ImageImageImage

OT: Meme stocks

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Bill Bradley
RealGM
And1: 2,407

Re: OT: Meme stocks 

Post#81 » by Bill Bradley » Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:07 am

MagicBagley18 wrote:
Bill Bradley wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:
I got in at $11. What do you see the all time high being for it?

Sweet! I've only recently gotten on board.

Man, I don't even know. There are those who say that they won't sell until it's $500,000/share, lol. If I were forced to guess, I would predict like $500/share, though I could see it going as high as $1,000/share. Obviously I'm bullish and think this will squeeze.

What do you think?

Dude, I’ve been wrong this whole time but my friend is one of these guys whose been in the whole time has a lot invested and he swears it’s hitting 1k. That defies logic for me and seems unbelievable and I think he’s totally blinded but **** hell if I know. If I had to guess I’ll say $225 range

I will take that! I'm going to sell off some of my other positions to invest more in AMC. I do think this is kind of a rare opportunity and I love being part of this movement to stick it to the billionaires that make their money from basically cheating and putting companies out of business.
BostonCouchGM
Head Coach
And1: 4,857

Post#82 » by BostonCouchGM » Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:58 am

Bill Bradley wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:
Bill Bradley wrote:AMC looks like is about to explode upwards now. Seems inevitable but it will be a battle still. Not financial advice but I’m about to double down on this. Could impact the entire market. Tomorrow should be interesting.

What makes you say that? Curious

Hedge funds have been trying to short AMC and keep losing and haven't yet paid the bill. When they start to pay up, there will be a huge short squeeze like what happened with Gamestop but even moreso because regular Joe investors own the entire float meaning that they will set the price when the Hedge Funds have to pay up. This past Friday the Hedge Funds threw everything they had to keep this stock below $40 a share but they couldn't do it so more debt accumulates. If the same thing happens this next Friday it will be several times worse for them.

What is likely to happen is that a crap ton of investors are going to throw their money at AMC stock tomorrow morning and it will shoot up and could trigger a squeeze that sends the stock soaring. If it doesn't happen tomorrow or even this week, it's just a matter of time because the Hedge Funds have to pay their bills regardless.

AMC is nothing like GME and isn't a short squeeze at all. GME had a short interest of 140%. AMC shorts can get out of their positions in minutes. AMC is a momentum trade with early retail investors with next to no understanding, getting bigger suckers to drive up the price so they can profit. There will be so many bag holders and losses that will spook a generation away from investing in the markets. Kinda sad tbh. Meme stocks is gambling not investing. If you've happened to be lucky and timed it well, take gains. Don't let FOMO ruin your life.
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,847

Post#83 » by SmartWentCrazy » Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:01 pm

BostonCouchGM wrote:
Bill Bradley wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:
What makes you say that? Curious

Hedge funds have been trying to short AMC and keep losing and haven't yet paid the bill. When they start to pay up, there will be a huge short squeeze like what happened with Gamestop but even moreso because regular Joe investors own the entire float meaning that they will set the price when the Hedge Funds have to pay up. This past Friday the Hedge Funds threw everything they had to keep this stock below $40 a share but they couldn't do it so more debt accumulates. If the same thing happens this next Friday it will be several times worse for them.

What is likely to happen is that a crap ton of investors are going to throw their money at AMC stock tomorrow morning and it will shoot up and could trigger a squeeze that sends the stock soaring. If it doesn't happen tomorrow or even this week, it's just a matter of time because the Hedge Funds have to pay their bills regardless.

AMC is nothing like GME and isn't a short squeeze at all. GME had a short interest of 140%. AMC shorts can get out of their positions in minutes. AMC is a momentum trade with early retail investors with next to no understanding, getting bigger suckers to drive up the price so they can profit. There will be so many bag holders and losses that will spook a generation away from investing in the markets. Kinda sad tbh. Meme stocks is gambling not investing. If you've happened to be lucky and timed it well, take gains. Don't let FOMO ruin your life.

Yah, I dont want to be the turd in the punchbowl, but more private funds are front running these trades to make a quick buck than are being short squeezed right now.
Bill Bradley
RealGM

Post#84 » by Bill Bradley » Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:35 pm

The short squeeze hasn't happened yet but it will. Hedge funds haven't covered their losses yet. When they are margin called, watch this skyrocket. Hedge funds are barely keeping this from exploding through manipulation and ladder attacks but they won't be able to keep this up.
itrsteve
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,219

Post#85 » by itrsteve » Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:53 pm

BostonCouchGM wrote:AMC is nothing like GME and isn't a short squeeze at all. GME had a short interest of 140%. AMC shorts can get out of their positions in minutes. AMC is a momentum trade with early retail investors with next to no understanding, getting bigger suckers to drive up the price so they can profit. There will be so many bag holders and losses that will spook a generation away from investing in the markets. Kinda sad tbh. Meme stocks is gambling not investing. If you've happened to be lucky and timed it well, take gains. Don't let FOMO ruin your life.

This is where I stand as well. The GME short interest was abnormal, AMC (last I checked) was somewhere around 20%. Awesome that people are having fun, but I know too many who have stuck their necks out way too far.
La Flame
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,105

Post#86 » by La Flame » Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:18 pm

chrisab123 wrote:
Bleeding Green wrote:Man I remember mining dogecoin back in 2014 and the memes about 1 cent felt so laughably impossible. The coin does literally nothing useful, amazing to see it hit 75 cents just a few weeks ago and now it's on Coinbase.

