DAL/GSW - Porzingis for Wiggins

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

JD45
General Manager
And1: 261

Re: DAL/GSW - Porzingis for Wiggins 

Post#21 » by JD45 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:55 am

I think Wiggins could be a fit on the Mavs. He would give them more size on the wing than THJ and more scoring punch than DFS. Wiggins is a solid starting NBA player. He just got paid like he was a star, and that's not his fault. I still think Wiggins would get as much as 20 mil as a free agent.

But I can't see the Mavs trading KP for him just because the salaries match. They would have a bigger hole at C than the small improvement on the Wing.

And I know facts just clog the thread, but I can't help myself from pointing out that the highest PER of Wiggins career was 17.58 last year and that is barely higher than the worst PER of KPs career at 17.49. KP put up a 21.33 PER from his wheelchair this year.
"Government is the great fiction through which everyone endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else"

Frederic Bastiat
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,743

Post#22 » by azwfan » Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:58 am

JD45 wrote:I think Wiggins could be a fit on the Mavs. He would give them more size on the wing than THJ and more scoring punch than DFS. Wiggins is a solid starting NBA player. He just got paid like he was a star, and that's not his fault. I still think Wiggins would get as much as 20 mil as a free agent.

But I can't see the Mavs trading KP for him just because the salaries match. They would have a bigger hole at C than the small improvement on the Wing.

And I know facts just clog the thread, but I can't help myself from pointing out that the highest PER of Wiggins career was 17.58 last year and that is barely higher than the worst PER of KPs career at 17.49. KP put up a 21.33 PER from his wheelchair this year.

KP put up a 0 PER from his wheelchair. In the 60% of his teams games (the time he actually played) he put up 21.33.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,730

Post#23 » by gswhoops » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:25 am

azwfan wrote:
JD45 wrote:I think Wiggins could be a fit on the Mavs. He would give them more size on the wing than THJ and more scoring punch than DFS. Wiggins is a solid starting NBA player. He just got paid like he was a star, and that's not his fault. I still think Wiggins would get as much as 20 mil as a free agent.

KP put up a 0 PER from his wheelchair. In the 60% of his teams games (the time he actually played) he put up 21.33.

There you go clogging the thread up with facts again azwfan :D

Seriously though there’s not much more that needs to be said than Dallas prefers KP’s higher upside and GS prefers Wiggins’ reliability and positional fit.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,080

Post#24 » by jbk1234 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:32 am

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:I will once again offer for OKC to act as the third team here with Horford. And I'd do it for Wiggins or KP.
I've come around to thinking the Mavs should go ahead and pull the trigger on this. Horford's partial guarantee will be moveable at the deadline with a protected 1st.

And even if it's not, they could stretch waive him and open up a max slot.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Bnice5
Sophomore
And1: 81

Post#25 » by Bnice5 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:28 am

azwfan wrote:

And the Mavs team had no trouble making the playoffs… Luka will get this team through the regular season… KP playing 65 games out of 82 is fine and will likely be the plan… they want him healthy for the playoffs which he was this year…

Athletically during the playoffs KP looked as well as he did all year. I think they did a very poor job with the scheme with him against the Clippers, but that all wing lineup they rolled out is just a bad matchup for KP
reamily
Senior
And1: 87

Post#26 » by reamily » Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:27 am

Athletically kp looks good last playoffs hence the dissapointment, he was reportedly injured in last year yet scored 30 before shutting down last year
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,336

Post#27 » by Mavrelous » Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:01 am

azwfan wrote:

So, Wiggins has higher value than Klay also who will have missed 30 consecutive months when he's back in 2022? :roll:
I don't think KP to Warriors is a good fit at all, they can't gamble on another MAX contract with injury prone player at their cap situation, Klay's history and Steph's age and injury history, but let's not act as Wiggins is a higher value player than what KP was just last year, in fact every team, including yours would prefer 40 RS games of KP + playoffs than Wiggins fully healthy.
I find it amazing how Steph Curry plays next to G-league team on the general board and should be MVP, but good 2-way player on the trade board that the GSW fans pout about every trade suggestion for him.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
The-Power
General Manager
And1: 9,078

Post#28 » by The-Power » Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:08 am

KhalilS wrote:
azwfan wrote:KP put up a 0 PER from his wheelchair. In the 60% of his teams games (the time he actually played) he put up 21.33.

So, Wiggins has higher value than Klay also who will have missed 30 consecutive months when he's back in 2022? :roll:

Ehm, last year Wiggins was more valuable to the Warriors than Klay Thompson, yes.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#29 » by Mavrelous » Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:16 am

No he wasn't, if the Warriors were forced to waive one contract out of Klay and Wiggins, which would they waive? The guy who was the running mate of the champioshio team, or one of the guys that Warriors fan tell us on daily basis provide no help to MVP Steph?
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
weekend_warrior
Pro Prospect
And1: 349

Post#30 » by weekend_warrior » Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:40 am

[tweet][/tweet]
KhalilS wrote:No he wasn't, if the Warriors were forced to waive one contract out of Klay and Wiggins, which would they waive? The guy who was the running mate of the champioshio team, or one of the guys that Warriors fan tell us on daily basis provide no help to MVP Steph?

