Two hot trade topics in one move

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Is this a solid for both teams?

Yes
13%
No, only solid for the Mavericks
20%
No, only solid for the Wizards
20%
OP has lost his mind. This is not good for either team.
47%

Total votes: 15

Buzzard
RealGM
And1: 7,522

Re: Two hot trade topics in one move 

Post#21 » by Buzzard » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:32 pm

Mike lorenzo wrote:
Buzzard wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:
Not what I've said a half dozen times now. You can listen to what I say and how it pertains specifically to Westbrook or you can continue to construct a straw man to argue against. But this is pointless as is so good luck. Maybe others will love the idea of Westbrook and Luka together.

So Westbrook is the one star that can't play with Luka. Not buying but you keep selling...

Luka is very dominant on the ball, and quite bad, without the ball. Russ is very dominant on the ball and a terrible shooter. Why are the Mavs paying a guy $ 44 to get the ball out of his star's hands? When it is your best virtue ...
Westbrook is a beast, but as the game has evolved, he needs very specific partners, to be successful.

You need talent to advance in the playoffs. More times than not its all star level talent that makes the biggest difference. I have seen people pull KD, CP3, Harden etc out of their hats in this thread like " here is a easy one just get KD " :lol:

Chances are it will be Lowry, Conley, CP3, DeRozan in free agency and call it a day. I would hope for CP3 the most.
BAF Pacers: Unleash Trae!

PG Ice Trae
SG Buddy Hield/Luke Kennard/Brandin Podziemski
SF OG Anunoby/Terrence Ross/Kris Murray
PF Richaun Holmes/JaMychal Green/Chris Livingston
C KAT/Mark Williams
JD45
General Manager
And1: 261

Post#22 » by JD45 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:39 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:Westbrook playing for a Cuban team would be something after all the time Mark spent trolling him and calling him a non-star.

Also you might could find a worse pairing of "star" players than Luka and Westbrook but you'd be hard pressed to find many. Both are extraordinarily ball dominant and both come with real concerns about how effective they could be off-ball.

For Washington they just downgrade twice from Westbrook to KP and Bertans to Powell. They should pass on that alone.

Not a fan for either side.

I actually like Westbrook, but I agree with this post, he is probably the worst fit possible with Luka.
"Government is the great fiction through which everyone endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else"

Frederic Bastiat
Buzzard
RealGM

Post#23 » by Buzzard » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:45 pm

JD45 wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:Westbrook playing for a Cuban team would be something after all the time Mark spent trolling him and calling him a non-star.

Also you might could find a worse pairing of "star" players than Luka and Westbrook but you'd be hard pressed to find many. Both are extraordinarily ball dominant and both come with real concerns about how effective they could be off-ball.

For Washington they just downgrade twice from Westbrook to KP and Bertans to Powell. They should pass on that alone.

Not a fan for either side.

I actually like Westbrook, but I agree with this post, he is probably the worst fit possible with Luka.

Its a divisive topic/trade but its not off one way or the other.

3 Against for both teams
2 For both teams winning
1 For the Mavericks winning
1 For the Wizards winning

PG Ice Trae
C KAT/Mark Williams
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,870

Post#24 » by nykballa2k4 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:08 pm

Buzzard wrote:
Mike lorenzo wrote:If I could choose a perfect companion for Luka,

1Durant
2Embiid 3Klay (Healthy)
4Tatum
5KL
I really don't care about the order

This thread is about the perfect companion you can get for KP and Powell. I like the idea of Westbrook and Bertans a lot. Its only a three year run to see if two of the most dominant scorers in the league can do more damage than a 1st round exit...

If this thread was about a "perfect companion" you would not be talking about Westbrook. NEITHER PLAYER MOVES WITHOUT THE BALL. That is a weakness for both which is why Harden and Westbrook didn't work. Luka needs guys who cut, are active. Really that is MOST of the superstars and many of the role players. Dennis Smith Jr didnt work out well because he plays a Westbrook ball dominant style (at a VERY much lower level) and there is a reason Westbrook has been the common denominator on underachieving teams.
IMO the "perfect" return on a KP with limited perceived value and Powell would be something involving Brook Lopez and Kris Middleton. I don't know how the rest of that song goes, but I think those two notes is where it starts.
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
Buzzard
RealGM

Post#25 » by Buzzard » Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:13 pm

nykballa2k4 wrote:
Buzzard wrote:
Mike lorenzo wrote:If I could choose a perfect companion for Luka,

1Durant
2Embiid 3Klay (Healthy)
4Tatum
5KL
I really don't care about the order

This thread is about the perfect companion you can get for KP and Powell. I like the idea of Westbrook and Bertans a lot. Its only a three year run to see if two of the most dominant scorers in the league can do more damage than a 1st round exit...

If this thread was about a "perfect companion" you would not be talking about Westbrook. NEITHER PLAYER MOVES WITHOUT THE BALL. That is a weakness for both which is why Harden and Westbrook didn't work. Luka needs guys who cut, are active. Really that is MOST of the superstars and many of the role players. Dennis Smith Jr didnt work out well because he plays a Westbrook ball dominant style (at a VERY much lower level) and there is a reason Westbrook has been the common denominator on underachieving teams.
IMO the "perfect" return on a KP with limited perceived value and Powell would be something involving Brook Lopez and Kris Middleton. I don't know how the rest of that song goes, but I think those two notes is where it starts.

