ImageImageImageImageImage

Rank these former Raptors from most deserving to least deserving of their Jersey being retired?

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,534

Re: Rank these former Raptors from most deserving to least deserving of their Jersey being retired? 

Post#101 » by Dr Positivity » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:27 pm

I would prefer to only retire Carter and Kawhi. Carter was important to putting the franchise on the map and Kawhi was leader of champion. Derozan, maybe. Bosh, no, just an all-star player during an irrelevant time in the long run. Siakam is probably one more good season away from rating over both in terms of having his number retired.
TravisScott55
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,833

Re: Rank these former Raptors from most deserving to least deserving of their Jersey being retired? 

Post#102 » by TravisScott55 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:25 pm

Demar, Kawhi, Bosh, Vince
lobosloboslobos
RealGM
And1: 17,824

Post#103 » by lobosloboslobos » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:09 pm

C_Money wrote:None of them

this is the correct answer. but if i had to choose one my reasoning would be this:

- kawhi quit on the team and the fans so no
- bosh quit on the team and the fans so no
- vince quit on the team and the fans so no
- demar never quit on the team or fans so yes
dacrusha
RealGM
And1: 5,410

Post#104 » by dacrusha » Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:46 pm

Demar is the only guy on the list who really deserves to have his number retired.

Kawhi won us a championship, so could be considered.

Bosh didn’t do anything special and left for bigger and better things… and cried after he left.

VC is about as deserving as Tmac… both did as much as Bosh while here, and both shat on the franchise and the fans on their way out. Oh yeah, and VC didn’t get the team to the second round - you can thank Alvin Williams for that.

Just compare Klow’s tenure here with VC’s for a good laugh.
"If you can’t make a profit, you should sell your team" - Michael Jordan
gei
Sixth Man
And1: 394

Post#105 » by gei » Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:53 pm

DeRozan accomplished nothing here worthy of a Jersey retirement, same with Bosh. Kawhi in theory did but then ran off, so also not worthy.

You could make the same case for Vince, but he also put this team on the map and may be the very reason we still have an NBA team to begin with, so he's the only one even worth of discussion. Other than the championship year, the prime Vince years were the highlight of the Raptors as an organization.
Bankai
RealGM
And1: 26,487

Post#106 » by Bankai » Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:20 am

Sorry but saying Demar deserves it the most, because he was here for a long time is like saying that Morris Peterson deserves it more because he was here for a long time. Funny thing is people rag on Vince for leaving "so soon" but Demar was a Raptor for only 1 year more than Vince. I like Demar, and he may get his retired eventually, but usually people who accomplished more, come first.
djsunyc
RealGM
And1: 67,184

Post#107 » by djsunyc » Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:53 pm

demar definitely.

no to kawhi but there should be something to honor in the arena - maybe a huge mural of the shot or something.

definitely no to bosh.

not sure about vince.

i think a ring of honor works better for kawhi + bosh + vince instead of a jersey retirement.

but nobody gets jack until kyle's #7 is hanging in the rafters.
rapluva
Analyst
And1: 938

Post#108 » by rapluva » Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:22 am

Vince Carter
Kyle Lowry
DeMar DeRozan

To me those three deserve to have their Jersey retired..as a raptor..

Kawhi so far has been the best talent Toronto has ever had, he helped bring the championship home. But he was here for one season and to me personally should not have his jersey retired .. if GMs had a jersey.. they need to do one for GMs.

Return to Toronto Raptors