Your best offer for Jusuf Nurkić, Anfernee Simons & Derrick Jones Jr.

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

Jamal23
Junior
And1: 18

Your best offer for Jusuf Nurkić, Anfernee Simons & Derrick Jones Jr. 

Post#1 » by Jamal23 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:16 am

Nurkic’s contract is not guaranteed for next season, and he acknowledged that he might not be back next year, citing confusion over the direction of the team. Nurkic’s comments might’ve opened the window for him to be traded it. With Portland having lost in the first round of the postseason in four of the last five years, there could be some changes that take place beyond just head coach Terry Stotts. If the Blazers want to keep Damian Lillard and CJ McCollum together and continue to build around them, they'll need some defensive help. Portland finished 29th in defense this season (115.3 rating), besting only the Sacramento Kings. Given that stat, the Blazers were lucky to even make the playoffs.

What is your best offer for Jusuf Nurkić, Anfernee Simons & Derrick Jones Jr.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,497

Re: Your best offer for Jusuf Nurkić, Anfernee Simons & Derrick Jones Jr. 

Post#2 » by zimpy27 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:23 am

Mavs should give it a try with Brunson, Green, J-Rich, WCS

Lillard, CJ, Norm, Covington, Powell -- Brunson, Green, J-Rich, Collins

Doncic, Simons, DFS, Porzingis, Nurkic -- Burke, DJJ, Kleber, Powell
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
BuddyBuckets
Rookie
And1: 958

Post#3 » by BuddyBuckets » Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:24 am

If Portland is blowing it up then something around Adams, Kira Lewis Jr & filler and the next LAL 1st and a future MIL 1st would be worth talking about for Nawlins. But this kind of offer would only be attractive if Lillard was going and POR wanted mass 1sts.

Pelicans also have 2nds in this years draft they could throw in.

Nurk / Jax
Zion / J Johnson
Ingram / Jones Jr
NAW / Bledsoe
Ball / Simons

I'm a big Simons fan though so I don't know what others would make of this.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,036

Post#4 » by Mavrelous » Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:34 am

Bobcats can offer something, they need a center, and Nurkic fits, their most likely candidate is Rozier for Nurkic/Simmons, but I'd assume a 3rd team would wold need to join to replace Rozier with a wing or a PF, I doubt they'd offer PJ, since he'd ft nicely with Nurk.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
MasterIchiro
RealGM
And1: 5,301

Post#5 » by MasterIchiro » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:12 pm

Hornets will have the cap to absorb Nurkic. What type of draft compensation would you want?

I don't think Hornets will let go of Rozier, Graham or Monk with Holmes available for money alone. If you're looking for defense from the Hornets you came to the wrong place though.

Hornets probably will first bid on Holmes and maybe turn to Zach Collins. He's more interesting than Nurkic. And I saw he's back on the floor.
It has been written...
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,444

Post#6 » by youngcrev » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:35 pm

Trading Nurkic doesn't feel like a good way to improve the defense. I know Olshey got a lot of **** for his comments, but outside of breaking up the Dame/CJ backcourt, I think it's tough to improve the defensive personnel much more than he has in the starting lineup. Now, leaning on Kanter and Melo off the bench (and not playing Jones) is another story.
MasterIchiro
RealGM
And1: 5,301

Post#7 » by MasterIchiro » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:43 pm

Something that doesn't compute for me is the fact the frontrunner for the coaching gig is D'Antoni. He's not exactly known for his attention to defense. Blazers just spent draft capital for Covington. The cupboard is kind of bare. The cap situation is not ideal. It's clear Blazers can't build around McCollum + Lillard. McCollum could be moved for defense. It's just tough going for this squad. I hope they keep Lillard.
It has been written...
Malapropism
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,411

Post#8 » by Malapropism » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:13 pm

Think Nurkic only moves in one of two scenarios:

1. In a move for a clear upgrade. Could be packaged with other players, but the guy coming back would be all-star/near all-star level.

2. Complete blow-up, in which moving him for draft compensation is preferable. In that case I think the Blazers would not trade Simons.
Apz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,927

Post#9 » by Apz » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:18 pm

Think mavs might consider it. Were talks abour Derrick jones last sumner i think it was. Anfernee im not sure what to think about yet. Nurkic is good but injured a lot, but together I think mavs might consider it since they lack quality. Would maybe have to buy out some guys tho to get the roster down.
cjmcallist
Sixth Man
And1: 734

Post#10 » by cjmcallist » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:39 pm

I think Nurkic would be great in BOS. POR could try to get Smart from BOS, or help facilitate the Walker trade by saving BOS a FRP.

POR out/in: Nurkic, Simons, DJJ, 2022 FRP (top 10 prot.) for Morris, Zubac
BOS out/in: Walker for Nurkic, DJJ, Kennard
LAC out/in: Morris, Zubac, Kennard for Walker, 2022 POR FRP (top 10 prot), Simons
Seems like a slight overpay from POR, but they do turn one starter into two starters. BOS has to take on Kennard, but it's cheaper than Walker. LAC get their point guard and replenish their picks and get a young guy.

POR out/in: Nurkic for Morris
BOS out/in: Smart for Nurkic
LAC out/in: Morris for Smart
Simpler version of above, only if BOS wants to move Smart - which I don't know if they do.
JD45
General Manager
And1: 261

Post#11 » by JD45 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:12 pm

zimpy27 wrote:Mavs should give it a try with Brunson, Green, J-Rich, WCS

I could see the Mavs doing something like that. Nurkic would be a nice big to use against the powerful Cs and to prevent small ball. KP could play some PF next to him. Simmons could play alongside Luka maybe. Not sure how well he defends as I don't follow Portland that much anymore.

ESPN trade machine says deal doesn't work, so might need a little more filler going back to the Mavs.
"Government is the great fiction through which everyone endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else"

Frederic Bastiat
Norm2953
RealGM
And1: 1,826

Post#12 » by Norm2953 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:41 pm

MasterIchiro wrote:Something that doesn't compute for me is the fact the frontrunner for the coaching gig is D'Antoni. He's not exactly known for his attention to defense. Blazers just spent draft capital for Covington. The cupboard is kind of bare. The cap situation is not ideal. It's clear Blazers can't build around McCollum + Lillard. McCollum could be moved for defense. It'ss just tough going for this squad. I hope they keep Lillard.

If there is no decent CJ deal that works for both Portland and the team trading for CJ, any team that has Dame/CJ
is not going to be even an average defensive team unless Portland's front court was stocked by elite defenders. A guy
like D'Antoni would likely craft a system that maximizes Portland offensively for Portland was a solid offensive team
despite getting relatively few easy transition baskets.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,497

Post#13 » by zimpy27 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:51 pm

JD45 wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:Mavs should give it a try with Brunson, Green, J-Rich, WCS

I could see the Mavs doing something like that. Nurkic would be a nice big to use against the powerful Cs and to prevent small ball. KP could play some PF next to him. Simmons could play alongside Luka maybe. Not sure how well he defends as I don't follow Portland that much anymore.

ESPN trade machine says deal doesn't work, so might need a little more filler going back to the Mavs.

Mavs likely bring back THJ so Simons would be from the bench or not necessarily needed in the trade.

Could just be Brunson+WCS+J-Rich for Nurkic+DJJ.

Doncic, THJ, DFS, Porzingis, Nurkic -- Burke, Green, DJJ, Kleber, Powell
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,805

Post#14 » by BlazersBroncos » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:21 pm

Portland would have zero interest in moving Nurkic, Simmons and DJJ for Brunson, Green, JRich and WCS. That in no way makes us better. None, zero.

Not a single one of those guys would even start for us.
Myth
General Manager
And1: 8,379

Post#15 » by Myth » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:43 pm

MasterIchiro wrote:Something that doesn't compute for me is the fact the frontrunner for the coaching gig is D'Antoni. He's not exactly known for his attention to defense. Blazers just spent draft capital for Covington. The cupboard is kind of bare. The cap situation is not ideal. It's clear Blazers can't build around McCollum + Lillard. McCollum could be moved for defense. It's just tough going for this squad. I hope they keep Lillard.

