ImageImageImageImageImage

Lowry trending on twitter

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 63,480

Re: Lowry trending on twitter 

Post#101 » by OakleyDokely » Tue Jun 8, 2021 8:11 pm

Clippers are hard capped. It's extremely difficult for them to make a Lowry deal.
islandboy53
Pro Prospect
And1: 495

Post#102 » by islandboy53 » Tue Jun 8, 2021 10:44 pm

OakleyDokely wrote:Clippers are hard capped. It's extremely difficult for them to make a Lowry deal.

Lowry signed at 25, for 2 years presumably, for Zubac, Mann and Beverly works on the dollar side, and gives us more than we're likely going to find on the free agent market for the Lowry caps space. We have to find a third team to move Beverly to, but that should be possible with the addition of a second rounder. But is that something the Clippers do?
OakleyDokely
RealGM

Post#103 » by OakleyDokely » Wed Jun 9, 2021 3:15 pm

islandboy53 wrote:
OakleyDokely wrote:Clippers are hard capped. It's extremely difficult for them to make a Lowry deal.

Lowry signed at 25, for 2 years presumably, for Zubac, Mann and Beverly works on the dollar side, and gives us more than we're likely going to find on the free agent market for the Lowry caps space. We have to find a third team to move Beverly to, but that should be possible with the addition of a second rounder. But is that something the Clippers do?
Clips probably do that if they lose in the 2nd/3rd again.
AkelaLoneWolf
RealGM
And1: 12,204

Post#104 » by AkelaLoneWolf » Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:13 am

Like I said it’s better to sign Lowry now and then trade him at the deadline and the restrictive s&t rules won’t apply.
"We're the middle children of history. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our great war is a spiritual war. Our great depression is our lives." - Tyler Durden in Fight Club.
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,875

Post#105 » by OAKLEY_2 » Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:30 am

islandboy53 wrote:

Where can I sign off on this trade?
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 10,067

Post#106 » by tecumseh18 » Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:13 am

OAKLEY_2 wrote:
islandboy53 wrote:

Only if the #25 pick is coming back, too. As much as I really like Mann, I want more than that.
Caped Crusader
Veteran
And1: 3,855

Post#107 » by Caped Crusader » Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:56 am

tecumseh18 wrote:
OAKLEY_2 wrote:
islandboy53 wrote:

Only if the #25 pick is coming back, too. As much as I really like Mann, I want more than that.
Is there any way we waive Beverley? I can't ever cheer for him.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app
John Murdoch
General Manager
And1: 7,259

Post#108 » by John Murdoch » Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:07 am

PrinceAli wrote:Genuinely believe the Lakers would’ve made it past Phx with Lowry. Would’ve also bought AD time to return. Might’ve cost them a ring by overrating THT

Miami probably still would’ve lost with Lowry. And if they didn’t, they would’ve lost to Bkn so I don’t rly blame them

Lakers were stupid tho

AD was cooked either way . I cant really blame Pelinka tbh
Magic#1 wrote:We have won two playoff games in two years. If we decide to keep this team for the next two years, maybe it will feel like we won a series.
Captain Ballmer
Pro Prospect
And1: 724

Post#109 » by Captain Ballmer » Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:06 am

islandboy53 wrote:

If Kawhi ok to continue in LA, I'm definitely see that road. We simply can't play Rondo becuase of spacing problems he creates, so Lowry is not only better shooter&scorer but also better playmaker at this point of their careers.

However, I think you should expect Mann out of that package, we have our 25th pick in 2021 draft we might offer instead. Mann is playoff ready, low ceiling 24 year old 2 year of cost controlled energy guy. Clippers need exactly Mann kind of player to shape rest of their roster.
2023 Clippers W/L Count (51-31)
(Russ at bench 42-15)
without PG13 3-3
Without Kawhi 7-4
Without Russ 6-6
OAKLEY_2
RealGM

Post#110 » by OAKLEY_2 » Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:50 am

tecumseh18 wrote:
OAKLEY_2 wrote:
islandboy53 wrote:

Nobody can be greedy unless moving tier 1 free agents.
OAKLEY_2
RealGM

Post#111 » by OAKLEY_2 » Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:54 am

Caped Crusader wrote:
tecumseh18 wrote:
OAKLEY_2 wrote:

Is there any way we waive Beverley? I can't ever cheer for him.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app

Nurse will have him in the Bembry role for one season of Leave it to Beverley.
OAKLEY_2
RealGM

Post#112 » by OAKLEY_2 » Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:01 pm

Captain Ballmer wrote:
islandboy53 wrote:

If Kawhi ok to continue in LA, I'm definitely see that road. We simply can't play Rondo becuase of spacing problems he creates, so Lowry is not only better shooter&scorer but also better playmaker at this point of their careers.

However, I think you should expect Mann out of that package, we have our 25th pick in 2021 draft we might offer instead. Mann is playoff ready, low ceiling 24 year old 2 year of cost controlled energy guy. Clippers need exactly Mann kind of player to shape rest of their roster.

