity. Which was highly unlikely given how good Conley had been for such a long time. So even the riskiest move they have made was fairly low risk.

When the Jazz have a chance to go above and beyond to push themselves from playoff contender to championship contender, they have consistently passed it up in favor of maintaining "fiscal responsibility." Ultimately this is why we have not been a serious contender even one time since 2000.

If the story is true, I can see DWade knowing we didn’t push for a trade that could have been made to improve us but #chemistry.... We really needed someone to replace Georges Niang, he has been ass in the playoffs, and is the player I thought he was, non athletic, slow shooter. Have to remember that DWade is used to Pat Riley, a win at all costs guy, and DL is not that guy.
Ingles is cooked.
vryadli
Rookie
And1: 357

Post#19 » by vryadli » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:40 am

erudite23 wrote:This story is probably trash, but I HOPE this has to do with establishing more of a commitment to actually winning a championship than to being a winning basketball team.

Yes, there a lot of superstars literally begging to play for Jazz, and they just sent them all off, just to spare a couple of bucks. Unforgivable!

Actually, Jazz men are so timid and awkward on market games, that they basically have no choice but set for second best option - winning on the court. But even if they will get the ring, gosh, even if they got 5 - like SA, that's still just weak redemption.
Cappy_Smurf
Head Coach
And1: 9,623

Post#20 » by Cappy_Smurf » Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:08 am

GobertReport wrote:
stitches wrote:I have no idea who this person is and no idea about his reliability as a reporter. This makes no sense at all. So you get Wade as a new part owner and he wants to do something about issues of racism in the FO. So what's the move you make - well obviously get the guy who had to leave his job in Boston partly precisely because of his insensitivity to handling issues of racism in Boston. Makes ZERO sense.

I think we figured that was the likely conclusion.

And yet you started this thread as if it was a legitimate story. A little common sense should tell you that nobody in their right mind would be pushing for FO changes right now considering the circumstances.

This is just more trash from outside the organization similar to the story about Mitchell and Rudy being unsalvageable after the covid incident or Mitchell's relationship being damaged because he didn't play in game 1 against Memphis. These are attempts to try and stir up trouble in Utah in hopes Mitchell will want out so that somebody else can swoop in and steal him.

Not the first garbage attempt to **** with what Utah has going and it won't be the last. Not really thread worthy and at the very least, you should mention in the OP that the claim is likely bull ****.
Dwayne "smells like" Bacon, A.K.A. The Policeman.

Dude needs to wear #50, that way when he's on the fast break, everybody can yell "Here comes five-oh!"

Return to Utah Jazz