Image ImageImage Image

Dennis Schroder, Lonzo Ball, Reggie Jackson, Dinwiddie, Cameron Payne, Lowry, take your pick

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,171

Re: Dennis Schroeder, Lonzo Ball, Reggie Jackson, Dinwiddie, Cameron Payne, Lowry, take your pick 

Post#81 » by HomoSapien » Wed Jun 9, 2021 10:04 pm

Kemba Walker is not surprisingly on the trade block. If I remember correctly, it was rumored that AK was interested in him last year. Despite his injury issues, his regular-season numbers weren't too bad (admittedly I didn't watch much of him) and he's still 31 and less ancient than other names we've discussed. If we think it's possible that he could get over his injury issues, then he's someone that's worth putting on the list. He makes a lot of money, but is only signed for two years so it's not the biggest gamble. If he doesn't work out, then he's a large expiring contract the following season.

I'm guessing that his trade value is pretty low, so I would imagine that a deal centered around Sato, Thad, and Aminu would work. If we address our PG issue by trade, we can comfortably go over the cap to resign Theis or Lauri.

C. Vuc/?
PF.Theis./Markannen
SF.Williams/Brown Jr.
SG.LaVine/Temple
PG.Walker/White

If Walker can stay healthy, we have a solid big 3.

ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
SalmonsSuperfan
Starter
And1: 2,134

Re: Dennis Schroeder, Lonzo Ball, Reggie Jackson, Dinwiddie, Cameron Payne, Lowry, take your pick 

Post#82 » by SalmonsSuperfan » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:47 am

not sure about kemba. he's a nice player who could help the bulls win a few extra games next season, but he doesn't really fix many of this team's glaring issues. feels to me like a more 'proven' version of coby, except much smaller, older, and making $30m more a year. above average scorer, below average playmaker. if we're gonna use up a lot of cap space, even if in the short term, would rather have ball, who i'm not so sure is the right signing anyway (if he would even want to sign here), but might at least be valuable around the league after his contract.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,515

Post#83 » by DuckIII » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:12 am

Kemba is the exact opposite of what we need at point guard. Score first, questionable defense, 31 years old, with injury issues.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#84 » by HomoSapien » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:32 am

DuckIII wrote:Kemba is the exact opposite of what we need at point guard. Score first, questionable defense, 31 years old, with injury issues.

Not that I disagree, but the choices after Ball are pretty limited and depressing. Kemba's far from a perfect fit, but he likely wouldn't cost any important assets, would be a relatively low-risk addition, and if healthy can be an impact player. To be clear, I would rather prioritize guys like Lowry and Conley, but Walker is at least a name to keep on this awful list. I'd personally rather go down that road, than invest in someone like Schroeder to a long-term deal.
Axl Rose
Head Coach
And1: 3,936

Post#85 » by Axl Rose » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:21 am

Kemba would be great if it wasn't for that 37 million dollar player option. I don't think it would be wise to tie up big money past 2023 this offseason (unless we're talking someone like Lillard of course).
I don't do the dishes, I throw them in the crib
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,639

Post#86 » by sco » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:13 pm

HomoSapien wrote:
DuckIII wrote:Kemba is the exact opposite of what we need at point guard. Score first, questionable defense, 31 years old, with injury issues.

Not that I disagree, but the choices after Ball are pretty limited and depressing. Kemba's far from a perfect fit, but he likely wouldn't cost any important assets, would be a relatively low-risk addition, and if healthy can be an impact player. To be clear, I would rather prioritize guys like Lowry and Conley, but Walker is at least a name to keep on this awful list. I'd personally rather go down that road, than invest in someone like Schroeder to a long-term deal.

Fair point. A healthy Kemba would make us better, but we really need someone who can defend the Young's and Curry's of the world (as much as that is possible). That's why I like Ball, but also would try to nab Smart.

