ImageImageImageImage

New Mock Draft

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 9,854

Re: New Mock Draft 

Post#101 » by KillMonger » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:00 pm

Magic Mops wrote:
KillMonger wrote:
Magic Mops wrote:

Newest Mock from Cbssports

With the 3rd pickthe Magic select Evan Mobley
With the 10th pick the Magic select Keon Johnson

we pass up Jalen Green for Mobley? doubt that....honestly i'm not sure even Detroit would pass up Mobley at 2 for Suggs....i don't see many mocks selecting suggs 2nd overall

If at 3 the choice is between Suggs and Green , i would choose Suggs

interesting.....i wonder why exactly....i like suggs... i like that he's a great defensive player....terror in transition....intangibles all day....but at the same time.....he's not as good a shooter as you would think....he isn't really a shot creator, he's not really the kind of player you can give the ball to and say give me a bucket he has little shake to his game....Off ball shooting leaves a bit to be desired as i recall correctly 30% catch and shoot? not as good as it should be...i'm not really concerned with him creating for others but rather creating for himself....all in all i don't think he measures up to the upper tier in the top 5 for me but obviously you do so i would love to hear your assessment
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,079

Post#102 » by tiderulz » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:50 pm

KillMonger wrote:
Magic Mops wrote:
KillMonger wrote:we pass up Jalen Green for Mobley? doubt that....honestly i'm not sure even Detroit would pass up Mobley at 2 for Suggs....i don't see many mocks selecting suggs 2nd overall

interesting.....i wonder why exactly....i like suggs... i like that he's a great defensive player....terror in transition....intangibles all day....but at the same time.....he's not as good a shooter as you would think....he isn't really a shot creator, he's not really the kind of player you can give the ball to and say give me a bucket he has little shake to his game....Off ball shooting leaves a bit to be desired as i recall correctly 30% catch and shoot? not as good as it should be...i'm not really concerned with him creating for others but rather creating for himself....all in all i don't think he measures up to the upper tier in the top 5 for me but obviously you do so i would love to hear your assessment

he isnt a great shooter, but isnt a bad shooter either. And he just finished freshman year. yes, a little older than the typical freshman, but he was also playing football throughout HS too, which would take some development time away from basketball.

could very easily view him as a slightly bigger Jrue Holiday. Jrue shot 31% from 3 his 1 year in college.
Magic Mops
Junior
And1: 83

Post#103 » by Magic Mops » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:15 pm

KillMonger wrote:
Magic Mops wrote:
KillMonger wrote:we pass up Jalen Green for Mobley? doubt that....honestly i'm not sure even Detroit would pass up Mobley at 2 for Suggs....i don't see many mocks selecting suggs 2nd overall

Suggs is unselfish. He is a true floor general who makes everyone around him better, always looking to make the extra pass or correct read for the benefit of his team and teammates.

He is an elite passer and playmaker in the halfcourt and especially in transition. He's always looking to push the pace and does so effectively.

He's a great decision maker and he's more than capable of making advanced passes in pick-and-rolls or drive-and-kick situations.

Suggs is at his best when he gets downhill, using his blend of speed and athleticism to get all the way to the rim and score with ease.

He's a good ball-handler and change-of-pace dribbler with an explosive first step, pairing well with his ability to finish strong around the basket with both hands.

Suggs is an athletic finisher with great body control who puts pressure on the rim with powerful drives, inviting and welcoming contact.

He's a solid – but not yet knockdown – shooter who doesn't lack confidence in his jumper with smooth mechanics that should bode well for his development in that area. He had some experience playing off-ball this past season where he showcased a future as a combo guard, active as a cutter while also navigating around screens to get open catch-and-shoot looks.

Defensively, his competitive edge and demeanour shine through with a willingness to take on any assignment. He's a tough on-ball defender with quick feet and active hands and an intelligent off-ball defender with strong anticipation skills.
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 9,854

Post#104 » by KillMonger » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:42 pm

Magic Mops wrote:
KillMonger wrote:
Magic Mops wrote:If at 3 the choice is between Suggs and Green , i would choose Suggs

Suggs is unselfish. He is a true floor general who makes everyone around him better, always looking to make the extra pass or correct read for the benefit of his team and teammates.

He is an elite passer and playmaker in the halfcourt and especially in transition. He's always looking to push the pace and does so effectively.

He's a great decision maker and he's more than capable of making advanced passes in pick-and-rolls or drive-and-kick situations.

Suggs is at his best when he gets downhill, using his blend of speed and athleticism to get all the way to the rim and score with ease.

He's a good ball-handler and change-of-pace dribbler with an explosive first step, pairing well with his ability to finish strong around the basket with both hands.

Suggs is an athletic finisher with great body control who puts pressure on the rim with powerful drives, inviting and welcoming contact.

He's a solid – but not yet knockdown – shooter who doesn't lack confidence in his jumper with smooth mechanics that should bode well for his development in that area. He had some experience playing off-ball this past season where he showcased a future as a combo guard, active as a cutter while also navigating around screens to get open catch-and-shoot looks.

