Image ImageImage Image

The Around The NBA Thread

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

MrFortune3
General Manager
And1: 3,260

Re: The Around The NBA Thread 

Post#1321 » by MrFortune3 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:18 am

johnnyvann840 wrote:Bucks come out and jump to a 21 point lead looking like a whole new team and then lay an egg in the 2nd Q. It was 30-9 with 1:30 left in the 1st Q - and now lead is gone.. it's 33-31. Bucks have fallen apart completely now scoring just 3 points in the last 9 minutes. It's been all Nets in the 2nd Q. Bucks just look completely lost all of a sudden. Nets defense has taken over the game. Just cannot see Milwaukee staying in this game the way things have turned.

The Bucks need to stop hoisting 3's and take it to the rim. Force the Nets to guard you and not foul.
CobyWhite0
Rookie
And1: 819

Post#1322 » by CobyWhite0 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:16 am

TheStig wrote:
MrFortune3 wrote:
TheStig wrote:I'm wondering if AK doesn't take a chance on him. He only has 2 years left. If he can get right, he'd be really good but I'm worried he's damaged goods.

Hopefully there is a better option available but I think we're that bad at PG that we would seriously consider it.

I'd say it's Ball, Lowry and then him.

We have to add defense with the starting PG position. Cannot see Kemba adding enough to warrant that move without multiple picks coming along with him.

I can't see them sending picks. I agree we need more defense. But if we get to the end of the summer and that's the best vet pg available, I think we take a swing. There is just too much riding on the season to go in with the PG's we have.

The bolded is most certainly the general consensus on this board - but the numbers and AK vehemently disagree.

"Following the All-Star break," Karnisovas added, "we took a significant dip on offense. We stopped making shots. Actually, we finished defensively 12th in the league in efficiency. A lot of people were indicating that we struggled defensively, but the numbers are saying the last 15 games we were sixth in the league. And since the All-Star, we were eighth in the league. Defensively, we were fine. I thought that our biggest struggles were offensive droughts. You have to make shots to win games. We did not do that.

https://www.nba.com/bulls/features/arturas-karnisovas-we-will-not-settle-mediocrity-here

And as I posted in another thread, when Coby - Zach - Vuc were on the floor together, we had a Defensive Rating of 105.0 - the Lakers led the league with a 106.8 Def Rtg.

Apparently, BD runs an awesome defensive scheme - how else could we be 12th in the league in defense playing a bunch of crappy defenders major minutes?
jc23
RealGM
And1: 10,790

Post#1323 » by jc23 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:44 am

Just saw a parody 30 for 30 trailer for space jam 2 called “the bunny and the goat”

Smh
Be curious, Not judgmental
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 23,820

Post#1324 » by kulaz3000 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:56 am

jc23 wrote:Just saw a parody 30 for 30 trailer for space jam 2 called “the bunny and the goat”

Smh

Yeah, I watched that and it was terrible.
Why so serious?
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,190

Post#1325 » by HomoSapien » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:00 am

ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,578

Post#1326 » by Ice Man » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:57 am

To me, the playoffs of the last 2 years have shown just how important it is to keep Zach LaVine. Murray last year for Denver, Booker and Mitchell this year, those guys are Zach. And they are critical elements to their teams. High efficiency, high volume offense-first guards like those guys and Zach aren't team anchors in the same way as, say, Kahwi or LBJ or Giannis, but that doesn't mean that you should scorn them and move them for "somebody better." Quite the contrary. They all the final piece for well constructed teams. If you have an otherwise good team but don't have a Zach LaVine, man you will want to find one.
MGB8
RealGM
And1: 3,089

Post#1327 » by MGB8 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:22 pm

Clipps can't beat the Jazz even without Conley.... Losing to the Jazz *with* Conley would be one thing, but without him?

The Jazz struggled against the Grizz without Conley...

There is a big problem in LA. A big part of that Lue. But that was sort of a forced "player relations" hire. But some of that is of the "blow it up" variety.
MGB8
RealGM
And1: 3,089

Post#1328 » by MGB8 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:28 pm

CobyWhite0 wrote:
TheStig wrote:
MrFortune3 wrote:
We have to add defense with the starting PG position. Cannot see Kemba adding enough to warrant that move without multiple picks coming along with him.

I can't see them sending picks. I agree we need more defense. But if we get to the end of the summer and that's the best vet pg available, I think we take a swing. There is just too much riding on the season to go in with the PG's we have.

The bolded is most certainly the general consensus on this board - but the numbers and AK vehemently disagree.

"Following the All-Star break," Karnisovas added, "we took a significant dip on offense. We stopped making shots. Actually, we finished defensively 12th in the league in efficiency. A lot of people were indicating that we struggled defensively, but the numbers are saying the last 15 games we were sixth in the league. And since the All-Star, we were eighth in the league. Defensively, we were fine. I thought that our biggest struggles were offensive droughts. You have to make shots to win games. We did not do that.

https://www.nba.com/bulls/features/arturas-karnisovas-we-will-not-settle-mediocrity-here

And as I posted in another thread, when Coby - Zach - Vuc were on the floor together, we had a Defensive Rating of 105.0 - the Lakers led the league with a 106.8 Def Rtg.

