ImageImageImageImageImage

What players should the Warriors go after next season

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

BayWarrior
Bench Warmer
And1: 688

Re: What players should the Warriors go after next season 

Post#241 » by BayWarrior » Sun Jun 6, 2021 3:47 am

I know this isn't a big move in free agency but Gorgui Dieng would be a cheap solid option to complete the Center Rotation. He is a solid defender and can step out to the 3pt. line. Wiseman, Looney and Dieng could solidify the position. I also think Dieng would thrive defensively with Draymond.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#242 » by Scoots1994 » Sun Jun 6, 2021 5:24 am

cdubbz wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:
marthafokker wrote:
That doesn't make sense. How is leaving LA restrict him from playing with his son in 2024? Like you said... Somewhere... Wherever his son is drafted.

Besides, he will be run into the ground and body might not last until 2024 requiring him to be option 1 or 2 in LAL.

Just saying... If he came to Dubbs. He gets all the one on one with Curry getting all the attention on D. Klay is ready to snip if Bron needs help. Those two are major upgrades in scoring help. His body will get the rest, and will probably last a few extra seasons.

But if he stays in LAL, I will be happy to see a fringe playoff team. One less contender to worry about for next few seasons while Curry still has his wheels.

LeBron doesn't want to leave LA, he wants to OWN LA. And Kobe showed that even a rookie can decide where he wants to play..

I don’t think that’s Lebrons thinking or goal IMO.

Only way you can truly ‘own’ LA is so what Shaq & Kobe and then solo Kobe did. Multiple championships and back to backs.

I do agree Lebron won’t leave LA. Weathers too good. Can’t see him wanting to leave his family either — can’t see bronny transferring to another HS junior or senior year.

He literally wants to own the LA Lakers
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,824

Post#243 » by cdubbz » Sun Jun 6, 2021 2:58 pm

Scoots1994 wrote:
cdubbz wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:
LeBron doesn't want to leave LA, he wants to OWN LA. And Kobe showed that even a rookie can decide where he wants to play..

I don’t think that’s Lebrons thinking or goal IMO.

Only way you can truly ‘own’ LA is so what Shaq & Kobe and then solo Kobe did. Multiple championships and back to backs.

I do agree Lebron won’t leave LA. Weathers too good. Can’t see him wanting to leave his family either — can’t see bronny transferring to another HS junior or senior year.

He literally wants to own the LA Lakers

lol well one poster said own LA and one says own the Lakers. can't see either one happening unless Jeanie Buss really loves Lebron
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
GSWFan1994
Head Coach
And1: 14,372

Post#244 » by GSWFan1994 » Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:37 pm

Josh Hart Interested In Fresh Start Ahead Of Restricted Free Agency

Josh Hart will be a restricted free agent this offseason and sources tell the Cleveland Plain Dealer that he would like a "fresh start" after two seasons with the New Orleans Pelicans.

Hart averaged 9.2 points, 8.0 rebounds and 2.3 assists in 28.7 minutes per game last season with the Pelicans.

The Pelicans acquired Hart as part of the 2019 Anthony Davis trade.

The Cleveland Cavaliers could have interest in Hart, who is close friends with Larry Nance Jr.

Can we S&T Oubre for a TPE and then use it (part of it) to sign Hart? Is it possible?
WarriorGM
General Manager
And1: 3,690

Post#245 » by WarriorGM » Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:42 pm

Oubre for DeRozan yes. Wiggins no.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,239

Post#246 » by xdrta+ » Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:44 pm

GSWFan1994 wrote:

Josh Hart will be a restricted free agent this offseason and sources tell the Cleveland Plain Dealer that he would like a "fresh start" after two seasons with the New Orleans Pelicans.

Hart averaged 9.2 points, 8.0 rebounds and 2.3 assists in 28.7 minutes per game last season with the Pelicans.

The Cleveland Cavaliers could have interest in Hart, who is close friends with Larry Nance Jr.

Can we S&T Oubre for a TPE and then use it (part of it) to sign Hart? Is it possible?

If you can find a team with enough cap space to absorb Oubre's salary, who will then trade a draft pick for him, then sure, it's possible.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#247 » by Scoots1994 » Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:00 am

xdrta+ wrote:
GSWFan1994 wrote:

If you can find a team with enough cap space to absorb Oubre's salary, who will then trade a draft pick for him, then sure, it's possible.

Some messages are slow to spread :)

If you can find that team you should try to trade them a bridge too.
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,588

Post#248 » by HiRez » Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:08 pm

Apparently Zion's family members are wanting him off the Pelicans. Now of course it's his decision but family can be a powerful influence. Zion for Wiseman and all the picks we have available sounds good to me! If he wants a non-dysfunctional team, you can't do much better than GS.

Zion
Draymond
Wiggins
Klay
Steph

*drool*
Mob Byers
Rookie
And1: 767

Post#249 » by Mob Byers » Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:51 pm

They should draft and sign at least 4 more wings
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,239

Post#250 » by xdrta+ » Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:58 pm

HiRez wrote:Apparently Zion's family members are wanting him off the Pelicans. Now of course it's his decision but family can be a powerful influence. Zion for Wiseman and all the picks we have available sounds good to me! If he wants a non-dysfunctional team, you can't do much better than GS.

Zion
Draymond
Wiggins
Klay
Steph

*drool*

If Zion gets traded, I've got a feeling there will be a lot better offers than an unproven Wiseman and picks.
shazam_guy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,136

Post#251 » by shazam_guy » Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:27 am

Zion's going to want his own team. That starts early with guys who've been called superstars from high school on. I'd bet he'll want to be first among equals on a good team, not "the young guy" surrounded by older, established stars. And LeBron doesn't just want LA for the Lakers, he wants LA because he's a brand and that's getting more important each year retirement gets nearer. Brands like to be in major metropolitan centers, especially LA or NY. He'd love Steph in LA, yeah, sure, but not LeBron in the Bay. Why do you think he ditched Cleveland twice?

So, no, LBJ almost certainly isn't coming to the Warriors in this universe. You can all detumesce.

Return to Golden State Warriors