Defensively, his competitive edge and demeanour shine through with a willingness to take on any assignment. He's a tough on-ball defender with quick feet and active hands and an intelligent off-ball defender with strong anticipation skills.

fair assessment....don't quite agree with certain things but thats how it goes with opinions
Magic Mops
Junior

Post#105 » by Magic Mops » Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:38 pm

KillMonger wrote:
Magic Mops wrote:
KillMonger wrote:interesting.....i wonder why exactly....i like suggs... i like that he's a great defensive player....terror in transition....intangibles all day....but at the same time.....he's not as good a shooter as you would think....he isn't really a shot creator, he's not really the kind of player you can give the ball to and say give me a bucket he has little shake to his game....Off ball shooting leaves a bit to be desired as i recall correctly 30% catch and shoot? not as good as it should be...i'm not really concerned with him creating for others but rather creating for himself....all in all i don't think he measures up to the upper tier in the top 5 for me but obviously you do so i would love to hear your assessment

fair assessment....don't quite agree with certain things but thats how it goes with opinions

I agree 100% with you and i respect your opinion Sir.
Everybody has his favorites in the draft process.
Magic Mops
Junior

Post#106 » by Magic Mops » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:12 pm

Latest Mock Draft from 2h ago

Magic get Jalen Green with pick 3
and Jalen Johnson with pick 8

drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,818

Post#107 » by drsd » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:56 am

Magic Mops wrote:Latest Mock Draft from 2h ago

These two are very complimentary to each other. I ould be very happy with this outcome.

Magic Mops
Junior

Post#108 » by Magic Mops » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:08 pm

drsd wrote:

These two are very complimentary to each other. I ould be very happy with this outcome.

Some people are concerned about Johnson's mental strength because he left Duke during the season.
drsd
RealGM

Post#109 » by drsd » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:26 pm

Magic Mops wrote:Some people are concerned about Johnson's mental strength because he left Duke during the season.

If the Magic draft Green up top, my depth chart for the second FRP is:
Moody, Barnes, Bouknight, Kuminga, Johnson K., and then Johnson J. So yeh, JJ would not be my desired outcome, but he is a good idea after Green.
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,085

Post#110 » by yoyojw17 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:27 pm

Magic Mops wrote:
drsd wrote:

Some people are concerned about Johnson's mental strength because he left Duke during the season.

I would agree once again about liking this pick up. I would prefer barnes as i can see how he can slot in and add to this team as both a defender and secondary fascilitator. BUUUUUUT.... if he is gone... i'm totally down for johnson as well. Might be wrong... but he gives me the vibes of being a player that can possibly do everything on the court at an average to above average level for his position. Not worried about the "mental" part... because once again.. it could be circumstantial and we could be getting a top player later in the draft due to those technicalities. Get him in.... surround him with strong players and staff... watch him grow. But he still has the potential to be one of the top 4 players out of this draft.
The Effect
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 2,052

Post#111 » by The Effect » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:58 pm

Dream draft for me
Viper1500
Head Coach
And1: 2,696

Post#112 » by Viper1500 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:28 pm

I'm happy with Mobley. He could easily be the best player in this draft. However, I'd still take Cunningham and possibly Green over him.
Magic Mops
Junior

Post#113 » by Magic Mops » Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:46 pm

The Effect wrote:

Dream draft for me

There are some rumours that Johnson has a problem with a lingering leg injury
The Effect

Post#114 » by The Effect » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:21 pm

Magic Mops wrote:
The Effect wrote:

Dream draft for me

I dont listen to any of these rumors
They are thrown around before every draft and most of the time they are nothing

Like with Michael porter jr, he fell from top 2-3 pick to 14 because of a back condition....hows that back looking these days?

if im a GM of a rebuilding team with 2 top 10 picks, im taking on my chances on Jalen Johnsons upside, especially considering how bare our team is at the 3.

Is he perfect? nope of course not, but he has the highest upside of anyone outside the top 5, and when youre as desperate for a superstar as we are, you take those chances
Magic Mops
Junior

Post#115 » by Magic Mops » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:32 pm

The Effect wrote:
Magic Mops wrote:
The Effect wrote:Dream draft for me

I dont listen to any of these rumors
They are thrown around before every draft and most of the time they are nothing

Like with Michael porter jr, he fell from top 2-3 pick to 14 because of a back condition....hows that back looking these days?

if im a GM of a rebuilding team with 2 top 10 picks, im taking on my chances on Jalen Johnsons upside, especially considering how bare our team is at the 3.

Is he perfect? nope of course not, but he has the highest upside of anyone outside the top 5, and when youre as desperate for a superstar as we are, you take those chances

Good Argumentation Sir
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,599

Post#116 » by RookieStar » Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:37 pm

About injuries.. teams can request medical reports about draftees eight? Are the draftees required to give them?
drsd
RealGM

Post#117 » by drsd » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:21 pm

RookieStar wrote:About injuries.. teams can request medical reports about draftees eight? Are the draftees required to give them?

Yes the prospects will have a medical overview. For players that had major surgery, they usually volunteer past MRIs, etc. Ads that helps the draft stock: see Okeke.

Magic Mops
Junior

Post#118 » by Magic Mops » Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:57 pm

https://nbadraftroom.com/p/2021-nba-mock-draft/

Newest Mock from yesterday

Magic:

3rd pick Evan Mobley
8th pick Moses Moody
33rd pick Joel Ayayi

I would be very satisfied with these picks for the Magic
The Effect

Post#119 » by The Effect » Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:21 pm

Magic Mops wrote:https://nbadraftroom.com/p/2021-nba-mock-draft/

Newest Mock from yesterday

Magic:

3rd pick Evan Mobley
8th pick Moses Moody
33rd pick Joel Ayayi

I would be very satisfied with these picks for the Magic

Wouldn't be disappointed, but can't say I'd be happy with this
drsd
RealGM

Post#120 » by drsd » Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:28 am

Magic Mops wrote:33rd pick Joel Ayayi

Mostly I assume the Masgic will draft a PF or combo-C at 33, but going for a 3rd string SG makes a good deal of sense. The Magic could then use a season to evaluate Ayayi, and his potential as a future back-up SG.

Return to Orlando Magic