Read on Twitter
?s=19
Read on Twitter
?s=19

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Read on Twitter
?s=19
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,866

Re: Official Maryland Terps Thread 4.0 

Post#882 » by Wizardspride » Sat Jun 5, 2021 9:05 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#883 » by Wizardspride » Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:51 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#884 » by Wizardspride » Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:04 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Read on Twitter
?s=19
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,994

Post#885 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:12 am

Read on Twitter

I do not think Aaron Wiggins will be returning to Maryland. He will be drafted probably in the second round.
Bye bye Beal.
80sballboy
RealGM
And1: 5,650

Post#886 » by 80sballboy » Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:45 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
Read on Twitter

I do not think Aaron Wiggins will be returning to Maryland. He will be drafted probably in the second round.

Yes, he's gone. He'll never be more than a second-round pick or late first if he returns to Maryland for his senior season. I think Turge is holding him back with one of the slowest tempos in the nation. He's an excellent athlete and can stroke it. The guy has all the tools to be a solid NBA rotation player. Just needs some dawg in him.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#887 » by Ruzious » Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:52 pm

80sballboy wrote:
Read on Twitter

Yes, he's gone. He'll never be more than a second-round pick or late first if he returns to Maryland for his senior season. I think Turge is holding him back with one of the slowest tempos in the nation. He's an excellent athlete and can stroke it. The guy has all the tools to be a solid NBA rotation player. Just needs some dawg in him.

That's a good way of putting it. If he had Morsells intangibles, he'd be a sure 1st round pick.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
80sballboy
RealGM

Post#888 » by 80sballboy » Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:06 pm

Ruzious wrote:
80sballboy wrote:
Read on Twitter

That's a good way of putting it. If he had Morsells intangibles, he'd be a sure 1st round pick.

Yeah, Morsell is one of those Dez Wells' type of players Turge loves, but he's no NBA player. Wiggins can be better than Huerter if he wants. Apparently, he has a 6-11 wingspan and a 36-inch vertical.
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#889 » by Wizardspride » Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:23 pm

I told ya'll...... :D
80sballboy
RealGM

Post#890 » by 80sballboy » Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:45 pm

Wizardspride wrote:I told ya'll...... :D

I was there with you. Wiggins, Ayala and Morsell. All gone. The last two have zero shot of making the NBA. But I think Turge wants more athleticism and scoring.

PG Fatts Russell
SG Ian Martinez
SF Hakim Hart
PF Donta Scott
C Qudus Wahab

Bench:
F James Graham, G/F Ike Cornish, F/C Julian Reese, F Simon Wright, G Marcus Dockery. If they lose those three guys, the bench will be weakened. Tough to depend on freshmen and is Dockery ready to play legit minutes at the point? Personally, assuming that Wiggins is not coming back and Morsell is transferring somewhere else, I'd like to see Ayala back as a combo guard. BTW, unlike last season, Turge has a really good class coming in. Last year was awful. This year, he adds Reese, a four-star recruit and top-rated player in the state at 6-9, 230. He already has the size to make an impact. Graham is basically a freshman after getting some very brief time last season. Cornish is a 6-6 wing in the Wiggins mold with length and is a 4* guy. It's a shame Wiggins is probably heading on. I think this could be a top 10 team with him and Ayala. Didn't really need Morsell even though he's a glue guy.
Read on Twitter
?s=20
RealGM

Post#891 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:33 pm

80sballboy wrote:
Ruzious wrote:
80sballboy wrote:

Yeah, Morsell is one of those Dez Wells' type of players Turge loves, but he's no NBA player. Wiggins can be better than Huerter if he wants. Apparently, he has a 6-11 wingspan and a 36-inch vertical.

I agree that he needs some dawg in him. I believe he can be a solid NBA role player. He’s more athletic than Huerter. I don’t think he’s got Kevin’s floor game, handle, or passing abilities.

Speaking of Huerter, his success with the Hawks sure doesn’t hurt recruiting for the Terrapins.

It will be very interesting to see if Wiggins does better not playing in Turgeon’s slow system ball offense.
Bye bye Beal.
80sballboy
RealGM

Post#892 » by 80sballboy » Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:12 pm

80sballboy wrote:
Ruzious wrote:That's a good way of putting it. If he had Morsells intangibles, he'd be a sure 1st round pick.

I agree that he needs some dawg in him. I believe he can be a solid NBA role player. He’s more athletic than Huerter. I don’t think he’s got Kevin’s floor game, handle, or passing abilities.

Speaking of Huerter, his success with the Hawks sure doesn’t hurt recruiting for the Terrapins.

It will be very interesting to see if Wiggins does better not playing in Turgeon’s slow system ball offense.

Huerter definitely has a better floor game and can play some point, though he's limited with length in terms of defending 3s. Wiggins handle has improved some and he can get to the basket off the bounce. He also has the frame to be a very good defender. It's more about want-to. Can he do that for 82 games? I would assume, even if he gets drafted, he's going right to the G-League.
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#893 » by Wizardspride » Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:42 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
RealGM

Post#894 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:26 pm

Wiggins had a bad first day scrimmage at the NBA combine. Shot 1-9 and had 4 turnovers.

He measured 6’4.5 without shoes. That’s shorter than I expected. Wingspan 6’9.75” is not extraordinary.

When I saw him out there for the brief moment I watchedI had to think that he did not stand out. Maybe he will be coming back to Maryland
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#895 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:36 pm

Read on Twitter

In the past, 95% of the time this precedes the recruit chooses Penn State.

Locksley hasn’t yet turned the corner in winning, but he’s definitely turned up the recruiting profile. I expect the kid to pick Maryland.
Bye bye Beal.
80sballboy
RealGM

Post#896 » by 80sballboy » Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:03 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:Wiggins had a bad first day scrimmage at the NBA combine. Shot 1-9 and had 4 turnovers.

He measured 6’4.5 without shoes. That’s shorter than I expected. Wingspan 6’9.75” is not extraordinary.

When I saw him out there for the brief moment I watchedI had to think that he did not stand out. Maybe he will be coming back to Maryland

I guarantee Turgeon hopes he returns.
80sballboy
RealGM

Post#897 » by 80sballboy » Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:19 pm

No big loss and was a glue guy. Just time to move on from guys who are mediocre shooters.
Read on Twitter
?s=20
RealGM

Post#898 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:41 pm

I think he made a wise decision. He already played four years at Maryland. I think Morsell will eventually become a coach. This last season he might try to showcase his offensive game. Smart before Texas was a very successful coach. Morsell can learn a lot.

Bino Ranson already taking Maryland talent away ...
Bye bye Beal.
80sballboy
RealGM

Post#899 » by 80sballboy » Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:56 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:I think he made a wise decision. He already played four years at Maryland. I think Morsell will eventually become a coach. This last season he might try to showcase his offensive game. Smart before Texas was a very successful coach. Morsell can learn a lot.

Bino Ranson already taking Maryland talent away ...

Morsell already graduated. If not for COVID, he would be playing in Europe. Time to move on. I didn't need five years of Morsell's toughness and great defense, but you were also playing 4 on 5 at times on offense. Bino did a decent job but they traded up. Love the Danny Manning and Bruce Shingler hires. I'd rather have Hakim Hart's potential along with James Graham and Ike Cornish at the 3/4 spots. Wiggins is the guy they need to keep. Thinking it's 50-50 now.
80sballboy
RealGM

Post#900 » by 80sballboy » Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:04 pm

Classy comment from Turge
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Return to Washington Wizards