Image ImageImage Image

Around The NBA

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

DASMACKDOWN
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 14,348

Around The NBA 

Post#1 » by DASMACKDOWN » Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:21 am

Lets continue here.
The Cult of Personality
DASMACKDOWN
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Re: Around The NBA - Playoff Edition 

Post#2 » by DASMACKDOWN » Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:22 am

Looks like the Clippers are serious about game 6.
The Cult of Personality
DASMACKDOWN
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#3 » by DASMACKDOWN » Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:37 am

kulaz3000 wrote:Scottie just seems off to be it kindly.

There has been ZERO evidence of Phil ever being racist, not even a HINT over the decades he has been involved in the NBA. And because of ONE reason of opting to give a better shooter the last shot over Scottie, is his proof that Phil is racist, is just lunacy.

I'm sorry, but despite his greatness as a Bull and all that he is done, it's these type of stupid points of view and opinions from people you once admired which really sours your opinion on them. What an absolute idiot.

Its weird but the last 25 years havent been good for Scottie or John Paxson as Bulls legends to tell you the truth. For different reasons obviously.

Paxson for how he ran the Bulls the last 17 years and Scottie for spewing nonsense either about Jordan, the Bulls and now Phil. Which I call BS.

Scottie lately just looks like he is crying out for help. I dont like his antics right now.
The Cult of Personality
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 23,793

Post#4 » by kulaz3000 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:53 am

DASMACKDOWN wrote:
kulaz3000 wrote:Scottie just seems off to be it kindly.

There has been ZERO evidence of Phil ever being racist, not even a HINT over the decades he has been involved in the NBA. And because of ONE reason of opting to give a better shooter the last shot over Scottie, is his proof that Phil is racist, is just lunacy.

I'm sorry, but despite his greatness as a Bull and all that he is done, it's these type of stupid points of view and opinions from people you once admired which really sours your opinion on them. What an absolute idiot.

Its weird but the last 25 years havent been good for Scottie or John Paxson as Bulls legends to tell you the truth. For different reasons obviously.

Paxson for how he ran the Bulls the last 17 years and Scottie for spewing nonsense either about Jordan, the Bulls and now Phil. Which I call BS.

Scottie lately just looks like he is crying out for help. I dont like his antics right now.

I don't entirely agree with John Paxson, being that he did plenty of good while he was in charge, though he did make some poor decisions as far as treatment of head coaches, and just general basketball decision for the team, but I think for the most part, he is still very much respected. And I honestly think he really wasn't into the front office as much as he was initially during the latter part of his tenure with the Bulls.

As for Scottie, he is a strange one in that there were a few years where he would be courtside at Bulls games consistently and it was always great to see him rooting for the team. And then seeing him on The Jump from time to time, and giving his basketball take, which I thought he was decent at, though not great. But recently though, I'm not sure if he crying out for help, but it just doesn't seem like he is himself. I just know that the person he presented himself to be, and how is acting now doesn't align, and I specifically said, on how he presented himself to the public because you never know how these people are like behind closed doors to make a complete judgement. It's almost like a KD turn, where he was the choir boy with the Thunder and since then, he has made some questionable comments over the years, and has shown to be extremely sensitive towards people who see him in a negative light.

That said, he has gone through a lot, people he trusted with his money betraying him (and losing a whole lot of money), divorcing his wife, and losing his son. That's a lot to go through over the years, so it wouldn't shock me that he is going through something. It's sad more than anything else.
Why so serious?
DASMACKDOWN
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#5 » by DASMACKDOWN » Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:54 am

I actually do think it was a flagrant on Beverly.

Its the whole being under the feet which was unnecessary. He didnt just go thru a screen. He went thru it and took Paul's legs out.
The Cult of Personality
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#6 » by kulaz3000 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:56 am

PG waking up in the second half.

I hope this series goes 7. I really have no dog in the race as far as the Western conference goes. I'm currently rooting for the Bucks to win it all.

