ImageImageImage

Woj: Ime Udoka Named Head Coach

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Tatumfor2
Starter
And1: 4,673

Re: Woj: Ime Udoka Named Head Coach 

Post#301 » by Tatumfor2 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:36 pm

djFan71 wrote:
BleedGreen1989 wrote:
djFan71 wrote:Love Ime, seems like a great hire.
Tea leaves time - Jays, Marcus are pretty much gonna be here.
Everyone else that he didn't bother necessarily even naming even when specifically asked may be available...

I mean, he basically names everyone of note.

Yeah, he said "former first round picks" a few times and listed them once. But nothing more than that. Really, I'm just...

Trade with the T-wolves incoming?
Win it for Al!!! :pray:
robbie84
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,374

Post#302 » by robbie84 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:34 pm

Edug27 wrote:
SichtingLives wrote:This shakeup and new head coach officially signals the end of our failed rebuild and for that I am grateful. It was honestly a great plan it just didn't happen. Excited to see a new coach, a different style of play and pretty comfortable saying that Brad will be an upgrade to what Danny has been doing the last few years.

Failed in the sense of winning a title? Because Boston went from a 20 win team post Doc, to 3 ECF appearances in 4 years. Hard to consider that a “failed rebuild”. I thought both Danny and Brad did a great job building this program back up using those Nets picks. Just couldn’t get them over the hump.. and some tough luck with our big free agency signings.

And our two stars are 23 and 24 years old lol
One day Marcus Smart will be defensive player of the year, mark my words.
Edug27
RealGM
And1: 8,204

Post#303 » by Edug27 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:08 am

SichtingLives wrote:
Edug27 wrote:
SichtingLives wrote:This shakeup and new head coach officially signals the end of our failed rebuild and for that I am grateful. It was honestly a great plan it just didn't happen. Excited to see a new coach, a different style of play and pretty comfortable saying that Brad will be an upgrade to what Danny has been doing the last few years.

Failed in the sense of winning a title? Because Boston went from a 20 win team post Doc, to 3 ECF appearances in 4 years. Hard to consider that a “failed rebuild”. I thought both Danny and Brad did a great job building this program back up using those Nets picks. Just couldn’t get them over the hump.. and some tough luck with our big free agency signings.

You realize the 3 ecf in 4 years shtick has been a bad meme for a while now right? just checking because this exact fanbase and forum murdered Raptor fans for doing that same thing for like a decade. And yes, failure. I dont recall anyone here talking about how over the moon they'd be for a few ecf flameouts as the pinnacle of this long, laborious rebuild back in 2013 so no need to kick the goalposts around post haste just because it didn't work out.

Danny was undeniably bad at his job when it mattered this time around, and thats ultimately why he isn't still doing it. His 2018-19 campaign was one of the worst GM'ed seasons I've ever seen in sports and the followup to those years was limp. Lot of big assets got away for nothing. It is what it is, psyched we're moving into a new chapter where maybe some Celtic fans will be a little less proud of finishing in 3rd, 4th, 5th place and while we're at it, the style of play has sucked for years with Brad at the helm so hopefully that changes too.

You’re super over dramatic lol. It was the Nets trade that landed us Tatum and Brown. The cornerstones of the franchise.. who led us to the ECF in their early 20’s. You’re just a “title or fail” type of fan. And that’s cool. I’m just on the other side. I loved seeing Tatum lead us in the bubble. I loved seeing Jaylen develop into an all star. I loved seeing Brad get this team to overachieve with the IT squad. We failed at banner 18, we didn’t fail at rebuilding post big 3. We are in great shape moving forward.

And yes, Danny made some bad moves. Which is why it was time for him to walk away. But “one of the worse GMing seasons”?? Really? That’s a comment of someone who’s new to the league, which I know you aren’t.
yeahM8
Starter
And1: 3,676

Post#304 » by yeahM8 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:38 am

im here for ime. jusy read something out bringing/letting the dogs out of tatum and brown or something.

Lets go BAHA MEN!
Ill News
General Manager
And1: 16,306

Post#305 » by Ill News » Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:20 am

It would've been great if Ime opened his presser with "I'm excited to be the first black coach in Celtics history" :lol:

Love him already, and I love how he vows to push Tatum and Brown, who are basically asking for tough coaching. Hopefully his X's and O's are as good as well. Can't wait for our team to return to that gritty, hard-nosed, and tough identity they've been lacking since the IT years!
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 89,150

Post#306 » by zoyathedestroya » Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:37 am

cloverleaf wrote:
Shak_Celts wrote:
cloverleaf wrote:Meanwhile, I didn't hear any Fournier love from Ime.

He's about to be a FA.

Doesn't mean he couldn't have been tossed a flower or two.

Someone who isn't a FA and and I at least don't think got love from Ime is Tristan...

They literally can't talk about impending FAs. So not mentioning Fournier was super understandable. Reporters were smart not to ask him about Evan too.