Not on there yet. I think its going to be end of the month. Got frustrated on not being able to buy quick enough so I just threw more into AMC. Apelife

Just a friendly tip, dont use coinbase
MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Post#87 » by MagicBagley18 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:24 pm

La Flame wrote:
chrisab123 wrote:
Bleeding Green wrote:Man I remember mining dogecoin back in 2014 and the memes about 1 cent felt so laughably impossible. The coin does literally nothing useful, amazing to see it hit 75 cents just a few weeks ago and now it's on Coinbase.

Not on there yet. I think its going to be end of the month. Got frustrated on not being able to buy quick enough so I just threw more into AMC. Apelife

What makes u say that?
La Flame
Bench Warmer

Post#88 » by La Flame » Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:33 pm

MagicBagley18 wrote:
La Flame wrote:
chrisab123 wrote:

What makes u say that?

Horrible customer support + I've read some cases of people's fund's disappearing with no apparent reason. You're probably alright if you use it even for coin storing, but still I'd steer for more reputable exchanges
MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Post#89 » by MagicBagley18 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:00 pm

La Flame wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:
La Flame wrote:

What makes u say that?

Horrible customer support + I've read some cases of people's fund's disappearing with no apparent reason. You're probably alright if you use it even for coin storing, but still I'd steer for more reputable exchanges

Yea I heard terrible customer service also
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,221

Post#90 » by djFan71 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:22 pm

La Flame wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:
La Flame wrote:

What makes u say that?

Their rates are horrible too. Any recommendations? I was looking and Coinbase seems like they're going for the ease of use, screw you on rates approach. But, I didn't find an alternative I loved either.
La Flame
Bench Warmer

Post#91 » by La Flame » Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:47 pm

djFan71 wrote:
La Flame wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:
What makes u say that?

Their rates are horrible too. Any recommendations? I was looking and Coinbase seems like they're going for the ease of use, screw you on rates approach. But, I didn't find an alternative I loved either.

Not sure on rates, a quick google will prolly do it for you, but Kraken and binance are pretty good in general it seems. Kraken is probably more easier to understand, I use it and had no problems so far
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,221

Post#92 » by djFan71 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:56 pm

La Flame wrote:
djFan71 wrote:
La Flame wrote:

Not sure on rates, a quick google will prolly do it for you, but Kraken and binance are pretty good in general it seems. Kraken is probably more easier to understand, I use it and had no problems so far

Thanks, I've seen both those and they are much better than coinbase rate-wise. Kraken was where i was leaning, so that's good.
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#93 » by SmartWentCrazy » Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:03 pm

Bill Bradley wrote:The short squeeze hasn't happened yet but it will. Hedge funds haven't covered their losses yet. When they are margin called, watch this skyrocket. Hedge funds are barely keeping this from exploding through manipulation and ladder attacks but they won't be able to keep this up.

Youre spinning a narrative that just isnt there lol. Hedge funds in general arent shorting like they used to after gamestop. Further, all the major banks have changed their margin requirements making shorting more costly.

Many are front running you all and enjoying the benefits on a very large scale.
itrsteve
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,219

Post#94 » by itrsteve » Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:02 am

If you’re holding money you’re not willing to lose, then don’t hold your crypto in an offline wallet like a Ledger Nano X.

If you don’t have your private key then it isn’t your crypto.
WeLikeOurGuys
General Manager
And1: 7,158

Post#95 » by WeLikeOurGuys » Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:56 pm

made a nice little profit off ORPH.
Bought in at 15.01 sold at 22.
3D Chess
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,728

Post#96 » by 3D Chess » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:40 pm

djFan71 wrote:
La Flame wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:
What makes u say that?

All of this, plus they are spooks. Bad actors in the space. Delete coinbase.
Bill Bradley
RealGM

Post#97 » by Bill Bradley » Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:49 pm

SmartWentCrazy wrote:
Bill Bradley wrote:The short squeeze hasn't happened yet but it will. Hedge funds haven't covered their losses yet. When they are margin called, watch this skyrocket. Hedge funds are barely keeping this from exploding through manipulation and ladder attacks but they won't be able to keep this up.

Youre spinning a narrative that just isnt there lol. Hedge funds in general arent shorting like they used to after gamestop. Further, all the major banks have changed their margin requirements making shorting more costly.

LOL they aren’t shorting. I don’t think you’ve looked into this. We will see, hopefully soon.
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#98 » by SmartWentCrazy » Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:48 pm

Bill Bradley wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:

LOL they aren’t shorting. I don’t think you’ve looked into this. We will see, hopefully soon.

I have. Theres 23% short interest. Thats really not too atypical in the market. You cannot cause a significant price inducing short squeeze from 23% short interest.
Celtic Esquire
General Manager
And1: 3,674

Post#99 » by Celtic Esquire » Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:32 pm

Sold my AMC shares today for a 515% profit. Thank you Reddit bag holders!
Bill Bradley
RealGM

Post#100 » by Bill Bradley » Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:03 am

SmartWentCrazy wrote:
Bill Bradley wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:

I have. Theres 23% short interest. Thats really not too atypical in the market. You cannot cause a significant price inducing short squeeze from 23% short interest.

There is over $24 billion owed by shorts and they just keep kicking the can down the road and borrowing more to short. Hard to know how many shares there even are out there due to synthetic shares and dark pool trading. When they are finally margin called is when the squeeze will happen. If it closes above $40 today (certainly will happen) an enormous number of call options expiring in the money and more at $60. There's a reason for the constant ladder attacks and shorts trying to defend $60 with all that they have. If this goes much higher there will be a massive squeeze.

Return to Boston Celtics