Apparently, BD runs an awesome defensive scheme - how else could we be 12th in the league in defense playing a bunch of crappy defenders major minutes?

Small sample size and Theis starting.

That said, Coby White had a run where he started playing significantly better on D towards the end. As in "passable." That's critical to his NBA future. If he can get himself to be a plus defender, he can be a significant asset for the Bulls (or another NBA team). I very much think he has the physical tools to do that (he has the footspeed and core strength, and while he isn't long for his height, lack of length didn't stop Hinrich or Jimmy Butler from being very good defenders). But he really has to commit to learning and working on that end.
TheStig
RealGM
And1: 3,899

Post#1329 » by TheStig » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:06 pm

MGB8 wrote:
CobyWhite0 wrote:
TheStig wrote:I can't see them sending picks. I agree we need more defense. But if we get to the end of the summer and that's the best vet pg available, I think we take a swing. There is just too much riding on the season to go in with the PG's we have.

Small sample size and Theis starting.

That said, Coby White had a run where he started playing significantly better on D towards the end. As in "passable." That's critical to his NBA future. If he can get himself to be a plus defender, he can be a significant asset for the Bulls (or another NBA team). I very much think he has the physical tools to do that (he has the footspeed and core strength, and while he isn't long for his height, lack of length didn't stop Hinrich or Jimmy Butler from being very good defenders). But he really has to commit to learning and working on that end.

I don't think he's short for a pg. Most pg's struggle on switches with bigger wings or bigs.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,648

Post#1330 » by sco » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:28 pm

:clap:
Benedict Miller
General Manager
And1: 2,074

Post#1331 » by Benedict Miller » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:06 pm

Clippers need to make quicker decisions with the basketball. Too much Iso. And the Bucks are doing a ton of iso with much lesser talent. Coach should be gone but they also need better players, much better guards who can shoot off the catch as well as get their own bucket.

I don't see anyone beating this Jazz team in the West.
Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,543

Post#1332 » by Andi Obst » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:46 pm

I just hope Mitchell is 100% ready for game 3. Didn’t look great in the end. Conley coming back would be huge, obviously. This Jazz team is so fun. Everybody knows and accepts his role, Mitchell is going crazy again.

I underestimated them coming into the season. This series isn’t over, but the Jazz are for real.
...formerly known as Little Nathan.

jc23 wrote:the fate of humanity rides on Chicago winning this game.
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,190

Post#1333 » by HomoSapien » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:55 pm

If you're a Clippers fan, how are you feeling if Chris Paul and Doc Rivers end up in the finals?
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
MrFortune3
General Manager
And1: 3,260

Post#1334 » by MrFortune3 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:29 pm

HomoSapien wrote:If you're a Clippers fan, how are you feeling if Chris Paul and Doc Rivers end up in the finals?

"Where the **** was this **** in LA?" :lol:
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,350

Post#1335 » by Michael Jackson » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:33 pm

HomoSapien wrote:If you're a Clippers fan, how are you feeling if Chris Paul and Doc Rivers end up in the finals?

Or Blake Griffin for that matter.
ImSlower
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,426

Post#1336 » by ImSlower » Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:12 am

Renouncing the team and becoming a Thunder fan, perhaps?
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,536

Post#1337 » by dice » Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:58 am

Michael Jackson wrote:

Or Blake Griffin for that matter.

all will likely at least be in the conference finals, which will likely be further than the clippers get

that said, it's hard to argue that the clippers didn't play their cards right
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
dice
RealGM

Post#1338 » by dice » Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:04 am

future nba MVP:

drank up to 3 liters of soft drinks a day as a kid, couldn't do a push-up at age 17
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
dice
RealGM

Post#1339 » by dice » Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:12 am

MrFortune3 wrote:
CobyWhite0 wrote:Not only were centers #1 and #2 in the MVP race, a third center was just named DPOY for the third year in a row.

Yeah, centers don't matter any more...

My thought process has always been that you draft the best player and find a way to maximize their talent. C, PF, SF, SG, PG does not matter.
The mid range shot is coming back into the game and we are seeing more crazy match ups than ever.

this year set yet another new record for 3 point attempts as a percentage of overall FG attempts
johnnyvann840
RealGM
And1: 18,703

Post#1340 » by johnnyvann840 » Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:18 am

Benedict Miller wrote:Clippers need to make quicker decisions with the basketball. Too much Iso. And the Bucks are doing a ton of iso with much lesser talent. Coach should be gone but they also need better players, much better guards who can shoot off the catch as well as get their own bucket.

I don't see anyone beating this Jazz team in the West.

The Suns can beat the Jazz. In fact, I think the Suns can win it all. They are head and shoulders playing the best defense in the playoffs and that separates them from everybody else. I don't think they've given up more than 109 pts in any game so far and they have held opponents to under 100 in 4 of 8 games so far and in two of the other four games they gave up 100 and 105 pts. Meanwhile, the rest of the league is having these 130 and 140 point scoring fests (outside of the Bucks and Nets last night..lol). I really think the Suns defense is just the best in the league right now and good enough to give anybody left trouble.
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson

Return to Chicago Bulls