I think TT's gone.
FeedReed
Starter
And1: 839

Post#307 » by FeedReed » Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:40 am

i'm a fan. he said he won't be scared to get on their asses, and they're looking to play more team basketball... those are the 2 things i wanted to hear. also, this dude had some anxiety in his press conference... shaky voice. i like that, shows he's human and he cares.... very rarely see that in NBA.
robbie84
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,374

Post#308 » by robbie84 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:53 am

I was skeptical but I watched the introduction and when the reporter asked what could be improved he said something along the lines of "Sorry Brad, but being 27th in the league in assists isn't gonna cut it".

When a guy says he's gonna get on their ass and 'my style is a hard nose, and we got some dawgs' you immediately get my attention.
Can't wait for next season.

Dumping Kemba and picking up a guy who's been under Popovich for 7 years as a coach and even more as a player has turned a $hitty season into something to look forward to.
One day Marcus Smart will be defensive player of the year, mark my words.
BillessuR6
General Manager
And1: 2,481

Post#309 » by BillessuR6 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:37 am

He was surprisingly nervous, I thought. Especially toward the end of the press conference.

Seems like a guy who is great at managing egos and good motivator. Do not know about his Xs and Os... What I read from BRK and PHI fans, their defense wasn`t really good...

I am sure he will have a great effect on our guys at the start, I just hope his "motivational speeches" won`t get too old too quickly, like with Doc.

And he needs to surround himself with some of the top Xs and Os assistant coaches...
Stan34
Senior
And1: 435

Post#310 » by Stan34 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:44 am

So udaka said celtics were his first choice because of the roster. He said the jays have mvp all nba level potential but alot of cs fans don't think so about jaylen. But he proved them wrong every year and he will do it again. Nothing new

Inviato dal mio BAH2-W19 utilizzando Tapatalk
CavePerson
Ballboy
And1: 2

Re: Woj: Ime Udoka To Be Named Head Coach 

Post#311 » by CavePerson » Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:04 pm

Bleeding Green wrote:You guys are really upset about some guy who was so stupid that he threw away his entire career to ride a motorcycle.

Please don't assume people's genders.
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,836

Post#312 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:40 pm

CavePerson wrote:
Bleeding Green wrote:You guys are really upset about some guy who was so stupid that he threw away his entire career to ride a motorcycle.

Many people still use “guys” as a gender-neutral term.
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,875

Post#313 » by Bleeding Green » Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:51 pm

CavePerson wrote:

I was specifically talking to the guys.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
cloverleaf
General Manager
And1: 6,377

Post#314 » by cloverleaf » Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:19 pm

Stan34 wrote:So udaka said celtics were his first choice because of the roster. He said the jays have mvp all nba level potential but alot of cs fans don't think so about jaylen. But he proved them wrong every year and he will do it again. Nothing new

He didn't just say that, he said that is how JB (as well as JT) is seen around the league.
Stan34
Senior

Post#315 » by Stan34 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:21 pm

cloverleaf wrote:
Stan34 wrote:So udaka said celtics were his first choice because of the roster. He said the jays have mvp all nba level potential but alot of cs fans don't think so about jaylen. But he proved them wrong every year and he will do it again. Nothing new

He didn't just say that, he said that is how JB (as well as JT) is seen around the league.
Whats the difference?

Inviato dal mio moto g(7) plus utilizzando Tapatalk
cloverleaf
General Manager
And1: 6,377

Post#316 » by cloverleaf » Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:26 pm

Stan34 wrote:
cloverleaf wrote:

Whats the difference?

I think that's self-evident.
Stan34
Senior

Post#317 » by Stan34 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:29 pm

cloverleaf wrote:
Stan34 wrote:
cloverleaf wrote:
Whats the difference?

I think that's self-evident.
Is he not part of the outside perception? And again, much better. Alot of people around the League think that about Jaylen. I dont understand your point

MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Post#318 » by MagicBagley18 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:40 pm

He said they have “mvp and all nba potential” - he differentiated between those 2 things. mvp for Tatum and brown all nba potential. No part of that suggestion says brown has mvp potential & no one in the nba thinks that either
Stan34
Senior

Post#319 » by Stan34 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:44 pm

MagicBagley18 wrote:He said they have “mvp and all nba potential” - he differentiated between those 2 things. mvp for Tatum and brown all nba potential. No part of that suggestion says brown has mvp potential & no one in the nba thinks that either
All Nba is not enough for you? Before 2020 you were saying that Jaylen was going to be a great role player at best. I consider that a big leap

MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Post#320 » by MagicBagley18 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:47 pm

Stan34 wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:He said they have “mvp and all nba potential” - he differentiated between those 2 things. mvp for Tatum and brown all nba potential. No part of that suggestion says brown has mvp potential & no one in the nba thinks that either
All Nba is not enough for you? Before 2020 you were saying that Jaylen was going to be a great role player at best. I consider that a big leap

Hey Stan, thanks for stalking my posts- don’t know who the hell you are but I’m glad you know me. Appreciate your fandom. I actually said Jaylen would be a fringe all star. I’ve also credited him for improving and how great he works at his game.

And yes all nba is enough for me- hell just never be all nba. Never. Hey keep following me tho- it’s cute.

Return to Boston Celtics