This

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,187

Re: Around the NBA II 

Post#1962 » by MartinToVaught » Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:19 pm

nickhx2 wrote:7 year old future millionaire Damian Lillard should have KNOWN

Well, no, but one could argue that 30-year-old current millionaire Damian Lillard could have done a quick Google search on the candidates he chose to publicly endorse for his team's coaching job. Especially with Kidd, since his scandal wasn't as obscure as Billups' was.
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,162

Post#1963 » by og15 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:08 am

MartinToVaught wrote:

Well, no, but one could argue that 30-year-old current millionaire Damian Lillard could have done a quick Google search on the candidates he chose to publicly endorse for his team's coaching job. Especially with Kidd, since his scandal wasn't as obscure as Billups' was.

I don't know, maybe he thought his team wouldn't be interviewing and having guys who were going to be controversial at the top of their coaching list, so he didn't feel he needed to search whether they had assault cases.

Like seriously, how are we making this seem like it was some fault of his? The team first off should be the one doing the vetting of those kinds of things, not players, and secondly, how many of you search about those kinds of things for any coaching, etc candidates linked to the team?

I heard no one complaining about Billups being an announcer for the team, or an assistant, but suddenly Lillard should have been looking for possible assault cases in the past?

It's not like these were recent happenings, and it's not like there was any controversy about Kidd being hired at his last job or as an assistant which Lillard would then have known about. Kidd's domestic abuse was in 2001, Dame was still like 11, it was not current news by the time Lillard was in the NBA.

Fans who were a bit older at that time would mostly know about it, and others fans might find out if older fans maybe mention it, but newer NBA fans unless they stumbled upon it wouldn't even know about Kidd's, even though when it happened, it was more known than Billups situation.
clipperlover
Rookie
And1: 997

Post#1964 » by clipperlover » Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:54 pm

MartinToVaught wrote:

So ridiculous. Billups was hired by ESPN. He was hired by the Clippers for broadcasting and coaching positions after that. Kidd has been a coach in this league 3 different times since he retired.

Why place any blame on Lillard when organizations themselves have hired these guys and they have the money to do all the vetting?
mttwlsn16
Head Coach
And1: 1,983

Post#1965 » by mttwlsn16 » Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:27 am

Hawks role players all stepping up big time w Trey Young out. Lou Will has a super efficient 19 pts thru 3.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#1966 » by MartinToVaught » Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:32 am

Now Giannis has a serious injury. These playoffs are an absolute disaster.

The Suns will be the weakest Mickey Mouse champions in league history (outside of the Warriors with Durant) if they close our series out.
MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#1967 » by MartinToVaught » Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:43 am

MartinToVaught wrote:The Nets board is having an epic meltdown right now - one guy on there even said he hopes Giannis tears his Achilles. I wish I was kidding.

With all the extreme heartbreak the Clippers went through before this season, I'm glad our fanbase has always handled it with class. Like, when we choked to the Nuggets last year, we all argued over what the Clippers did wrong and how to improve. I don't recall anyone spewing such toxicity about Jokic or Murray.

Right on cue: "Karma" is a trending topic on Twitter right now because the Nets' classless fanbase thinks Giannis' injury is "karma for Kyrie." :noway:
NippySudz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,460

Post#1968 » by NippySudz » Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:46 am

Rondo for lou officially bad trade if it wasn't already

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#1969 » by NippySudz » Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:56 am

No Trae, no Giannis. I hope our team can

A) beat the suns this series

And
B ) stay healthy. I really hope we get no more injuries to key players.

Even without kawhi we have a chance to win a title. Hoping for all the best.

NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#1970 » by NippySudz » Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:59 am

MartinToVaught wrote:Now Giannis has a serious injury. These playoffs are an absolute disaster.

The Suns will be the weakest Mickey Mouse champions in league history (outside of the Warriors with Durant) if they close our series out.
I for one won't be calling it a weak championship if the clippers close out the series. I hope we get the job done.

It's unfortunate what's happening to stars with the injury bug, but it doesn't mean clippers shouldn't try to capitalize on the opportunity.or any other team. I just hope we can win against the suns. I don't want the suns anywhere near that title.

MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#1971 » by MartinToVaught » Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:01 am

NippySudz wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:Now Giannis has a serious injury. These playoffs are an absolute disaster.

I for one won't be calling it a weak championship if the clippers close out the series. I hope we get the job done.

Of course it won't be weak if we win it. We're down three starters. That would be the hardest-earned championship in NBA history.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#1972 » by NippySudz » Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:25 am

MartinToVaught wrote:
NippySudz wrote:

Of course it won't be weak if we win it. We're down three starters. That would be the hardest-earned championship in NBA history.
Fair enough. Suns are fully manned. I really hope we can win the series.

og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers

Post#1973 » by og15 » Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:25 am

Who said the Suns are even going to beat the Clippers? The Clippers can beat them and be the champions. Not going to be downplaying or minimizing the possible champs when that could still be the Clippers. It can't go one way, can't be weak for other teams, but normal is the Clippers win it.
MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#1974 » by MartinToVaught » Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:31 am

og15 wrote:

Who said the Suns are even going to beat the Clippers?

There's a reason I said "if," not "when."
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers

Post#1975 » by og15 » Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:39 am

MartinToVaught wrote:
og15 wrote:

Who said the Suns are even going to beat the Clippers?

Suns are losing ;), unless Monty knows how to pull a Ty Lue, don't think he does, we'll see
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#1976 » by NippySudz » Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:41 am

og15 wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:
og15 wrote:Who said the Suns are even going to beat the Clippers?

Suns are losing ;), unless Monty knows how to pull a Ty Lue, don't think he does, we'll see
I just hope we do t run out of gas or suffer another setback with injuries. I like our chances.

MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#1977 » by MartinToVaught » Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:43 am

og15 wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:
og15 wrote:Who said the Suns are even going to beat the Clippers?

I have way too much playoff PTSD to agree with you on that. I'm taking it game by game. :D
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers

Post#1978 » by og15 » Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:57 am

MartinToVaught wrote:
og15 wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:There's a reason I said "if," not "when."

I have way too much playoff PTSD to agree with you on that. I'm taking it game by game. :D

The trauma is real, I understand, certainly tough to get three in a row, but doable
Dynamix
Starter
And1: 2,302

Post#1979 » by Dynamix » Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:55 am

Wish Giannis hadn't gotten hurt, because now I'm day-dreaming about winning a chip without Kawhi instead of just hoping we get back to Phoenix for G7.
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Post#1980 » by Quake Griffin » Mon Jul 5, 2021 12:10 am

Bud > Doc.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers