Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,866

Re: The Washington Football Team Thread 

Post#881 » by Wizardspride » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:04 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#882 » by Ruzious » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:08 pm

Wizardspride wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

Sounds like they're having some epic practice matchups between St-Juste and Dyami Brown - both being dynamic rookies - it's good to hear. William Jackson vs McLaurin must be something to watch. Team speed seems to be a big plus.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,883

Post#883 » by TGW » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:34 pm

I know that Fitz has been penciled in as starter, but I'm leaning towards Heiniken as my preferred starter. I think that kid is very good...to me, the only advantage Fitz has over him is durability. But from a pure talent perspective, Heiniken has the advantage IMO.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#884 » by Ruzious » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:09 pm

TGW wrote:I know that Fitz has been penciled in as starter, but I'm leaning towards Heiniken as my preferred starter. I think that kid is very good...to me, the only advantage Fitz has over him is durability. But from a pure talent perspective, Heiniken has the advantage IMO.

Taylor's added 15 lbs of muscle in the offseason. I love his combo of smarts and athleticism. I also like that they're paying him a bit more than Allen - an indication they'd go to him over Allen if something happens to Fitz. I'd love to be a fly on the wall during the team QB meetings - great minds, Fitz' being the wise grizzled veteran, Montez trying to keep up.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#885 » by Wizardspride » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:16 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#886 » by Ruzious » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:48 pm

Wizardspride wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

But but but... how can that be when all the experts say he doesn't look like an NFL QB, and there's no way you can depend on a journeyman like him to be your starter. He's just a scrawny little bookworm who studied up on football.
keynote
General Manager
And1: 2,587

Post#887 » by keynote » Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:52 am

Ruzious wrote:
TGW wrote:I know that Fitz has been penciled in as starter, but I'm leaning towards Heiniken as my preferred starter. I think that kid is very good...to me, the only advantage Fitz has over him is durability. But from a pure talent perspective, Heiniken has the advantage IMO.

Taylor's added 15 lbs of muscle in the offseason. I love his combo of smarts and athleticism. I also like that they're paying him a bit more than Allen - an indication they'd go to him over Allen if something happens to Fitz. I'd love to be a fly on the wall during the team QB meetings - great minds, Fitz' being the wise grizzled veteran, Montez trying to keep up.
IG trainer Joel Seedman regularly features Heineke in his feed.
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CP-_egNjYH3/?utm_medium=copy_link

Seedman designs a lot of innovative, eye-catching exercises. Imbalanced loads, funky isometrics, 90-def squats into strange positions, etc.
Always remember, my friend: the world will change again. And you may have to come back through everywhere you've been.
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,883

Post#888 » by TGW » Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:30 am

^^^Yea, he's trying to work those muscles that get missed in a typical workout.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#889 » by Wizardspride » Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:23 pm

Ruzious wrote:
Wizardspride wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

But but but... how can that be when all the experts say he doesn't look like an NFL QB, and there's no way you can depend on a journeyman like him to be your starter. He's just a scrawny little bookworm who studied up on football.

Well until proven otherwise he is a journeyman.

6 teams in 5 years. :)
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#890 » by Wizardspride » Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:20 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#891 » by Ruzious » Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:08 pm

Read on Twitter

Chase Young can sack a QB in 3 hops. What a freak o nature.
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,925

Post#892 » by tontoz » Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:17 pm

I would be fine starting Heinicke. He gave the Tampa defense fits in spite of several drops.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#893 » by Wizardspride » Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:26 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#894 » by Wizardspride » Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:51 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man
And1: 594

Post#895 » by BearlyBallin » Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:53 pm

Wizardspride wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

I hope they get the field right in time for this season. With so many fast players added to the team now I’d hate to see a muddy surface neutralize all that speed.

I can’t help remembering the old brown mud they used to spray paint green for TV. Then when ever it rained, the PR department (Coach Allen) claiming the sloppy playing conditions gave the skins the advantage.

I want a speedy playing surface to watch these new WRs fly down field with McLaurin. I think the first preseason game is in August. Get this thing done!
Tsze-Kung asked, "Is there one word which may serve as a rule of practice for all one's life?"

The Master said, "Is not Reciprocity such a word? What you do not want done to yourself, do not do to others."
~ Confucius about 500 BC
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#896 » by Wizardspride » Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:06 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Read on Twitter
?s=19
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#897 » by Wizardspride » Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:16 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Read on Twitter
?s=19
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#898 » by Wizardspride » Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:46 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#899 » by Ruzious » Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:11 pm

Wizardspride wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

Sounds like Lucas is a bit underrated.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#900 » by Ruzious » Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:13 pm

Wizardspride wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Mistakes will continue to be made. Dan, I think you mean well, but please sell.

Return to Washington Wizards