PC Board OT Thread Take 4 [No Politics]

Moderators: PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063

Doctor MJ
Senior Mod
Senior Mod
And1: 19,482

Re: PC Board OT Thread Take 4 [No Politics] 

Post#1001 » by Doctor MJ » Tue Jun 8, 2021 4:34 pm

Goudelock wrote:RealGM has doctors, lawyers, financial experts, and philosophers (many the same person!), so I gotta ask: do do we have any musicians in here?

I've recently gotten into guitar (recently being like 2 months ago) and I was wondering if anybody else here likes to play? I waited till after the worst of the pandemic to pick up an instrument so I feel like I may have missed the trendy boat, but I've had a blast. Found an old and free PDF of an instruction book and have been going through it after work.

Ragtime and Piedmont style blues and jazzy stuff just fascinates me. Like, they can play bass and melody at the same time, and some can even mimic percussion and it's like they're a whole band even though it's just a guy on a guitar.

Not professionally, but I play guitar and sing, write music and poetry, and love music festivals.

I'll also say my love and interest in things aesthetically driven has an influence on my sports analysis. I think it's really cool when we look at athletics as something other than just a competition.
Getting ready for the RealGM 100 on the PC Board

Come join the WNBA Board if you're a fan!
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 19,826

Post#1002 » by Colbinii » Tue Jun 8, 2021 4:50 pm

Goudelock wrote:RealGM has doctors, lawyers, financial experts, and philosophers (many the same person!), so I gotta ask: do do we have any musicians in here?

I've recently gotten into guitar (recently being like 2 months ago) and I was wondering if anybody else here likes to play? I waited till after the worst of the pandemic to pick up an instrument so I feel like I may have missed the trendy boat, but I've had a blast. Found an old and free PDF of an instruction book and have been going through it after work.

Ragtime and Piedmont style blues and jazzy stuff just fascinates me. Like, they can play bass and melody at the same time, and some can even mimic percussion and it's like they're a whole band even though it's just a guy on a guitar.

I play guitar and have for most of my life as my dad was always in a band growing up and he hosted band practice at our home.

Its a fulfilling hobby as Dutchball97 pointed out.

Doctor MJ wrote:love music festivals.

Which festivals have you enjoyed the most?

I went to a Bon Iver inspired Art and Music festival called Eaux Claires and it was hands down the best festival I have ever attended. The inaugural 2015 festival was unique in how it encapsulated art with the music.

I also enjoyed Beach Goth in Orange County which included a handful of classic punk bands like Violent Femmes, TLC and even Patti Smith.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
Doctor MJ
Senior Mod
Senior Mod
And1: 19,482

Post#1003 » by Doctor MJ » Tue Jun 8, 2021 6:21 pm

Colbinii wrote:

I went to a Bon Iver inspired Art and Music festival called Eaux Claires and it was hands down the best festival I have ever attended. The inaugural 2015 festival was unique in how it encapsulated art with the music.

I also enjoyed Beach Goth in Orange County which included a handful of classic punk bands like Violent Femmes, TLC and even Patti Smith.

Coachella's the big one for me. My wife and I have gone 19 times and were going back before it became the (super-expensive) cultural phenomenon it now is.

Some others I can think of Long Beach Blues, Music Tastes Good, Wave over Yonder, Pasadena Daydream. We've never travelled far for festivals, though I could see us doing it in the future.
Getting ready for the RealGM 100 on the PC Board

Come join the WNBA Board if you're a fan!
Goudelock
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,866

Post#1004 » by Goudelock » Wed Jun 9, 2021 2:00 am

Colbinii wrote:

I play guitar and have for most of my life as my dad was always in a band growing up and he hosted band practice at our home.

I'm hoping to go to some concerts now that i'm vaccinated, since I've never been to one but I've heard they're awesome. And I guess we do have a lot of guitar players here! Do y'all enjoy playing a particular style?
Devin Booker wrote:Bro.
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,528

Post#1005 » by Dr Positivity » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:56 pm

This Nadal Djokovic match is big time. The 3rd set was so good I think the president called in and cancelled the curfew.
Odinn21
Analyst
And1: 2,937

Post#1006 » by Odinn21 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:01 pm

Dr Positivity wrote:This Nadal Djokovic match is big time. The 3rd set was so good I think the president called in and cancelled the curfew.

2013 vibes.
The issue with per75 numbers;
36pts on 27 fga/9 fta in 36 mins, does this mean he'd keep up the efficiency to get 48pts on 36fga/12fta in 48 mins?
The answer; NO. He's human, not a linearly working machine.
Per75 is efficiency rate, not actual production.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,818

Post#1007 » by Texas Chuck » Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:17 pm

Not a musician but recommend South by Southwest (and for more than music) or Austin City Limits and who knows if he will ever do a live one again but Willie's 4th of July concert would be worth doing at least once for those who haven't.

Couple Texas options.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,528

Post#1008 » by Dr Positivity » Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:44 pm

Odinn21 wrote:
Dr Positivity wrote:This Nadal Djokovic match is big time. The 3rd set was so good I think the president called in and cancelled the curfew.

2013 vibes.

Maybe best win of Djokovic's career and now the roadmap is clear for most majors and GOAT title. Though this is no pushover final, I didn't realize Tsitsipas is just 22 which probably puts him the leader in the clubhouse now over ones like Zverev and Medvedev for younger players with the most potential.
Odinn21
Analyst
And1: 2,937

Post#1009 » by Odinn21 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:52 pm

Dr Positivity wrote:
Odinn21 wrote:

2013 vibes.

Maybe best win of Djokovic's career and now the roadmap is clear for most majors and GOAT title. Though this is no pushover final, I didn't realize Tsitsipas is just 22 which probably puts him the leader in the clubhouse now over ones like Zverev and Medvedev for younger players with the most potential.

I'm curious if Nadal was having some kind of physical troubles because other than when he was in a slump in 2015 and 2016, I've never seen him that visibly beaten on clay. He took off his ankle paddings, he looked like he was limping for a bit, his movement was bizarre near the end. He was totally out of rhythm. It was just odd.

Quite a meaningful win for Djokovic indeed. Especially after that 2020 Final. In terms of importance as changing the tides, probably the best win for him. He's one of the very rare sports people I actually feel negative towards (due to his weird sh.ts during the pandemic in 2020) but his chances for the most majors and retiring as the goat are definitely better than Nadal's at this point. Nadal would need some magical moments off clay, especially against Djokovic.
The issue with per75 numbers;
36pts on 27 fga/9 fta in 36 mins, does this mean he'd keep up the efficiency to get 48pts on 36fga/12fta in 48 mins?
The answer; NO. He's human, not a linearly working machine.
Per75 is efficiency rate, not actual production.
Jaivl
Head Coach
And1: 6,484

Post#1010 » by Jaivl » Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:30 pm

Nadal and Federer can fight for #2 OAT I guess.

I'm technically a clarinet pro (as in have a conservatory degree and be regularly paid to play) although I don't perform right now.
This place is a cesspool of mindless ineptitude, mental decrepitude, and intellectual lassitude. I refuse to be sucked any deeper into this whirlpool of groupthink sewage. My opinions have been expressed. I'm going to go take a shower.
Goudelock
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1011 » by Goudelock » Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:26 pm

Read on Twitter
MyUniBroDavis
General Manager
And1: 4,856

Post#1012 » by MyUniBroDavis » Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:49 am

Goudelock wrote:
Colbinii wrote:

I'm hoping to go to some concerts now that i'm vaccinated, since I've never been to one but I've heard they're awesome. And I guess we do have a lot of guitar players here! Do y'all enjoy playing a particular style?

Concerts are fun, my roomates went to an edm concert in Arizona altho I couldn’t make it cuz I’m simping, but I’m wondering how different the vibe is at different concerts sometimes. I’ve only really been to edm/house music concerts and not being into drugs when all my friends are does kinda suck at times lol
iggymcfrack wrote: I have Bird #19 and Kobe #20 on my all-time list and both guys will probably get passed by Jokic by the end of this season.

^^^^ posted January 8 2023 :banghead: :banghead:
Goudelock
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1013 » by Goudelock » Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:18 pm

Now we wait for the God of War trailer.
HeartBreakKid
RealGM
And1: 18,813

Post#1014 » by HeartBreakKid » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:17 am

Goudelock wrote:

Sony doesn't have a conference at E3 though.
MyUniBroDavis
General Manager
And1: 4,856

Post#1015 » by MyUniBroDavis » Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:26 am

Goudelock wrote:

I’m just mad kazuya didn’t kill kirby
iggymcfrack wrote: I have Bird #19 and Kobe #20 on my all-time list and both guys will probably get passed by Jokic by the end of this season.

^^^^ posted January 8 2023 :banghead: :banghead:
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#1016 » by bondom34 » Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:53 am

So today I learned this happened like a block from my grandparents' house.

MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
falcolombardi
General Manager
And1: 5,987

Post#1017 » by falcolombardi » Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:11 pm

i watched a 71 bucks game vs knicks

lots of interesting thinghs

the jumpers were siiky smooth, at least thst game, long 2's and what looked like would be 3's touching nothingh but net

kareem was very impressive athletically, great mobility for someone so big

didnt know willis Reed has such a silk jumper always imagines him as a power player

really, really fast pace. lots of pull up jumpers

game was either iso heavy but a quick one (driving into midrange and quickly passing to someone else if not possible to shoot) to Drive or post ups.very few picks and 2 man plays, many cuts however. like a less slow version of 90's ball

comments per usual om youtube were very nostalgic amd kinda detached from what was actually happening in the video.
lots of "not a jumper chucking fest like today" when for all intents and purpose it was a jumpshooting fest game(a really fun one), just of 2's instead of 3's
Jaivl
Head Coach
And1: 6,484

Post#1018 » by Jaivl » Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:28 pm

Hah France you suck
This place is a cesspool of mindless ineptitude, mental decrepitude, and intellectual lassitude. I refuse to be sucked any deeper into this whirlpool of groupthink sewage. My opinions have been expressed. I'm going to go take a shower.
Texas Chuck
And1: 88,818

Post#1019 » by Texas Chuck » Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:23 pm

Raise a glass of your choice to Ed O'Bannon tonight. A lifetime fight has finally been won against one of the worst organizations in sports.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
falcolombardi
General Manager
And1: 5,987

Post#1020 » by falcolombardi » Fri Jul 2, 2021 7:56 pm

Return to Player Comparisons