ImageImageImage

where do the Cavs land on your crystal ball ?

Moderator: ijspeelman

Where do they pick this time? 7th is the greatest odds

13%
20%
27%
20%
No votes
7%
13%
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 15

Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

where do the Cavs land on your crystal ball ? 

Post#1 » by Stillwater » Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:45 am

Lottery drawing is Tuesday I give you 4 options
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
Harper4Ferry?
Starter
And1: 78

Re: where do the Cavs land on your crystal ball ? 

Post#2 » by Harper4Ferry? » Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:42 pm

#2 seems like the obvious choice. At #1, you just take Cunningham and it's probably the right pick regardless. At #2, you got a really great chance of drafting this year's version of Darko Milicic or more recently Marvin Bagley. We'll screw this up.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#3 » by Stillwater » Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:45 am

Harper4Ferry? wrote:#2 seems like the obvious choice. At #1, you just take Cunningham and it's probably the right pick regardless. At #2, you got a really great chance of drafting this year's version of Darko Milicic or more recently Marvin Bagley. We'll screw this up.

I think unless the front office is changed they would be highly likely to take Mobley at 2 with his ability to play the 4 or 5 and an advanced 2 way game...and being that it would allow them to sign and trade Allen if they don't want to pay him as much as he wants or something and with less need to retain him etc. I think if Cade does go 1st, which I think is only true for about 3 of the lottery teams besides CLE who probably also will Cavs take Mobley 8 times out of 10 at 2nd overall and if not it's Kuminga or Barnes to fill out the top 4. I dont now see them taking either top 6 guard
That said, I like our odds at a top 4 this time.
LivingLegend
Head Coach
And1: 7,745

Post#4 » by LivingLegend » Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:10 am

Considering the Cavs have had horrible lotto luck recently and they are slated for even worse odds this year---im going to say they stay at #7 or #8.

Fire up the Scottie Barnes vs. Franz Wagner debates baby
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#5 » by Stillwater » Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:18 pm

advise: stay away from good tv go to garage or something during drawing . if they get lucky you can dance if they fail you can avoid insurance claims
Harper4Ferry?
Starter
And1: 78

Post#6 » by Harper4Ferry? » Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:57 am

#3, Green?
Revenged25
Analyst
And1: 1,002

Post#7 » by Revenged25 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:59 am

Well at least it's Green or Mobley. Guess it depends on what Houston wants.
KuruptedCav
Analyst
And1: 1,125

Post#8 » by KuruptedCav » Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:03 am

Harper4Ferry? wrote:#3, Green?

Hopefully the Pistons/Rockets don’t do something stupid like let Mobley fall to 3

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
LivingLegend
Head Coach

Post#9 » by LivingLegend » Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:05 am

Green seems to be the guy for SF.....right?
Mind_Odyssey
Analyst
And1: 4,957

Post#10 » by Mind_Odyssey » Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:08 am

Draft Green and watch him cook

KuruptedCav
Analyst
And1: 1,125

Post#11 » by KuruptedCav » Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:14 am

LivingLegend wrote:Green seems to be the guy for SF.....right?

I don’t think he has the size to defend the 3. He’s a thin player, like he’d give up at least 15lbs to every listed SF.

He’s a SG. I think Malik Beasley with a better defensive ceiling.

LivingLegend
Head Coach

Post#12 » by LivingLegend » Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:49 am

KuruptedCav wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:Green seems to be the guy for SF.....right?

I don’t think he has the size to defend the 3. He’s a thin player, like he’d give up at least 15lbs to every listed SF.

He’s a SG. I think Malik Beasley with a better defensive ceiling.

If we're spending a top 3 pick on a player his ceiling better not be Malik Beasley :lol:

From watching his breakdown they basically make it sound like a he's a all-offense no-defense Shooting Guard. I kind of get some smaller Brandon Ingram vibes from him or maybe even Zach Levine.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,087

Post#13 » by jbk1234 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:49 am

Yep. Unless someone comes in with a stupid offer for Suggs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
LivingLegend
Head Coach

Post#14 » by LivingLegend » Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:52 am

If we take Green, we better hope Okoro grew 2 inches this off-season lol
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#15 » by Stillwater » Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:59 am

Cavs need spacing but I am thinking they will be taking Barnes at 3... he is killing it at the combine has everything else they need besides shooting and they can get more of it just by setting up the guards to shoot more,playing off him.esp if get Windler and Wade more run and maybe buy a early 2nd or late first for another 3/d guy.
I think Green won't want to be in CLE and won't want to share the rock with Sexland at all, so unless they plan on making trades he is not the prospect on top of the bb for fast forwarding anything.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#16 » by Stillwater » Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:02 am

LivingLegend wrote:If we take Green, we better hope Okoro grew 2 inches this off-season lol

Green has a legit shot to go 1 to Detroit imo he is exactly what they need
Revenged25
Analyst
And1: 1,002

Post#17 » by Revenged25 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:12 am

Stillwater wrote:Cavs need spacing but I am thinking they will be taking Barnes at 3... he is killing it at the combine has everything else they need besides shooting and they can get more of it just by setting up the guards to shoot more,playing off him.esp if get Windler and Wade more run and maybe buy a early 2nd or late first for another 3/d guy.
I think Green won't want to be in CLE and won't want to share the rock with Sexland at all, so unless they plan on making trades he is not the prospect on top of the bb for fast forwarding anything.

I mean everyone is talking about who to trade to make room for who is picked at #3, what about the option of trading #3 for a younger All-Star?
LivingLegend
Head Coach

Post#18 » by LivingLegend » Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:13 am

jbk1234 wrote:
Yep. Unless someone comes in with a stupid offer for Suggs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app

Alright, Ive spent 45 mins reading/watching everything about Green. He sounds really good but the biggest comparison a lot of writers seem to make is Zach Lavine--who took 7 years to go from raw talent to putting it all together. Many believe that will be the same process for Green because he is incredibly raw talent that doesnt know much else besides get the ball and score.

Apparently his negatives is that 1) He has no feel for the game 2) Hes a bad defender that gives little effort and 3) Hes doesnt pass much and lacks play making for others.

So it sounds like he is a dynamic scorer that does little else and it will depend on if he develops in other areas for him to be successful. One article said that he could go two ways-- Zack Lavine or Terrance Ross but either way its going to take him a few years to develop and will likely be best served in a 6th man role for a few seasons.
LivingLegend
Head Coach

Post#19 » by LivingLegend » Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:13 am

Revenged25 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:Cavs need spacing but I am thinking they will be taking Barnes at 3... he is killing it at the combine has everything else they need besides shooting and they can get more of it just by setting up the guards to shoot more,playing off him.esp if get Windler and Wade more run and maybe buy a early 2nd or late first for another 3/d guy.

I mean everyone is talking about who to trade to make room for who is picked at #3, what about the option of trading #3 for a younger All-Star?

Do you know of any teams that are currently willing to trade a young All-Star for a draft pick?
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#20 » by Stillwater » Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:14 am

Revenged25 wrote:Well at least it's Green or Mobley. Guess it depends on what Houston wants.

I bet Green goes 1 or 2 if he is legit 6'6 and works out for 1 or both of those orgs. He is skipping the testing at the combine so I am guessing he will only do workouts for teams he wants to join. The good thing if Cavs want him is 3 is high enough he might work out for them. I doubt Mobley is there , in fact I would bet on Cade being there at 3 more than most people will over Mobley falling

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers