Trade targets

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

dr0welf
Analyst
And1: 775

Trade targets 

Post#1 » by dr0welf » Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:52 pm

I don't know if the FO will change up much, but if certain players were available who would be worth changing our starting group for?

I would use Bogie in a package for Ingram or might even look at Simmons. Simmons defense and ball handling would have helped in the Clipper series. But would we drop too far where he can't shoot? Bogie and Oneal/Ingles for Simmons or Ingram work.

Not many players that I feel could be available that would crack the starting linup. Most changes I feel will happen to the bench players.
stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Re: Trade targets 

Post#2 » by stitches » Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:05 pm

I like your thinking. I don't think those teams would be clamoring for Bojan though. I've come to the conclusion that indeed Bojan is the piece we need to use. (partly because we don't have much more of value and if he has any we need to use it)
sip
Rookie
And1: 1,313

Post#3 » by sip » Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:26 pm

We have zero shot in hell at Simmons or Ingram.

Sent from my SM-G988U using RealGM mobile app
Rauxcee
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,054

Post#4 » by Rauxcee » Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:39 pm

sip wrote:We have zero shot in hell at Simmons or Ingram.

This. And I think I might actually be allergic to rooting for Simmons. :lol:

We don't have a lot of tradeable value on this team IMO. At least not enough to get us a starting quality perimeter player who can defend.
CAE15
Assistant Coach
And1: 699

Post#5 » by CAE15 » Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:43 pm

I think more realistic guys in potential trades

Larry Nance Jr.
Harrison Barnes
Andrew Wiggins
Dorian Finney-Smith
Robert Covington
Marcus Smart
Justin Holiday
Gordon Hayward
Thad Young
Josh Okogie
Taureen Prince

S&t options
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope
Reggie Bullock
Rudy Gay
Josh Hart

Sent from my SM-N950U using RealGM mobile app
AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,737

Post#6 » by AingesBurner » Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:49 pm

I think if the Sixers lose that a S&T of Conley for Harris works, we would need to dump Favors and release all FA holds but who cares? We should have restructured Conleys deal during the year but what can you do.

Spencer Dinwiddie for Ingles, I think Spencer opts in when he realizes nobody is going to spend money on him at this point.
Ingles is cooked.
SoCalJazzFan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,021

Post#7 » by SoCalJazzFan » Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:49 pm

Rauxcee wrote:

This. And I think I might actually be allergic to rooting for Simmons. :lol:

We don't have a lot of tradeable value on this team IMO. At least not enough to get us a starting quality perimeter player who can defend.

Agree completely, and signing a player like Simmons to pair with Gobert would be disastrous.
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#8 » by AingesBurner » Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:54 pm

Marcus Morris for a S&T of Conley? Put Bogey at the 3 and Morris at the 4, I would dig that.
Ingles is cooked.
CAE15
Assistant Coach

Post#9 » by CAE15 » Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:56 pm

SoCalJazzFan wrote:
Rauxcee wrote:

This. And I think I might actually be allergic to rooting for Simmons.

Agree completely, and signing a player like Simmons to pair with Gobert would be disastrous.
Gobert needs a defender that can contain his man. Like him or hate him. I personally hate him. But Simmons would absolutely make Gobert's job easier on defense. Offensively the spacing would be very challenging. Though Simmons could play in a small ball lineup. That being said. No chance philly trades Simmons to us without Don being involved. Which we wouldn't do. Moot point. However Bogey and Thybulle..is it possible there's something there?
CAE15
Assistant Coach

Post#10 » by CAE15 » Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:57 pm

GobertReport wrote:Marcus Morris for a S&T of Conley? Put Bogey at the 3 and Morris at the 4, I would dig that.
Why the hell would you want to give the clippers the 1 thing they're missing for Marcus I don't know anyone that wants to go to Utah Morris?
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#11 » by AingesBurner » Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:00 pm

CAE15 wrote:
GobertReport wrote:Marcus Morris for a S&T of Conley? Put Bogey at the 3 and Morris at the 4, I would dig that.
Why the hell would you want to give the clippers the 1 thing they're missing for Marcus I don't know anyone that wants to go to Utah Morris?

If Conley wants to leave then this gives us what we need and we need to stop the BS of not liking players because they are nasty, we needy nasty.
Ingles is cooked.
dr0welf
Analyst

Post#12 » by dr0welf » Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:02 pm

GobertReport wrote:
CAE15 wrote:

If Conley wants to leave then this gives us what we need and we need to stop the BS of not liking players because they are nasty, we needy nasty.

I agree Morris isn't coming here and Conley doesn't want to leave.
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#13 » by AingesBurner » Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:03 pm

dr0welf wrote:
GobertReport wrote:
CAE15 wrote:Why the hell would you want to give the clippers the 1 thing they're missing for Marcus I don't know anyone that wants to go to Utah Morris?

I agree Morris isn't coming here and Conley doesn't want to leave.

Morris doesn’t have a choice, he’s under contract I believe and how do we know Conley doesn’t want to leave?
Ingles is cooked.
CAE15
Assistant Coach

Post#14 » by CAE15 » Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:06 pm

GobertReport wrote:
CAE15 wrote:

This does not give us what we need. Conley is far more valuable to us than Mook. And yes you immediately make the clippers the favorite in the west. All for mook to complain about Utah and his role and not having nearly the impact Conley would have with us. I don't know why people don't realize it. If we lose Conley..we take a HUGE step back
dr0welf
Analyst

Post#15 » by dr0welf » Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:08 pm

CAE15 wrote:
SoCalJazzFan wrote:
Rauxcee wrote:
This. And I think I might actually be allergic to rooting for Simmons.

Gobert needs a defender that can contain his man. Like him or hate him. I personally hate him. But Simmons would absolutely make Gobert's job easier on defense. Offensively the spacing would be very challenging. Though Simmons could play in a small ball lineup. That being said. No chance philly trades Simmons to us without Don being involved. Which we wouldn't do. Moot point. However Bogey and Thybulle..is it possible there's something there?

Simmons is overpaid until he develops a shot. But his defensive ability and his ability to drive to the hoop with authority would not be a bad pairing with Gobert actually. And if Philly loses game 7 they will look to moving Simmons and will not get a Mitchell level player for him. But I would imagine it will be a draft trade and I don't our #30 has enough pull to make this possible.
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#16 » by AingesBurner » Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:11 pm

CAE15 wrote:
GobertReport wrote:
CAE15 wrote:Why the hell would you want to give the clippers the 1 thing they're missing for Marcus I don't know anyone that wants to go to Utah Morris?

This does not give us what we need. Conley is far more valuable to us than Mook. And yes you immediately make the clippers the favorite in the west. All for mook to complain about Utah and his role and not having nearly the impact Conley would have with us. I don't know why people don't realize it. If we lose Conley..we take a HUGE step back

He’d be starting, why would he hate that role? It’s also premised on Conley saying deuces I’m going somewhere else.
Ingles is cooked.
dr0welf
Analyst

Post#17 » by dr0welf » Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:12 pm

CAE15 wrote:I think more realistic guys in potential trades

Larry Nance Jr.
Harrison Barnes
Andrew Wiggins
Dorian Finney-Smith
Robert Covington
Marcus Smart
Justin Holiday
Gordon Hayward
Thad Young
Josh Okogie
Taureen Prince

S&t options
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope
Reggie Bullock
Rudy Gay
Josh Hart

Sent from my SM-N950U using RealGM mobile app

A lot of good names here. Wiggins would be fun to watch, he seemed to have improved his game a bit this year.
CAE15
Assistant Coach

Post#18 » by CAE15 » Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:18 pm

GobertReport wrote:
CAE15 wrote:
GobertReport wrote:

He’d be starting, why would he hate that role? It’s also premised on Conley saying deuces I’m going somewhere else.
Yes and the clippers have no way to get Conley without renouncing Kawhi and several other cap holds. Sure you could argue Utah would rather get something for him if he wants to leave but we have to play ball for him to join the clippers unless he took a massive massive paycut
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#19 » by AingesBurner » Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:20 pm

CAE15 wrote:
GobertReport wrote:
CAE15 wrote:This does not give us what we need. Conley is far more valuable to us than Mook. And yes you immediately make the clippers the favorite in the west. All for mook to complain about Utah and his role and not having nearly the impact Conley would have with us. I don't know why people don't realize it. If we lose Conley..we take a HUGE step back

Yes and the clippers have no way to get Conley without renouncing Kawhi and several other cap holds. Sure you could argue Utah would rather get something for him if he wants to leave but we have to play ball for him to join the clippers unless he took a massive massive paycut

Obviously I’m not a cap expert but I think Conley plays ball to go to the clips on a discount and we may get more back to make it happen.
Ingles is cooked.
Rauxcee
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,054

Post#20 » by Rauxcee » Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:23 pm

CAE15 wrote:I think more realistic guys in potential trades

Larry Nance Jr.
Harrison Barnes
Andrew Wiggins
Dorian Finney-Smith
Robert Covington
Marcus Smart
Justin Holiday
Gordon Hayward
Thad Young
Josh Okogie
Taureen Prince

S&t options
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope
Reggie Bullock
Rudy Gay
Josh Hart

Oof. Those 2 guys were drafted with the Jazz's pick that they traded away.... It would be nice if we could grab 1 or 2 of those guys. Not sure how though.

In regards to Simmons (which we don't have the assets for), for all the talk of "Rudy gets played off the floor" bs, Simmons actually has to be on the bench the last 4-5 minutes of a close game due to his inability to shoot and hit a FT. No thanks.

Return to Utah Jazz