I’ve heard D’Antoni is interested, but I haven’t heard he is the front runner. I’ve heard Billups is Portland’s first choice. I do think D’Antoni is a decent fit for this roster, but he and the role players are not the direction Portland should be going.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,200

Post#16 » by babyjax13 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:44 pm

cjmcallist wrote:I think Nurkic would be great in BOS. POR could try to get Smart from BOS, or help facilitate the Walker trade by saving BOS a FRP.

POR out/in: Nurkic, Simons, DJJ, 2022 FRP (top 10 prot.) for Morris, Zubac
BOS out/in: Walker for Nurkic, DJJ, Kennard
LAC out/in: Morris, Zubac, Kennard for Walker, 2022 POR FRP (top 10 prot), Simons
Seems like a slight overpay from POR, but they do turn one starter into two starters. BOS has to take on Kennard, but it's cheaper than Walker. LAC get their point guard and replenish their picks and get a young guy.

POR out/in: Nurkic for Morris
BOS out/in: Smart for Nurkic
LAC out/in: Morris for Smart
Simpler version of above, only if BOS wants to move Smart - which I don't know if they do.

Morris is a terrible contract.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,200

Post#17 » by babyjax13 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:49 pm

Add some more assets and turn it into a three way for Siakam? With his recent injury news and the chemistry issues I wouldn't be surprised if he is more available.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,252

Post#18 » by JRoy » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:52 pm

[gfycat][/gfycat]
BlazersBroncos wrote:Portland would have zero interest in moving Nurkic, Simmons and DJJ for Brunson, Green, JRich and WCS. That in no way makes us better. None, zero.

Not a single one of those guys would even start for us.

We trade our best defensive player for 3 bench guys.

No thanks.
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
JasonStern
RealGM
And1: 3,839

Post#19 » by JasonStern » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:53 pm

Not saying there isn't a trade that makes sense, but what an obscure combination of players to package together.

Jusuf Nurkić - Win-now center. I think his "in the right situation" comments were emotional shots fired at management. He's real close with Lillard. So if Lillard is moved, I can see Nurkić wanting out. Otherwise, I think he was just upset with the team's overall performance. From a win-now standpoint, the Blazers are highly unlikely to get a better center at $12M to replace him, and he's one of the few centers in the league that can at least make Jokić work for what he gets. Although he does suffer from recurring injuries that seem to take him out for extended stretches.

Anfernee Simons - The guy just turned 22 and the GM is infatuated with his potential. If the Blazers were rebuilding, this is arguably the last player they would move.

Derrick Jones Jr. - An experiment that kind of made sense at the time, but obviously failed in Stotts' offense. I honestly believe the Blazers would gladly give him away for cap space in order to free up money to retain Powell. Doubt they would give up assets to dump him when they could either stretch him or potentially trade for a cheaper role player. I personally like the "DJJ+cash considerations for Avery Bradley" idea. If the Blazers keep him, expect a bounce-back year under a new coach. Of course, if you're coming off "DNP - CD"s, putting up any stats isn't saying much.

MasterIchiro wrote:Something that doesn't compute for me is the fact the frontrunner for the coaching gig is D'Antoni.

D'Antoni isn't a front-runner. His people just made it known that he is interested in the position.

BlazersBroncos wrote:Portland would have zero interest in moving Nurkic, Simmons and DJJ for Brunson, Green, JRich and WCS. That in no way makes us better. None, zero.

Simons not Simmons. But also not a fan of this from Portland's standpoint.
"You can't go 0-82 without starting 0-3"
- Chauncey Billups
Soulyss
General Manager
And1: 3,621

Post#20 » by Soulyss » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:05 pm

Man all of these deals are flat awful for Portland. Come on guys, at least TRY to look at it from Portland's perspective.

Return to Trades and Transactions