OT: Investing/Stocks/Bonds/Mutual Funds/Crypto

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,051

Re: OT: Investing/Stocks/Bonds/Mutual Funds/Crypto 

Post#981 » by Thunder Muscle » Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:23 pm

M-C-G wrote:
Thunder Muscle wrote:I'm +4.2% on OLO today, hellllll yeeeeeah! Haha!

Holy ****, I didn't notice they finished that strong. Might be time to take some gains and wait for a dip???? Ehhh, I'll just hold and see what happens.

OLO has dipped a little bit. Considering buying a few more stocks.

Generac has been real successful so far for me. Up 25% since buying like 4 weeks ago. Not sure what the ceiling is, but so far so good.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,357

Post#982 » by M-C-G » Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:02 pm

Thunder Muscle wrote:
M-C-G wrote:
Thunder Muscle wrote:I'm +4.2% on OLO today, hellllll yeeeeeah! Haha!

Holy ****, I didn't notice they finished that strong. Might be time to take some gains and wait for a dip???? Ehhh, I'll just hold and see what happens.

Generac has been real successful so far for me. Up 25% since buying like 4 weeks ago. Not sure what the ceiling is, but so far so good.

I assume this week of rolling power outages mixed with storms on the east coast will be good for sales this quarter. I would assume they have a very seasonal cyclical sales pattern
sidney lanier
Head Coach
And1: 9,910

Post#983 » by sidney lanier » Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:26 pm

As someone who owns some Nike stock, thank you Giannis. Thank you LeBron. Your feet > crypto.
"The Bucks in six always. That's for the culture." -- B. Jennings
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,862

Post#984 » by jschligs » Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:55 pm

sidney lanier wrote:As someone who owns some Nike stock, thank you Giannis. Thank you LeBron. Your feet > crypto.

Yup this Nike bump was nice and why I’ll be holding for many many years.

Also, my SPCE choice is looking good. FAA approval was huge .
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,596

Post#985 » by Stannis » Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:01 am

What coins do you guys like here?

I doubled down on Polkadot and also opened a new position in KSM
Free Palestine
Lippo
Lead Assistant
And1: 943

Post#986 » by Lippo » Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:22 am

Stannis wrote:What coins do you guys like here?

I doubled down on Polkadot and also opened a new position in KSM

Got a 1000 dollars worth of Cartesi…. Wanted to go for some bigger gains, Link, Ether, Cardano and Bitcoin
Aren’t gonna 10x any time soon.
mcfromage
Veteran
And1: 840

Post#987 » by mcfromage » Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:36 am

HBAR :wink:
jmart762
Pro Prospect
And1: 430

Post#988 » by jmart762 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:40 pm

I'm pretty much all in (80+%) on eth. Eip 1559 is a couple of weeks away and that will create some great market conditions going forward imo. This feels like the mid $200s from early last year personally and the r/r makes it a no brainer if I'm willing to be patient for 3 years at least.

Sent from my SM-G981U using RealGM mobile app
Henchman24
Ballboy
And1: 10

Post#989 » by Henchman24 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:46 pm

M-C-G wrote:
Thunder Muscle wrote:
M-C-G wrote:

I assume this week of rolling power outages mixed with storms on the east coast will be good for sales this quarter. I would assume they have a very seasonal cyclical sales pattern

Generac just opened a new plant in Georgia and will be opening yet another in Mexico later this year. And there is talk of opening more.
vegaspacker
Analyst
And1: 963

Post#990 » by vegaspacker » Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:47 am

Kind of a rough few months for Cryptocurrency, just hodling my bags. I haven't bought anything in a few months, and just want to let the rough waters settle a bit.

My IQST jumped up 33+% today with news of uplisting to Nasdaq soon. A lot of uncertainty everywhere, so hanging on to bunch of cash and standing pat.
I needs shades for this future thing we owning..... 8-) 8-) 8-)
turbo2k
Bench Warmer
And1: 423

Post#991 » by turbo2k » Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:54 am

Henchman24 wrote:
M-C-G wrote:
Thunder Muscle wrote:

Generac just opened a new plant in Georgia and will be opening yet another in Mexico later this year. And there is talk of opening more.