How do you get the 2021 25th pick when sign and trade comes after the draft? You cannot announce a S+T at the draft as is part of traditional July 1 signing of free agents.
OAKLEY_2
RealGM

Post#113 » by OAKLEY_2 » Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:06 pm

Lowry has to go to the Raps and say I have a deal in principle with the Clips if Masai can get Zubac -Beverley-Tre Mann. Clips won't miss Mann as all they do is sign fringe players like GSW.
Captain Ballmer
Pro Prospect
And1: 724

Post#114 » by Captain Ballmer » Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:14 pm

OAKLEY_2 wrote:
Captain Ballmer wrote:
islandboy53 wrote:

How do you get the 2021 25th pick when sign and trade comes after the draft? You cannot announce a S+T at the draft as is part of traditional July 1 signing of free agents.

Yep. Clearly the prospect of #25 will be on Raptors in this case. This scenario will probably come down to how much Lowry wants to play for the Clippers/Ballmer with KL#2. S&T offers has to be min. 3 years and I can think Ballmer easily accepts Kawhi's request of 3/75 offer for Lowry.
2023 Clippers W/L Count (51-31)
(Russ at bench 42-15)
without PG13 3-3
Without Kawhi 7-4
Without Russ 6-6
tecumseh18
RealGM

Post#115 » by tecumseh18 » Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:41 pm

OAKLEY_2 wrote:
tecumseh18 wrote:
OAKLEY_2 wrote:

Nobody can be greedy unless moving tier 1 free agents.

We're taking back Beverley's dead weight contract, giving Clippers the GROAT - exactly the type of player the Clippers need - and you think demanding a late first is "greedy"?

Lowry is worth a first. "Greedy" was wanting two firsts from the Sixers. But justified in that case, because they're division/conference rivals.
islandboy53
Pro Prospect
And1: 495

Post#116 » by islandboy53 » Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:22 pm

Captain Ballmer wrote:
OAKLEY_2 wrote:
Captain Ballmer wrote:

Yep. Clearly the prospect of #25 will be on Raptors in this case. This scenario will probably come down to how much Lowry wants to play for the Clippers/Ballmer with KL#2. S&T offers has to be min. 3 years and I can think Ballmer easily accepts Kawhi's request of 3/75 offer for Lowry.

Looking more closely at LAC's salary situation for next year, they are already projected at $5 million over the tax apron of $143 million. That means they can't accept a player in a sign and trade, unless they can bring their total salary below the apron when the deal is complete, and leave room to fill out their roster below the apron. That means moving a large salary (Ibaka 9.7 million, Rondo 8.2 million, Kennard 12.7 million, Morris 15.6 million) to a third team for little or nothing coming back.

Alternatively, the Lowry deal might be restructured so that the Raptors take back enough extra salary to get the Clippers below the apron. They can take back an extra $5 million, on up to $19.6 million going out, so Beverly (14.3), Zubac (7.5), and Mann (1.8) could generate a 3 year deal for Kyle starting at about $18.6 million. Is that the best he can do? Probably in the ballpark, but, who knows, right.

All of that to say that while it's not impossible, the Clippers are a very challenging destination for Lowry.
tecumseh18
RealGM

Post#117 » by tecumseh18 » Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:25 pm

OAKLEY_2 wrote:
Captain Ballmer wrote:
islandboy53 wrote:

But if Z, Mann and Beverley was sufficient return for Lowry, the deal could have happened at the deadline. Why didn't it? It apparently wasn't even on the table.

My theory is that the Raps wanted a pick, and were using Lakers purely as leverage to extract one from Sixers and/or Heat. But now, they really want a damn pick. I've always assumed it would be from the Lakers (their #22), especially because Lowry actually played in that last game against the Lakers and really showed out, but matching salaries will be harder with the Lakers.

I'm assuming that in the discussions between Lowry and the other teams about next years' salary, one team agreed to Lowry's number. So that will be the deal. Whether it's the Clippers or the Lakers, they will use their pick on a guy that they and the Raps agree to. If the S&T deal falls apart, then they'll just keep the pick.
Badonkadonk
Head Coach
And1: 11,748

Post#118 » by Badonkadonk » Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:00 am

It's honestly so much fun watching teams that could have benefited from Lowry just crumble in the playoffs.

The Raps 'chip should have been a permanent reminder at how razor thin the opening for a title run might be. Not cashing your chips in when you have a legit roster is just weak.

Hope Morey is enjoying George Hill's contribution these playoffs, or watching the young guys he wanted to hang on to contribute nothing when it matters.
OakleyDokely
RealGM

Post#119 » by OakleyDokely » Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:07 am

Who needs Lowry when you have Ge0rge Hill.
alpngso
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,336

Post#120 » by alpngso » Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:09 am

Badonkadonk wrote:It's honestly so much fun watching teams that could have benefited from Lowry just crumble in the playoffs.

The Raps 'chip should have been a permanent reminder at how razor thin the opening for a title run might be. Not cashing your chips in when you have a legit roster is just weak.

Hope Morey is enjoying George Hill's contribution these playoffs, or watching the young guys he wanted to hang on to contribute nothing when it matters.

Sixers thought G. Hill could provide what Lowry can so lol

Return to Toronto Raptors