ImageImageImageImageImage

way too early Philly speculation

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

osx28
Sophomore
And1: 58

way too early Philly speculation 

Post#1 » by osx28 » Sun Jun 6, 2021 11:43 pm

In the unlikely hypothetical scenario that Philly loses to the Hawks and either Embid and/Simmons become gettable, what trades could bring one of them to the dubs?

My proposal would be

Warriors get
Simmons
Poltl

Spurs get
Wiseman

Philly gets
Draymond
Min 2021
GS 2021
SA 2021
GS 2027 protected first
(save 7+ million in salaries Dray vs Simmons)

The proposal for Embid would be more complicated but here it goes

GS gets
Embid
Miles Bridges

Philly gets
Hayward
Kemba
Min 2021
Boston 2021 2nd
(Save around 8 mil total in salaries over the course of the contracts)

Boston gets
Harris
GS 2021 (could get a nice pg like Mitchel or Giddey)

CHA gets
Wiggins
Wiseman
GS 2027
(and saving 30 mil from 1 less year on Wiggs contract than Hayward)

I like Embid better than Simmons
Money_
Rookie
And1: 224

Re: way too early Philly speculation 

Post#2 » by Money_ » Mon Jun 7, 2021 12:42 am

I like any scenario where we don't give up Draymond.
And I like Emid better than Simmons also... Dude just cost the 6ers a playoff game because he can't hit free throws.

There will be several teams looking to move a few pieces this off season.
Trail Blazers, Lakers, Indy, Mavs, Boston, Magic, and Heat, maybe even the Clipps if they don't make it to at least the WCF.
What if the Bucks get swept?
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,022

Post#3 » by Scoots1994 » Mon Jun 7, 2021 12:58 am

Based on Simmons' lack of growth as a player I don't really want him. It's one thing to have a non-shooter on the floor, but one who can't hit a FT makes him even less useful.
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,112

Post#4 » by cpower » Mon Jun 7, 2021 1:13 am

Draymond is better than Simmons so hard No. If you trade Draymond might as well trade Curry since they mean a lot together.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#5 » by Scoots1994 » Mon Jun 7, 2021 1:21 am

cpower wrote:Draymond is better than Simmons so hard No. If you trade Draymond might as well trade Curry since they mean a lot together.

I'm coming around on Scottie Barnes more and more at 6-8 for the Warriors. More athletic better defender and finisher AND shooter than Simmons and a whole lot more potential. Simmons lack of progress really discounts his value while Barnes looked better this year in college than Simmons did before he was drafted and as raw as his offense is it looked far better than Simmons' did in Australia.
Dom801e
Veteran
And1: 861

Post#6 » by Dom801e » Mon Jun 7, 2021 4:59 am

Don’t see any way Embiid gets moved.

Even if Simmons is an upgrade over Green (not sure he is for us) I don’t think it would be enough of an upgrade to warrant all the assets it would take to make it happen.
AntMo22
Ballboy
And1: 26

Post#7 » by AntMo22 » Mon Jun 7, 2021 12:49 pm

The hawks winning the series isn’t unlikely. Ben or Joel becoming available are the unlikely scenarios
Coxy wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:I've said this in many Monta/Bogut based trades in the past... but for the Bucks to consider trading Andrew to GS, we have to be talking Steph Curry, not Monta.

Fine.

Curry/Biedrins for Bogut/Filler. Done and done.
lars_rosenberg
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,741

Post#8 » by lars_rosenberg » Mon Jun 7, 2021 7:26 pm

I used to like the idea of getting Simmons, but his inability to hit free throws makes him a huge liability in the playoffs and he's not an option for a team that wants to contend. He's literally unplayable in the clutch.
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,138

Post#9 » by Impuniti » Mon Jun 7, 2021 8:40 pm

They turned down Simmons to get Harden, whose one of the best players on the planet for the last 5 years and you think Dray is going to change their mind? Allright.
osx28
Sophomore

Post#10 » by osx28 » Mon Jun 7, 2021 8:47 pm

Impuniti wrote:They turned down Simmons to get Harden, whose one of the best players on the planet for the last 5 years and you think Dray is going to change their mind? Allright.

That was at the beginning of the year though. Like others have said here, Simmons lack of progress has lowered his value. Do you think Philly wouldn't take a do-over now?
osx28
Sophomore

Post#11 » by osx28 » Tue Jun 8, 2021 12:14 am

Money_ wrote:I like any scenario where we don't give up Draymond.
And I like Emid better than Simmons also... Dude just cost the 6ers a playoff game because he can't hit free throws.