Giannis has received a lot of flack as a franchise player recently, and I think it's absurd. He is a once in a generation talent, with some flaws, like many great players in the past who had flaws in their game also. Plus, he is just an extremely likeable talent, he works hard, doesn't get himself involved in nonsense like twitter beef, or controversy, he is clearly a team player who deflects attention away from him and to his teammates a lot.
Why so serious?
DASMACKDOWN
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#7 » by DASMACKDOWN » Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:01 am

I think Paul George feels he is plaiyng with house money as crazy as it sounds. He is just playing free without pressure. It maybe different next game tho.

I think the media have gone too far with Paul George the last 2 years tho. Hes not perfect. But he is still a heck of a player.
The Cult of Personality
TheSuzerain
RealGM
And1: 10,726

Post#8 » by TheSuzerain » Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:03 am

Using a line-up that primarily contains:

Paul George (max talent, but not a tier 1 superstar)
Marcus Morris (better than an MLE, obviously not a max talent)
Terrence Mann (2nd Rounder)
Reggie Jackson (Vet Min signing)
Nic Batum (Vet Min Signing)
Pat Bev (MLE caliber player I guess)

The Clippers have throttled the Jazz and are now hanging tough with an excellent Suns team. Seems to me the Clippers small ball lineup is at a schematic advantage over these other teams. Because it's certainly not raw talent.

That level of talent above is attainable for us. They should be the blueprint. Much more realistic.

By the way, the Vuc trade looks like ****. That is not the type of player you like to have in the playoffs.
johnnyvann840
RealGM
And1: 18,703

Post#9 » by johnnyvann840 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:03 am

kulaz3000 wrote:PG waking up in the second half.

I hope this series goes 7. I really have no dog in the race as far as the Western conference goes. I'm currently rooting for the Bucks to win it all.

Giannis has received a lot of flack as a franchise player recently, and I think it's absurd. He is a once in a generation talent, with some flaws, like many great players in the past who had flaws in their game also. Plus, he is just an extremely likeable talent, he works hard, doesn't get himself involved in nonsense like twitter beef, or controversy, he is clearly a team player who deflects attention away from him and to his teammates a lot.

I'm not rooting for the Bucks but I agree with you on Giannis. I would like to see a Bucks/Suns Finals but I want the Suns to win it all.
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#10 » by kulaz3000 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:05 am

DASMACKDOWN wrote:I think Paul George feels he is plaiyng with house money as crazy as it sounds. He is just playing free without pressure. It maybe different next game tho.

I think the media have gone too far with Paul George the last 2 years tho. Hes not perfect. But he is still a heck of a player.

He is ABSOLUTELY playing with house money, or has since Kawhi went down and rightfully so. If they lose, it's expected, so as you said, he is just playing free and without much pressure, and he is showing the type of talent he is. I've always liked him as a player, and he is definitely a player you try to build a team around, he just unfortunately faltered when he had that chance.
Why so serious?
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#11 » by kulaz3000 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:08 am

TheSuzerain wrote:By the way, the Vuc trade looks like ****. That is not the type of player you like to have in the playoffs.

I don't know, I'm still in support of the trade. The Bulls needed to make a bold move to bring in another star in his prime and they got it done. I'd give it next season to see if it works out, and if it doesn't, he is still young enough and on a descending contract where he is very much moveable.
Why so serious?
TheSuzerain
RealGM

Post#12 » by TheSuzerain » Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:13 am

kulaz3000 wrote:
TheSuzerain wrote:By the way, the Vuc trade looks like ****. That is not the type of player you like to have in the playoffs.

I don't know, I'm still in support of the trade. The Bulls needed to make a bold move to bring in another star in his prime and they got it done. I'd give it next season to see if it works out, and if it doesn't, he is still young enough and on a descending contract where he is very much moveable.

I mean we're seeing the same thing in these playoffs that we've seen in every playoffs in recent memory. Centers are food. Even good defensive centers like Embiid/Gobert can have struggles for stretches. And Vuc is a bad defensive center.