JKS (Jinko solar) hit big for me today, I think a LOT more room to run over the years. Generac is a great one to hold on to long term, power is becoming more localized and distributed as we move forward.
Newz wrote:I would also like it to be known that David Lee has not won an ESPY yet. This is **** ridiculous and it is obvious that they are doing it just to put him down. He should win all awards.
David Lee = Robbed again.

http://www.saveourbucks.com
vital_signs
Analyst
And1: 2,239

Post#992 » by vital_signs » Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:19 pm

Anyone else looking to hop on the NNDM train? Been eyeing them up for months and am experiencing FOMO.
Inadequate perception I reckon it's from the Valium
DrWood
Head Coach
And1: 2,383

Post#993 » by DrWood » Mon Jul 5, 2021 6:46 am

I need to move the investments I have in an Edward Jones account (inherited) to one of the low-cost online brokerages. I have a Schwab account. Looking at Vanguard, TDI Ameritrade, Etrade, Fidelity, Merril. I'm mainly a buy and hold kind of investor. no-fee fund or stock trades are good. The ability to talk to a person in an emergency would be good. quality research for free would be good.
Any you prefer, or would avoid?
mcfromage
Veteran
And1: 840

Post#994 » by mcfromage » Tue Jul 6, 2021 8:34 pm

When does FCEL boom? Anyone growing impatient?
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,596

Post#995 » by Stannis » Tue Jul 6, 2021 9:17 pm

mcfromage wrote:When does FCEL boom? Anyone growing impatient?

It already boomed imo.

From 2 bucks to 9. And it hit 23 on the way.
Free Palestine
Erifee
Senior
And1: 305

Post#996 » by Erifee » Sat Jul 10, 2021 4:33 am

"Bitcoin power plant" sounds like a square on an apocalypse-themed bingo card.

In the past, nearby residents weren’t necessarily enamored with the idea of a pollution-spewing power plant warming their deep, cold water lake, but at least the electricity produced by the plant was powering their homes. Sixty percent still does, Greenidge said, but the rest of the time, the turbines are burning natural gas to mint profits for the private equity firm Atlas Holdings by mining bitcoin.

Atlas, the firm that bought Greenidge has been ramping up its bitcoin mining aspirations over the last year and a half, installing thousands of mining rigs that have produced over 1,100 bitcoin as of February 2021. The company has plans to install thousands more rigs, ultimately using 85 MW of the station’s total 108 MW capacity.

Seneca Lake’s water isn’t the only thing the power plant is warming. In December 2020, with the power plant running at just 13 percent of its capacity, Atlas’ bitcoin operations there produced 243,103 tons of carbon dioxide and equivalent greenhouse gases, a ten-fold increase from January 2020 when mining commenced. NOx pollution, which is responsible for everything from asthma, lung cancer, and premature death, also rose 10x.

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2021/07/bitcoin-power-plant-is-turning-a-12000-year-old-glacial-lake-into-a-hot-tub/
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:His Suns about 5 or 6 years ago came close to getting to the Finals who got ripped off in that one playoff series when he was thrown across a table by Robert Horry who you might also consider an excellent core piece.
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,321

Post#997 » by SupremeHustle » Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:08 pm

Mistakes were made lol.
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,562

Post#998 » by chonestown » Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:51 am

Read on Twitter

Dogecoin coin creator quoted above. Thread puts into words a lot of the uneasiness I have with crypto in particular and the market in general.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”

-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

MickeyDavis: "OT Pants is gone forever. Cherish the Memory." (3/28/23)
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,862

Post#999 » by jschligs » Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:26 pm

As someone who is no longer heavily invested in FCEL (outside of a $75 option I bought expiring in Oct), it's truly amazing to watch it fall by 5-10% seemingly every day.
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,321

Post#1000 » by SupremeHustle » Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:55 pm

jschligs wrote:As someone who is no longer heavily invested in FCEL (outside of a $75 option I bought expiring in Oct), it's truly amazing to watch it fall by 5-10% seemingly every day.

Buy the dip? Please. Anybody.
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?

Return to Milwaukee Bucks