There will be several teams looking to move a few pieces this off season.
Trail Blazers, Lakers, Indy, Mavs, Boston, Magic, and Heat, maybe even the Clipps if they don't make it to at least the WCF.
What if the Bucks get swept?

yeah, to be honest I put draymond instead of wiggins here because having simmons and draymond would be so hard to offensive to watch offensively. I agree with you though, simmons's value is nowhere near what it was, and if they lose to Atlanta, I wouldn't be surprised if it's partly because of him. So his value will drop more. Morey must be :banghead: for not taking Harden.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,375

Post#12 » by ILOVEIT » Tue Jun 8, 2021 1:31 am

Simmons....nooooo.

Just don't want a broken player. Already have Green and at least he'll take a 3 now and then.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
Chris Porter's Hair
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 3,552

Post#13 » by Chris Porter's Hair » Tue Jun 8, 2021 1:36 am

I like Simmons. Trading Draymond, Wiseman, 2 lottery picks in a strong draft, and a future first to get him seems like suicide, and a sure way to piss off Curry.

crzyyafrican makes the best sigs, quite frankly
mos_def
Sixth Man
And1: 277

Post#14 » by mos_def » Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:52 pm

Chris Porter's Hair wrote:I like Simmons. Trading Draymond, Wiseman, 2 lottery picks in a strong draft, and a future first to get him seems like suicide, and a sure way to piss off Curry.

Out of the mentioned players/picks, which would be more likely a trade package
Upperclass
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,764

Post#15 » by Upperclass » Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:34 am

Simmons will be available after the finals imo. Wiggins + Wiseman to a 3rd team + picks
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#16 » by Scoots1994 » Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:53 pm

Upperclass wrote:Simmons will be available after the finals imo. Wiggins + Wiseman to a 3rd team + picks

Of all teams why would the Sixers want to trade for Wiseman?
lars_rosenberg
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,741

Post#17 » by lars_rosenberg » Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:55 pm

Scoots1994 wrote:
Upperclass wrote:Simmons will be available after the finals imo. Wiggins + Wiseman to a 3rd team + picks

Of all teams why would the Sixers want to trade for Wiseman?
Read again.
Chris Porter's Hair
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 3,552

Post#18 » by Chris Porter's Hair » Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:53 pm

mos_def wrote:
Chris Porter's Hair wrote:I like Simmons. Trading Draymond, Wiseman, 2 lottery picks in a strong draft, and a future first to get him seems like suicide, and a sure way to piss off Curry.

Out of the mentioned players/picks, which would be more likely a trade package

I'm not sure why you're asking me. It wasn't my idea, and I never claimed it was redeemable heh... There is no way you can make a legal trade for Simmons given the listed resources without including Draymond, and that's where things immediately go sideways.

This is the dilemma now for people who keep wanting to shake things up.
- It is hard to get a real difference maker without them making a lot of money
- You can't get someone who makes a lot of money without trading away a lot of money
- If you trade Draymond or Klay as that "lot of money", it is pretty much a non-starter right up front; you probably don't make the team better, and even if you do, it'll take time to adapt and figure it out, and the premise is usually that you're "wasting Curry time"
- If you trade Wiggins as that "lot of money", everyone on RealGM immediately says, "Wiggins is a huge liability omg you need to trade your assets just to get me to take him off your hands. Now what are you going to give to get the difference making player?"

crzyyafrican makes the best sigs, quite frankly
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,793

Post#19 » by cdubbz » Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:02 am

Maybe Embiid asks for a trade and then it opens up Warriors trading Wiseman & Wiggins and a pick.

Embiid being injury project scares me a lot but we don't need him to carry the load with Curry, Klay on offense and Green on defense with Looney as backup
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
Old_Blue
Starter
And1: 790

Post#20 » by Old_Blue » Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:12 am

cdubbz wrote:Maybe Embiid asks for a trade and then it opens up Warriors trading Wiseman & Wiggins and a pick.

Embiid being injury project scares me a lot but we don't need him to carry the load with Curry, Klay on offense and Green on defense with Looney as backup

Then turn around and trade Embiid for Adebayo and Herro. Problem solved. :lol:
GSWFan1994 wrote:I saw signs of David Robinson, Anthony Davis, Chris Bosh & Kevin Garnett while watching Wiseman.

Return to Golden State Warriors