ImageImageImageImage

Cole World: Orlando Magic Select Cole Anthony at #15

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,282

Re: Cole World: Orlando Magic Select Cole Anthony at #15 

Post#1321 » by pepe1991 » Mon May 10, 2021 1:00 pm

tiderulz wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
tiderulz wrote:Harris isnt here for long. that guy is cooked

it's not like you can trade him, $20M of dead cap or take longer equally terrible- dead cap.
Maybe he can return in some shape next year. Guy is 26 years old :crazy:

lol. you write off 19 yr olds, yet Harris who has now looked bad for years AND constant health problems, you talk about him returning to shape next year.

I personally dont think the team needs to make any plans that involve Harris long term. Yes, Orlando wont be able to trade him, but it shouldnt stop if Orlando has an "extra" SG on the roster to develop

i DON'T write them off, i project their current playing style & skills to future. Unlike most people here i don't expect players to learn new things to elite level after young age.
Gery Harris, at age of 21, averaged 12 ppg in nba. At age of 23 he averaged 17,5 ppg on 39,6% for 3. It's clear he has talent and skill. It's his body that has given up on him. But if you take in considirations guy is only 26 years old, it might not be irreparable thing with new medicine and him getting few months off to heal.

I'm not betting on it, but it's no secret that Porter & Harris are very,very good players when they are healthy.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,104

Post#1322 » by tiderulz » Mon May 10, 2021 1:39 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
it's not like you can trade him, $20M of dead cap or take longer equally terrible- dead cap.
Maybe he can return in some shape next year. Guy is 26 years old :crazy:

lol. you write off 19 yr olds, yet Harris who has now looked bad for years AND constant health problems, you talk about him returning to shape next year.

I personally dont think the team needs to make any plans that involve Harris long term. Yes, Orlando wont be able to trade him, but it shouldnt stop if Orlando has an "extra" SG on the roster to develop

i DON'T write them off, i project their current playing style & skills to future. Unlike most people here i don't expect players to learn new things to elite level after young age.
Gery Harris, at age of 21, averaged 12 ppg in nba. At age of 23 he averaged 17,5 ppg on 39,6% for 3. It's clear he has talent and skill. It's his body that has given up on him. But if you take in considirations guy is only 26 years old, it might not be irreparable thing with new medicine and him getting few months off to heal.

I'm not betting on it, but it's no secret that Porter & Harris are very,very good players when they are healthy.

i dont remember exactly, but i think you mentioned before english isnt your first language. but yeah, you write them off. not going to get into a huge back and forth about this and search past posts, but that is how you came across about certain players
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,282

Post#1323 » by pepe1991 » Mon May 10, 2021 4:58 pm

tiderulz wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
tiderulz wrote:lol. you write off 19 yr olds, yet Harris who has now looked bad for years AND constant health problems, you talk about him returning to shape next year.

i dont remember exactly, but i think you mentioned before english isnt your first language. but yeah, you write them off. not going to get into a huge back and forth about this and search past posts, but that is how you came across about certain players

I think most of the time people here argue with me about semantics.
When i say " Okeke to me is bench player" it's me being negative, but somebody says " Okeke is great, he will be great guy off bench for Isaac" than they are positive. When in reality we both are saying same thing.

Just like it was case with my last post were i said that Cole & Hampton will end up on bench, but 101 wrote he thinks he can't figure why people "writing them off" but also added how they should be comming off bench. Are we really saying anything different or it's just argument about semantics?
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,104

Post#1324 » by tiderulz » Mon May 10, 2021 5:06 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:

I think most of the time people here argue with me about semantics.
When i say " Okeke to me is bench player" it's me being negative, but somebody says " Okeke is great, he will be great guy off bench for Isaac" than they are positive. When in reality we both are saying same thing.

