ImageImageImage

Welcome Tyrese Maxey!

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

Sixersftw
RealGM
And1: 8,754

Re: Welcome Tyrese Maxey! 

Post#661 » by Sixersftw » Thu Jun 3, 2021 2:09 am

Y'all remember when Maxey tried to end a man's whole career tonight?
They say an analytics man doesn't have a heart, but I ran the numbers and nothing can be further from the truth - Sam Hinkie probably
SixthStreet
Sixth Man
And1: 1,546

Post#662 » by SixthStreet » Thu Jun 3, 2021 2:29 am

The moment isn't too big for Maxey. Impressive stuff from him in the last two games.
Monix
Pro Prospect
And1: 661

Post#663 » by Monix » Thu Jun 3, 2021 1:47 pm

He's in such an ideal growth environment with Rivers and Cassell...gauging his potential vs his trade value is going to be tricky
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,443

Post#664 » by Eyeamok » Thu Jun 3, 2021 2:16 pm

Sixerscan wrote:Though he would go lotto

You thought right. NBA owners and GM's should be banging down your door right about now. :lol:
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant

Post#665 » by Eyeamok » Thu Jun 3, 2021 2:19 pm

PhillyPhilly wrote:I've seen two scouting reports comparing him to Donavon Mitchell HERE and HERE. Man if he is even 70% of Mitchell then we've well and truly rocked this draft.

Also a tweet [url=
Read on Twitter
]HERE[/url]

Just going through the old Maxey thread and bumping relevant posts and And !ing the mess out of everything positive.

A good win will do that :lol:

Marlo
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant

Post#666 » by Eyeamok » Thu Jun 3, 2021 2:29 pm

Aussiepiston1 wrote:I’m no expert but this kid played in a 3 small guard line up most of the season and would’ve been guarded a lot by small forwards.
In the NBA he’ll be guarded by point guards and he did shoot %41 from 3 against ranked teams.
I think he’s got Donovan Mitchell written all over him and I wanted to trade up to 16 to get him.
I’m freaking stoked.
Hopefully morey doesn’t trade him.
Also this is the pick we got for Fultz so it has to have good karma and I actually believe Maxey will end up being the better player

Bump

Marlo
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant

Post#667 » by Eyeamok » Thu Jun 3, 2021 2:43 pm

Arsenal wrote:
76ciology wrote:
Read on Twitter

Is this true?

Yeah its true. OKC initially traded it to us w/Illy for Grant. Then your boy BCB traded it to Orlando for Picnic Baskets. Then we got it back for Fultz.

Hopefully Maxey can become what Fultz was supposed to be.

Bump

Marlo
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant

Post#668 » by Eyeamok » Thu Jun 3, 2021 2:54 pm

sodmoraes wrote:[youtube];feature=emb_logo[/youtube]

It seems his shot is way better in this video that it was when he was in college( his 3 was a push shot). If he could be a good shooter he has a lot of potential, since he´s a combo guard with good handles, and a good slashing game. If he could be a "Donovan Mitchell light" it would open so much for our team, to have a shot creator would be awesome, and a good karma, since we had to endure the fultz fiasco... :lol:

Bump Awesome interview

Marlo
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant

Post#669 » by Eyeamok » Thu Jun 3, 2021 3:01 pm

davesilver wrote:
Read on Twitter

I know he probably says this kind of thing about all his players, but sounds pretty genuine. If he is just 75% of the Murray comparison...

Too Soon ?

Marlo
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,804

Post#670 » by Negrodamus » Thu Jun 3, 2021 5:27 pm

https://youtu.be/c5vQxwyT1S0?t=188
https://youtu.be/c5vQxwyT1S0?t=210
https://youtu.be/c5vQxwyT1S0?t=231
https://youtu.be/c5vQxwyT1S0?t=273

His help defense is getting much, much better. I've said it before, but he's not a vertically explosive athlete, but man he's agile and very fast. Thybulle level agility but without the height/length (and obviously instincts). If he's able to make drivers uncomfortable in the lane while staying in front of his man, we might have something. I know he'll expand on his offensive game, but this rise in team defensive instinct is extremely promising.
Sportfan73
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,315

Post#671 » by Sportfan73 » Fri Jun 4, 2021 12:01 am

Negrodamus wrote:https://youtu.be/c5vQxwyT1S0?t=188
https://youtu.be/c5vQxwyT1S0?t=210
https://youtu.be/c5vQxwyT1S0?t=231
https://youtu.be/c5vQxwyT1S0?t=273

His help defense is getting much, much better. I've said it before, but he's not a vertically explosive athlete, but man he's agile and very fast. Thybulle level agility but without the height/length (and obviously instincts). If he's able to make drivers uncomfortable in the lane while staying in front of his man, we might have something. I know he'll expand on his offensive game, but this rise in team defensive instinct is extremely promising.