I am sure you are correct, they would rather waive Wiggins than Klay. But this has a lot to do with emotional factors and the history of Klay on those legacy teams.

I am equally convinced, that right now, Klay is the more negative contract than Wiggins in terms of trade value. Other teams don't have this emotional attachment to Klay.

This might change next season if Klay comes back reasonably close to what he was before, but right now Wiggins is a good, functional role player with 2 years left at a too high price, Klay is a huge question mark with 3 years left at 40+ million. Not close.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#31 » by Mavrelous » Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:50 am

If Klay was making Wiggins money, and was 6 years younger like KP, he'd absolutely have more value than Wiggins, and teams that have dead money or lots of cap space in the middle of rebuilding should take a flier on him.
JD45
General Manager
And1: 261

Post#32 » by JD45 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:14 pm

The Mavs could get to enough cap room for Wiggins to go into a TPE. They would need to pass on signing THJ, which is similar in production to Wiggins, although older. Would GSW be willing to add anything to move Wiggins for cap space?
"Government is the great fiction through which everyone endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else"

Frederic Bastiat
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#33 » by gswhoops » Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:37 pm

JD45 wrote:The Mavs could get to enough cap room for Wiggins to go into a TPE. They would need to pass on signing THJ, which is similar in production to Wiggins, although older. Would GSW be willing to add anything to move Wiggins for cap space?

I don’t think so. For all his warts we do kinda need him. If Dallas was willing to take him for free (lol) we might bite but I don’t think we’d add to it.
The-Power
General Manager
And1: 9,078

Post#34 » by The-Power » Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:58 pm

KhalilS wrote:No he wasn't, if the Warriors were forced to waive one contract out of Klay and Wiggins, which would they waive?

Completely besides the point.
Nate the Great
Pro Prospect
And1: 380

Post#35 » by Nate the Great » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:32 pm

gswhoops wrote:
JD45 wrote:The Mavs could get to enough cap room for Wiggins to go into a TPE. They would need to pass on signing THJ, which is similar in production to Wiggins, although older. Would GSW be willing to add anything to move Wiggins for cap space?

I don’t think so. For all his warts we do kinda need him. If Dallas was willing to take him for free (lol) we might bite but I don’t think we’d add to it.

I don’t think they’d even give him away for nothing unless it meant they could get a better wing somewhere else. The Warriors have to be better next season, not worse, unless they want Steph to change teams.

Black Lives Matter
azwfan
RealGM

Post#36 » by azwfan » Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:41 am

Bnice5 wrote:
azwfan wrote:

And the Mavs team had no trouble making the playoffs… Luka will get this team through the regular season… KP playing 65 games out of 82 is fine and will likely be the plan… they want him healthy for the playoffs which he was this year…

Athletically during the playoffs KP looked as well as he did all year. I think they did a very poor job with the scheme with him against the Clippers, but that all wing lineup they rolled out is just a bad matchup for KP

Last time Porzingis played 65 games was 4 yrs ago. And I'm not sure the fact that Dallas had no problem making the playoffs without him is a ringing endorsement for his impact. Dallas was better with him off the court.
azwfan
RealGM

Post#37 » by azwfan » Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:44 am

KhalilS wrote:If Klay was making Wiggins money, and was 6 years younger like KP, he'd absolutely have more value than Wiggins, and teams that have dead money or lots of cap space in the middle of rebuilding should take a flier on him.

Is Klay still a 2-way 3 time defending champ NOT like KP? or is Klay like KP (oft injured, no defense, team better without him)?

I do agree, a team like OKC, HOU, and Orlando (and I'm sure others) should absolutely take a flier on KP and should not on Wiggins.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#38 » by gswhoops » Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:46 am

azwfan wrote:
KhalilS wrote:If Klay was making Wiggins money, and was 6 years younger like KP, he'd absolutely have more value than Wiggins, and teams that have dead money or lots of cap space in the middle of rebuilding should take a flier on him.

Is Klay still a 2-way 3 time defending champ NOT like KP? or is Klay like KP (oft injured, no defense, team better without him)?

I do agree, a team like OKC, HOU, and Orlando (and I'm sure others) should absolutely take a flier on KP and should not on Wiggins.

I mean…
azwfan
RealGM

Post#39 » by azwfan » Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:48 am

gswhoops wrote:
azwfan wrote:

I mean…

:lol: Well i guess missing games was the point of the original comparison.
killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,291

Post#40 » by killmongrel » Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:14 am

Just an easy hell no from the Warriors.

Return to Trades and Transactions