Just like it was case with my last post were i said that Cole & Hampton will end up on bench, but 101 wrote he thinks he can't figure why people "writing them off" but also added how they should be comming off bench. Are we really saying anything different or it's just argument about semantics?

except that isnt what you are saying a lot of the time. you arent saying they are bench players, you are saying they have no skill and are too old to develop at 20-21. not going to spend time searching for it, but if you even said they look like they will likely be bench players that would be one thing. But you make statements akin to they will be out of the league and cant even be bench players
D J C
Pro Prospect
And1: 516

Post#1325 » by D J C » Tue May 18, 2021 6:03 pm

Cole's rookie season vs some other scoring point guards:

Cole Anthony | 12.9 PPG - 4.1 APG (2.3 TOV) - 4.7 RPG - 39.7/33.7/83.2 shooting splits

Kemba Walker | 12.1 PPG - 4.4 APG (1.8 TOV) - 3.5 RPG - 36.6/30.5/78.9 shooting splits

D'Angelo Russell | 13.2 PPG - 3.3 APG (2.5 TOV) - 3.4 RPG - 41/35.1/73.7 shooting splits

De'Aaron Fox | 11.6 PPG - 4.4 APG (2.4 TOV) - 2.8 RPG - 41.2/30.7/72.3 shooting splits

John Wall | 16.4 PPG - 8.3 APG (3.8 TOV) - 4.6 RPG - 40.9/29.6/76.6 shooting splits

All these guys took jumps in the seasons after, but you can see Cole actually has a pretty good trajectory compared to some of the other top PGs in the league in their rookie seasons.

The most promising points are his rebounding numbers, which he averaged more than even John Wall who played 10 MPG more, and his FT%, which is higher than everyone on this list. The stats show that if you have a good FT%, you have a good shot and the 2PT% and 3PT% should steadily improve as he gets more experience and game time.

Still, a long way to go before he's on the level of someone like Kemba, but after this year you'd expect someone with his numbers to be an above average starter down the line.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,915

Post#1326 » by drsd » Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:59 pm

On Anthony missing second team All rookie, Immanuel Quickley was very comparable statistically:
Player Comparison: Immanuel Quickley vs. Cole Anthony

And Quickley earned his stats in winning efforts. I do not think Anthony has a case. He was not one of the two-best rookie PGs this year.
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,340

Post#1327 » by Knightro » Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:22 pm

Read on Twitter

Anthony appear to be making tweaks to his jumper.
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,816

Post#1328 » by RookieStar » Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:32 am

Knightro wrote:
Read on Twitter

Hope that carries through the season. TBH though, it's RJ who I would have thought needed more "help" on his jumper than CA.
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,713

Post#1329 » by basketballRob » Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:46 am

D J C wrote:Cole's rookie season vs some other scoring point guards:

Cole Anthony | 12.9 PPG - 4.1 APG (2.3 TOV) - 4.7 RPG - 39.7/33.7/83.2 shooting splits

Kemba Walker | 12.1 PPG - 4.4 APG (1.8 TOV) - 3.5 RPG - 36.6/30.5/78.9 shooting splits

D'Angelo Russell | 13.2 PPG - 3.3 APG (2.5 TOV) - 3.4 RPG - 41/35.1/73.7 shooting splits

De'Aaron Fox | 11.6 PPG - 4.4 APG (2.4 TOV) - 2.8 RPG - 41.2/30.7/72.3 shooting splits

John Wall | 16.4 PPG - 8.3 APG (3.8 TOV) - 4.6 RPG - 40.9/29.6/76.6 shooting splits

All these guys took jumps in the seasons after, but you can see Cole actually has a pretty good trajectory compared to some of the other top PGs in the league in their rookie seasons.

The most promising points are his rebounding numbers, which he averaged more than even John Wall who played 10 MPG more, and his FT%, which is higher than everyone on this list. The stats show that if you have a good FT%, you have a good shot and the 2PT% and 3PT% should steadily improve as he gets more experience and game time.

Still, a long way to go before he's on the level of someone like Kemba, but after this year you'd expect someone with his numbers to be an above average starter down the line.
Nice work. At least 3 of those guys are allstars, not sure about Russell.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,551

sa 

Post#1330 » by SOUL » Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:15 am

drsd wrote:On Anthony missing second team All rookie, Immanuel Quickley was very comparable statistically:

And Quickley earned his stats in winning efforts. I do not think Anthony has a case. He was not one of the two-best rookie PGs this year.