This seems like a repeat of the GarPax mistake with Lauri/WCJ. Stop using so many assets on bigs. Lavine, WCJ, Vuc. Just stop.

The Clippers are excelling in part due to reducing the amount of minutes to bigs to the bare minimum.
DASMACKDOWN
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#13 » by DASMACKDOWN » Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:14 am

Oh no PG, now is not the time
The Cult of Personality
BullChit
Head Coach
And1: 3,704

Post#14 » by BullChit » Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:25 am

Ill say this much eye test wise I love Reggie Jackson's game.

He is fearless and plays with an edge.

Stat heads what's his defence like?

Sent from my CPH1979 using Tapatalk
eMar arnell eRozen... The "D" stands for "Defence"
DASMACKDOWN
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#15 » by DASMACKDOWN » Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:29 am

It doesnt matter what happens next game, I think Paul George has regained his respect.
The Cult of Personality
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#16 » by kulaz3000 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:30 am

TheSuzerain wrote:
kulaz3000 wrote:

I mean we're seeing the same thing in these playoffs that we've seen in every playoffs in recent memory. Centers are food. Even good defensive centers like Embiid/Gobert can have struggles for stretches. And Vuc is a bad defensive center.

This seems like a repeat of the GarPax mistake with Lauri/WCJ. Stop using so many assets on bigs. Lavine, WCJ, Vuc. Just stop.

The Clippers are excelling in part due to reducing the amount of minutes to bigs to the bare minimum.

C'mon, Gobert and Emiid are entirely different animals. Embiid was suffering from injuries, and his team second best player absolutely vanished, and he STILL had impressive games on both ends of the floor. Then you also have Jokic who played amazingly in the playoffs albiet, got knocked out in the second round, again, due to his team being vastly undermanned.

I think big men definitely have a place in this league, and can have success in the playoffs, it's just that the two best centers were either on flawed teams, or had injuries on their roster or to themselves they couldn't overcome.
Why so serious?
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#17 » by kulaz3000 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:32 am

DASMACKDOWN wrote:It doesnt matter what happens next game, I think Paul George has regained his respect.

I'm actually more impressed by how Reggie Jackson has played in the playoffs.
Why so serious?
TheSuzerain
RealGM

Post#18 » by TheSuzerain » Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:36 am

kulaz3000 wrote:
TheSuzerain wrote:
kulaz3000 wrote:

C'mon, Gobert and Emiid are entirely different animals. Embiid was suffering from injuries, and his team second best player absolutely vanished, and he STILL had impressive games on both ends of the floor. Then you also have Jokic who played amazingly in the playoffs albiet, got knocked out in the second round, again, due to his team being vastly undermanned.

I think big men definitely have a place in this league, and can have success in the playoffs, it's just that the two best centers were either on flawed teams, or had injuries on their roster or to themselves they couldn't overcome.

I love Embiid. He and Jokic are generationally good.

Vuc is not. Unless your center is generationally good, I feel like they should be a rotation player. You need to be able to bench them for long stretches of the game. We just saw the Jazz throw their season away because they wouldn't bench Gobert when they really should have.
TheGOATRises007
RealGM
And1: 18,318

Post#19 » by TheGOATRises007 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:42 am

The Clippers 5 out attack is the future of the NBA.

I also think the Vuc trade was a mistake.

We should have built towards a 5 out attack considering some of our personnel. We got too caught up in pairing an AS with Lavine ASAP.
TheGOATRises007
RealGM
And1: 18,318

Post#20 » by TheGOATRises007 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:43 am

johnnyvann840 wrote:
kulaz3000 wrote:PG waking up in the second half.

I'm not rooting for the Bucks but I agree with you on Giannis. I would like to see a Bucks/Suns Finals but I want the Suns to win it all.

I don't want CP3 to get a ring.

Yeah it's cruel, but he flops so much. At least Giannis doesn't engage in that nonsense.

Return to Chicago Bulls