You should propose that and see if it has any legs. I think it gets shot down in a landslide by Bucks fans. Westbrook is polarizing. So is KP. Its why this one is divisive yet not skewed one way or the other.

PG Ice Trae
C KAT/Mark Williams
nykballa2k4
RealGM

Post#26 » by nykballa2k4 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:35 pm

Buzzard wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:
Buzzard wrote:This thread is about the perfect companion you can get for KP and Powell. I like the idea of Westbrook and Bertans a lot. Its only a three year run to see if two of the most dominant scorers in the league can do more damage than a 1st round exit...

You should propose that and see if it has any legs. I think it gets shot down in a landslide by Bucks fans. Westbrook is polarizing. So is KP. Its why this one is divisive yet not skewed one way or the other.

Find me the Mavs fan who wants to see this.
Find me the Wizards fan who wants to see this

I would also say that the value is skewed towards Mavericks because right now most people (not me) see KP as horrible value/cant move it contract. Westbrook is a big contract for sure, but I could see a team with cap space willing to give up modest assets for him.

KP for Kemba is the big debate, Westbrook for Kemba has a runaway winner.
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
Mike lorenzo
Analyst
And1: 726

Post#27 » by Mike lorenzo » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:12 pm

Buzzard wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:
Buzzard wrote:This thread is about the perfect companion you can get for KP and Powell. I like the idea of Westbrook and Bertans a lot. Its only a three year run to see if two of the most dominant scorers in the league can do more damage than a 1st round exit...

How would it look like this ...
THJ (ST) / KP / Brunson for Middleton / Lopez

Bucks add a ton of shots and scoring.
Giannis
KP
THJ
Donte
Jrue + Brunson

Giannis plays the 5 in attack .. and they get a 6 man to burn 2 units ..

Brook
DFS
Middleton
FA
Luka

Mavs improve their defense ... and have room, to fill gaps in FA or a trade for a Hield / Beasley guy

edit ... sorry for derailing the thread ..
1+1=11
nykballa2k4
RealGM

Post#28 » by nykballa2k4 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:44 pm

Mike lorenzo wrote:
Buzzard wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:If this thread was about a "perfect companion" you would not be talking about Westbrook. NEITHER PLAYER MOVES WITHOUT THE BALL. That is a weakness for both which is why Harden and Westbrook didn't work. Luka needs guys who cut, are active. Really that is MOST of the superstars and many of the role players. Dennis Smith Jr didnt work out well because he plays a Westbrook ball dominant style (at a VERY much lower level) and there is a reason Westbrook has been the common denominator on underachieving teams.

How would it look like this ...
THJ (ST) / KP / Brunson for Middleton / Lopez

Bucks add a ton of shots and scoring.
Giannis
KP
THJ
Donte
Jrue + Brunson

Giannis plays the 5 in attack .. and they get a 6 man to burn 2 units ..

Brook
DFS
Middleton
FA
Luka

Mavs improve their defense ... and have room, to fill gaps in FA or a trade for a Hield / Beasley guy

edit ... sorry for derailing the thread ..

I think that makes sense, don't know how Hardaway would feel about it though lol. Might have to be a Dec 15th trade. Also I don't think Mil can be part of a sign and trade because they don't have cap space.
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
Apz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,979

Post#29 » by Apz » Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:06 am

I judt find it funny that ppl that keeps suggesting kemba to mavs think westbrook is a horrible fit with luka. Thdre is a reason kemba were allstar level in charlotte whfn he had the ball in his hands all the time and that he sucked in boston when he didnt.

Anyone that NEEDS the ball in his hands sucks with luka. Simple as
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,446

Post#30 » by youngcrev » Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:13 am

Anyone else want to sell their Porzingis stock? At these prices I'm going to make a killing.

Oh, and this is beyond terrible for the Mavs, and awesome for the Wizards.
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,525

Post#31 » by HornetJail » Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:18 am

two of my absolute favorite players, but there's no way in hell Luka and Westbrook would coexist on the court. Their styles do not mesh at all. yeah you can have one on the floor at all times and then 15-20 min together, but with neither of Russ or Luka doing much without the ball in their hands, I'm just not seeing it.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,525

Post#32 » by HornetJail » Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:23 am

Apz wrote:I judt find it funny that ppl that keeps suggesting kemba to mavs think westbrook is a horrible fit with luka. Thdre is a reason kemba were allstar level in charlotte whfn he had the ball in his hands all the time and that he sucked in boston when he didnt.

Anyone that NEEDS the ball in his hands sucks with luka. Simple as

lol

In Charlotte, Kemba was at his best when there was another player that could handle the ball and allow him to play off of it and utilize his catch-and-shoot game, which was the best part of his game over his last 3-4 seasons here, more so than his shot creation. When Batum played well in his first couple of years with the team, when Tony Parker played alongside him. But sure, Kemba's struggles are only because he doesn't have the ball in his hands and have absolutely nothing to do with a knee injury hampering him for like 75% of his Celtics tenure. We can also ignore that he was an all-star starter in his first season in Boston.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR

Return to Trades and Transactions