Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,598

Re: Political Roundtable Part XXX 

Post#41 » by pancakes3 » Tue Jun 8, 2021 3:23 pm

Ruzious wrote:
dobrojim wrote:
pancakes3 wrote:Jan. 6 Insurrectionist caught on bodycam yelling at cops through a bullhorn that the cops are protecting pedophiles revealed to be a pedophile. Can't make this stuff up.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/04/politics/capitol-rioter-rape-charge/index.html

We don't generally make this stuff up but Golfy McBonespurs (the king of projection) makes stuff up all the time.
McHugh probably figured it was okay to behave similarly. Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery.

It's actually a strategy of pure evil that these things commonly use. Do many horrible things, and then - with absolutely zero basis in truth - accuse your enemy of doing the exact same thing.

agreed. i find Trump and Trumper projections to be very psychologically revealing. Mostly re: corruption. That's why they peed themselves with the Hunter Biden stuff.
Bullets -> Wizards
Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,150

Post#42 » by Zonkerbl » Tue Jun 8, 2021 3:30 pm

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/08/bitcoin-btc-price-slides-as-us-seizes-most-of-colonial-ransom.html
I've been taught all my life to value service to the weak and powerless.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#43 » by Ruzious » Wed Jun 9, 2021 8:24 am

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,629

Post#44 » by Pointgod » Wed Jun 9, 2021 1:36 pm

Lindsey Graham is an idiot.
Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#45 » by Zonkerbl » Wed Jun 9, 2021 2:01 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Pointgod
RealGM

Post#46 » by Pointgod » Wed Jun 9, 2021 2:05 pm

Zonkerbl wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

That’s a brazingly stupid sign and not only would I avoid that restaurant I’d **** up their Yelp reviews. What a complete ****
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#47 » by Ruzious » Wed Jun 9, 2021 3:07 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/news/covid-whistle-blower-rebekah-jones-201300869.html

Good vs Evil, heroic scientist vs sex-trafficing entitled frat boy.

Rebekah Jones apparently lives somewhere in Montgomery County MD now.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Pointgod
RealGM

Post#48 » by Pointgod » Wed Jun 9, 2021 6:44 pm

Similar to what I said with Val Demmings. I’m sure Nikie Fried is a good candidate that would do well in a more purplish state, but I don’t know why it’s so hard for Democrats to find Hispanic candidates to run statewide in Florida.

Read on Twitter
pancakes3
General Manager

Post#49 » by pancakes3 » Wed Jun 9, 2021 8:32 pm

goes back to the discussion about how it's psychologically revealing whenever R's talk. just because R's are lazy, shiftless, and content with collecting unemployment, they project that mentality to the rest of the country. choosing to work when unemployment is available makes you a "chump."
Bullets -> Wizards
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#50 » by Ruzious » Wed Jun 9, 2021 8:46 pm

pancakes3 wrote:

goes back to the discussion about how it's psychologically revealing whenever R's talk. just because R's are lazy, shiftless, and content with collecting unemployment, they project that mentality to the rest of the country. choosing to work when unemployment is available makes you a "chump."

It's the Republican variation of JFK's speech - "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask how you can get away with screwing your country."
pancakes3
General Manager

Post#51 » by pancakes3 » Wed Jun 9, 2021 9:04 pm

Bullets -> Wizards
Pointgod
RealGM

Post#52 » by Pointgod » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:18 am

Lindsey Graham is such a sniveling little weasel and **** heel. I’d for once like someone to have a Republican explain their contradictions. If businesses can’t find people to work, then they should raise salaries. The average unemployment is $378 per week which works out to $19,000 a year. A 15 an hour dollar minimum wage translates to $29,000 a year. I’d like Lindsey Graham to explain to how his family members are surviving on $19,000. I know the answer is that he’s a liar, but no one is putting off working for 19 **** thousand dollars a year
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,857

Post#53 » by Wizardspride » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:02 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#54 » by Ruzious » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:17 pm

Wizardspride wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

At some point, a blatantly baseless accusation like that has to be prosecuted. We can't keep allowing baseless accusations to be made without any consequences. This garbage has gone on far too long. It's absurd. It's a disgrace to anyone who cares about our country. And these people are traitors to the United States. Give us some evidence, or face criminal prosecution.

And as someone said, if what he said is remotely true, why would Republicans be against an investigation of what happened? And if he had any evidence, why hasn't he he provided it, and why did he wait till now to make this moronic accusation?
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#55 » by Ruzious » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:21 pm

Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#56 » by Zonkerbl » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:30 pm

From what I understand, it was supposed to be a joke.

This is why there are no conservative comedians. If people can't tell you're joking, and wouldn't think it was funny if you were, maybe pick another line of work.
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#57 » by Wizardspride » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:46 am

Read on Twitter
?s=19
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
Pointgod
RealGM

Post#58 » by Pointgod » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:13 pm

Ruzious wrote:
Wizardspride wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

At some point, a blatantly baseless accusation like that has to be prosecuted. We can't keep allowing baseless accusations to be made without any consequences. This garbage has gone on far too long. It's absurd. It's a disgrace to anyone who cares about our country. And these people are traitors to the United States. Give us some evidence, or face criminal prosecution.

And as someone said, if what he said is remotely true, why would Republicans be against an investigation of what happened? And if he had any evidence, why hasn't he he provided it, and why did he wait till now to make this moronic accusation?

A lot of these idiots have are lawyers or judges. They should lose their license to practice law for continuing to lie about the election and insurrection. It’s crazy that these **** are just allowed to get away with this. The American Bar Association should get involved here but the problem is I’m sure a lot of higher ups are in on the big lie as well.
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#59 » by Wizardspride » Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:38 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
dobrojim
RealGM
And1: 3,298

Post#60 » by dobrojim » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:03 pm

(copied from my FB account)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/06/10/russell-moore-sbc-christian-conscience/?fbclid=IwAR1AMyRlJo742usEf-x52kcSqqrcfuhNr6RcZ12MMSQ2n6vQ5xLDem13SZg

Michael Gerson in today’s WaPo writing about recent news from SBC (Southern Baptist Convention),
During every generation across two millennia, Christians have faced the question: Do they oppose and confront the worst elements of their culture, or do they reflect and amplify them?

In our time - and just about every time - the most dangerous human failure is the dehumanization of others.

I’d say these are important questions for all. And it seems to me that in recent years far too many people have become callous or indifferent to them and quick with rationalizations for ignoring them. In case anyone was wondering or doesn’t know, I’m definitely not Southern Baptist. I think this topic is of much wider importance whatever your religious convictions or lack of may be. In the past half decade, I have come to appreciate Gerson’s writing much more than I ever previously had. The most dangerous human failure is the dehumanization of others. I hope some will read the column.

Edit to add - reading some of the comments online reminds me of one part of the column which
I did take exception to,

One of the best things about the Baptist tradition — especially as it rapidly expanded out of the Great Awakening in New England, and then the American South — is that it stood up for the dispossessed."

Seems like a convenient (and less than really honest), revision.
A lot of what we call 'thought' is just mental activity

When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression

Those who are convinced of absurdities, can be convinced to commit atrocities

Return to Washington Wizards