On Schroeder, I saw on ESPN that Magic Johnson was recently something to the effect that "this guy sucks - get him out of here".
:clap:
ATRAIN53
Head Coach
And1: 2,560

Post#87 » by ATRAIN53 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:07 pm

I gotta admit I'm shocked to see Payne looking at a decent payday.

But I'm kinda happy for him.

Like 8 teams, 9 NBA seasons. Waived twice.
He was on a $150,000 contract with Toronto and waived.
Doesn't the team equipment guy get paid more than that?

But the guy has not given up and look at where he is now-
He's still just 26 and seems to be improving.
CP3 is the first HOF guy he has played with since Westbrick - and the kid seems to be learning and studying him

Do I want him - NO

But a lot of kids have flamed out and given up long before they hit this point.
I like him down threre in PHX and he seems liek a good fit.
Good luck and go get yer payday Mr Payne, you have worked hard for it.
LateNight
Starter
And1: 1,449

Post#88 » by LateNight » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:10 pm

ATRAIN53 wrote:I gotta admit I'm shocked to see Payne looking at a decent payday.

But I'm kinda happy for him.

Like 8 teams, 9 NBA seasons. Waived twice.
He was on a $150,000 contract with Toronto and waived.
Doesn't the team equipment guy get paid more than that?

But the guy has not given up and look at where he is now-
He's still just 26 and seems to be improving.
CP3 is the first HOF guy he has played with since Westbrick - and the kid seems to be learning and studying him

Do I want him - NO

But a lot of kids have flamed out and given up long before they hit this point.
I like him down threre in PHX and he seems liek a good fit.
Good luck and go get yer payday Mr Payne, you have worked hard for it.

We'll always have "The Cam Payne Game":

I remember watching this and thinking "Boy, that came out of nowhere"
johnnyvann840
RealGM
And1: 18,703

Post#89 » by johnnyvann840 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:27 pm

WATCH: Lonzo Ball gives shoutout to Bulls guard Zach LaVine on Instagram

Lonzo Ball’s upcoming free agency will be one of the more discussed of any player on the market this offseason, a byproduct both of his popularity and skillset and the dehydrated market. As a result, every move he makes or hints at will be psychoanalyzed until free agency begins in August.

All of that precursor is to set up a video Ball posted to his Instagram on Thursday which will likely be subject to that over-analyzing. In a (pretty clearly) sponsored post, Ball shouted out Bulls guard Zach LaVine and retired superstar and Jazz owner Dwyane Wade for their performance on TBS’ new show The Cube.

https://lonzowire.usatoday.com/2021/06/10/watch-lonzo-ball-gives-shoutout-to-bulls-guard-zach-lavine-on-instagram/
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
CobyWhite0
Rookie
And1: 819

Post#90 » by CobyWhite0 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:40 pm

johnnyvann840 wrote:

Lonzo Ball’s upcoming free agency will be one of the more discussed of any player on the market this offseason, a byproduct both of his popularity and skillset and the dehydrated market. As a result, every move he makes or hints at will be psychoanalyzed until free agency begins in August.

All of that precursor is to set up a video Ball posted to his Instagram on Thursday which will likely be subject to that over-analyzing. In a (pretty clearly) sponsored post, Ball shouted out Bulls guard Zach LaVine and retired superstar and Jazz owner Dwyane Wade for their performance on TBS’ new show The Cube.

https://lonzowire.usatoday.com/2021/06/10/watch-lonzo-ball-gives-shoutout-to-bulls-guard-zach-lavine-on-instagram/

So apparently, Lonzo wants to be a Bull, or he wants to take Conley's place in Utah
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#91 » by HomoSapien » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:11 pm

CobyWhite0 wrote:
johnnyvann840 wrote:

So apparently, Lonzo wants to be a Bull, or he wants to take Conley's place in Utah

If this picture is any indication, and it definitely is, then Lonzo to Chicago is a sure thing.
sco
RealGM

Post#92 » by sco » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:13 pm

HomoSapien wrote:
CobyWhite0 wrote:

If this picture is any indication, and it definitely is, then Lonzo to Chicago is a sure thing.

