Kevin Love to play in Olympics

Moderator: ijspeelman

Harper4Ferry?
Starter
And1: 78

Kevin Love to play in Olympics 

Post#1 » by Harper4Ferry? » Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:32 pm

Maybe he can rebuild some value?
Bam Adebayo, James Harden, Kevin Durant, Draymond Green, Bradley Beal, Jayson Tatum, Devin Booker, Khris Middleton and Damian Lillard are the members of the squad plus Love. Supposedly Kawhi and PG will also join the team. The US squad is very undersized. Love might get a considerable amount of run at Center as he looks to be one of the few big guys on the roster.
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,371

Re: Kevin Love to play in Olympics 

Post#2 » by JonFromVA » Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:30 pm

Harper4Ferry? wrote:Maybe he can rebuild some value?
Bam Adebayo, James Harden, Kevin Durant, Draymond Green, Bradley Beal, Jayson Tatum, Devin Booker, Khris Middleton and Damian Lillard are the members of the squad plus Love. Supposedly Kawhi and PG will also join the team. The US squad is very undersized. Love might get a considerable amount of run at Center as he looks to be one of the few big guys on the roster.

I wonder if Jarrett Allen will go if his contract situation gets settled fast enough. That kind of experience might help him take another step in his career.

As for Kevin ...

Can he build trade value playing in the Olympics? Maybe convince Dame he can still play? Otherwise, it just seems like another opportunity for him to get hurt and miss games.
Revenged25
Analyst
And1: 1,002

Post#3 » by Revenged25 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:49 pm

JonFromVA wrote:

I wonder if Jarrett Allen will go if his contract situation gets settled fast enough. That kind of experience might help him take another step in his career.

As for Kevin ...

Can he build trade value playing in the Olympics? Maybe convince Dame he can still play? Otherwise, it just seems like another opportunity for him to get hurt and miss games.

I mean if he gets hurt maybe that will allow the Cavs a chance to force a medical retirement on him and open up a bunch of capspace that will immediately get used by Sexton and Allen's extensions.
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#4 » by JonFromVA » Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:02 pm

Revenged25 wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:

As for Kevin ...

I mean if he gets hurt maybe that will allow the Cavs a chance to force a medical retirement on him and open up a bunch of capspace that will immediately get used by Sexton and Allen's extensions.

We can dream, but the Cavs can't actually force anything on him.
LivingLegend
Head Coach
And1: 7,745

Post#5 » by LivingLegend » Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:51 am

Revenged25 wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:

As for Kevin ...

I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that he missed so much time he wants to actually okay now that he's healthy. Maybe keeping his body ready for the start of the regular season so he is in 'bball shape"

One can dream
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,083

Post#6 » by jbk1234 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:53 am

On one hand, I'm pretty pissed he'd risk another injury after barely playing two out of the last three seasons. On the other hand, he might actually report in shape.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
toooskies
Analyst
And1: 1,638

Post#7 » by toooskies » Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:37 pm

While Love is going to be on the team, I'm not sure he gets much PT in the actual games unless we need a stretch 4 kind of player. I think he's there just because he was on the 2012 team and knows a little bit of what to expect.
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#8 » by JonFromVA » Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:20 pm

toooskies wrote:While Love is going to be on the team, I'm not sure he gets much PT in the actual games unless we need a stretch 4 kind of player. I think he's there just because he was on the 2012 team and knows a little bit of what to expect.

A stretch-4 is a great weapon unless we've got a 3 with some length that can shoot on the roster ... and it It looks like Durant and Tatum have indicated they're going. As-is Draymond who hasn't been shooting well, but may benefit from the shorter 3pt line, and doesn't cause the defensive issues that Love does.

So, I agree things aren't looking t0o bright for Kev to get much PT; but if they're not stuck in a bubble or endless protocols the games in Japan should be a ton of fun.
Harper4Ferry?
Starter
And1: 78

Post#9 » by Harper4Ferry? » Sat Aug 7, 2021 4:58 am

Glad to see Javale get a gold medal.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers