ImageImageImageImageImage

Report: Scott Brooks Likely to Return

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,888

Re: Report: Scott Brooks Likely to Return 

Post#41 » by TGW » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:10 pm

payitforward wrote:The Wizards are not "an organization" of any kind. They are a product of an organization called Monumental Sports & Entertainment. MS&E is not a mom 'n pop organization. It's a big company with high level investors.

You ever consider a career in politics? :lol:

Good lord, dude.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#42 » by FAH1223 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:57 pm

Quinton Mayo is Beal’s Ahmad Rashad

Hanging out with Mrs. Beal.

I won’t doubt his sources
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,871

Post#43 » by payitforward » Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:05 pm

TGW wrote:
payitforward wrote:The Wizards are not "an organization" of any kind. They are a product of an organization called Monumental Sports & Entertainment. MS&E is not a mom 'n pop organization. It's a big company with high level investors.

Good lord, dude.

Oh, sure, pick a fight why don't you...?

My point was that until people stop buying their product, Monumental isn't going to change it.

Isn't that kind of true?
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
payitforward
RealGM

Post#44 » by payitforward » Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:08 pm

Maybe, if we're lucky, Mayo posted about Brooks being rehired as a way to create negative reaction, so that Ted might change his mind about the decision.

Okay... that's just a dream, but... maybe??
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,730

Post#45 » by gambitx777 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:43 pm

Man if this is true.... Scott going yeah fire everyone else as long as I keep my job.... Is just the lowest of the low.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using RealGM mobile app
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,527

Post#46 » by closg00 » Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:44 am

This is all on Ted, he is responsible for the dysfunction and listless lack of direction, there is no hope for this franchise while Ted is the owner.
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,158

Post#47 » by AFM » Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:07 am

payitforward wrote:
TGW wrote:

Good lord, dude.

My point was that until people stop buying their product, Monumental isn't going to change it.

Isn't that kind of true?

I was under the impression that a good % of Wiz tickets were sold to corporations, who don't care about the product. Am I wrong?
DANNYLANDOVER
Veteran
And1: 438

Post#48 » by DANNYLANDOVER » Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:00 am

MAXIMUM PAIN!
badinage
Bench Warmer
And1: 884

Post#50 » by badinage » Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:14 am

badinage
Bench Warmer

Post#51 » by badinage » Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:16 am

Remember, Tommy Shepp was in PR long before he was an exec.

I think this is a lot like when we were made to think Tommy Shepp was running with Wall. He said all the right things. Total support. And then ...

Mike Budenholzer is about to get the axe in Milwaukee. I think Tommy Shepp is gonna pounce.

Budenholzer won 60 in Atlanta and turned the Bucks into a power. He has disciplined teams that don’t burn themselves out. His teams are smart and prepared. He’d be an enormous upgrade.

With this float — and PIF called it — Tommy Shepp can display loyalty, while telling the media that a unique and unlikely opportunity came along.
badinage
Bench Warmer

Post#52 » by badinage » Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:17 am

payitforward
RealGM

Post#53 » by payitforward » Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:22 am

May it be so -- would be great to have Budenholzer here!
Dark Faze
Head Coach
And1: 2,011

Post#54 » by Dark Faze » Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:26 pm

Not shocked. You're setting up a new coach to fail by taking over the current situation. Nobody of quality will want to a take a job with this roster where it's win in a single season or risk a full rebuild.
pcbothwel
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,570

Post#55 » by pcbothwel » Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:43 pm

Dark Faze wrote:Not shocked. You're setting up a new coach to fail by taking over the current situation. Nobody of quality will want to a take a job with this roster where it's win in a single season or risk a full rebuild.

Counter point. Our team is considered to be hardworking with a decent talent base. Its well known that Brooks is trash.
Getting to the 2nd round would be considered a success for this team. I think any coach worth their salt would see that as a low bar. Oh yeah, and we'll pay very well
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,097

Post#56 » by Dat2U » Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:23 pm

payitforward wrote:
TGW wrote:

Good lord, dude.

Isn't that kind of true?

Seems like MS&E and their high level investors aren't making these basketball decisions. Russell Westbrook & Bradley Beal are.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,704

Post#57 » by montestewart » Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:33 pm

AFM wrote:
payitforward wrote:
TGW wrote:You ever consider a career in politics? :lol:

Good lord, dude.

Isn't that kind of true?

I was under the impression that a good % of Wiz tickets were sold to corporations, who don't care about the product. Am I wrong?

I think you are right, and of course true with virtually all of the boxes and a very high % of the premium seats. But the same is true in NY, LA, SF, Miami, Houston, and plenty of other cities. I've watched games in corporate boxes before, and it seemed sometimes I was the only one watching the game. It's a promotional prop for companies, based largely on the popularity of the NBA. Still, a team that is never a threat to contend is not a great sell where there are other options.

Relative to the rest of the league, the Wizards' best attendance peaked during the MJ period, was still pretty high during the prime Arenas years, and has since plummeted to the point where they are regularly fighting to get out of the third tier. A decline of more than 100,000 people attending per year. Also am guessing that with that decline comes more giveaway seats and no shows.

If you play to a packed house, for the season, fans probably in most cases payed full price, showed up, and paid extra money for food, beer, parking, souvenirs, etc. If the Wizards yearly capacity is 800,000, a drop to 700,000 maybe costs them $10,000,000 a year. Maybe someone else here has done some analysis of the correspondence between team success, ticket pricing, and game attendance. Maybe it is not as strong as I assume it is.Got a spreadsheet for that, Nate?

I stopped buying tickets after the strike season, trying to do my part. Terd said, "So long sucker, there's plenty more where you came from." I have been too busy this season, have seen maybe 2-3 games start to finish, surely no more than 10 games total, playoffs included. Being deprived of the Wizards' yearly grasping for consolation prizes, and it's persistent stand pat stances, has been pretty freeing.

Wizards pass for an old lover trying to win you back. Poor decision making at the top and inferior ball skills below offer only something to maybe pass an occasional night away. If drunk enough.

If Brooks is such a nice guy, and it's not about money, pay him $8,000,000 a year to be assistant coach who coddles stars. Hire someone who doesn't give a ***** about that but understands rotations and plays and can be decisive.
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#58 » by FAH1223 » Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:00 pm

Dat2U wrote:
payitforward wrote:
TGW wrote:You ever consider a career in politics? :lol:

Good lord, dude.

Isn't that kind of true?

Seems like MS&E and their high level investors aren't making these basketball decisions. Russell Westbrook & Bradley Beal are.

Who remembers

Read on Twitter

:lol:
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,055

Post#59 » by queridiculo » Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:51 pm

This is all going to come down to how much Brooks will let himself be lowballed to keep a seat at the table.

Not a chance in hell Leonsis is going keep compensating Brooks at the current level, so this may come down to how much pride Brooks has.

Realistically, what are the chances Brooks is going to get another job anytime soon?

The Pacers might be an option, but outside of the Kings that's probably the most volatile coaching situation in the league.

Leonsis wouldn't even re-negotiate Barry Trotz's contract after he delivered a Stanley Cup to him, what are the chances he's going to retain Brooks at his current salary...
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,055

Post#60 » by queridiculo » Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:56 pm

Coach76 wrote:It's not that hard to fire a bad coach. The Wizards can't do that either though.

The hilarious part is, they don't even have to fire Brooks, his contract his up!

Return to Washington Wizards