Isaac Okoro shouldn't have made the team imo.
Audi
Analyst
And1: 2,776

Post#1331 » by Audi » Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:52 am

drsd wrote:On Anthony missing second team All rookie, Immanuel Quickley was very comparable statistically:

Gotta account for the fact that Cole was starting and Quickleys best ball was with the second unit. Cole has a case here - he just needs to realize who he’s playing for...big market will always get the edge.
Abra Cadabra, Razzmatazz, Slam-Dunk Sesame, Hocus Pocus, Alacazam, Gonna set the spirit free
Keeping The Original Orlando Magic Theme Song Alive
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,186

Post#1332 » by cedric76 » Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:10 am

RookieStar wrote:
Knightro wrote:
Read on Twitter

Hope that carries through the season. TBH though, it's RJ who I would have thought needed more "help" on his jumper than CA.

RJ is working out with his Agent, The one and only Mike miller
Draft Carter
Sign monk
Trade Cole for a forward
Let chuma+fultz go
Offer goga a 1+1 deal

unleash Jett next seaon

Go Magic
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#1333 » by RookieStar » Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:47 am

cedric76 wrote:
RookieStar wrote:
Knightro wrote:
Read on Twitter

Is this the same Mike Magic ROY Miller? If so.. when did he become an agent?
The Effect
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 2,053

Post#1334 » by The Effect » Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:52 pm

RookieStar wrote:
cedric76 wrote:
RookieStar wrote:

I remember hearing about this, but didnt know he followed through

He and Penny recruited RJ hard at memphis, and then both worked with him leading up to the draft. I read that Miller was thinking of leaving memphis to become an Agent and RJ was his first (only?) potential client

If true, thats a great guy for RJ to learn from
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#1335 » by RookieStar » Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:06 pm

The Effect wrote:
RookieStar wrote:
cedric76 wrote:

He and Penny recruited RJ hard at memphis, and then both worked with him leading up to the draft. I read that Miller was thinking of leaving memphis to become an Agent and RJ was his first (only?) potential client

Agree. Hope Miller's shooting success can be duplicated by RJ.

However, we have to first confirm that this is the same Mike Miller we are all talking about. LOL
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,713

Post#1336 » by basketballRob » Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:39 pm

RookieStar wrote:
The Effect wrote:
RookieStar wrote:

However, we have to first confirm that this is the same Mike Miller we are all talking about. LOL
Yes it's the same Mike Miller. He was at a lot of the games this season. When RJ was in high school, they used to drive to Memphis to work out with Miller.

RookieStar
RealGM

Post#1337 » by RookieStar » Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:46 pm

basketballRob wrote:
RookieStar wrote:
The Effect wrote:I remember hearing about this, but didnt know he followed through

Yes it's the same Mike Miller. He was at a lot of the games this season. When RJ was in high school, they used to drive to Memphis to work out with Miller.

Good to know. i admit i kinda pegged Miller as a FO kind of guy and not as an agent. How many guys under his stable, do you know?
Magicfanatic82
Junior
And1: 200

Post#1338 » by Magicfanatic82 » Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:19 am

Love this guy! Active with fans, dancing at Mets game and in Vermont growing the game. He has the love and work ethic to reach his potential in basketball.
https://www.mynbc5.com/article/nba-point-guard-takes-the-court-with-young-vermonters/37056693
jezzerinho
Starter
And1: 1,506

Post#1339 » by jezzerinho » Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:28 am

My preoccupation with this kid is that i fear he's all about Cole Anthony. I hope I'm wrong, but i get the vibe he's been brought up where it's all about using the resources around him to make him better and more personally successful.

It's speculation and i fully accept the truth could be very different, but i do hope he turns out to be a team player (a small market team player at that).

I started out wanting him for Orl pre draft but some interviews I saw with him and his dad cooled me off.

On the other hand I thought Hampton would not work out in the pros in any kind of short term and i have to say that looks like being a bad take. I'd have more faith in RJ at this point.
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,154

Post#1340 » by zaymon » Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:17 am

jezzerinho wrote:My preoccupation with this kid is that i fear he's all about Cole Anthony. I hope I'm wrong, but i get the vibe he's been brought up where it's all about using the resources around him to make him better and more personally successful.

It's speculation and i fully accept the truth could be very different, but i do hope he turns out to be a team player (a small market team player at that).

I started out wanting him for Orl pre draft but some interviews I saw with him and his dad cooled me off.

On the other hand I thought Hampton would not work out in the pros in any kind of short term and i have to say that looks like being a bad take. I'd have more faith in RJ at this point.

I have the same feeling hearing his interviews. He is so focused on himself, doesnt want to share the spotlight. Even if he wants to be more team player i dont know if he has enough ability.
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !

Return to Orlando Magic