ImageImageImageImageImage

WOJ: Bjorkgren out at Indy

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

NinjaBro
RealGM
And1: 41,994

Re: WOJ: Bjorkgren out at Indy 

Post#41 » by NinjaBro » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:14 am

INDY placers are such pansies. Defensive schemes too aggressive for them, LOL. Players here didn't have a problem with it and worked their butts off. Time to bring him home.
Caped Crusader
Veteran
And1: 3,855

Post#42 » by Caped Crusader » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:50 am

Fred Van Vliet said he talked to a few Indy players and they all reassured him there was no problem with Nate and that the report was false. Interestingly he alluded to someone wanting to bring him down stopping short of giving away too much on whether this person was part of the Pacers organization or a media personnel.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app
Clay Davis
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,691

Post#43 » by Clay Davis » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:57 am

Larry Bird said at one point that small market teams need to fire coaches every few years to keep things fresh. Weird mentality...
Steelo Green wrote:People are expecting way too much from Barnes out of the get go. He is a project player who will need 2-3 years before he makes a major impact.
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,874

Post#44 » by OAKLEY_2 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:46 am

Clay Davis wrote:Larry Bird said at one point that small market teams need to fire coaches every few years to keep things fresh. Weird mentality...

Wanted: another destabilising short term a-hole for tough love experiment in futility.
Raps1103
Veteran
And1: 3,235

Post#45 » by Raps1103 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:41 am

Caped Crusader wrote:Fred Van Vliet said he talked to a few Indy players and they all reassured him there was no problem with Nate and that the report was false. Interestingly he alluded to someone wanting to bring him down stopping short of giving away too much on whether this person was part of the Pacers organization or a media personnel.

Link ??
Parataxis
General Manager
And1: 5,304

Post#46 » by Parataxis » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:38 pm

Johnny Bball wrote:They should fire Pritchard while they are at it. He can't possibly wash his hands of this and not take a significant amount of the blame.

Yup, when you end up having 3 different Head Coaches in the span of 12 months, the problem probably isn't the Head Coaches.
In The City
Sophomore
And1: 206

Post#47 » by In The City » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:07 pm

Raps1103 wrote:
Caped Crusader wrote:Fred Van Vliet said he talked to a few Indy players and they all reassured him there was no problem with Nate and that the report was false. Interestingly he alluded to someone wanting to bring him down stopping short of giving away too much on whether this person was part of the Pacers organization or a media personnel.

Link ??

I can vouch for him. FVF said this on TV while he was talking to Matty D I think.
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 10,058

Post#48 » by tecumseh18 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:43 pm

In The City wrote:
Raps1103 wrote:

Link ??

I can vouch for him. FVF said this on TV while he was talking to Matty D I think.

I can't remember what game it was, but that whole interview was gold. They had to fill time during a useless game at the end of a lost season, so Matt asked Fred some pointed questions. And Fred was like "Sure, I'll answer them. I'll keep talking."

And I think we all remember Kyle hugging Nate at the Pacers game.

Pritchard is such an ass.
Zeno
RealGM
And1: 19,678

Post#49 » by Zeno » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:03 pm

I wonder if he ends up on the Clippers staff next year. It feels like they’ll have some holes to fill.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
SharoneWright
RealGM
And1: 12,497
Location: A low-variance future conducive to raising children

Post#50 » by SharoneWright » Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:47 am

Nate got Bjorked.
Is anybody here a marine biologist?
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 10,058

Post#51 » by tecumseh18 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:07 pm

Zeno wrote:I wonder if he ends up on the Clippers staff next year. It feels like they’ll have some holes to fill.

Depends on the Raps' offseason. The direction, one way or the other, should be clear. But if we're going for it, why not come back?
WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,307

Post#52 » by WuTang_OG » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:19 pm

Nurse and bjorkgren are super tight. Bjorgren was nurse’s best man. Hes joining raps staff again next season
PerfectJab
Veteran
And1: 1,351

Post#53 » by PerfectJab » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:46 pm

It's on Bjorkgren as a leader to adapt to the players he has so I don't buy the Indy players are pansies argument. If every team were the same then all the records would be the same as well. Regardless of right and wrong, when you lose the team as a coach you lose your job and getting your players to "BUY IN" is a huge part of the equation.
Zeno
RealGM

Post#54 » by Zeno » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:11 pm

tecumseh18 wrote:
Zeno wrote:I wonder if he ends up on the Clippers staff next year. It feels like they’ll have some holes to fill.

Depends on the Raps' offseason. The direction, one way or the other, should be clear. But if we're going for it, why not come back?

I guess if I'm him and I had my character attacked like it was, if a guy like Kawhi vouched for him it would basically make it look more like an Indy problem. Raps players liking him and wanting him back is like getting an endorsement from your parents. Sure if you got nowhere else to go, you are really shaken and life hasn't turned out like you planned you can always live in your mom's basement for a year...
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
johanliebert
General Manager
And1: 5,665

Post#55 » by johanliebert » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:48 pm

PerfectJab wrote:It's on Bjorkgren as a leader to adapt to the players he has so I don't buy the Indy players are pansies argument. If every team were the same then all the records would be the same as well. Regardless of right and wrong, when you lose the team as a coach you lose your job and getting your players to "BUY IN" is a huge part of the equation.

Yea being relieved of your duties after one season isn’t normal. Going off the article it seems like he isn’t fit to be a leader guys like him make great assistant coaches.

Casual fans don’t realize assistants often draw up plays and run the offence where as the HC is the leader/motivator.
johanliebert
General Manager
And1: 5,665

Post#56 » by johanliebert » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:49 pm

Zeno wrote:
tecumseh18 wrote:

I guess if I'm him and I had my character attacked like it was, if a guy like Kawhi vouched for him it would basically make it look more like an Indy problem. Raps players liking him and wanting him back is like getting an endorsement from your parents. Sure if you got nowhere else to go, you are really shaken and life hasn't turned out like you planned you can always live in your mom's basement for a year...

Nurse was the leader when kawhi was here. Rap players are just defending their hc’s friend.
Zeno
RealGM

Post#57 » by Zeno » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:20 pm

johanliebert wrote:
Zeno wrote:
tecumseh18 wrote:

Nurse was the leader when kawhi was here. Rap players are just defending their hc’s friend.

Thanks for the inside info.

Please advise….

Dan G.
John Murdoch
General Manager
And1: 7,258

Post#58 » by John Murdoch » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:00 pm

Mcmillan looks like a boss
Magic#1 wrote:We have won two playoff games in two years. If we decide to keep this team for the next two years, maybe it will feel like we won a series.
ash_k
RealGM
And1: 8,798

Post#59 » by ash_k » Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:52 pm

Johnny Bball wrote:They should fire Pritchard while they are at it. He can't possibly wash his hands of this and not take a significant amount of the blame.

Magic agrees with you and others
Sinant wrote:I treat the Phoenix/Cleveland/Boston Shaqs like I do Wizards MJ. Never happened.
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,482

Post#60 » by WaltFrazier » Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:04 pm

Clay Davis wrote:Larry Bird said at one point that small market teams need to fire coaches every few years to keep things fresh. Weird mentality...

Bird may have also said that, but I just know in his own case, he felt 3 years coaching was enough for him, and the players needed a new voice after 3. Not sure his idea applied to other coaches and/or small markets.
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.

Return to Toronto Raptors