As much as I'd like their bond to be more...likely just because they're both UCLA guys.
CobyWhite0
Rookie
And1: 819

Post#93 » by CobyWhite0 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:37 pm

HomoSapien wrote:
CobyWhite0 wrote:

You certainly can't deny photographic evidence lol
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,519

Post#94 » by dice » Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:52 am

Axl Rose wrote:Kemba would be great if it wasn't for that 37 million dollar player option. I don't think it would be wise to tie up big money past 2023 this offseason (unless we're talking someone like Lillard of course).

the option is for '22-'23

still a bad idea
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
tunit213
Senior
And1: 398

Post#95 » by tunit213 » Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:09 am

Ball is such a great fit next to Lavine. Not only the defense but the fast break opportunities he creates with his defense.

sco
RealGM

Post#96 » by sco » Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:58 pm

tunit213 wrote:Ball is such a great fit next to Lavine. Not only the defense but the fast break opportunities he creates with his defense.

So is there a realistic scenario where we get him? I'm having trouble seeing it. I really don't expect AK to not keep Thad and I am pretty confident he will also sign Theis. We won't likely have enough cap space to sign Ball. I also think NY will go a different direction, so there won't be pressure on NO to pay-up or S&T him to us. I don't see either NO or Lauri wanting a parallel S&T.
Hangtime84
RealGM
And1: 4,384

Post#97 » by Hangtime84 » Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:01 pm

sco wrote:
tunit213 wrote:Ball is such a great fit next to Lavine. Not only the defense but the fast break opportunities he creates with his defense.

So is there a realistic scenario where we get him? I'm having trouble seeing it. I really don't expect AK to not keep Thad and I am pretty confident he will also sign Theis. We won't likely have enough cap space to sign Ball. I also think NY will go a different direction, so there won't be pressure on NO to pay-up or S&T him to us. I don't see either NO or Lauri wanting a parallel S&T.

Well because David Griffin clearly has Pelicans interests over player preference (JJ redick situation)

Ball signs no offer sheets so pelicans cannot match anything. Ball signs the QO and controls his own destiny. We revisit this conversation again mid season and off season

Edit: I also found this wiretap report also interesting
Josh Hart will be a restricted free agent this offseason and sources tell the Cleveland Plain Dealer that he would like a "fresh start" after two seasons with the New Orleans Pelicans.
Jcool0 wrote:
aguifs wrote:Do we have a friggin plan?

If the Bulls do, you would be complaining to much to ever hear it.

NBA fan logic we need to trade one of two best players because (Player X) one needs to shine more.
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,221

Post#98 » by Dan Z » Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:16 pm

HomoSapien wrote:

Look at Kemba's playoff numbers, they were bad. I also don't trust his health going forward. If the Bulls do inquire about him I'd hope we'd get an asset back for taking on his contract (plus Thad and Sato are solid vets ,so they should have some value...not a lot, but some).

I'd prefer to go after Rubio, but I don't know if Minnesota wants to trade him.
sco
RealGM

Post#99 » by sco » Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:16 pm

Dan Z wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:

Look at Kemba's playoff numbers, they were bad. I also don't trust his health going forward. If the Bulls do inquire about him I'd hope we'd get an asset back for taking on his contract (plus Thad and Sato are solid vets ,so they should have some value...not a lot, but some).

I'd prefer to go after Rubio, but I don't know if Minnesota wants to trade him.

I don't mind Walker if we can get enough back in that deal to compensate us if he is a complete bust. Not that the $ could work, but taking Smart (who I think would be perfect), and sending back Lauri (S&T - who might be a good fit), Aminu, Sato, Thad would be a great deal for us.
Chicago-Bull-E
RealGM
And1: 7,223

Post#100 » by Chicago-Bull-E » Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:43 pm

I actually like Josh Hart a lot too as a free agent. He can start at the 3 spot and has been solid defensively.
KC: Do you still think you're a championship-caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if I'm wrong

Return to Chicago Bulls