His strength and frame are also severely underrated and will make him a ++++ finisher. I would assume they are underrated because of the amount of floaters he tends to shoot, but Sam and doc are working on that. Should reallllly help his D moving forward too
ConstableChaos
Junior
And1: 206

Post#672 » by ConstableChaos » Fri Jun 4, 2021 1:55 am

If the Max can make that mid range J money this off season Philly should be very short for the title next year.
SixthStreet
Sixth Man
And1: 1,546

Post#673 » by SixthStreet » Fri Jun 4, 2021 2:47 am

It's amazing how the Sixers primary hope for internal development to improve championship equity now lie on Maxey's shoulders. You can't ever count out another Embiid leap, but we now know who Simmons is and while Harris has been better this year any improvements with him are only incremental. Thybulle has to me good offensive instinct but I think his basic skill level (dribble, drive, shoot) on that end of the court is so bad that I have no hope of him being anything but a net negative on that end.
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant

Post#674 » by Eyeamok » Wed Jun 9, 2021 2:29 pm

The Hawks scouted Maxey and shut him down last night. Must be nice for Maxey to actually know the opposing team thought enough of him to scout him in a playoff series.

Now hit your outside shots.

Marlo
sodmoraes
Rookie
And1: 537

Post#675 » by sodmoraes » Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:50 pm

The moment isnt too big for him, thats a quality of the big time players. I see a lot of people saying that he's ceiling is limited because he isnt a natural passer.

He's more of a combo guard but i think he's a good passer. In the highlights of yesterday i saw two good passes to Dwight. He's pretty good finding him, after driving to the rim, usuallly finding Howard for an alley up dunk.

He's not a pass first kinda player, but i think he would be just fine as a full time pg for our team. I can really see him as a 20 ppg , 6 apg playing 30 minutes per game in 2 years( playing good defense). If his pullup 15 ft jumper and his 3 pt keeps improving he can be a very special player in the league.

Sent from my SM-G920I using RealGM mobile app
[quote:bba5df4c1f="hornetstime"]jr smith will be out of this league in 2 years, book it.[/quote]
Dnt hate
Sixth Man
And1: 899

Post#676 » by Dnt hate » Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:52 pm

We love Maxey!!!
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,687

Post#677 » by stormi » Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:57 pm

Read on Twitter

He flashed the entire package last night. Off the dribble, being a lead guard in a pressure cooker situation, finished at the rim in a multitude of ways, navigated the p&r, a floater in traffic, a quick stop into a midrange, knocking down the three. Special player.
kriss73
Analyst
And1: 1,811

Post#678 » by kriss73 » Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:43 pm

He lacks assists though and personally I don't think he has the mindset/IQ to become a pass first guard.

Anyway he is a nice player and he will become an impact player.
Today he could be the guy in game 6 and a hole in game 7.
He is still too young and inexperienced.

That being said, nice finding for the future too.
Adam Silver wrote:"Gross incompetence is acceptable; strategic gaming of a flawed system is not."
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,804

Post#679 » by Negrodamus » Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:55 pm

kriss73 wrote:He lacks assists though and personally I don't think he has the mindest/IQ to become a pass first guard.

Anyway he is a nice player and he will become an impact player.
Today he could be the guy in game 6 and a hole in game 7.
He is still too young and inexperiences.

That being said, nice finding for future too.

I actually feel like he has underrated vision but finds himself passing to Dwight, Thybulle, Shake, and Furkan who aren't the best assist converters in the world. I mean, he's not Trae level passer, but he puts guys in good position to score.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,107

Post#680 » by Kobblehead » Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:57 pm

Anyone can become an assist generator. We've seen countless guys do it in recent years.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers