ImageImageImage

Rick Carlisle Steps Down! What Next?

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

SOUNDCHASER
Sixth Man
And1: 279

Re: Rick Carlisle Steps Down! What Next? 

Post#121 » by SOUNDCHASER » Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:02 am

I sort of always thought that at some point Kidd would end up being a coach here.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 3,957

Post#122 » by Mr B » Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:12 am

SOUNDCHASER wrote:I sort of always thought that at some point Kidd would end up being a coach here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
agentofatlas
Sixth Man
And1: 983

Post#123 » by agentofatlas » Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:21 am

arkuo wrote:People are upset like Dallas hired Scott Brooks or something. LMAO

Probably a better coach than Kidd has shown so far. At least he gets out of the way of his star players.
arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,917

Post#124 » by arkuo » Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:57 am

agentofatlas wrote:
arkuo wrote:People are upset like Dallas hired Scott Brooks or something. LMAO

Probably a better coach than Kidd has shown so far. At least he gets out of the way of his star players.

Thibs was able to tone down and hold his temper when he was dealing with younger players today. I see no reason for Carlisle to implement his "my way or the highway" method now. It's a player's league today. There is a reason why there is talk about the league about playing under Carlisle. It creates a stigma.

Who knows, if Carlisle wasn't too tough on DSJ or Nerlens Noel, would they have panned out better here?
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,244

Post#125 » by jakecronus8 » Sat Jun 26, 2021 4:24 pm

Hello Mavs fans. Bucks fan here. I just wanted to give my condolences. I’m so so sorry for you and Luka. :cry:
Do it for Chuck
JJP
Pro Prospect
And1: 172

Post#126 » by JJP » Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:04 pm

jakecronus8 wrote:Hello Mavs fans. Bucks fan here. I just wanted to give my condolences. I’m so so sorry for you and Luka. :cry:

You're like the 4th Bucks fan to come in and give his "expert" opinion - one that has about 12 words in it. We're so very appreciative of your input. :roll:
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,244

Post#127 » by jakecronus8 » Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:05 pm

JJP wrote:
jakecronus8 wrote:Hello Mavs fans. Bucks fan here. I just wanted to give my condolences. I’m so so sorry for you and Luka. :cry:

You're like the 4th Bucks fan to come in and give his "expert" opinion - one that has about 12 words in it. We're so very appreciative of your input. :roll:

As I said. Wasn’t an opinion. Just condolences. I understand you’re angry. It’s part of the process.

Side note: get used to the words “understanding” “energy” and “effort.” Those are his crutches. Also, get used to him alienating your team’s best players for absolutely no reason.
Do it for Chuck
Mr B
RealGM

Post#128 » by Mr B » Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:20 pm

jakecronus8 wrote:
JJP wrote:

As I said. Wasn’t an opinion. Just condolences. I understand you’re angry. It’s part of the process.

Side note: get used to the words “understanding” “energy” and “effort.” Those are his crutches. Also, get used to him alienating your team’s best players for absolutely no reason.

Who’s angry? I think Bucks fans are the only ones angry about the Mavs hiring Kidd.

JJP
Pro Prospect
And1: 172

Post#129 » by JJP » Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:23 pm

jakecronus8 wrote:As I said. Wasn’t an opinion. Just condolences.

Thanks. Bye.
Darren
RealGM
And1: 823

Post#130 » by Darren » Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:37 pm

I think some combination of Dirk, Barea, Carter and Tyson Chandler will be somewhere around Kidd coming season. I think the Mavs needs a shooting coach from foul line and 3 point range. Carter can be athletic trainer. Chandler can be defensive coach. Barea can be assistanat. Finley can be scout.
arkuo
General Manager

Post#131 » by arkuo » Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:50 pm

Darren wrote:I think some combination of Dirk, Barea, Carter and Tyson Chandler will be somewhere around Kidd coming season. I think the Mavs needs a shooting coach from foul line and 3 point range. Carter can be athletic trainer. Chandler can be defensive coach. Barea can be assistanat. Finley can be scout.

Shooting coaches and free throw coaches are hired for middle school varisty teams. These guys are pros and need to have the mechanics nailed down by now. That being said, special skills training need to be done by these guys in the offseason most likely hired by themselves. Like what Kobe does with Tim Grover in the offseason. He hired Grover out of his own pocket to work on his game. So instead of eating pizzas and playing video games, let's hope Luka invests on these things so he comes into training camp 30 lbs less than what he did this year.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#132 » by Mr B » Sun Jun 27, 2021 4:36 pm

arkuo wrote:
Darren wrote:I think some combination of Dirk, Barea, Carter and Tyson Chandler will be somewhere around Kidd coming season. I think the Mavs needs a shooting coach from foul line and 3 point range. Carter can be athletic trainer. Chandler can be defensive coach. Barea can be assistanat. Finley can be scout.

Shooting coaches and free throw coaches are hired for middle school varisty teams. These guys are pros and need to have the mechanics nailed down by now. That being said, special skills training need to be done by these guys in the offseason most likely hired by themselves. Like what Kobe does with Tim Grover in the offseason. He hired Grover out of his own pocket to work on his game. So instead of eating pizzas and playing video games, let's hope Luka invests on these things so he comes into training camp 30 lbs less than what he did this year.

Isn’t Shamgod their skills coach? Come to think of it are they keeping Shamgod?

arkuo
General Manager

Post#133 » by arkuo » Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:43 pm

Mr B wrote:
arkuo wrote:

Seems like Kidd wants a clean slate of his boys coming in. So even Mosley might be looking for a new job soon.

It would depend on how much of the 2011 team Kidd is bringing in. We've heard JET and Barea so far.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#134 » by Mr B » Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:57 pm

arkuo wrote:
Mr B wrote:
arkuo wrote:

Seems like Kidd wants a clean slate of his boys coming in. So even Mosley might be looking for a new job soon.

It would depend on how much of the 2011 team Kidd is bringing in. We've heard JET and Barea so far.

He hasn’t actually hired JET though has he? I know they did announce Barea has been hired on to his staff but not Terry yet.

DJ_3_Ball
Sixth Man
And1: 540

Post#135 » by DJ_3_Ball » Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:53 pm

Reportedly Jason Kidd wanted to join the Mavs coaching staff as an assistant after he was let go by Milwaukee. Reports say Carlisle said no. Apparently he didn't feel comfortable with Kidd on his staff because he felt Kidd might try to backstab him (which Kidd has a reputation for doing). Apparently Carlisle also is easily feels threatened.

With regards to Carlisle's peculiar comments about who the Mavs should hire after he stepped down, apparently Carlisle's relationship had been deteriorating with Luka and Jamahl Mosley's close relationship with Luka made Carlisle feel threatened or he just felt it was a betrayal of some sort. This explains why Carlisle threw shade on Mosley on his way out.

So for all of the Carlisle apologists on this forum who think Cuban is the jerk and Carlisle is some rocket scientist, who discount player relationships & think the NBA is still run like it was in the 1980s, Carlisle is a very insecure person by all reports. Very petty and a certified horse's ass. I'm glad he's gone. I haven't liked Carlisle since about 2014. He overstayed his welcome. And even if none of that is true... if just the part about having a deteriorating relationship with Luka is true, then he needed to go.
JD45
General Manager
And1: 261

Post#136 » by JD45 » Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:14 pm

DJ_3_Ball wrote:Reportedly Jason Kidd wanted to join the Mavs coaching staff as an assistant after he was let go by Milwaukee. Reports say Carlisle said no. Apparently he didn't feel comfortable with Kidd on his staff because he felt Kidd might try to backstab him (which Kidd has a reputation for doing). Apparently Carlisle also is easily feels threatened.

With regards to Carlisle's peculiar comments about who the Mavs should hire after he stepped down, apparently Carlisle's relationship had been deteriorating with Luka and Jamahl Mosley's close relationship with Luka made Carlisle feel threatened or he just felt it was a betrayal of some sort. This explains why Carlisle threw shade on Mosley on his way out.

So for all of the Carlisle apologists on this forum who think Cuban is the jerk and Carlisle is some rocket scientist, who discount player relationships & think the NBA is still run like it was in the 1980s, Carlisle is a very insecure person by all reports. Very petty and a certified horse's ass. I'm glad he's gone. I haven't liked Carlisle since about 2014. He overstayed his welcome. And even if none of that is true... if just the part about having a deteriorating relationship with Luka is true, then he needed to go.

Any grown man who is yelling at inanimate objects has problems with his emotions. If that was his rage outlet to keep from raging at people, then he could at least get credit for effort. But apparently his rage was directed at people as well. Lack of emotional control is not the same as being a "hardass" or disciplinarian. That uncontrolled emotion is lack of discipline. A controlled coach might use yelling or anger as a motivational tool, but thats a lot different from it just being uncontrolled. I can't believe he lasted this long with that behavior.
"Government is the great fiction through which everyone endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else"

Frederic Bastiat
DJ_3_Ball
Sixth Man

Post#137 » by DJ_3_Ball » Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:55 am

JD45 wrote:
DJ_3_Ball wrote:Reportedly Jason Kidd wanted to join the Mavs coaching staff as an assistant after he was let go by Milwaukee. Reports say Carlisle said no. Apparently he didn't feel comfortable with Kidd on his staff because he felt Kidd might try to backstab him (which Kidd has a reputation for doing). Apparently Carlisle also is easily feels threatened.

Any grown man who is yelling at inanimate objects has problems with his emotions. If that was his rage outlet to keep from raging at people, then he could at least get credit for effort. But apparently his rage was directed at people as well. Lack of emotional control is not the same as being a "hardass" or disciplinarian. That uncontrolled emotion is lack of discipline. A controlled coach might use yelling or anger as a motivational tool, but thats a lot different from it just being uncontrolled. I can't believe he lasted this long with that behavior.

I may be the only person here who listens to The Ticket (1310 AM Sportsradio station in Dallas), so I guess a lot of people aren't familiar with these stories. The Ticket's studio is down in Victory Park, which surrounds the American Airlines Center, and The Ticket employees share the same parking garage with the Mavericks employees.

Carlisle is notorious for being a horse's ass to anyone who mistakenly parks in his spot. Apparently, one day a Ticket employee saw Luka pull up and park in Carlisle's spot even though there were dozens of empty parking spots available near by. They said they thought he did it on purpose.

I also have not liked Carlisle personally because he's a bully when he comes on The Ticket for interviews. Just short, rude answers. If the regular host is not there that day, and he has to talk to someone he thinks is less important on the station, he always treated them like a jackass.

The more & more I think about it, man **** that guy! I'm really glad we got rid of his sorry ass. He ain't that great of a coach. Doesn't even know to leave Luka in the game when we're leading the series up 2-0 and up by 19 pts in the 1Q!
Mr B
RealGM

Post#138 » by Mr B » Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:06 am

DJ_3_Ball wrote:
JD45 wrote:

I may be the only person here who listens to The Ticket (1310 AM Sportsradio station in Dallas), so I guess a lot of people aren't familiar with these stories. The Ticket's studio is down in Victory Park, which surrounds the American Airlines Center, and The Ticket employees share the same parking garage with the Mavericks employees.

Carlisle is notorious for being a horse's ass to anyone who mistakenly parks in his spot. Apparently, one day a Ticket employee saw Luka pull up and park in Carlisle's spot even though there were dozens of empty parking spots available near by. They said they thought he did it on purpose.

I also have not liked Carlisle personally because he's a bully when he comes on The Ticket for interviews. Just short, rude answers. If the regular host is not there that day, and he has to talk to someone he thinks is less important on the station, he always treated them like a jackass.

The more & more I think about it, man **** that guy! I'm really glad we got rid of his sorry ass. He ain't that great of a coach. Doesn't even know to leave Luka in the game when we're leading the series up 2-0 and up by 19 pts in the 1Q!

I live in Dallas and listen to the Ticket too. I also listen to the Fan. Carlisle has been like that with all reporters in addition to the Tickets reporters. He got away with it because he actually is a good coach and because he coached them to a title. I like Carlisle the coach but his act had worn thin and it was time for a change.

leolozon
General Manager
And1: 7,724

Post#139 » by leolozon » Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:40 am

JD45 wrote:

What about a man who beats up his wife? Does he have problem with his emotions?

What about a 40yo family man who still drives drunk and smashes his car into a pole?

What about a man going behind his boss's back when things don't go his way?
DJ_3_Ball
Sixth Man

Post#140 » by DJ_3_Ball » Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:37 am

leolozon wrote:What about a man who beats up his wife? Does he have problem with his emotions?

What about a 40yo family man who still drives drunk and smashes his car into a pole?

What about a man going behind his boss's back when things don't go his way?

Ask Dirk. He's the one who recommended Kidd.

Also, you ever watched an NFL game? Don't come at me with this moral superiority Liberal ****. There isn't a professional sports team in the world that doesn't have some stain on their record. I don't want to hear it.

Return to Dallas Mavericks