ImageImageImageImageImage

Kings 3-0 since Bagley's return from injury

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

nolang1
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,749

Kings 3-0 since Bagley's return from injury 

Post#1 » by nolang1 » Thu May 6, 2021 1:18 am

3-0 and now he has 24 points at halftime as they lead the Pacers. So he's ruining the tank and then he's also apparently a malevolent influence in the community according to some people (just ignore that the Kings just traded for a guy who got arrested for domestic abuse). The Kings are 10-15 without him and 20-25 in games he's played, so clearly he's the #1 problem with the organization or something.
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,716

Re: Kings 3-0 since Bagley's return from injury 

Post#2 » by kalenclayton » Thu May 6, 2021 4:55 pm

nolang1 wrote:3-0 and now he has 24 points at halftime as they lead the Pacers. So he's ruining the tank and then he's also apparently a malevolent influence in the community according to some people (just ignore that the Kings just traded for a guy who got arrested for domestic abuse). The Kings are 10-15 without him and 20-25 in games he's played, so clearly he's the #1 problem with the organization or something.

He’s been the scapegoat when there have been bigger issues like Walton and, more importantly, Vivek sticking around. Bagley has warts and everyone acknowledges that. Some just take that a little too far and decide he’s trash. He’s not. He’s currently limited, but he is definitely an NBA player and he belongs. I’ve had to resort to defending the guy multiple times here and on the T&T board because he gets way too much hate. Was he worth the 2nd pick? Absolutely not. Should we be measuring him up against that pick? No. We are far removed from that time so we need to focus on what we have. He can contribute and possibly be part of the future. Hold him accountable, but don’t trash the guy.
graymule
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,421

Post#3 » by graymule » Thu May 6, 2021 6:04 pm

:D

Winning isn't everything but it sure beats losing! Enjoy each and every victory. They are not easy to come by.
Every NBA teams have problems. Some just have more than others. Grow your own takes time. Question is,
will the Kings be better next season? They should be. If not, why not?

High draft picks are great. Wise draft picks are even greater. Sometimes, really good players come in the
second round. Sometimes 1st round picks just don't become stars.

:nod:
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,568

Post#4 » by LightTheBeam » Fri May 7, 2021 8:33 pm

I like Bagley. He overlaps way too much with Barnes on the offensive end.

Bagley obviously has the higher ceiling, and Barnes probably has more value to the league.

If I'm in Montes shoes, I'm moving Barnes this summer no matter what. My 1st call is NYK, I ask how they feel about taking Barnes/Buddy with only sending us back Knox. Then SA with the same question. If we can dump both of them together, then we resign Davis, Holmes, bring in our 1st round pick, and have a lot more flexibility which Monte preached last offseason.

If we can't do that, then I shift to trading Barnes for the best prospect/pick I can find. It was a big mistake to turn down the Boston offer. We would have gotten Nesmith + 1st + cleared the cap room for Holmes in 1 swoop. Now its very unlikely that is still on the table, and they moved the TPE so at minimum we are now eating Thompson.

The Bulls are clearly trying to win, I don't think Williams value dropped that much, but man if we could swing Barnes + Something for Aminu + Williams, that would be truly amazing. Who knows with the Bulls, they may feel the pressure to win with Vuc/Lavine.
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,688

Post#5 » by basketballRob » Sat May 8, 2021 7:18 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:I like Bagley. He overlaps way too much with Barnes on the offensive end.

Bagley obviously has the higher ceiling, and Barnes probably has more value to the league.

If I'm in Montes shoes, I'm moving Barnes this summer no matter what. My 1st call is NYK, I ask how they feel about taking Barnes/Buddy with only sending us back Knox. Then SA with the same question. If we can dump both of them together, then we resign Davis, Holmes, bring in our 1st round pick, and have a lot more flexibility which Monte preached last offseason.

If we can't do that, then I shift to trading Barnes for the best prospect/pick I can find. It was a big mistake to turn down the Boston offer. We would have gotten Nesmith + 1st + cleared the cap room for Holmes in 1 swoop. Now its very unlikely that is still on the table, and they moved the TPE so at minimum we are now eating Thompson.

The Bulls are clearly trying to win, I don't think Williams value dropped that much, but man if we could swing Barnes + Something for Aminu + Williams, that would be truly amazing. Who knows with the Bulls, they may feel the pressure to win with Vuc/Lavine.
Patrick Williams is probably a future allstar and you want to trade him for a mediocre player? What's going on in Chicago? First they trade WCJ, then I hear they don't like, Coby White, now they don't like Patrick Williams?

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,716

Post#6 » by kalenclayton » Sun May 9, 2021 8:35 pm

basketballRob wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:I like Bagley. He overlaps way too much with Barnes on the offensive end.

Patrick Williams is probably a future allstar and you want to trade him for a mediocre player? What's going on in Chicago? First they trade WCJ, then I hear they don't like, Coby White, now they don't like Patrick Williams?

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app

I hate being like this, but what makes you think Patrick Williams is a potential future all star. I am legitimately curious. You definitely aren’t the only one, but I’ve been wondering why people think this. At the time of the draft, I thought he was maybe the 11th best prospect at best. I thought he had a high probability of becoming a good role player. I’ve never seen all star potential though.
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,770

Post#7 » by BoogieTime » Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:24 pm

Dude was just on twitter liking a post about him needing to get off the Kings to salvage his career

He's a scrub on/off the floor, and will be remembered as such at Kings games when he's in a different uniform next year IMO

His low BBIQ will always preclude him from being a serious player IMO, and he will be moved for cap this summer and it will be best for all parties
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,446

Post#8 » by KF10 » Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:41 am

Really tried to like this kid but I knew the moment he was a bust when when came into his 2nd year with ZERO change. The guy is a black hole on offense and defense is weak as hell.

Wouldn’t be surprised if he followed the T. Robinson path and is out of the league sooner than later.

What a disastrous pick of epic proportions.
jeffjtk1234
Starter
And1: 401

Post#9 » by jeffjtk1234 » Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:06 am

KF10 wrote:Really tried to like this kid but I knew the moment he was a bust when when came into his 2nd year with ZERO change. The guy is a black hole on offense and defense is weak as hell.

Wouldn’t be surprised if he followed the T. Robinson path and is out of the league sooner than later.

He’s equal parts mentally and physically weak

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,770

Post#10 » by BoogieTime » Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:58 pm

Its unhealthy, but I do dislike him.

He liked the post about 2018 being possibly the strongest class ever, and he needs to get out of Sacramento

He actively blames Sacramento for his lack of development instead of takes responsibility for himself

just a nightmare.
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,446

Post#11 » by KF10 » Sat Jun 26, 2021 4:52 pm

jeffjtk1234 wrote:
KF10 wrote:Really tried to like this kid but I knew the moment he was a bust when when came into his 2nd year with ZERO change. The guy is a black hole on offense and defense is weak as hell.

Bagley and his dad are a net negative, the Kings need to separate from them as soon as possible. I don't want to hear anymore stories and headlines from them disparaging the Kings all season long.
jeffjtk1234
Starter
And1: 401

Post#12 » by jeffjtk1234 » Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:39 pm

KF10 wrote:
jeffjtk1234 wrote:

Bagley and his dad are a net negative, the Kings need to separate from them as soon as possible. I don't want to hear anymore stories and headlines from them disparaging the Kings all season long.

I agree, he’s got to go ASAP

City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#13 » by City of Trees » Fri Jul 2, 2021 2:31 am

Bagley removed the Kings from all of his socials and he liked a tweet about getting traded. Kid can't stay healthy but he wants to act like that? Okay sure. Lol. Yea trade him Monte it's time to move on because there is no way Kings give him a 2nd contract.
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,568

Post#14 » by LightTheBeam » Fri Jul 2, 2021 6:50 pm

City of Trees wrote:Bagley removed the Kings from all of his socials and he liked a tweet about getting traded. Kid can't stay healthy but he wants to act like that? Okay sure. Lol. Yea trade him Monte it's time to move on because there is no way Kings give him a 2nd contract.

Ya I agree. At this point I wouldn't even mind a straight salary dump just to free up Holmes money.

Return to Sacramento Kings