Post#1 » by E S V L » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:15 pm

FK NFL
Whole Truth
Head Coach
And1: 3,687

Re: Match 2022 FA with Memphis cap space 

Post#2 » by Whole Truth » Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:46 pm

With varying degrees of rational risk/reward

Butler - on court value & fit, yes but I have concerns with his off court issues, no

Draft - Christopher at 17.

Jonas/Tillman
3J/Anderoson - Clarke?
Butler/Bane
Brooks/Allen - #17 Christopher
Ja/Melton - Jones ?

Ingles - handles & 3pt shooting next to Brooks, helps put a hole on the Jazz roster for the owed 22 pick

Targets that could add potential & value through free agency not seen as difference makers.

Powell -
Covington -
Ball -

Chris Boucher/Mitch Robinson - if Memphis trade 3J for Brown
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,978

Post#3 » by VCfor3 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:37 pm

I'd be okay with Ingles as a vet/glue guy type depending on what other moves we make. I still would be good with Powell as long as it was through FA and not a trade. I also wonder if our cap space could be used for assets this offseason.

I'd try really really hard to move the whole war chest for Brown in order to pair him with Ja and JJJ if possible. JJJ as a third guy instead of a second guy on a contender is much more reasonable and we'd have a big three to build around. Moving JJJ for Brown helps us, but we'd still be looking for a third star-type guy I feel like.
E S V L
Analyst
And1: 960

Post#4 » by E S V L » Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:00 pm

VCfor3 wrote:I'd be okay with Ingles as a vet/glue guy type depending on what other moves we make. I still would be good with Powell as long as it was through FA and not a trade. I also wonder if our cap space could be used for assets this offseason.

I'd try really really hard to move the whole war chest for Brown in order to pair him with Ja and JJJ if possible. JJJ as a third guy instead of a second guy on a contender is much more reasonable and we'd have a big three to build around. Moving JJJ for Brown helps us, but we'd still be looking for a third star-type guy I feel like.

We all have a rare remarkable consensus on Jaylen Brown here.
FK NFL
bobobolas10
Senior
And1: 307

Post#5 » by bobobolas10 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:36 am

I dont get why you guys give up on JJJ. He comes from a injury that kept him away for a full season, he is younger that J.Morant. Give me a few more injuries and problems off the court and I might consider he is done, but for now, he has a bright future.
"Take that for Data!"
E S V L
Analyst
And1: 960

Post#6 » by E S V L » Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:54 pm

bobobolas10 wrote:I dont get why you guys give up on JJJ. He comes from a injury that kept him away for a full season, he is younger that J.Morant. Give me a few more injuries and problems off the court and I might consider he is done, but for now, he has a bright future.

Nobody is giving up on JJJ here. We are considering options. Mostly because Ja looks "ready-to-go". In case of Jaylen Brown, we become contenders in 2021/2022 and years ahead. Ja - Brooks - Brown would be a nasty backcourt, wouldn`t you agree?
FK NFL

Return to Memphis Grizzlies